The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PC/EU pvp community needs to chill

Araviel2
Araviel2
✭✭✭
There is to much Drama and its starting to become pretty toxic... :/
take it from an old fart, life is too short for drama on the interwebs.
Edited by Araviel2 on August 19, 2017 7:04PM
Araviel -Professional Zerg surfing mutagen spammer [DC-EU]
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im missing the context
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • Araviel2
    Araviel2
    ✭✭✭
    Iyas wrote: »
    Im missing the context

there is some nasty stuff going on that i don't even want to talk about.
    some people are really mean to each other, they need to cut that *** out.
  • Araviel2
    Araviel2
    ✭✭✭
    but also generally - there is to much hate floating around.
    everyone is hating on everyone. and im *** sick of it. we are playing a game ffs, and that is what we are supposed to enjoy. things are seriously F up'd when people enjoy causing drama more than playing the game.
  • Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
    Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is the way of the world... most people enjoy insulting and hating on others as long as they can get away with it...
  • Araviel2
    Araviel2
    ✭✭✭
    This is the way of the world... most people enjoy insulting and hating on others as long as they can get away with it...

no its not, only immature people does that.
    secondly i have been here from the start, and it has not always been like this.
    this community has changed for the worse.

maybe its because people got so bored of the game that they need to find their enjoyment in other ways.
    but if that´s the case i would like to say to those people - get some *** guts and leave. find some other game that you actually enjoy. its better for you and for everyone else.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haters gonna hate. Thats what it boils down to.

Tbh these players know who they are and "we" know who they are. I just do a little extra to avoid them and their shenanigans, some people just take the game too seriously and thats rly just sad come to think about it.
    As soon as you find more ppl like this, just give them a spot on your ignore list and be done with it, best advice I have.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems to be a gaming thing in general

And a mmo crowd thing

And an interweb thing

Combined is a triple decker..
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Haters gonna hate. Thats what it boils down to.

Tbh these players know who they are and "we" know who they are. I just do a little extra to avoid them and their shenanigans, some people just take the game too seriously and thats rly just sad come to think about it.
    As soon as you find more ppl like this, just give them a spot on your ignore list and be done with it, best advice I have.

^

They basically stop existing, and our lives become much more pleasant. Lol
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Araviel2
    Araviel2
    ✭✭✭
    Haters gonna hate.
    just give them a spot on your ignore list and be done with it, best advice I have.

that would work fine if it was just me and them in the game i guess, but i am a rather empathetic guy and i get affected when others gets hurt too.
    Beardimus wrote: »

And a mmo crowd thing

And an interweb thing

i have been a gamer since the 90's, and a mmo player since 1998.
    and i spent 11 years in Eve-online, notorious for its drama.
    but still i have never experienced this amount of hate within gaming and mmo's before.
    sure i have seen some bad cases before with RL threats and such , but those people used to get banned rather quickly.
    now i almost see stuff like that on a day to day basis, and it all just seem so normalized.
    wtf happened ??

Edited by Araviel2 on August 19, 2017 9:50PM
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, i think many people on this forums are not native english speakers. Their use of laguage is easily percepted "weird", "awkward" and in its worst case: "offending". Adding cultural differences as well as a lack of goodwill and many posts may be judge more offending then intended.
    Edited by Elsterchen on August 19, 2017 9:51PM
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not seen any of this.

Wait! Is it me! :fearful:
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Araviel2 wrote: »
    Haters gonna hate.
    just give them a spot on your ignore list and be done with it, best advice I have.

that would work fine if it was just me and them in the game i guess, but i am a rather empathetic guy and i get affected when others gets hurt too.
    Beardimus wrote: »

And a mmo crowd thing

And an interweb thing

i have been a gamer since the 90's, and a mmo player since 1998.
    and i spent 11 years in Eve-online, notorious for its drama.
    but still i have never experienced this amount of hate within gaming and mmo's before.
    sure i have seen some bad cases before with RL threats and such , but those people used to get banned rather quickly.
    now i almost see stuff like that on a day to day basis, and it all just seem so normalized.
    wtf happened ??

In my experience with PC/NA, the worst of it has often come down to a handful of particularly toxic individuals more than a general trend through the community.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The toxicity is part of the PVP experience.

I thrive on the vitriol, angst, dislike, tears and anger. It's a competitive E sport with anon people.

Its like this in almost every MMO to varying degree's. ZOS has pretty much let the players have free reign out there in zone chat, Im okay with that. Use ignore if you dont like it.

Im not saying your wrong OP, some of the poop I have seen has been dam nasty but I'd rather have a few people running their mouths then have it moderated.

• Araviel2
    Araviel2
    ✭✭✭
    Malic wrote: »
    The toxicity is part of the PVP experience.

I thrive on the vitriol, angst, dislike, tears and anger. It's a competitive E sport with anon people.

i think that is just as messed up as people going to football games just to start fist fights.

fred4 wrote: »
    Iyas wrote: »
    Im missing the context

there is some nasty stuff going on that i don't even want to talk about.
    some people are really mean to each other, they need to cut that *** out.

[snip]

[snip]

[Edited for real world politics]
    Edited by ZOS_Mika on August 22, 2017 1:17PM
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    everyone is hating on everyone. and im *** sick of it. we are playing a game ffs, and that is what we are supposed to enjoy. things are seriously F up'd when people enjoy causing drama more than playing the game.

But rather than just put all offender on BLOCK/IGNORE in your game, you come here and spread drama about drama in a passive aggressive way, and also completely vague!

I don't like a THING!
    What thing?
    I don't want to tell you the thing, I just want to complain about the thing, so more people want to know about the thing!

Bait title, vague info....Please take this stuff to Facebook where it belongs.
  • Dr_Rektar
    Dr_Rektar
    ✭✭✭
    drama? toxic? ep comunity on pc/eu is just awesome, ad looks like either
    Engine guardian - best set ever
  • Araviel2
    Araviel2
    ✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »

But rather than just put all offender on BLOCK/IGNORE in your game, you come here and spread drama about drama in a passive aggressive way, and also completely vague!

I don't like a THING!
    What thing?
    I don't want to tell you the thing, I just want to complain about the thing, so more people want to know about the thing!

Bait title, vague info....Please take this stuff to Facebook where it belongs.

well what can i say, this was a drunken rant done during a Saturday evening . give me a bottle of whiskey and im not the brightest star in the universe.
    still i think this was an unusual valid rant for being me.

and if i should make this a little less vague, lets say i was not talking about the usual drama in zone chat. that stuff is all fine.
    the stuff i am reacting against is the systematical targeting of people by groups of players.
    there is some serious cyber bullying going with people trying to make others leave the game even involving real life threats, Dox'ing and hacking attempts.

that kind of stuff is not ok, and i think we need to cut back on the drama because its starting to go a little bit to far now.

• gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD community isn't toxic. Even with some issues among solos, small scale group, pugs and guilds, everyone help and work together on behalf of faction even AP farmers. Of course we cannot like zerglings that smash any sense of fairplay and equal conditions on gameplay. If you ever see a AD zerg on SS is just a reaction to other zergs. And don't blame actual AD from previous AD zergs. The player base is new, refreshed and still struggle against enemies that have 3 years of pvp game time.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gepe87 wrote: »
    AD community isn't toxic.

:joy::joy:
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD has Big Boss, can´t be angry with Big Boss around xD
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    AD has Big Boss, can´t be angry with Big Boss around xD

He´s in my top 3 of toxic individuals of esos pvp community.

100% successful at making the game less fun to play.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    4 different small guilds at DC have gone out of their way to bully me, 2 no longer exist and the other 2 don't really do anything except spam zone. I treat it as a compliment and just log to an alt at a different alliance to kill them after i am done with my business at DC.

Saying that it's not nice to be singled out and bullied when you are just looking to have fun, if you gonna rage, rage at everyone :expressionless:

EP community is nice, they can be rude but in a fun way. Only tried AD in kyne but they seem ok, if a bit dull. Most DC are nice mature people but a few *** in the soup.
  • TheZirex
    TheZirex
    ✭✭✭
    Kind of the reason why I play on NA :P @Araviel2
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

Explain me how AD is toxic, in SS? Are you there? If so you may realise that half of players are new ones (i dont use noob word, cause everyone passed through that) and the top players play on Vivec. We can even criticize other group actions, but the remaining experienced players try to guide them. I call it learn from mistakes not toxicity.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raviour wrote: »
    4 different small guilds at DC have gone out of their way to bully me, 2 no longer exist and the other 2 don't really do anything except spam zone. I treat it as a compliment and just log to an alt at a different alliance to kill them after i am done with my business at DC.

Saying that it's not nice to be singled out and bullied when you are just looking to have fun, if you gonna rage, rage at everyone :expressionless:

EP community is nice, they can be rude but in a fun way. Only tried AD in kyne but they seem ok, if a bit dull. Most DC are nice mature people but a few *** in the soup.

Gave you an agree.
    But if you want to tell stories tell the whole.

Dont leave out that you flamed us in zone first, and lied several times about us. I have Screenshots to prove it.

And dont forget to tell that you took it farther and joined my pve guild to start flaming there aswell. Even on TS with myself present you kept badmouthing me ^^

And you never kill us. Just the opposit
    Edited by laksikus on August 21, 2017 1:43PM
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly don't feel the community is as bad as people want it to be. Sure - you have some rotten apples who'll trashtalk you in zone-chat 24/7 and give you rl-death-threats.(I am apparently an old, creepy 3-eyed creature with black glasses, yo) :^

But that's just a few bad apples. In general I find the community to be okay. In terms of directly, publicially badmouthing anyway.

Tbagging however, that's where people really need to take a chill-pill. When I kill 2-3 people on my templar - "Oh, what are you using? How do you have that damage on a templar?"
    When I kill people on my Nightblade(He's called fluffy furball kitten): *** ON YOU TOO SALTY KITTY. *everyone tbags you*
    Go eat a pizza, [snip].

I got no clue why people tbag and hatewhisper more often when I'm on my nightblade - than when I'm on my templar. Guess the NB-hate is really huge, eh.

Although, the funniest thing I know is when I get a hatewhisper and I read/copy it into group-chat without giving the name, and my group members knows exactly who it is that sent the message.

It's funny. Hatewhispers are funny af.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

Explain me how AD is toxic, in SS? Are you there? If so you may realise that half of players are new ones (i dont use noob word, cause everyone passed through that) and the top players play on Vivec. We can even criticize other group actions, but the remaining experienced players try to guide them. I call it learn from mistakes not toxicity.

Dude, there's more campaigns than just Sotha Sil.

And calling the Vivec AD "top players" is like calling Sotha Sil EP top players
  • Omnipresent
    Omnipresent
    ✭✭

couldnt of said it better myself, alot of them act like its real war or somthing too lol like wtf... i just run solo bud and avoid all this BS
  • montjie
    montjie
    ✭✭✭
    Tbagging however, that's where people really need to take a chill-pill. When I kill 2-3 people on my templar - "Oh, what are you using? How do you have that damage on a templar?"
    When I kill people on my Nightblade(He's called fluffy furball kitten): *** ON YOU TOO SALTY KITTY. *everyone tbags you*
    Go eat a pizza, [snip].

I got no clue why people tbag and hatewhisper more often when I'm on my nightblade - than when I'm on my templar. Guess the NB-hate is really huge, eh.
    Tbag is just awesome man. IT....JUST....IS! Especially to those that take this game too seriously.
    When you stand over a dudes corpse for over 10 seconds, you dip down once and a split second later you get a message hahah. You just KNOW that dude was just waiting for you to drop low and had his message ready xD

As long as people keep treating Tbags as if their mother got slapped with a D and spat in the face you can count on this stamdk to keep on dropping it like its hot.
    - easy farmable saltbucket -
    - retired QQ king of Daggerfall Covenant PC-EU Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/weird dragon name/Ravenwatch zone chat -
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Im sorry but you cant end the toxicity by asking people to ''chill''. Reasonable people wouldn't ruin others gaming experience like this. We need active GMs who actually enforce the rules on those who consistently insult people.

Nowadays when I get a hateful pm I dont even bother reporting anymore. Its ironic how the only thing in ESO that deserves the M rating is the salty PMs in PVP.
    Edited by Ankael07 on August 22, 2017 4:58AM
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
This discussion has been closed.