SNOW ELVES in ESO...

Thealteregoroman
Thealteregoroman
✭✭✭✭✭
Would you start a new character as a snow elf? Should snow elves be added into ESO in the future?

Knight-Paladin Gelebor of Skyrim is an example of a snow elf...

tumblr_nmcqktdgcm1sfd7bho1_1280-8325.jpg?rect=544,76,400,400&q=98&fm=jpg&fit=max

What passives would you think they would have? Also, what if we get a new race next year instead of a new class?
****Master Healer...****
  • FluffyReachWitch
    FluffyReachWitch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish we could play Falmer. I'm working on a character right now who I'm basically pretending is one. An Altmer Warden with a focus on ice.

I'm thinking Falmer would have increased frost damage and frost resistance. If we take the legends regarding Auri-El into account (due to its significance in Skyrim) they might have Bow or 1-Hand and Shield leveling passives. Stamina would compliment those, but magicka isn't unlikely either especially if they get some kind of Destruction bonus instead.

Edit: And I wouldn't rule out the possibility they're looking to introduce a new race. Theoretically, anyone could find a reason to join any alliance. Imperials already have none by default and can go where they please. Given that we got a new class this year despite people generally ruling out the idea for various reasons, I wouldn't be surprised if a new playable race were 2018 chapter content.
    Edited by FluffyReachWitch on August 26, 2017 9:27PM
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snow elves do not exist in ESO. Any that may still exist are in exile outside of Nirn. Snow elves and the regressed Falmer have not been playable in any TES games to the best of my limited knowledge. It is highly doubtful they will become so in ESO.
    Options
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. They are too rare to become a playable race.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
    Options
  • FluffyReachWitch
    FluffyReachWitch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snow elves do not exist in ESO. Any that may still exist are in exile outside of Nirn. Snow elves and the regressed Falmer have not been playable in any TES games to the best of my limited knowledge. It is highly doubtful they will become so in ESO.

ESO takes place 1,000 years before Skyrim, in which Gelebor notes that other Falmer might still be hiding out in the world.

But, it would be a little odd if a bunch of elves presumed gone were suddenly running around Skyrim and then nobody remarked on this later. The Nords would die of fright and then demand to 1v1 them. In that order.
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ESO takes place 1,000 years before Skyrim, in which Gelebor notes that other Falmer might still be hiding out in the world.

But, it would be a little odd if a bunch of elves presumed gone were suddenly running around Skyrim and then nobody remarked on this later. The Nords would die of fright and then demand to 1v1 them. In that order.

But even with the 1000 year difference, the falmer went blind and mad when the Dwemer allowed them into their ground dwellings.

So even though they exist, they're more like animals than elves
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Atmorans killed most of the Snow Elves. Survivors fled to Dwemers which turned them into feral slaves. Gelebor and this other one are propably last ones. There's no place for players playing them so just stop, ok?
    Edited by Shardan4968 on August 26, 2017 9:40PM
    PC/EU
    Options
  • FluffyReachWitch
    FluffyReachWitch
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But even with the 1000 year difference, the falmer went blind and mad when the Dwemer allowed them into their ground dwellings.

So even though they exist, they're more like animals than elves

That bit was long before ESO and still doesn't rule out the possibility that other Falmer went into hiding away from both the Nords and Dwemer, as Gelebor tells you in TESV. The Chantry of Auri-El seen in TESV was explained to have been exactly that kind of refuge until it was discovered by other Falmer who had been driven mad (disconnected from the Earthbones according to a translation).
    Options
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    IF we were to get a new race, and for now that's a big if, it'd most likely be Maormer or Reachmen. The two are already in the game, with character models and while the Maormer's racial motif is mostly a sleeveless version of Ancient Elf, the Reachmen would be given a new one (or make Barbaric into theirs). Races like "Snow Elf" and "Dwemer" have been MIA since the 1st Era and before, so lore-wise, it wouldn't make much sense. (Also, Maormer is more likely than Reachmen, as Reachmen would just be a stam version of Breton)
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
    Options
  • JarlUlfric
    JarlUlfric
    ✭✭✭✭
    @SilverIce58 Reachmen aren't a separate race. They are Bretons. They're akin to the Skaal, a different group of Nords that seclude themselves, yet they are still nords.
    True High King
    Member since August 2013.
    Eastmarch Trade Company | Washed Up Raiders | Order of the Bear (RIP 4.17.2015 - 5.31.2019)
    EP | Björn Járnsída | Dragonknight Tank
    EP | First-Rank Ansei | Stamina Nightblade
    EP | Advancing Yokeda | Stamina Sorceror
    EP | Immortal Yokeda | Stamina Necromancer
    EP | Resilient Yokeda | Stamina Dragonknight
    EP | Talvos Sari | Magicka Sorcerer
    Options
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just leave rare and mysterious things as they are. This isnt Skyrim with absurd modes.
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW that pic is amazing
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • FluffyReachWitch
    FluffyReachWitch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IF we were to get a new race, and for now that's a big if, it'd most likely be Maormer or Reachmen. The two are already in the game, with character models and while the Maormer's racial motif is mostly a sleeveless version of Ancient Elf, the Reachmen would be given a new one (or make Barbaric into theirs). Races like "Snow Elf" and "Dwemer" have been MIA since the 1st Era and before, so lore-wise, it wouldn't make much sense. (Also, Maormer is more likely than Reachmen, as Reachmen would just be a stam version of Breton)

Agreed. As fun as Falmer would be, Maormer are way more likely to show up as new playable elves. Any surviving Falmer are probably keeping well out of things.

Barbaric is a likely style material for Reachmen if they were ever split off from Bretons for the purpose of character creation, but it's a little rare. I imagine they'd make it more common or introduce something new and common.
    Options
  • Thealteregoroman
    Thealteregoroman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Atmorans killed most of the Snow Elves. Survivors fled to Dwemers which turned them into feral slaves. Gelebor and this other one are propably last ones. There's no place for players playing them so just stop, ok?

...when someone comes onto my post and tells me to stop doing something like they own me.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
    ****Master Healer...****
    Options
  • Thealteregoroman
    Thealteregoroman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

...when someone comes onto my post and tells me to stop doing something like they own me.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

WE here.
    ****Master Healer...****
    Options
  • FluffyReachWitch
    FluffyReachWitch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing wrong with a little "what if". It's not as if this is going to somehow make the devs add them.

On the subject of speculation and passives, let's look at some of the gods the Falmer that are stated to have worshiped besides Auri-El: Y'ffre, Magnus whoops meant Syrabane (but Magnus is likely too), Phynaster, and Trinimac confirmed by TESV. If we add Y'ffre bonuses along with Frost passives, we're looking at an amazing candidate for the Warden class. If they have more of a Phynaster or Trinimac inspiration, they might get health bonuses.
    Edited by FluffyReachWitch on August 27, 2017 5:27PM
    Options
  • Dysprosium
    Dysprosium
    ✭✭✭
    I think we should get the Maomer/sea elves. They are already in the game as enemies so why not as a playable race? Perhaps they want to take over Tamriel along with the Daedra and some other fun playable races not of Tamriel?
    Options
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most people don't know it, but there is a Falmer/Snow Elf ruin is ESO's Riften inside Fort Greenwall.
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
    Options
  • FluffyReachWitch
    FluffyReachWitch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not only do we have Fort Greenwall's Falmeri ruins, we also have a loading screen in Eastmarch referring to a cultivar of cold-resistant snow cedars grown by the Falmer.

Who knows? Even if we never get to play as Falmer, we might someday be given a DLC that expands more on their history. That would be pretty neat.
    Options
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not only do we have Fort Greenwall's Falmeri ruins, we also have a loading screen in Eastmarch referring to a cultivar of cold-resistant snow cedars grown by the Falmer.

Who knows? Even if we never get to play as Falmer, we might someday be given a DLC that expands more on their history. That would be pretty neat.
    Gelebor does mention that many other people entered the Chantry of Auri-El before the Last Dragonborn, so lore-wise it is possible for ZOS to add the place as a dungeon or something. I don't think it is known when Vyrthur killed every Snow Elf inside the chantry, so it is possible that the other Snow Elves we see as ghosts in Skyrim are still alive in the second era.
    Edited by tplink3r1 on August 26, 2017 10:27PM
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
    Options
  • crjs1
    crjs1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As much as I LOVE the snow elves and Falmer I think it would be utterly lore breaking if snow elves made an appearance as a playable race, we know they are just far far far to rare.
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would you start a new character as a snow elf? Should snow elves be added into ESO in the future?

Knight-Paladin Gelebor of Skyrim is an example of a snow elf...

tumblr_nmcqktdgcm1sfd7bho1_1280-8325.jpg?rect=544,76,400,400&q=98&fm=jpg&fit=max

What passives would you think they would have? Also, what if we get a new race next year instead of a new class?

Minor error there: Gelebor is the ONLY living example of that race.
    Options
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JarlUlfric wrote: »
    @SilverIce58 Reachmen aren't a separate race. They are Bretons. They're akin to the Skaal, a different group of Nords that seclude themselves, yet they are still nords.

Actually, as it states here: http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Reachmen "Their ancestry is not solely Breton, but spreads across many of the known races of Tamriel. Although they share descent, Bretons do not consider themselves kin to the Reachmen, and the Reachmen do not see themselves as Bretons." So they are some Breton, but not only Breton.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Options
  • Blacksmoke
    Blacksmoke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL that would shatter the entire lore of TES even zos isnt that stupid
    Champion point: 645
    Characters
    Ganlian Stormian - AD - Dungeon healer - Templar - Crafter
    Ondaril Stormian - AD - Trail DPS - Sorcerer
    Shagrod gro-Bolmog - AD - PVP - Dragonknight
    Options
  • Dracofyre
    Dracofyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    perfect guy for voicing, Christopher Walken.

we may see falmir sometime later or soon when they "announced" Blackreach, the underground exploring zone with dungeons. it going to be long wait.
    Edited by Dracofyre on August 27, 2017 2:19AM
    Options
  • Sixsixsix161
    Sixsixsix161
    ✭✭✭
    Gelebor is the only snow elf left alive.

There were two, but at the end of a quest, you kill the other one.

Options
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I wish there could be a sad react to that. Auri-El would've wanted you to save him.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Technically, his brother hasn't been killed yet, at the time of ESO. But, he's also undead, so, not "alive."
    Options
  • SFDB
    SFDB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1480556994333.png
    Increased research speed (from experience in woodworking)
    Increased stamina (works day and night) and magicka (fills one bag with billions of toys)
    Increased frost resistance and decreases damage taken (cold weather conditioning)
    Mounts can fly
    Options
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish we could play Falmer.

as long as we can cut your ears off. for alchemy of course. not for fun. though it likely would be both.
    Options
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Technically, his brother hasn't been killed yet, at the time of ESO. But, he's also undead, so, not "alive."
    The other paladins/priests we see as ghosts could also be alive at this time, because it is not stated in Skyrim when Vyrthur killed them.
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
    Options
This discussion has been closed.