Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Glitch? or New Function] Should the Prophet be following me?

Jemcrystal
Jemcrystal
✭✭✭✭✭
Post patch new game behavior:

I have two computers. When I logged into one this morning and leveled up my character's mounts the Prophet was there waiting for me. So I clicked him as well because those were my alts and they might have ignored him. Not sure. No big deal. I like the old man. He's not annoying like that npc in Rift (or the one in Stonefalls or the orc lady or that gal in the wilderness or the creepy stalker wood elf girl with the old mage boyfriend at Khenarthi Island , etc etc etc). Anyway, that was this morning.

Tonight I am set up at my other computer. I logged in and again with the Prophet doing a ghostly peek-a-boo I-see-you to my alts. I clicked him already on the other computer. But here he is again.

Is it because I am logging in to a different computer? Anyone else getting a bit more hounded by the old man?
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jemcrystal wrote: »
    Post patch new game behavior:

I have two computers. When I logged into one this morning and leveled up my character's mounts the Prophet was there waiting for me. So I clicked him as well because those were my alts and they might have ignored him. Not sure. No big deal. I like the old man. He's not annoying like that npc in Rift (or the one in Stonefalls or the orc lady or that gal in the wilderness or the creepy stalker wood elf girl with the old mage boyfriend at Khenarthi Island , etc etc etc). Anyway, that was this morning.

Tonight I am set up at my other computer. I logged in and again with the Prophet doing a ghostly peek-a-boo I-see-you to my alts. I clicked him already on the other computer. But here he is again.

Is it because I am logging in to a different computer? Anyone else getting a bit more hounded by the old man?

Didn't you hear? It's the new non-combat pet that came with new DLC patch.
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
    Options
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the Prophet may be glitched. Someone else, in another thread, posted a picture of the Prophet in his/her house.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
    Options
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    He's turned into a stalker for sure. I've had him pop up for characters who talked to him and accepted the Harborage quest ages ago. In one case I talked to him again, advanced the quest, and then after I switched to clear some inventory and came back to this same character, there he was again.

He must just be lonely sitting there in the Harborage waiting for me to visit.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
    Options
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vestige, I've come to bargain!
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
    Options
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine the entourage if you don't take these quests.

Yay, party!

Edit: The prophet and stuga caught me at the stablehand increasing my riding skill. I thought "what a service" and said yes and farewell to both. They could have lined up nicer though.
    Edited by Rouven on August 15, 2017 9:48PM
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
    Options
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed him when I logged on an alt to feed a horse, I didn't make much of it since I'm not planning on doing the main quest on the alts
    Options
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    He pesters my mules. There needs to be an "I'm a mule" setting for some characters.

I currently play 4 different characters which is all I can handle...no way am I starting up my mules from scratch.

Not to mention the Orc woman who wants to know whether you know how long she's waited over and over. Orc DLC.

And don't get me started on the religious guy in Sentinal.....
    I know nutting....
    Options
  • BlueViolet
    BlueViolet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My son had the Prophet follow him into his house.
    Prophet was standing in the middle of his bed, which he thought was entirely too creepy.
    EU / NA / PC
    Options
  • MelodiousAccord
    MelodiousAccord
    ✭✭✭
    He's been hanging out in my house, too. I tried putting up a "no loitering" sign but it didn't work so I contacted ZOS customer support about a restraining order. Still waiting to hear back.
    <Torchbug Parts>
    -Guildmaster-

<Roles>
    ☤ Estelisse, heals ☤
    ♚ Aventus Amedeo, tank ♚
    ϟ Nyrvana Llithios, dps ϟ
    ➳ J'zeira, dps ➳
    Options
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He used to be a stalker like this before too. My alts would see him waiting at the edge of cities, stalking the gates of Daggerfall and such. Used to make a game out of it trying to avoid him. His stalking capabilities were nerfed at some point but it seems he has regained his powers. Prolly that new invigorating trait xD
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
    Options
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happened to one of my alts too
    Options
  • Ragnork
    Ragnork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost as bad as being visited in the Wailing Prison about a benefactor....
    y4mnGHAUpXA1YcgGaCTFpLNM7brADm_Rg-JAXzY9ymRfi2hTR8hxPkZskum_YnYnAix8ILMhR1kKoV4hKIory6Ax2cC7EBt_XN4zLkdh-SAdUA2fS5erA0wuKFugAEIYWyiVKdPWeGW5-fDj8v20FeudURpx2DMaFrmn9fRVD54VsACfcx3_cW499zenUoVNzZc6_QV2sLsiA0HGQZ928p5IA?width=2560&height=1440&cropmode=none

Only thing here is she scared of Lyris and so now I am trapped behind a locked door....
    Edited by Ragnork on August 16, 2017 12:31PM
    Options
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it's supposed to be like that, but I don't like it.
    Fix: just take his quest.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
    Options
  • Grymmoire
    Grymmoire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    I think the Prophet may be glitched. Someone else, in another thread, posted a picture of the Prophet in his/her house.

Well tell you what, if the old codger shows up in my house, blind or not I'm putting his lame tookas to work!
    Options
  • THWIP71
    THWIP71
    ✭✭✭✭
    FakeFox wrote: »
    I think it's supposed to be like that, but I don't like it.
    Fix: just take his quest.

Nope...it resets every time you login. Until it's fixed, the only likely way to fix it is to power through the (boring and tedious) Harborage questline until he no longer visits you.
    Options
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should the prophet sell his prophecies for profit?
    Options
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Was that from a Master Writ? :)
    Options
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

He decided to visit me today in Amaya Lake Lodge... Please ZOS, take this grandpa away from my yard! :rage:

pX4opIi.jpg
    Options
  • kamimark
    kamimark
    ✭✭✭✭
    The annoying tagalong quest NPCs need to be nailed to the ground somewhere away from the player. I deliberately am not doing the main quest on my Warden, and yet the hooded figure is everywhere nagging at me
    to go get killed.
    I can't go into Craglorn without Stuga, or the Rift without some jerk Nord (redundant, I know) chasing me around. And yet I cannot stick a knife in these greens.

I'm sure someone at ZOS thinks this is helpful to new players who aren't aware enough to find a big glowing arrow over someone's head, but perhaps don't have them chase you if you have any CP?
    Kitty Rainbow Dash. pick, pick, stab.
    Options
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When I'm decorating my house, I'd like it to be a non-Prophet organization.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
    Options