The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Remember the glorious battles we used to have in the Imperial City...

chaserstorm16909
chaserstorm16909
✭✭✭✭✭
Prior to the implementation of the district capture system, you could enter the city and expect an epic battle at any time of the day. Usually the battles were fought in the Arena, Arboretum, or Memorial Districts. And the best part was there was far less lag than in Cyrodiil.
This was my favorite time in ESO's history. Is there anything we can do get those glory days back?
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do fondly remember the old days. And I hope they run the anniversary event again for that reason.

I don't know district capture ruined that, its just people have less reason.

Will power / ability / endurance jewellery getting given out for free for random dungeons is a big part of it.
    They should be BOP and only in Imp City.

How about they release gold versions, BOP, Tel car or fragments only. BOOM instant population.

Also make it part of the alliance war. Hide scrolls down there or something. Include it in the fight tacticalt
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • TheCaptainJosh
    TheCaptainJosh
    ✭✭✭
    Barring another IC event, probably not. TelVar is only useful for mats, and any PvP I can get in IC is available in Cyrodiil.
    AugustusGray
    PC NA
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Prior to the implementation of the district capture system, you could enter the city and expect an epic battle at any time of the day. Usually the battles were fought in the Arena, Arboretum, or Memorial Districts. And the best part was there was far less lag than in Cyrodiil.
    This was my favorite time in ESO's history. Is there anything we can do get those glory days back?
    Yassssss! The only time I ever loved PVPing the most!

I especially love to make the other guys agro the bosses too! Extra added lols!
  • chaserstorm16909
    chaserstorm16909
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barring another IC event, probably not. TelVar is only useful for mats, and any PvP I can get in IC is available in Cyrodiil.

It is available in Cyrodiil, but with almost unplayable lag at prime time.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj7-XvLYzy0

1:42, it's what i call an Epic fight.

Unfortunaly , even if their was " battle " in Imperial city ... this would be 2 zerg with destro ult spamming light attack like noob ... or little fight between 2/3 guys.
    Edited by Apherius on August 19, 2017 4:29PM
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hated IC on my Templar, but really liked it on my NB. I wonder why?
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the old days for you are battles in IC then you missed out on the days without lag, the real glory days.

Yes there was a time in eso where hundreds of people fought in one area without lag.
  • N0TPLAYER2
    N0TPLAYER2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going to arena, spawning on top of the door, and dropping down into the streets FILLED with people was awesome. You would die and respawn, dive back down, mount up, and be back in the fight in 15-20 seconds. Was glorious. Killed my first emp that way, and will never forget calling a friend who wasn't so good at pvp to get on and we had a blast fighting in the streets for hours with it being packed.

Good times. Good times :)
    Edited by N0TPLAYER2 on August 19, 2017 5:57PM
  • chaserstorm16909
    chaserstorm16909
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malic wrote: »
    If the old days for you are battles in IC then you missed out on the days without lag, the real glory days.

Yes there was a time in eso where hundreds of people fought in one area without lag.

What you speak of was the ancient glory days.
  • The_Duke
    The_Duke
    ✭✭✭✭
    This was my favorite time in eso. Hands down.
    The Duke

Stamplar

Guild leader of The Dukes. PS4
  • Vanzen
    Vanzen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best pvp ever in Arboretum !

I never understood why they didnt implement this simple incentive ...

Fight to get the kill on the bosses for great loot and AP.

This will have changed pvp for ever at no cost, instead of these boring flag fights.
    Edited by Vanzen on August 20, 2017 8:13AM
  • doslekis
    doslekis
    ✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

Also make it part of the alliance war. Hide scrolls down there or something. Include it in the fight tacticalt

I've always thought it would be awesome if you could use the sewers as a stealthy route to another alliance's zone.

For instance a ladder at the three ends of the sewers that brings you deep into enemy territory. Would make for some awesome sewer battles and would provide another layer of strategy to capping keeps and scrolls.

I don't normally use daggers, but when I do, I choose dos Lekis.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQFvwKUgtyk

Yes, I miss those days )':
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So sad I missed the IC launch. Had a chance to try it on PTS a few weeks before, but got busy with work and travel, didn't have time to play ESO again until about a year later when IC was not very populated.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to remove that " once you claim the flag, no one can rez in the area" crap.

The best fights were the awesome memorial district fights, everyone died and people complained because we wanted it to be super elitist in that you had to stay dead.

I miss those fast arcade fights; I'm sure the rest of the population does as well.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes the arboretum meat grinder in PC NA Haderus was amazing, so much fun.
    Duraeon / Maoh
    Former Emperor of Haderus, Trueflame, and Azura's Star
    PC/NA
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If I remember correctly most people at the time were complaining about being mowed down by 20 person zergs in the districts and sewers.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I remember correctly most people at the time were complaining about being mowed down by 20 person zergs in the districts and sewers.

And they still can. They need to bring back the instant respawn, otherwise why would I want to deal with 2 forced load screens on death where I be can be in cyro for no load screens (aside from random lag screens).

If I was a new player that can't play for a long time, I would never PvP in IC. Too much time is wasted killing mobs, sitting on a slow cap flag and being forced to wait in load screens in between fights. BGs are better if I'm with a premade group or in open cyro, both require one or no load screens.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    doslekis wrote: »

I've always thought it would be awesome if you could use the sewers as a stealthy route to another alliance's zone.

For instance a ladder at the three ends of the sewers that brings you deep into enemy territory. Would make for some awesome sewer battles and would provide another layer of strategy to capping keeps and scrolls.

This would actually be pretty cool. Brings you out between each home factions home keeps.

Farragut kc
    Black boot bloodmaybe
    Warden rayles

Or in the church by brindle
    The waterfall by drake Lowe
    Or the lake/mountain by Dc

In addition they should add capturable points (no guards) maybe a mini keep of sorts (think cheydinhal as a fortress with the only way in as siege)

That once captured buff your surrounding keeps or weaken enemy ones. Walls take more damage. Less guards. Flags flip faster. Siege costs more. Or buff your walls guards reduce siege cost.

People need a reason to use the unplayed portions of cyro and it may make sense to spread out and have a group lay siege to the mini keep while another lays siege to the main keeps so the enemies have to also spread out to accommodate for both.

• Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I miss arb fights
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was much more fun because a lot of the anti-solo player mechanics of PvP didn't exist yet.

The zergs didn't have such powerful tools and high tankiness. If you played skillfully, you could do amazing things by yourself in IC. Now it doesn't matter who the solo player is. As long as the group Xv1ing someone aren't the absolute worst players ever with very low CP, and they wear the right gear, RIP the solo player.

The game has changed. I miss when PvP was more than capturing resources and getting squashed like a fly by groups for a solo player. rip
    Edited by Vaoh on August 21, 2017 9:12PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ps4/na here...our battles mostly took place in the arena district...

biggest draw for myself was the fact that you could quickly and easily respawn right back on your platform over and over again...

I remember some days you could complete all five enemy player bounties in less than an hour...

when I first started fighting there I wasn't even a vet, but, the combat scaling helped a bunch...

playing DC I used to love taking a bow user and while standing on top of the cages (across from the daedric door/portal that used to endlessly spawn chests) sniping enemy players on the EP platform...

you could also get up high on the rocks next to the daedric door/portal and have a field day shooting folks...

as EP you could easily just sit up on the platform and farm tel var & AP all day...

playing AD was a little different cuz their platform was a little further away...learned a bunch about proxy det and VD as an AD player...

read somewhere above someone mention that the old IC is where they learned to fight...same here - after a few months in the arena district I had roll dodging, blocking and taunting players down to a science...
    Edited by geonsocal on August 21, 2017 9:46PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • chaserstorm16909
    chaserstorm16909
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

biggest draw for myself was the fact that you could quickly and easily respawn right back on your platform over and over again...

I remember some days you could complete all five enemy player bounties in less than an hour...

when I first started fighting there I wasn't even a vet, but, the combat scaling helped a bunch...

playing DC I used to love taking a bow user and while standing on top of the cages (across from the daedric door/portal that used to endlessly spawn chests) sniping enemy players on the EP platform...

you could also get up high on the rocks next to the daedric door/portal and have a field day shooting folks...

as EP you could easily just sit up on the platform and farm tel var & AP all day...

playing AD was a little different cuz their platform was a little further away...learned a bunch about proxy det and VD as an AD player...

read somewhere above someone mention that the old IC is where they learned to fight...same here - after a few months in the arena district I had roll dodging, blocking and taunting players down to a science...

These are my memories too. I was probably one of those people you were trying to snipe on the EP platform. I used to love it when DKs would try to jump on those rocks and use chains to pull me off the platform. I would always block it, and drop a meteor on their heads. There wasn't much place for them to go between the rocks.
    I also loved using cloak to sneak up to the DC platform and drop meteors on players trying to snipe my allies. With vicious death equipped I sometimes got 5 kills at once. Good times!
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A good comment that reminds us that we can have both fast gameplay and complex builds/mechanics without making it difficult for the new player.

Sometimes easy access to pvp and quick game modes can help out the new player the most.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

A good comment that reminds us that we can have both fast gameplay and complex builds/mechanics without making it difficult for the new player.

Sometimes easy access to pvp and quick game modes can help out the new player the most.

yeah, I can only imagine how daunting battlegrounds could be for a relatively new player...

the "open" nature of the combat being controlled by players was pretty cool...

I keep holding on to the crazy dream that at some point in time IC will have easier access and they will allow respawning on any platform within IC...

they can keep the silly flags with tel var boosts...i just really like the chance to fight over and over again...

even if someone kills me a few times - sometimes it's worth it if I can get one good kill in - I'm not a bagger, but, best believe I'm doing a dance on someone whom has killed me a bunch...
    Edited by geonsocal on August 21, 2017 10:43PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Syrusthevirus187
    Syrusthevirus187
    ✭✭✭✭
    Endless ps4 arena battles. So good.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

These are my memories too. I was probably one of those people you were trying to snipe on the EP platform. I used to love it when DKs would try to jump on those rocks and use chains to pull me off the platform. I would always block it, and drop a meteor on their heads. There wasn't much place for them to go between the rocks.
    I also loved using cloak to sneak up to the DC platform and drop meteors on players trying to snipe my allies. With vicious death equipped I sometimes got 5 kills at once. Good times!

i used to go there late nights (west coast US)...it would be cool, cuz you would see a lot of players from the leaderboards there...

weirdly, one of the images that stuck in my head the most was it was the first time i remember seeing a male character wearing a dress...

what made it worse was it was this kinda hairy breton with a 5 o'clock shadow in a low cut gown...

every time i saw them, whether it was fighting with or against them, I would pause for a minute just to think how strange (and oddly attractive - just kidding :#) they looked...

I wanna say that particular character was also my first introduction to VD...

it took a month or so to get my own VD set, but, for a couple of weeks I did all I could to try to get them back with the same kind of death recap...

at the time my only light wearing character was AD - so, I got to spend a bunch of time trying to perfect my bombing technique...
    Edited by geonsocal on August 21, 2017 10:55PM
  • chaserstorm16909
    chaserstorm16909
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i used to go there late nights (west coast US)...it would be cool, cuz you would see a lot of players from the leaderboards there...

weirdly, one of the images that stuck in my head the most was it was the first time i remember seeing a male character wearing a dress...

what made it worse was it was this kinda hairy breton with some low cut gown...

every time i saw them, whether it was fighting with or against them, I would pause for a minute just to think how strange (and oddly attractive - just kidding :#) they looked...

I wanna say that particular character was also my first introduction to VD...

it took a month or so to get my own VD set, but, for a couple of weeks I did all I could to try to get them back with the same kind of death recap...

at the time my only light wearing character was AD - so, I got to spend a bunch of time trying to perfect my bombing technique...

I remember him too. I think he was wearing the wedding dress costume. Good player if I recall.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    It was much more fun because a lot of the anti-solo player mechanics of PvP didn't exist yet.

The zergs didn't have such powerful tools and high tankiness. If you played skillfully, you could do amazing things by yourself in IC. Now it doesn't matter who the solo player is. As long as the group Xv1ing someone aren't the absolute worst players ever with very low CP, and they wear the right gear, RIP the solo player.

The game has changed. I miss when PvP was more than capturing resources and getting squashed like a fly by groups for a solo player. rip

Quoted for absolute truth.

ZOS has made pvp worse for soloers/smallscale by every major update. First they nerf mobility/escape and kite mechanic, then they introduce skills to counter mobility and escape directly, and on and on it goes.
    They are still making life harder and harder for ppl that enjoy pvping in smaller scale vs larger scale. For the life of me I dont understand why they keep empowering zergplay in this manner, and they even wonder why ppl are zerging more and more and lagging the camps more and more.

doslekis wrote: »

Great suggestion. IC can be awesome at times, because its rarely lagging there, but in recent times ppl have gone there with zergs and groups of 10+ players just swarming through the zones for the sake of farming telvar and pretty much steamrolling players looking for quality smallscale pvp. Wish it wasnt possible grouping up any bigger then 4 players whilst in IC area.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm an avid pvp player. It's about all I do. But I still don't have any desire to head to IC district. Mainly because I mind losing tel var stones. It's like losing gold to me. And I have no desire to see my hard earned gold disappear to some NB hitting me while I'm engaged with pve mobs. Or being mowed down by a group. I don't mind dying. It's part of pvp. So I'll just continue to sit up top in Cryodill fighting there. It makes me wonder though...if you took away the loss of tel var, would more people head in there? I likely would.