The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

what the hell have u done to writ drop rates

karldavy149b16_ESO
karldavy149b16_ESO
✭✭✭
ok since the patch ive done my writs on all 14 toons

im averaging just 4 legendarys a day 1 or 2 maps a day and currently 0 master writs ...

what have u done to them the last time i got 4 legendarys in a day was when i only did writs on 2 toons

is this a bug or did you nerf the drop rate
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run six writs on three characters. I've actually been taking the last week off and revisiting Skryim (and running the Whispering Tide event in TSW), but I ran 18 writs yesterday and walked away with 3 master writs. Nothing spectacular, an equipment for 5, an alchemy and an enchanting writ, but still.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not sure about the drop rate for legendary mats, but I believe the chance for master writs now takes into account how many of the new motifs you have learned.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4427968/#Comment_4427968
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seem to get writs every day and i only do them on 2 characters.
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is just RNG. I had a period of no writs but got several yesterday and today.
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got 3 writs for today. 1 alchemy, 1 cloth, 1 blacksmith that is with 88 vouchers. Spool! I prayed to the RNG gods that's for sure. Sounds like you had bad luck lol
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    7DGUQvp.png
    On another character. I have such great luck :)
    Edited by Qyrk on August 17, 2017 10:46AM
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    with the thread title what it is, someone does not deserve an answer.
  • karldavy149b16_ESO
    karldavy149b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    its more in response to the legendary than anything else and yes im aware of how master writs work ...

typically over the average of a week i would loot at least 4 of each legendary mat a day ...

but since monday 4 days of writs im looking at an average of 1 of each legendary a day so far
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its more in response to the legendary than anything else and yes im aware of how master writs work ...

typically over the average of a week i would loot at least 4 of each legendary mat a day ...

but since monday 4 days of writs im looking at an average of 1 of each legendary a day so far

Not my experience, with 2 toons doing writs, I'm getting normal drop rates on legendary. As usual, looks like RNG is not in your favour. Got 2 kutas, 2 temp alloy from 2 toons doing today's writ.
  • LtBottle
    LtBottle
    ✭✭✭
    on 8 chars, i'm not sure i only dropped 1 survey map since last update... is it still working?
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody even considered the idea that the more writs done, the less drop rate they have?

Look at the enlightenment system. It rewards playing consistently without going overboard.

Look at some of the holiday event drop rates, where it was self-defeating to try to grind out items from the same boss over and over, because of a cooldown on the boss dropping the event items.

Now look at what some of you are doing - trying to scoop up lots of gold mats and master writs by grinding out writs.

It's not far fetched to consider that maybe doing writs over and over will be set up to give fewer and fewer rewards, just like grinding the same boss does, just like other drop rate cooldowns do in the game.

Maybe try playing the game rather than treating it like writ-simulator 2017?
    Xbox NA
  • LtBottle
    LtBottle
    ✭✭✭
    Cryptical wrote: »

how is this supposed to be in any way constructive or helpful?

We ask for clarifications. no more
  • Hawco10
    Hawco10
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing for 3 days now. By nothing I mean no writs, wax, temps, Kutas, temps, frost Miriam etc cornered the market in grand repair kits though !
    Edited by Hawco10 on August 17, 2017 1:05PM
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LtBottle wrote: »
    Cryptical wrote: »

how is this supposed to be in any way constructive or helpful?

We ask for clarifications. no more

What is your purpose for the gold mats you desire? Are you golding out gear, or are you just looking to sell them to make your amount of imaginary pixel currency into a bigger number? Golding out gear is playing the game. Just to be able to say you have more imaginary gold is treating it like a money sim.

What's your purpose for the master writs? Are you going to do them and spend the vouchers on stuff, or are you just looking to sell them to make the amount of imaginary pixel currency into a bigger number?

The topic of gold distribution happened to come up as one of the devs was looking at the data, and generously shared a bit of info for the three platforms. Turns out, 90% of the Xbox players that have made it to 50 have ~412k total gold on their account, among all characters. PS4 was something like 480k, I think pc was somewhere around 800k. So if you are beyond that threshold, then you are already richer than 90% of the players you see. So stop acting like you are deprived and in poverty. Play the game, stop treating it like a wealth sim, and you'll have more fun while being less salty over not receiving gold mats or master writs.
    Xbox NA
  • capper123
    capper123
    ✭✭
    i get tired of trying to keep up with motifs. bring out new dlc without new motifs please.
  • LtBottle
    LtBottle
    ✭✭✭
    What is your problem. Leave this topic if you have nothing constructive to say.
    i collect gold mat for me ands guildies, i'm not rich, not even have 500k gold on account, and i dont want to be. Do i have to reveal anything to be able to ask if it is working as it should?

Go play the forum warrior somewhere else.

People like you are not constructive in any way, you just want people to go the same way you play. i wont. i ask something, not asking for any "life lesson"
  • Dracofyre
    Dracofyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    devs! i need more legendary materials!, i am at maxed skills with crafting, and not getting enough since these master writs take too much legendary by volume needed. Also purple drops i looted, wasnt pulling enough purple mats i needed, just more useless overflowed gems and styles mats.

it is dangerous way to get "burnout" from gathering and decom for legendary, it would "FORCED" me to try botting on harvest nodes to get thousand units to get "daily" result on getting legendary mats. it may not be funny to try out-compete with other "bots" that gathering too.

here my idea or concept for survey maps, please add epics and some chances on legendary mats. enchant survey maps was done correctly.

buying from other players are still too steep.
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hawco10 wrote: »
    Nothing for 3 days now. By nothing I mean no writs, wax, temps, Kutas, temps, frost Miriam etc cornered the market in grand repair kits though !

iv got all those things you mentioned. i do 18 top tier writs per day, every day. and have had multiple drops of all those since the patch.
  • agingerinohio
    agingerinohio
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't had a single writ voucher or survey drop in over a week.
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Writs...

Nothing before has ever felt like working for minimum wage while paying for your uniform out of your first paycheck like writs. I hate them, the RNG sucks most of the time.. and I curse Gina for telling me that complete motif styles can effect the drop rate because I haven't got any since I dumped a bunch of money into learning 4 or 5 more styles. :/ For some odd reason the alts who barely have any styles completed at all get them more than my master crafter with 33 styles.
    love is love
  • PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been doing 5 writs a day for 3-4 weeks, still have not got a single master writ
  • agn231
    agn231
    ✭✭✭
    Writs...

Nothing before has ever felt like working for minimum wage while paying for your uniform out of your first paycheck like writs. I hate them, the RNG sucks most of the time.. and I curse Gina for telling me that complete motif styles can effect the drop rate because I haven't got any since I dumped a bunch of money into learning 4 or 5 more styles. :/ For some odd reason the alts who barely have any styles completed at all get them more than my master crafter with 33 styles.

Thank you for capturing my feelings on this issue! I do daily writs on a couple of characters because I enjoy the mats and gold rewards but most days I'm reminded that my crafter is an unemployable failure who apparently no one trusts to complete a "master" level writ...
  • agingerinohio
    agingerinohio
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't had a single writ voucher or survey drop in over a week.

Well, the writs made a liar of me. Guess I have been talking to M'aiq too much lately... Just had some writ voucher drop this morning. xD
  • Horowonnoe
    Horowonnoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stopped doing writs when i didn't get any master writs for 3 weeks straight. Then i was like - forget it.
    PC / NA
    Templar Healer "False Eye"
    Sorc Healer "Potema the Wolf Queen"
    Warden Healer "Heavy Attacks Online"
    Magicka Nightblade DPS "Nephaleth Telvanni"
    Dragonknight Tank "Nico's Facsimile"

Builds & Guides:
    Horow's Templar Healer Guide for Trials (Murkmire updated)
    How to get Felms to jump correctly in vAS HM?
    Horow's vMA Magicka Sorc Build for beginners and lazy farmers
    Horow's Magicka Sorc Triple Pet Heavy Attack Build - Summerset Isles Ready
    More builds at anthem-guild.com/pve/.

Notable Achievements:
    - World's first 18 Axes vAA clear
    - World's first 20+ enrage stack Llothis in vAS HM and World record cone damage
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm more annoyed that after days of no writs other then 2 voucher alchemy.. i get a whole 18 voucher writ! for nirhorned BA weapon. seriously? weapon nirn alone costs more then what I could realistically sell that master writ for, and BA chapters are still going for 150k to 200k + PER CHAPTER. becasue they are very. VERY. rare.

sigh. there go any hopes I had for getting the rest of the new gold furnishing recipes.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok since the patch ive done my writs on all 14 toons

im averaging just 4 legendarys a day 1 or 2 maps a day and currently 0 master writs ...

what have u done to them the last time i got 4 legendarys in a day was when i only did writs on 2 toons

is this a bug or did you nerf the drop rate

I've noticed a change as well. Definitely seems like they lowered the odds.
    Edited by Jeremy on August 17, 2017 4:58PM
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's RNG. I got 3 the other day on one toon (the only toon I do writs on), two of which were 70+ vouchers.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RNG is RNG
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    I'm more annoyed that after days of no writs other then 2 voucher alchemy.. i get a whole 18 voucher writ! for nirhorned BA weapon. seriously? weapon nirn alone costs more then what I could realistically sell that master writ for, and BA chapters are still going for 150k to 200k + PER CHAPTER. becasue they are very. VERY. rare.

sigh. there go any hopes I had for getting the rest of the new gold furnishing recipes.

Oh... gross! So they've added Bouyant Armiger to the master writs table then...

Now I know its going to be a super inflated crown store book soon.
    not-like-this-gif-4.gif
    love is love
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »

Oh... gross! So they've added Bouyant Armiger to the master writs table then...

Now I know its going to be a super inflated crown store book soon.
    not-like-this-gif-4.gif

they also added morag tong and ashlander. junging by a few writs i saw in guild stores when shopping.

at least those are easer/cheaper to get. Bouyant Armitger? ugg. I say UGG
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"