Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Congrats Inklings on Sharpened vMA Inferno Staff

tinythinker
tinythinker
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
inklings%2Bgets%2Bsharpended%2Binferno%2B9-14-17%2Bcropped.png
After 324 other vMA weapons.

#fufinn
#tyfinn
Edited by tinythinker on September 15, 2017 1:08AM
Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
(And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yay more decon material! get that mastic
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice
  • Sylphex
    Sylphex
    ✭✭
    The joke's on you. Sharpened ain't bis in trial :wink:
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SoLooney wrote: »

Nah, change it to a better trait in a month.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gratz ... though the timing isn't the best.

Sharp isn't the best in all content after the HoTR patch ... and the new transmute system is the looming elephant in the room for the next couple of months.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharpened is still great, if we could give the staff to someone, im sure many players would be asking for it ^^
  • Krayzie
    Krayzie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SHarpened is amazing unless you like having less penetration?

Anyone who says sharp is trash has jumped on the scrub hear-say bandwagon and/or jealous of your amazing VMA staff that I have 5 of.
    I'm a PVE roleplayer concerned about my vampires stage 4 skin tone and keep getting load screens so I came here to distract people from major issues with a rant thread about my characters cosmetic appearance.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be clear:

1. I am not Ink.

2. Ink has been trying to get that particular staff forever (over 500 runs).

3. The victory was in getting it, not whether it's BIS.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations. We also see you steal tomatoes.
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • Sylphex
    Sylphex
    ✭✭
    To be clear:

1. I am not Ink.

Then well done to him. It took me about 100 tries.
    Krayzie wrote: »

Anyone who says sharp is trash has jumped on the scrub hear-say bandwagon and/or jealous of your amazing VMA staff that I have 5 of.

Sharpened is likely bis for solo content still, that's about it. Otherwise your penetration should look like this in a raid:

18.2k mob resistances
    -100 base penetration
    -5280 from major breach
    -4884 from light armor
    -3010 from alkosh
    -2108 from infused crushing glyph

= 2818 left

Then you have the option of

-1325 from minor breach (Templars or poisons)
    -xxx from Erosion
    -4196 from a fully divine Lover mundus

You'll be hitting penetration cap pretty easily and a lot of the time, which will allow you to run something that is actually performing very well this patch which is Infused.

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was my third drop lol.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    RANKK7 wrote: »
    Congratulations. We also see you steal tomatoes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYqG7Px9Cmc
    Edited by Cpt_Teemo on September 15, 2017 3:08AM
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People are misinformed over everyone saying Sharpened sucks, yes it's no last patch but I tested and if solo, sharpened still beats nirn and precise.
    Infused is debatable as that buffs your front bar so it depends how long you on back bar VMA.
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got a sharpened lightning staff last night and I'm soooo salty about it.
    All I want is a bow. I don't care which trait.

Just.
    One.
    Bow.

I have every other weapon. I have infused, precise and sharpened lightning. No Bows. None.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »

Just.
    One.
    Bow.

I have every other weapon. I have infused, precise and sharpened lightning. No Bows. None.

I have 7 bows from like only 50 runs, 3 sharpened and an infused included.

To be clear:

1. I am not Ink.

Not sure how this counts as a victory, no more then rolling a 5 with d20 is a victory. So much RNG. Best I have got from the vMA is a nirn fire staff.
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got that staff a year ago, was the only weapon I didn't have. Have not done a vma clear since, literally.
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup I was there, witnessed the joy. :joy:
    Pc na
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    inklings%2Bgets%2Bsharpended%2Binferno%2B9-14-17%2Bcropped.png
    After 324 other vMA weapons.

#fufinn
    #tyfinn

I gave up VMA long ago, u had every weapon with sharpen trait except Lighting Staff.

I am happy about sharpen nerf and trait change. This makes my grind end. If nee patch brings VMA weapons with different enchantment then i have to again reafy for some grind!
  • MakoFore
    MakoFore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    see heres the contradiction i see coming- farming for BIS weapons in BIS traits was horrible- but at the same time- when you got one- probably one of the best feelings in the game- a satisfying and gratifying feeling. not unlike gambling or playing the pokie machines to be honest. u lose more than u make- but when u do get something- theres a rush.

now with the transmute system- imagine that euphoria that ur feeling right now- good enough to log on and post it on a forum- now u get a *** decisive staff on ur first run- and jsut say "oh well ill change it to BIS right away". job done.

i was never a fan of farming- but the problem was the RNG odds- not having RNG itself. i wanted a better chance of a drop-
    not to elimiate drops altogether- and i think- subconciously- the playuer base does too. RNG is gambling, gambling is addictive and addiction is *** fun- now ur getting rid of it? not sure i like it.

i think the thing is- once we let this genie out of the bottle- no putting it back in - and it may be hurt the game more than ZOS know.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylphex wrote: »
    The joke's on you. Sharpened ain't bis in trial :wink:

Not in pvp either, nirn is BIS there.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MakoFore wrote: »
    see heres the contradiction i see coming- farming for BIS weapons in BIS traits was horrible- but at the same time- when you got one- probably one of the best feelings in the game- a satisfying and gratifying feeling. not unlike gambling or playing the pokie machines to be honest. u lose more than u make- but when u do get something- theres a rush.

now with the transmute system- imagine that euphoria that ur feeling right now- good enough to log on and post it on a forum- now u get a *** decisive staff on ur first run- and jsut say "oh well ill change it to BIS right away". job done.

i was never a fan of farming- but the problem was the RNG odds- not having RNG itself. i wanted a better chance of a drop-
    not to elimiate drops altogether- and i think- subconciously- the playuer base does too. RNG is gambling, gambling is addictive and addiction is *** fun- now ur getting rid of it? not sure i like it.

i think the thing is- once we let this genie out of the bottle- no putting it back in - and it may be hurt the game more than ZOS know.

I have never got this feeling, gambling is a waste of money and time to me. I have, however experienced the frustration of repeated failure, time after time. I stopped running vMA after I realized that my girlfriends birth control had a higher failure rate, 1%, then the chance I get the exact weapon I wanted and I trust that enough to not have a kid. So I am ecstatic that I will be able to turn the defending fire and lightning staff that I already have, into something usable.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on September 15, 2017 8:59AM
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol, those who are saying sharpened is still good, maybe if you play all by yourself or still holding onto the meta from last patch.

if youre talking end game, sharpened weapons arent gonna do you much good if your group is optimized as you get more out of weapon traits such as infused and nirnhoned.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol, those who are saying sharpened is still good, maybe if you play all by yourself or still holding onto the meta from last patch.

if youre talking end game, sharpened weapons arent gonna do you much good if your group is optimized as you get more out of weapon traits such as infused and nirnhoned.

Lol at you think your group is one of those that can keep all the required buffs and debuffs up 100%>

And the difference between sharpened and infused at worse is 2.5%>
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/359916/mundus-trait-and-cp-optimisation-for-pve-damage-dealers/p1, probably closer since that thread, precise did not get a buff.
  • theamazingx
    theamazingx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sylphex wrote: »
    To be clear:

1. I am not Ink.

Then well done to him. It took me about 100 tries.
    Krayzie wrote: »

Sharpened is likely bis for solo content still, that's about it. Otherwise your penetration should look like this in a raid:

18.2k mob resistances
    -100 base penetration
    -5280 from major breach
    -4884 from light armor
    -3010 from alkosh
    -2108 from infused crushing glyph

= 2818 left

Then you have the option of

-1325 from minor breach (Templars or poisons)
    -xxx from Erosion
    -4196 from a fully divine Lover mundus

You'll be hitting penetration cap pretty easily and a lot of the time, which will allow you to run something that is actually performing very well this patch which is Infused.

Wtb 100% alkosh/crusher uptime
  • stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gratz ... though the timing isn't the best.

Sharp isn't the best in all content after the HoTR patch ... and the new transmute system is the looming elephant in the room for the next couple of months.

not only that...but vMA weapons themselves might become obsolete with the new weapon coming to a "mini-trial" near you soon :)
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got 2 of them after about 40 runs and 10 rewards. Both from rewards in a row...

Funny thing is that I have barely used it as I play only PvP and do vma when I feel like it.

Nevertheless, gratz :smile:
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Nah, change it to a better trait in a month.

If you were going to change trait on a vMA weapon it'd make more sense to do it on one you got from the leaderboard.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• tommalmm
    tommalmm
    ✭✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »

Just.
    One.
    Bow.

Haha, I feel you. I've got lightning staff in all decent traits (sharpened, infused, nirhoned, precised, hell I kept even decisive), got sharpened and infused inferno, few resto staves, got pretty much every 2h and 1h (most of them like 7 or 8 times XD). NOT A SINGLE BOW. Not even defending or something :D.
  • Moltyr
    Moltyr
    ✭✭✭
    RIP...now that sharpened is less desirable you finally get it x.x

I cannot tell you how many infused VMA, IA, Moondancer..etc weapons I have decon'd thinking "nah I'll never need that."