Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Widespread Cheating in Cyrodiil Lately

Drummerx04
Drummerx04
✭✭✭✭✭
Day after day I see enemy players walk up to a door and use it successfully to enter a keep... Talk about blatant and open Cheat Engine usage!

I understand that this may be some sort of server desync, but it is beyond frustrating to hit players in the back with a crystal frag, and instead of simply being knocked down, they slide on their face right up the stairs, cracking their head on every step on the way up, and make it right through the keep postern door to safety. Or more commonly, the people who appear to dodge roll through the door in a clean motion.

Meanwhile I shield up, drop an immovable potion, sheath my weapon in advance, and then stare like a f***ing moron at the door mashing the use button, praying to Akatosh for a swift entry before getting gunned down 2-15 complete seconds later by 4 incaps, 3 dragon leaps , 2 wreaking blows, 1 Soul Assault, and a light attack for good measure.

Is there a simple trick for using the door successfully, or is door usage implemented by the same geniuses that implemented the RNG loot table for vMA?
Edited by Drummerx04 on August 18, 2017 5:54AM
PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
Lilith's Group Manager
Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
Bot Scanner 2000
Lilith's Command History
Maintained Addons:
Kill Counter
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I empowering chained (gap-closer) folks into the keep for few times.

Bash can prevent one from getting through a door. However the one may still able to enter during the interval of bash animation.

One can dodge most of the attacks before the dodge animation is complete.

Nothing rocket science here...

EDIT: i almost forgot the revolving door that constituted 1% of my toon's cause of death, insta u wut m8.
    Edited by WaltherCarraway on August 18, 2017 6:01AM
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • SurprisedFour91
    SurprisedFour91
    ✭✭✭
    dodge rolling before using the door normally works
    Edited by SurprisedFour91 on August 18, 2017 7:52AM
    @UrenTelvanni PC/NA
    Characters: ded class Sorc AR 50, Uræn Warden AR 42, Cancuren NB AR 33, Urenaissance Templar AR 31, ded game DK AR 24
    A Normal Bosmer Man NB AR 39, Lūst Templar AR 32, -Uren AR 25, Abęl Necro AR32, ????? Warden AR28

Fair Weather Friends
    Faction Locks Are Stupid
  • pcar944
    pcar944
    ✭✭✭✭
    Drummerx04 wrote: »
    praying to Akatosh for a swift entry before getting gunned down ...

you are doing it wrong ... all hail Molag Bal, the only true savior of the Nirn
    One Tamriel killed PVP

DC Magicka Orc Necromancer climbing those ranks ...
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Day after day I see enemy players walk up to a door and use it successfully to enter a keep... Talk about blatant and open Cheat Engine usage!

I understand that this may be some sort of server desync, but it is beyond frustrating to hit players in the back with a crystal frag, and instead of simply being knocked down, they slide on their face right up the stairs, cracking their head on every step on the way up, and make it right through the keep postern door to safety. Or more commonly, the people who appear to dodge roll through the door in a clean motion.

Meanwhile I shield up, drop an immovable potion, sheath my weapon in advance, and then stare like a f***ing moron at the door mashing the use button, praying to Akatosh for a swift entry before getting gunned down 2-15 complete seconds later by 4 incaps, 3 dragon leaps , 2 wreaking blows, 1 Soul Assault, and a light attack for good measure.

Is there a simple trick for using the door successfully, or is door usage implemented by the same geniuses that implemented the RNG loot table for vMA?

In one statement you blame CE and in the next you admit it's probably a glitch, where is your science here coming from? You used to not be able to use the keep door under most circumstances, but they changed it to where as long as you click the door you can get in. Keep in mind that getting gap closed is like a mini silence, and I'm pretty sure it will stop you from doing things like activating a door if even for a split second. As a magsorc you aren't likely gap closing someone when they enter a door.
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Juli'St
    Juli'St
    ✭✭✭✭

...and some cheaters - or who make real MONEY - seeling cheater, complain about who talk about CE.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ring doorbell? Knock? Lock pick?

Wipe your feet on mat outside before going inside and please take your shoes off before walking around inside. Thank you.

- Chalman Management
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the ops defense this is me all the time.

When I'm chasing someone to a door he/she always seems to go in immediately. Meanwhile, my character stands there as I button mash, performing a door opening animation...like must be a wayg to animation cancel door opening....
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OdinForge wrote: »

In one statement you blame CE and in the next you admit it's probably a glitch, where is your science here coming from? You used to not be able to use the keep door under most circumstances, but they changed it to where as long as you click the door you can get in. Keep in mind that getting gap closed is like a mini silence, and I'm pretty sure it will stop you from doing things like activating a door if even for a split second. As a magsorc you aren't likely gap closing someone when they enter a door.

Is it truly possible that you don't get what part of his post was a joke?

I'll give you a hint, it's the part you are most familiar with...
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's mostly don't be in an animation when you clicking to enter the door. Sometimes you can enter with people doing everything to stop you, sometimes you can't enter when you did everything right. I've entered doors when someone astutely got a knockdown on me and stand up on the other side.
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Roll dodge at the base of the stairs, hit block, hit whatever key you use to open doors. 90% of the time it works.

Also, having low ping helps too.
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OdinForge wrote: »

Is it truly possible that you don't get what part of his post was a joke?

I'll give you a hint, it's the part you are most familiar with...

We get it you get one shot by dawnbreakers.
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I must have my CE tuned too high. Doors work for me... twice. :s
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

Obviously the solution is to stop cheating so much so you only use the door once. At least you admit your sins, you dirty door hacker.
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • rimmidimdim
    rimmidimdim
    ✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

Hahahaha, happens to me all the time, I get confused and running around like an idiot.
  • MaximillianDiE
    MaximillianDiE
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you sheathe your weapon just before you hit enter you will get straight in too.
    Maximillian Die Caesar - DC - [K-Hole] Retired
    Maximillian AD [[DiE]
    Retired
  • pcar944
    pcar944
    ✭✭✭✭
    my favorite is when you get inside and immediately go outside, like wut

or when doors don't work at all, yep, I'm just standing here RP'ing with the door ...
    One Tamriel killed PVP

• Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally miss being able to bash interrupt people using the door. That was some of the most fun in this game. Flame lash through perma roll dodge nightblades in 1.6, was probably the most fun.
    Duraeon / Maoh
    Former Emperor of Haderus, Trueflame, and Azura's Star
    PC/NA
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't forget the ever-present lightning staff heavy attack. Talk about triggering...
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing lately about cheating it has been going on for along time, ESO/ZOS has bad reputation in the gaming world for doing nothing about cheaters and exploiters, can't spend any money in game that keeps allowing this.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you left out Radiant Destruction

RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    door skills = expert player. keep practicing eventually you will get it.

I should have added that true door masters can not only enter but come right back out.
    Edited by Anazasi on August 22, 2017 5:12PM
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love it...go through the front door (no problems there) to see what's going on, see 20 enemies ramming down the door....button mash button mash, dead.
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the new dead but still able to move bug I saw a dead body slide up the stairs and through the door :D
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • pcar944
    pcar944
    ✭✭✭✭
    Osteos wrote: »
    With the new dead but still able to move bug I saw a dead body slide up the stairs and through the door :D

lol those are the best, they sometimes still show tiny bit of health left and start roaming the floor or a field

I chased someone on the 2nd floor at Bleaker for a good minute because every time you'd use the "rez" button their corpse would move across to the other side, miracle it didn't choose to jump down into a swarm of EP's by the front door

I wish I had a camera sometimes to record some of the stuff I see
    One Tamriel killed PVP

• Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Did you buy the crown store passive? That helps a lot.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you buy the crown store passive? That helps a lot.

No. I heard rumors of a secret Priority Door Access Card in the last season of crown crates, but alas I don't have the $15,000 required to win it.

Notable Completions:

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *puts on tinfoil hat*

It actually wouldn't surprise me if there was a private addon that opened the doors for you automatically.
    Duraeon / Maoh
    Former Emperor of Haderus, Trueflame, and Azura's Star
    PC/NA
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Magus this is no tinfoil case mate. There are add ons that auto use drink when near resource tres hold, dont see why it couldn't be similar with doors?

Lol people, look at this thread...

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/365886/cheater-on-eu-vivec-report-nr-and-picture-of-my-combat-log/p1
    Edited by sadownik on August 23, 2017 8:30PM
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just spam cliff racer, they fly through the door after people. There's no escape.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • JackDaniell
    JackDaniell
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think your ability to enter a door in combat is directly based off your ping.

Low ping = working doors
    200+ ping = lol don't waste your time trying to use a door
    Ebonheart Templar

www.youtube.com/user/kristofersommermusic