The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

what the hell have u done to writ drop rates

• karldavy149b16_ESO
    karldavy149b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Slick_007 wrote: »
    Hawco10 wrote: »
    Nothing for 3 days now. By nothing I mean no writs, wax, temps, Kutas, temps, frost Miriam etc cornered the market in grand repair kits though !

iv got all those things you mentioned. i do 18 top tier writs per day, every day. and have had multiple drops of all those since the patch.

well i do 84 writs a day ... id i can say there is a noticable drop in mats being rewarded ...
  • karldavy149b16_ESO
    karldavy149b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    the amount ive been rewarded since the patch dropped is = to the amount i used to get per day befor patch now i know its all about rng but im not talking just random here ive been running writs every day on every toon since the arrival of writs into the game im guessing the devs are no longer happy with players like me amassing huge sums of legendary parts with very little effort
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure about the drop rate for legendary mats, but I believe the chance for master writs now takes into account how many of the new motifs you have learned.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4427968/#Comment_4427968

Exactly. And with four new full books of motifs, suddenly your probability of getting a Blacksmithing, Clothier or Woodworking Master Writ drops.

I am still getting the same number of Alchemy, Enchanting and Provisioning Master Writs than I ever did. That's probably because you don't need to know any motifs to get them, and there have been no new Provisioning purple recipes added in a while.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the day they announced new items would be up on the master writ vendor this happened, had a thread pop up the next day about this the drop rate was adjusted
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around how this works. I've only just in the past two weeks gotten two of my toons up to a level 50 in some crafting lines. So does that mean that I will not see any master writs until I've learned some chapters from the new Morrowind motifs? I was wondering when those are supposed to show up.
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there are currently 505 motifs, breaking down each set into 14 parts. previously there were 463. adjust your % accordingly
  • karldavy149b16_ESO
    karldavy149b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    there are currently 505 motifs, breaking down each set into 14 parts. previously there were 463. adjust your % accordingly

i believe the % doesnt go up based on 1 motif ... i believe u have to know all pages of a style for your % to shift .... but it doesnt change the fact what ive got over the last 4 days since the patch is equal to what i used to get in 1 day prior to patch
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i believe the % doesnt go up based on 1 motif ... i believe u have to know all pages of a style for your % to shift .... but it doesnt change the fact what ive got over the last 4 days since the patch is equal to what i used to get in 1 day prior to patch

that is correct, you have to know the full book for your chances to go up. also as far as i know crown shop motifs and ebony motif doesn't count towards your chance. that said, with 7 new books added, that are now counting towards your chances... it seems like the actual chance to get master writs.. have shrunk down. not to mention when you do get one, your chances of being able to craft it - shrink down as well, since it seems like the chance of getting a master writ asking for new motif at least feels to be higher than that of getting old one.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've done it on 14 characters every day since morrowind and i average around 10 survey maps or so a day usually. RNG works in mysterious ways
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've done it on 14 characters every day since morrowind and i average around 10 survey maps or so a day usually. RNG works in mysterious ways

surveys =/= master writs. or gold tempers for that matter.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i play a card game (not for cash) and you can bet your winnings on the suit of a card. i always bet the same suit because after a card is drawn, its put back in the deck, so every single draw of the card i have 1 in 4 chance of being right. lost 27 times straight. RNG can suck sometimes.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I could care less about the drop rate of master writs. I do more writs daily than anyone posting in this thread so far. By the end of a week, I have 3-4 hours worth of master writs to complete. I want to see more high voucher master writs even if the overall drop rate is slashed in half... From a qol perspective, the change they made making 5-7 voucher writs very common is downright infuriating.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ok since the patch ive done my writs on all 14 toons

im averaging just 4 legendarys a day 1 or 2 maps a day and currently 0 master writs ...

what have u done to them the last time i got 4 legendarys in a day was when i only did writs on 2 toons

is this a bug or did you nerf the drop rate

I know the tempers got lower droprates as well, I do writs on 11 chars a day all maxed tier and barely get legendary tempers anymore, neither MW's as well.

My main crafter has every single motif learned besides the 3 new ones yet, and all 9 Traits and has barely seen any MW's at all either.
  • karldavy149b16_ESO
    karldavy149b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I could care less about the drop rate of master writs. I do more writs daily than anyone posting in this thread so far. By the end of a week, I have 3-4 hours worth of master writs to complete. I want to see more high voucher master writs even if the overall drop rate is slashed in half... From a qol perspective, the change they made making 5-7 voucher writs very common is downright infuriating.

i run them on 14 toons on this account and if i can be arsed i will do 6 toons on my second account every day
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »
    It's RNG. I got 3 the other day on one toon (the only toon I do writs on), two of which were 70+ vouchers.

Doubt its just rng, when you have an all 9 traiter + all motifs in game done and haven't seen one MW in about 2 months
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

i run them on 14 toons on this account and if i can be arsed i will do 6 toons on my second account every day

I have multiple accounts, some dating back to early release. I can run writs on more than double your figure. If I had the time and ancestor silk wasn't so darn unreasonably priced....
  • karldavy149b16_ESO
    karldavy149b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    w

I have multiple accounts, some dating back to early release. I can run writs on more than double your figure. If I had the time and ancestor silk wasn't so darn unreasonably priced....

so tell me since the patch have you noticed a decline on legendary upgrades ive gone from 4 of each type a day on 14 toons

to just 4 a day on 14 toons

• karldavy149b16_ESO
    karldavy149b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ive literally gone from a 1 in 5 chance to a 1 in 12 chance of getting legendarys so far
    Edited by karldavy149b16_ESO on August 18, 2017 6:53AM
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 22 max level characters across two accounts doing writs everyday. Thats 132 writs a day! I know how the master writ system works, i have been doing it for months now. I am now getting less master writs then when housing first originally dropped and my characters are not nearly as unprepared as they were on housing launch day. The lack of drops is not by a little margin either. Something is wrong and its just not cause they added new motifs that lower the % of drop rates. A lot of your players have invested way to much time and money into this writ system to have it either be changed on us with out warning or to have an error that is lowering drop rates by this much. Please investigate this asap.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    baratron wrote: »
    Not sure about the drop rate for legendary mats, but I believe the chance for master writs now takes into account how many of the new motifs you have learned.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4427968/#Comment_4427968

Exactly. And with four new full books of motifs, suddenly your probability of getting a Blacksmithing, Clothier or Woodworking Master Writ drops.

I am still getting the same number of Alchemy, Enchanting and Provisioning Master Writs than I ever did. That's probably because you don't need to know any motifs to get them, and there have been no new Provisioning purple recipes added in a while.

Are you sure the drop chance for the large master writs is calculated separately for each craft?

For example, if I learn all the traits in woodworking, clothing, alchemy traits and provisioning/housing recipes, does this not affect chance for master writ when opening the blacksmith container?

• drconstableb16_ESO
    Something Has definitely changed. I haven't seen a Master Writ for any craft in over 2 weeks.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »

that is correct, you have to know the full book for your chances to go up. also as far as i know crown shop motifs and ebony motif doesn't count towards your chance. that said, with 7 new books added, that are now counting towards your chances... it seems like the actual chance to get master writs.. have shrunk down. not to mention when you do get one, your chances of being able to craft it - shrink down as well, since it seems like the chance of getting a master writ asking for new motif at least feels to be higher than that of getting old one.

Was there an official comment about this? Around 80% of the motifs have been on crown store at one time or another, so you mean to say none of these help our chances anymore?

Edited by IcyDeadPeople on August 19, 2017 6:14PM