The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Would you swap real life for a life in Tamriel as your toon etc

• Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I'd be straight off.
    I'm not sure if anyone has pointed this out: But this is everyday life for some people. "Daedra" popping up and trying to kill you is no different than the life off an Army grunt or inner city cop who deals with thugs on a daily basis. (Some of us even hold those positions IRL)

Leveling up in skills is no different than figuring out how to fix that #$%& dishwasher that keeps getting backed up even though I KNOW I checked on the drainage line twice yesterday... Sorry. Rant.

But, ultimately, I would only go to Tamriel if I could bring my wife with me. She's my ride-or-die Dunmer. ;)
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Basically comes down to a choice between Oblivion according to Todd Howard versus Oblivion according to Socrates.
    I think I'll have to pass.
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
  • Eiagra
    Eiagra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely. My main, an Orc Templar, is as close to my persona as I can get, and I'd be very content inhabiting that in actuality.

If we'd have the skills available to our characters, it would make life easier, since I would have the ability to heal. Even if they were available, but had to be learned and worked up from 0 skill, it would be a worthwhile endeavor. There would be a period of adjustment, sure, but I imagine Tamriel in its actuality would be more fleshed out than we see in game. Everyday people find ways to survive, I imagine I could find a way as well.

And honestly, it would be worth it just to travel and learn about the cultures of each of the various races of Tamriel. One of the things I enjoyed about the game was how much I learned doing various quests. Surely there's more to learn just by talking to live people rather than scripted entities.

Also, I'd be an orc. Can't do better than that, in my mind.
          In verity.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Khajiit Wife

More seriously, people will assume you want to live the life of a juggernaut, fighting baddies and saving the day with swords and axes jangling off your hip. But why not the simple life of just living? If I had to choose a Class I'd be a Sorcerer cause of that sweet Magical Ability, but as a profession I'd be another normal joe, keeping his Magical affinity to himself, using it to help ease the day to day chores like cooking food, or even Hunting. Why learn how to use a weapon when you can just Hunt from range with Lightning strikes?

It would be Heaven. Appear in a small town in Elsweyr, have the Clan take pity on this wayward Human. Establish a place with the Clan, woo a local and settle down in peaceful exotic simplicity with fluffy cuddles every night.

....Unless Bandits or anyone else decides to Raid the place and kill everyone. Cause, y'know, that happens.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    If I head no strings tied to ppl in the real world, the one character I'd like to go in as my bosmer Nightblade.... female.

Close second is my imperial DK who is a guy but is stuck with the name - Scrub Slayer.
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    • Khajiit Wife

More seriously, people will assume you want to live the life of a juggernaut, fighting baddies and saving the day with swords and axes jangling off your hip. But why not the simple life of just living? If I had to choose a Class I'd be a Sorcerer cause of that sweet Magical Ability, but as a profession I'd be another normal joe, keeping his Magical affinity to himself, using it to help ease the day to day chores like cooking food, or even Hunting. Why learn how to use a weapon when you can just Hunt from range with Lightning strikes?

It would be Heaven. Appear in a small town in Elsweyr, have the Clan take pity on this wayward Human. Establish a place with the Clan, woo a local and settle down in peaceful exotic simplicity with fluffy cuddles every night.

....Unless Bandits or anyone else decides to Raid the place and kill everyone. Cause, y'know, that happens.

But wouldn't you feel guilty about killing animals with magic just cos you can.

If you were there, they would be living and breathing creatures and you come along using magic to slaughter them, not a pretty sight.
    Edited by Wrecking_Blow_Spam on September 14, 2017 6:40AM
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Here's my top five Nopes:

5. Crazed racists without magic are bad enough. Tamriel is no less politically toxic than the world I already survive in, but there, the scariest bigots can do things like raise undead or just straight-up mass murder without too much in the way of repercussions.
    4. The Daedric Princes are terrifying, even the so-called "good" ones. The living gods are not much better, and the Aedra are straight-up confusing. I like most real world pantheons better.
    3. Guards are often rude and aggressive whether you do anything to warrant it or not. Oh wait...well, on to the next one.
    2. Legal assassination, which means to me that all you have to do is annoy someone with power and influence and...well, okay, that's not too different from real life either, but at least it's less blatant in the real world.

And my number one reason for saying NOPE to living in Tamriel for reals...

1. GIANT SPIDERS. NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPERS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOEY NONO.
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
    I used to in the beginning but with all the current problems they don't/cannot/will not fix, hell no! Don't like to think I can get stuck in a 'unusual long loading screen' in reel life :D
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    No because my loved ones and life are awesome.

Also, Tamriel is basically as technologically advanced as our world's medieval age. I like all our modern day technologies and conveniences like indoor plumbing, electricity, medicine, etc.

The inhabitants of Tamriel would probably think we were all gods or wizards.
  • Huyen
    Huyen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akatosh? Where? I want to go there right now!
    Huyen Shadowpaw, dedicated nightblade tank - PS4 (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, nightblade dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Lightpaw, templar healer - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, necromancer dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, dragonknight (no defined role yet)

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely" - Uncle Iroh
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Have you ever spent time in a war zone?
    PC EU
  • CrisXD
    CrisXD
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah why not! My life isn't all that interesting as it is and my toons have loads more money than I do irl...maybe I'll try a bit of skooma while im there too
    Edited by CrisXD on September 14, 2017 7:39AM
    PS4 EU
    Tamriel Dance Masters:
    AD - Altmer MagSorc, Altmer Magplar, Redguard StamBlade(PVP)
    EP - Nord Tank, Altmer MagSorc(PVP), Dunmer MagBlade(PVP)
    DC - Redguard StamWarden, Breton MagDK

GM - The Taverneers PS4 EU

Feeling Fresh Traders PS4 EU
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is a lot closer than I was expecting.

Surprisingly I haven't seen anyone wanting the chance to be a vampire or WW.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • VampiricByNature
    VampiricByNature
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Go in first person. View your characters fingernails.

Even a lady warrior deserves a manicure. I will be fine in the real world.
  • Yarlenzey
    Yarlenzey
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd get to run around all day stealing flowers and not go to work.

What? That may not be YOUR ideal fantasy, but I quite like the idea... and I get to make my own clothes!!!!
    No more "slim fit" shirts for me!!

Redguard - I've always played redguard to get the extra large pockets. Oh wait; that was different fantasy.
    I got suspenders for saying "Testicular Mass" instead of "Balls". like, rilly.

• Arbit
    Arbit
    ✭✭✭✭
    definitely ^^ land of magic and adventure? of course!
    Argonian Master Race
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No...
    NO.
    HELL NO!

Why?
    • NO SEX.
    • NO INDOOR PLUMBING.
    • NO ELECTRICITY.

Need I say more?

I am pretty sure the OP was talking about tamrielic lore, in which case, there is a TON of sex, there is indoor plumbing, and who needs electricity when you have magical stones shining the way?
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh wait, without rules, you could just be bopping along outside grahtwood and a bunch of DC will stampede you to death.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Slick_007 wrote: »
    oh wait, without rules, you could just be bopping along outside grahtwood and a bunch of DC will stampede you to death.

We bosmer can hide pretty well, and hide pretty high up. =P
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragons may come back.
    TO TAMRIEL!
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I allowed to use CE? ;)
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit she is slightly confused by the question yes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No.
    One way ... No

However if it was a 'Tron' type arrangement where I could get back out again then I would definitley go spend a year living that life for the experience :)

I'd go spend some time with the Telvanni... If sun-in-shadow taught us anything its that career progression to a point is always possible there starting from nothing ;)
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a lot closer than I was expecting.

Surprisingly I haven't seen anyone wanting the chance to be a vampire or WW.

im already a vampire IRL why would moving to tamriel change that? >:)
  • lelink88
    lelink88
    ✭✭✭
    Only if it's real World of NIM with full scale, not small version like what we got in ESO. So I have a nice house, 2 epic horse , 2 full gear character and gold. And Nim seem not dangerous, I think it's not bad
  • Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    After 10 minutes in Tamriel, I'd be found dead at Rayles mine.
    PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.
  • EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no weapon dyes in Tamriel, so no, I would not.
  • Darkhorse1975
    Darkhorse1975
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    If they added a tator tots recipe to the game and tomatoes dont go back to being super expensive, I might go for it
    Edited by Darkhorse1975 on September 14, 2017 4:15PM
    Master Craftsman!
  • iiYuki
    iiYuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not as my character no, too badass if I inherited their power it would be better I would maybe prefer it as a villager though in somewhere nice like around Auridon.
    "Play how you want... unless its not how we intended you to play in which case we'll nerf it".
    - ZO$

- The ZO$ Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmUJWP_ebsQ
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No.
    I like proper sanitation and not dying, and I don't have the constitution to actually kill people, so the real answer is no.

But if I did, I'd be a Breton magicka nightblade, so I could sneak around whenever anything wanted to kill me. And I have a good singing voice, so I'd be a bard, with the plus that I'd be unkillable.

Actually that doesn't sound too bad. The hygiene though. Hmm.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA