The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Transmutation crafting station writ cost

Bobak
Bobak
How many writs does the new crafting station cost, still stuck downloading

Best Answer

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boom! Looks like Writ voucher market is about to hot up! :)
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »

watttttttttttttttttttttttttttt?????????????????

1250 vouchers for something that we must complete god knows how many trials to be able to change one trait to a weapon?

LOLLLLL this will be used by 0,00000000000001 % of player base

no tnx i prefer to spend my very hard earned vouchers for cosmetic items
    and if cant get an infused staff will stay with old one
    Edited by method__01 on September 19, 2017 8:15AM
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not bad, I expected 3000+
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    method__01 wrote: »

1250 vouchers for something that we must complete god knows how many trials to be able to change one trait to a weapon?

Bruh you can access a free transmute station in the city... If you want your own you have to pay the writ vouchers.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DPShiro wrote: »
    1250 is almost 3 times the cost of the trial target dummy
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »

Trust me, the voucher amount for crafting the large Centurion is not the issue, it's getting 120 parts from vHoF reward boxes that's the pain.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • nCats
    nCats
    ✭✭✭
    Well in EU market prices this would be like 600k for master writs plus the resources.

The super rich guilds and players may allow it into their guild halls. Rest I'm not so sure.
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bruh you can access a free transmute station in the city... If you want your own you have to pay the writ vouchers.

yeah saw the notes, was mostly referring to whole idea and the almost 0% who benefits from
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People have been complaining they are sitting in thousands of vouchers with nothing to spend on. Considering the alternative is buying the DLC 1250 seems cheap.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Trust me, the voucher amount for crafting the large Centurion is not the issue, it's getting 120 parts from vHoF reward boxes that's the pain.

Even for our guild...Its 10 successful runs of HoF...if all raid team willing to give them up to guild...
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sevomd69 wrote: »

Even for our guild...Its 10 successful runs of HoF...if all raid team willing to give them up to guild...

You only get one per week, per character.
    And not everyone wants to give them up.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sevomd69 wrote: »

You only get one per week, per character.
    And not everyone wants to give them up.

Yup...only 7 gave them up our last run...not everyone will be willing to give it up...
  • theamazingx
    theamazingx
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only people who really need this are a rare species that value endgame enough to want trait change but not enough to get dlc with a trial in it (or just have eso+). Even then, all it takes is one guy on your friends list or membership in a decent trade guild to have access to it without spending a cent, real or virtual.
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    again,this is focusing to guilds or big player organised groups who run trials in a daily basis
    and NOT in solo players who got other interests (housing,lore,trading,exploring etc)
    who's doing trials atm?10%? 15%?
    leave another 80% of players outside and present this like major change?

not doing trials since last year-when had 0 money and resources-not going to start now
    maybe im just unsocial or worst team player but sure must be someway for individual to get stones
    Edited by method__01 on September 19, 2017 1:02PM
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• theamazingx
    theamazingx
    ✭✭✭✭
    again,this is focusing to guilds or big player organised groups who run trials in a daily basis
    and NOT in solo players who got other interests (housing,lore,trading,exploring etc)

not doing trials since last year-when had 0 money and resources-not going to start now
    maybe im just unsocial or worst team player but sure must be someway for individual to get stones

Solo vet Fungal 1. Tada, solo stone farm.
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah,apart from 2nd boss its a good place,will def going for it,also i might try CoA I
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There's always going to be a point where ZOS wants you to run content you're not particularly interested in, because it's a good business idea to make everyone try out all parts of the game.

Players whose primary interests are housing and exploring don't need to retrait their gear.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest, i expected it to be 125 just like the other generic stations.

At most 250, like the attunable ones or 750 like a full trio of attunables.

but 1250 for something that requires such a quantity of rare fuel to use, that is just mind-boggling.

of course, its PTS so while "the big change" TBC will always go thru the details and fine print of TBC always vary during testing.

might well be 125 at launch or some other number.

but 1250 to replace going into the CWC main zone and doing it there? that is a practically laughable pain-to-gain ratio if you ask me and i am pretty darn liberal about how much pain for gain i can take.

unless three Daedric Princes want to hold an "adult party" with you before you can get to the free-for-use station, thats just nuts.

Well, except from the POV of selling small DLC.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Marto
    Marto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am unable to purchase the DLC. From my perspective, this might be the closest ZOS has gotten to pay-to-win.

For me, getting a transmute station in my home is not a convinience feature, it's necessary and mandatory to even get the transmutation mechanic avaliable for me to use.

This is not ok. Gating a mechanic that has been requested for so long behind a 20-25 dollar paywall is rather scummy.

1205 would be generous, 250 would be fair. Act I'd say 500 should be the max. After all, you only need 1, and they are pretty rare and exotic.

But 1250? I've never even had 1250 vouchers, and I have done 6 writs a day for nearly a year now, every single day of the week (Yeah, call me a no-life if you wish).

Please ZOS, consider reducing the price.
    "According to the calculations of the sages of the Cult of the Ancestor Moth, the batam guar is the cutest creature in all Tamriel"
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marto wrote: »
    I am unable to purchase the DLC. From my perspective, this might be the closest ZOS has gotten to pay-to-win.

For me, getting a transmute station in my home is not a convinience feature, it's necessary and mandatory to even get the transmutation mechanic avaliable for me to use.

This is not ok. Gating a mechanic that has been requested for so long behind a 20-25 dollar paywall is rather scummy.

1205 would be generous, 250 would be fair. Act I'd say 500 should be the max. After all, you only need 1, and they are pretty rare and exotic.

But 1250? I've never even had 1250 vouchers, and I have done 6 writs a day for nearly a year now, every single day of the week (Yeah, call me a no-life if you wish).

Find a guild or a friend who has the station available in their residence. Problem solved. I'm sure GMs of medium-to-large trade guilds will be scrambling to get a transmutation station available as a perk.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think it's a lol. Iirc, anyone without access to the new DLC will be required to use a station purchased with writ vouchers.

Maybe I missed something in the patch notes. Seems like someone will have to buy the station.
  • Marto
    Marto
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Find a guild or a friend who has the station available in their residence. Problem solved. I'm sure GMs of medium-to-large trade guilds will be scrambling to get a transmutation station available as a perk.

That doesn't exactly solve the issue of the price. Sure, crowdsourcing vouchers with your guild is the most effective way to do it, but it still takes as much as 5 attunable stations, which is not a negligible amount of vouchers.

I know 1 of my guilds will have one, but I know none of my friends will.

And that's just me. I'm sure most players will be in a considerably worse situation.
    Edited by Marto on September 19, 2017 2:27PM
    "According to the calculations of the sages of the Cult of the Ancestor Moth, the batam guar is the cutest creature in all Tamriel"
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That doesn't exactly solve the issue of the price. Sure, crowdsourcing vouchers with your guild is the most effective way to do it, but it still takes as much as 5 attunable stations, which is not a negligible amount of vouchers.

I know 1 of my guilds will have one, but I know none of my friends will.

And that's just me. I'm sure most players will be in a considerably worse situation.

You're right, it's a pretty steep price. I'm not disagreeing there, but a lot of people seem to be missing that they do not need their own personal transmutation station in order to transmute without access to CWC. They just need access to one via another player.

It's meant to be a considerable investment, though; I think it should be at least 750 since it's a functional unique item and something you can't actually do in game without CWC (whereas things like the attuned crafting stations and target dummies can be substituted with sufficient effort).

• method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

I don't think it's a lol. Iirc, anyone without access to the new DLC will be required to use a station purchased with writ vouchers.

Maybe I missed something in the patch notes. Seems like someone will have to buy the station.

its a lot cause some1 might still have to buy crafting stations,motifs,target dummies
    not counting the cost of master writs or some outrageous priced new motifs you must buy or find to craft

after all this,if you have any energy left,you must go though trials for gathering stones so you can change 1 trait

yeah right :p

p.s: got eso plus,and vouchers to buy and mats but im not participating into this imho nonsense
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• Almariel
    Almariel
    ✭✭✭
    1250 vouchers is just... way too much. Especially compared to the other stuff and stations one can buy for vouchers. No, you wont transmute your items cheaper or for free at an own transmutation table, no, its just ridiculously expensive ;)
    @Sevryiel - daheim auf dem PC-EU Server
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Considering the amount of crystals that it will take to change something you aren't going to be doing it often...

You can buy them in the crown store, you can buy the DLC, you can wait for the GM of your major trade guild that has everything to buy it and use his...

I was hoping for a lower cost, but I don't really care that it is expensive.
    Playing since beta...
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Considering the amount of crystals that it will take to change something you aren't going to be doing it often...

You can buy them in the crown store, you can buy the DLC, you can wait for the GM of your major trade guild that has everything to buy it and use his...

I was hoping for a lower cost, but I don't really care that it is expensive.

i am not normally a crownspiracy guy by any means but this is the first thing that makes the cost make sense.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I knew it wasn't going to be cheap, but I was thinking along the lines of 750 writ vouchers. Enough to make you save and work for it and not a giveaway. But 1250 is just too much. Sure, I like the "Cool" factor and would love one in my home, but it's not any more inconvenient to use the one in Clockwork City which is fairly easy access. The cool factor is not enough to make me spend 1250 vouchers :)
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Price is reasonable for any semi organized guild
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk