The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Update 16 - Feedback Thread for Wardens

• Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stam warden needs a lotta love to give the bird an actual stamina effect like a small heal from the skill that can stack with the pet heal passive give stam isers some survival and bow users a long range self heal

Make lotus heal on dmg dealt like the original surge did this current version relies too much on weaving and is just not fun... also half the animation time on everything the entire class is clunky and slow...

As far as heals go the class is hurting bad in the uncancellable animations in a pinch and need a heal? Well too bad your a warden not the other 4 classes they can spam heal breath repentence blood etc insta heals woth short or cancellable animations warden better make a sandwich that heal taking all night.

Also the bird of prey morphs the crit bonus needs to be a slotted like dk and magelight skills.

Mushroom stamina morph give it a 20% heal buff it kinda sucls even at 40k stam or add a heal then a HoT after the initial cast

Bear needs to have a pull aggro tank morph and i feel it should be the stam version the non respawning one buff its health tighten up its ai and attack speeds and give it a taunt like clanfear.

Netches neat and all needs a faster summon more akin to like casting surge or molten armaments the long animation that if canceled stops it from summoning which is stupid given every other class can pop a biff no issue.

Buff the dmg of frost skills they all lack kinda hard.

Passives bump the recovery passives to up another 3%.

Up the pet skill dmg buff per slotted animal

Just turn up the dial on everything sorry pvp if you hate wardens but pve needs love and its only gonna come if it hurts you guys

Edited by Mettaricana on September 20, 2017 1:46AM
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magicka wardens need a slight dps increase in PvE without buffing burst in pvp. Some kind of buff to a dot / rotation improvement.

Arctic Wind and it's morphs need a buff.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stam warden needs a lotta love to give the bird an actual stamina effect like a small heal from the skill that can stack with the pet heal passive give stam isers some survival and bow users a long range self heal

Make lotus heal on dmg dealt like the original surge did this current version relies too much on weaving and is just not fun... also half the animation time on everything the entire class is clunky and slow...

As far as heals go the class is hurting bad in the uncancellable animations in a pinch and need a heal? Well too bad your a warden not the other 4 classes they can spam heal breath repentence blood etc insta heals woth short or cancellable animations warden better make a sandwich that heal taking all night.

Also the bird of prey morphs the crit bonus needs to be a slotted like dk and magelight skills.

Mushroom stamina morph give it a 20% heal buff it kinda sucls even at 40k stam or add a heal then a HoT after the initial cast

Bear needs to have a pull aggro tank morph and i feel it should be the stam version the non respawning one buff its health tighten up its ai and attack speeds and give it a taunt like clanfear.

Netches neat and all needs a faster summon more akin to like casting surge or molten armaments the long animation that if canceled stops it from summoning which is stupid given every other class can pop a biff no issue.

Just turn up the dial on everything sorry pvp if you hate wardens but pve needs love and its only gonna come if it hurts you guys

Agree with everything, but the main thing pvp wardens are annoyed with is the lack of response when it comes to the netch in stealth. It gives you away and puts a huge target on your head. We are pretty much forced to use major brutality potions, because unlike every other class, we cant have our major brutality ability active during sneaking.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    Maikon wrote: »
    Dive and morphs still need to made dodgeable for pvp's sake.

No

I feel the only way you get kills in pvp is endless spam one skill while hanging around a zerg. If it were dodgeable, then maybe you'll learn some skill.

I don't think you've ever played as a warden lol. Takes a lot of skill, not just spamming birds. Honestly if you die to straight birds it's really just a learn to play issue.

That's only when half the enemy players don't render in and I can't see what the heck is hitting me. Easy enough to shield from birds if I know there's a warden. Dumb to try to dodge them.
    Edited by WuffyCerulei on September 20, 2017 10:47AM
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No

I feel the only way you get kills in pvp is endless spam one skill while hanging around a zerg. If it were dodgeable, then maybe you'll learn some skill.

I don't think you've ever played as a warden lol. Takes a lot of skill, not just spamming birds. Honestly if you die to straight birds it's really just a learn to play issue.

That's only when half the enemy players don't render in and I can't see what the heck is hitting me. Easy enough to shield from birds if I know there's a warden. Dumb to try to dodge them.

Good, im not the only person that gets killed by invisible projectiles / enemies. Ever since HotR the renering has been awful....
  • Pastas
    Pastas
    ✭✭✭
    laced wrote: »

Agree with everything, but the main thing pvp wardens are annoyed with is the lack of response when it comes to the netch in stealth. It gives you away and puts a huge target on your head. We are pretty much forced to use major brutality potions, because unlike every other class, we cant have our major brutality ability active during sneaking.

That't not true, NB and templar can't gaing major brutality in stealth unlees they are using rally, and wardens can use it too.
    WARNING
    This post may Include horrible gramatical and orthographic errors
    Read on your own risk
    AD
    Dar'foo Stamblade Zorg-gro-Wurf DK tank Far-Datxo Templar healer Valmir Spellius Magsorc
    Randolf Omberic Magblade Felien Golas Magdk Faenor Oakwood Stamplar Sader Dustorm Stamsorc
    EP
    Do'Ragash Stamdk Caius Grachus Stamden Dalyne Narus Magplar
    DC
    Melkar Spellius Magden
    PC EU
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pastas wrote: »
    laced wrote: »

That't not true, NB and templar can't gaing major brutality in stealth unlees they are using rally, and wardens can use it too.

They can still use a class ability, and go back into stealth if they use a potion for example. We cannot even do that because the beam of light from netch gives us away. Do not even try to say its the same thing. That is why I said ACTIVE while sneaking, not ACTIVATED while sneaking. It is a glitch, so dont even try to defend it, the netch goes into stealth, its just the beam does not for some reason.
    Edited by Jade1986 on September 20, 2017 12:01PM
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No

Install Miat's and you won't have that issue anymore.

Should also help you to see the hard casted frags, dark flares and snipes from the backline squad.

Or.. if you're against Miat... press your block key, your cloak key, your harness key, your heal key, ...

At least there's a counter to the skill... unlike petrify and Rune cage :wink:
  • Talrol
    Talrol
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I saw no mention in the patch notes regarding a fix for maturation, while there are some who feel this passive is worthless, I find it quite nice to have for 4 man content or when I'm soloing. Is there a fix in the works for this as mentioned in the live forums previously?
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yes, please make the birds dodgeable
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magic warden still feels like a walking liability, as a healer it's so so, as a dps it's just a burden on the group to be honest

On live I think I'm putting mine in to park, I needed another Crafter anyway
  • Talrol
    Talrol
    ✭✭✭
    Magic warden still feels like a walking liability, as a healer it's so so, as a dps it's just a burden on the group to be honest

As a healer I hold my own against any other healer in my trials guild, just because they are different than Templars does not make them inferior, in fact, we compliment each other exceptionally well.
  • Xrucible
    Xrucible
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure the idea is to have magika warden as only a healer.. It makes sense with the nerfs magplars have been getting recently. Magika wardens and templars = healers.
    On a long break from ESO.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    CSessions wrote: »

As a healer I hold my own against any other healer in my trials guild, just because they are different than Templars does not make them inferior, in fact, we compliment each other exceptionally well.

NBs and Wardens make great Trial healers, no problem about that. It's solely the dps where magicka wardens suck.

Make swarm and it's morphs let the target take 10% more magic damage. Give wardens another strong single target ice dot. Half of the skills aren't used anyway.

Bird of prey costs way too much for its short duration..

Make the bird return a bit of it's cost if it critically strikes.

Give wardens 10% more damages against immobilised and chilled enemies...
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Masel92 wrote: »

Bird of prey costs way too much for its short duration..
    Magwardens dps have insane magicka drains, partially cause we got to cast deep fissure a lot, but also because Nature's Gift, our only passive that helps with sustain, is tied to proccing a Green Balance heal, which we don't, nor should even have to slot to dps. This is another large issue with warden's trying to dps that should also be addressed.
    Edited by SanTii.92 on September 20, 2017 7:09PM
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    SanTii.92 wrote: »

Magwardens dps have insane magicka drains, partially cause we got to cast deep fissure a lot, but also because Nature's Gift, our only passive that helps with sustain, is tied to proccing a Green Balance heal, which we don't, nor should even have to slot to dps. This is another large issue with warden's trying to dps that should also be addressed.

Exactly. So we need to have something that returns resources to us. For example:

Screaming Cliffracer:

Returns 4% of the damage done as magicka to the casting warden if the ability critically strikes.

So depending on how hard you hit, the cheaper the skill is. The return would be miniscule in PvP (let's say 4k damage: 200 Magicka and you'd have to go for a good level of critical chance to use it) and would give you a great sustain boost in PvE.

Another suggestion could be that they add a magicka gain to the animal companion passive that heals you on cast of animal companion abilities, but I'd prefer the scaled return from the cliffracer.
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Exactly. So we need to have something that returns resources to us. For example:

Screaming Cliffracer:

Returns 4% of the damage done as magicka to the casting warden if the ability critically strikes.

So depending on how hard you hit, the cheaper the skill is. The return would be miniscule in PvP (let's say 4k damage: 200 Magicka and you'd have to go for a good level of critical chance to use it) and would give you a great sustain boost in PvE.

Another suggestion could be that they add a magicka gain to the animal companion passive that heals you on cast of animal companion abilities, but I'd prefer the scaled return from the cliffracer.

That healing passive should just be gone. Even with lotus and the passive I still have to slot vigor/mushrooms when soloing normal dungeons. I dont have to on sorc with surge. You could remove it and nobody would probably notice. Plus it is damage tree ffs. For a class that is supposed to be split perfectly tank/healing/dps 1:1:1 i feel more like its 0.8:1.7:0.5
    Edited by SodanTok on September 20, 2017 7:29PM
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭

No

They are, if you are a nb. I've seen many of my dive abilities miss b/c a nb went into stealth
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    //Deceptive Predator (Falcon’s Swiftness morph): This morph now increases the duration to 14 seconds, in addition to granting Minor Evasion.//

Wardens already have the longest duration magicka speed buff of any class. Templars, by comparison, have none. Why give the Warden even more mobility?
  • CaliCrippy714
    CaliCrippy714
    ✭✭✭

No

Like what? Killing them with swarm?

Also, bear ulti is useless in pvp especially the magicka version. Mid fight when all of a sudden your toon stops responding to your button presses and start doing the summoning animation and think to myself "oh, my bear must have died". Im fine if they make it a double bar normal ability slot but as an ulti, its a joke. This class needs an execution badly.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Animal Companions

Betty Netch: Reduced the intensity of the visual effects from this ability and its morphs.
    Blue Betty (Betty Netch morph): Fixed an issue where this morph was not removing a negative effect from you if you had more than one negative effect on you.

The beam is definitely less noticeable than it is on live, but apparently it is still too much for some people

Perhaps a new setting in the Combat section should be added that disables beams (Netch, Guard, Malubeth, ... )for the user?

Deceptive Predator (Falcon’s Swiftness morph): This morph now increases the duration to 14 seconds, in addition to granting Minor Evasion.

It is nice that this morph received a duration increase, considering the spell cost.

Green Balance

Nature’s Grasp: Increased the range of this ability and its morphs to 28 meters from 22 meters.
    Bursting Vines (Nature’s Grasp morph): Increased the projectile speed for this morph by 100%, and increased the heal from this morph by 10%.

I'm gonna be honest here: I don't like this skill at all and I think it's a waste of a skill. It is fun to play with, especially in Cyrodiil but considering the Warden already has access to 2 strong heals as well as a healing Ultimate I don't think there should be yet another one.

The skill does have the potential to be so much more since we can only use it on another player, so perhaps this skill could be overhauled in a way that increases the Warden's utility when it comes to healing

Fungal Growth: Fixed an issue where some of the visual effects of this ability and its morphs were not aligned with the actual location of the healing cone.

I do notice that at times while running around and casting this skill, the Warden would at times to freeze for a split second before casting this. Especially while turning around

Winter’s Embrace

Frozen Gate: This ability and its morphs now allow you to have up to 3 gates active at a time, up from 1. Its initial spawning visual effects are now visible to enemies.

This is a really great change. Compared to the other classes, the Warden plays a bit more tactical. So being able to put down more of these portals plays to their strengths while increasing the efficiency of this skill

This is pretty much all I have to say about the recent changes. I do hope there are more bug fixes planned for the Wardens with the coming patches on Live and PTS. Especially the Maturation bug (which is supposed to come next Live patch), the morphs of Secluded Grove (Healing Thicket heals for too much while Enchanted Forest gives the 20 Ultimate regardless of HP) and Lotus Blossom (Not fully charged Heavy Attacks return no health, they should at least give the Light Attack values)
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People who are complaining about dive need to play wardens. Magicka warden in PvP has a slightly easier time lining up its CC and burst combo, but stamina warden has a heck of a time lining up burst and maintaining pressure, especially if we get CC'd before beetles goes off and they shoot backwards. Stamina wardens don't have the luxury of predictable CC during their combo and as such need to maintain that target the whole time or sacrifice on timing for 2h/run a low power move like reverb bash as part of their combo.

If you're dying to bird spam, it isn't the warden class at fault.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cutting Dive (Dive morph) - needs some additional effect. Minor Fracture or something like that.
    Scorch - I can't even tell you how much I hate visuals of this spell. Why would you change it from Haj-Mota? Just making turtle a bit brighter and glowing would be enough. I will never stop bitching about this spell, untill you change it. I promise.
    Bull Netch (Betty Netch morph) - Maybe add something else to this spell? Like make dodge roll cheaper by 3-5% while this spell is active or something.
    Falcon's Swiftness - both morphs need to last 20 seconds at least. Cost is too high, duration is too short. Making it just cheaper won't cut it. Screws up already clunky rotation.
    Advanced Species passive could get some rework. It's just too underwhelming. Overall all passives are still quite meh and synergise poorly.

Northern Storm (Sleet Storm morph) - 8% max magicka bonus should be moved over to passives. Don't tie passives to ultimates. Stuff like this really hurts build diversity and pigeonholes people into certain skills.
    Winter's Revenge (Impaling Shards morph) - this ability still works in a weird way. Critical chance doesn't match. I think it just uses weapon crit instead of spell crit.
    Arctic Wind - both morphs need some work. Increase in damage and healing or even adding some additional effects.
    Frozen Armor passive provides small bonus. Should be a bit bigger, since most builds won't even allow you to slot more than 1 WE ability. Also, maybe move Northern Storm's magicka bonus to this ability.

Fungal Growth - telegraph is small. Also, heal sometimes doesn't affect people when they stand on uneven ground.
    Healing Seed - turn this into AOE heal over time spell. As it is now, this skill is too clunky. Well, most of warden's skills are clunky, but you get the point.
    Lotus Flower - needs some work. Make it heal on medium attacks. Set the same value as light attacks. Or something else.
    Nature's Grasp and its morphs - this skill is in dire need of redesign. It's fun as hell, but not really useful in trial environment.

Emerald Moss is meh. Maturation is useless in trial environment. Warhorn provides the same buff with nearly the same uptime. Nature's Gift is passable.

Warden still needs some work. A lot, actually. Damage in PvE is way too low. Provides very little support - templar healer will be a lot more efficient and preferable in all situations. Warden needs some way to restore resources to allies without relying on Mystic Orbs.
    Warden is still clunky, weak and doesn't provide anything good for the group. Also, it's not free, unlike other 4 classes.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd suggest increasing damage to frost based ground AoE. That way the whole frost Mage theme a lot of people want to play would come true and it wouldn't buff magWarddn through the roof in PvP. I think this hasn't happened yet because ZOS somehow is fixed on ice = tanking now...
    Edited by Feanor on September 21, 2017 10:10AM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »

Yes, please make the birds dodgeable

Until Miats is gone, I cant condone making it dodgeable, it would smash yet another ranged build because of spoon feeding.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Healing thicket is way too spammable at 70 ult cost, for what it does.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Healing thicket is way too spammable at 70 ult cost, for what it does.

If they were to make it higher, we would need some sort of buff while using it, just like the other healing ultimates have. As stands it is simply a heal and really nothing more.
  • Cage_Lizardman
    Cage_Lizardman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »

Screaming Cliffracer:

That healing passive should just be gone. Even with lotus and the passive I still have to slot vigor/mushrooms when soloing normal dungeons. I dont have to on sorc with surge. You could remove it and nobody would probably notice. Plus it is damage tree ffs. For a class that is supposed to be split perfectly tank/healing/dps 1:1:1 i feel more like its 0.8:1.7:0.5

I was seriously disappointed at the wardens self-healing as well (for PVE purposes I should add). You could double the health from that passive and lotus, and it still would not be overpowered since it takes a lot of effort and resources to maintain, especially compared to surge. Even nightblades are getting better self-healing this patch...

>Frozen Gate: This ability and its morphs now allow you to have up to 3 gates active at a time, up from 1. Its initial spawning visual effects are now visible to enemies.

This sounds really good, but it's going to be expensive casting it that much, and half the time I use this skill it doesn't seem to work? The circle gets placed on the ground but they don't get teleported.
    Edited by Cage_Lizardman on September 21, 2017 2:35PM
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »

Screaming Cliffracer:

>Frozen Gate: This ability and its morphs now allow you to have up to 3 gates active at a time, up from 1. Its initial spawning visual effects are now visible to enemies.

half the time I use this skill it doesn't seem to work? The circle gets placed on the ground but they don't get teleported.
    This is because the actual hitbox of the skill is really small for enemies. Like you got to be exactly on the center to proc it or won't work.
    Edited by SanTii.92 on September 21, 2017 2:55PM
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice if they made Arctic Wind not get halved due to Cyrodiil buff... 10% health based heal that gets further cut down by 50%.... so if you were to make a 70k health build, that would give you a whopping 3.5k heal.. and since you won't have much magicka in such a build, you'd be able to cast it once since it costs 4k magicka :pensive:

Or give the skill some additional / other benefit so that it would at least do something in Cyrodiil... ie chill enemies that hit you when the spell is up.