The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Disease status effect not working

SodanTok
SodanTok
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Ever since halfway PTS (as reported by me twice) the disease status effect is not working properly. Instead of applying defile and diseased status it simply does low amount of damage and no debuff.

Not tested from point of view of victim, only on dummy and neither addon nor ingame debuffs showed anything applied. And everything showed the small damage proc which was never there.
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So...both poison and disease enchantment are partly broken now?
    Are there any other enchantments for stam users left?
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Teridaxus wrote: »
    So...both poison and disease enchantment are partly broken now?
    Are there any other enchantments for stam users left?

Well, cant speak about infused or torug but Poison and Oblivion work fine and damage poisons (alchemy) are finally working too.
    But PVE wise diseased works fine, maybe even better now :D Since it procs ~300dmg status effect instead of 0 damage defile.
    Edited by SodanTok on August 14, 2017 9:35PM
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tested this on both live and PTS, Disease does not work. It does a super low 1 hit damage tick when it procs and that is it, no Defile what so ever. I was gonna test whether or not it gave Minor or Major Defile since I have heard conflicting information about this but am no unable to do so cause its broken........
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bump
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • ZOS_Wrobel
    ZOS_Wrobel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SodanTok thanks for the report! We're working on a fix for this.

@paulsimonps disease damage causes Major Defile.
    Edited by ZOS_Wrobel on August 16, 2017 1:51PM
    Lead Combat Designer
    Eric Wrobel
    Staff Post
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrobel wrote: »
    @SodanTok thanks for the report! We're working on a fix for this.

@paulsimonps poison damage causes Major Defile.

Poison is definitely not Major Defile, or at least does not indicate that it does. The Poisoned status effect applies a moderate DoT effect that (now) lasts 6 seconds, previously lasting 12s. Diseased applies Minor Defile and a 50% health recovery reduction.

Perhaps you are confusing Lethal Arrow, which applies the Poisoned status effect and Major Defile when it deals damage? If Poisoned did proc Major Defile normally, why would Lethal Arrow also state that as a morph option, despite it being redundant?
    Edited by Gilliamtherogue on August 16, 2017 1:40PM
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@paulsimonps poison damage causes Major Defile.

That's not true @Wrobel Did you make this change the last patch or...? Minor defile right now comes from diseased enchant.
    Because I can!
  • ZOS_Wrobel
    ZOS_Wrobel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gilliamtherogue You're right, it's disease damage, not poison damage. I've updated my post to clarify.

Note that all disease damage has a chance to apply Major Defile.
    Lead Combat Designer
    Eric Wrobel
    Staff Post
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Gilliamtherogue You're right, it's disease damage, not poison damage. I've updated my post to clarify.

So now its only Major Defile or still the 50% health recovery thing? cause now Defile effects health recovery. Also kind of sad that its Major, its already easy to get Major. There are without disease being Minor all we have to apply it is Fasalla's and alchemy poisons. Please if Disease's secondary effect really is Major Defile, consider changing it to Minor.

Major Defile (Decrease Healing taken and Health Recovery by 30%)
    • One Hand and Shield Ability: Reverberating Bash (Morph of Power Bash)
    • Bow Ability: Lethal Arrow (Morph of Snipe)
    • Nightblade Assassination Ultimate: Death Stroke+Morphs
    • Dragonknight Ardent Flame Ultimate: Dragonknight Standard+Morphs
    • Templar Dawn's Wrath Ability: Dark Flare (Morph of Solar Flare)
    • Warden Green Balance Ability: Corrupting Pollen (Morph of Healing Seed)
    • Werewolf Ability: Claws of Anguish (Morph of Infectious Claws)
    • Armor Set: Durok's Bane

Minor Defile (Decrease Healing taken and Health Recovery by 15%)
    • Alchemy Poison: Vitality (Beetle Scuttle, Butterfly Wing, Fleshy Larva, Torchbug Thorax)
    • Alchemy Poison/Potion: Defile (Spider Eggs, Nightshade, Mudcrab Chitin)
    • Armor Set: Fasalla's Guile
    • Armor Set: Pirate Skeleton (on self)

Please don't have disease be Major, make Minor more accessible.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It is minor defile not major, unless you did changes without including them in patch notes.
    Because I can!
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So now its only Major Defile or still the 50% health recovery thing? cause now Defile effects health recovery. Also kind of sad that its Major, its already easy to get Major. There are without disease being Minor all we have to apply it is Fasalla's and alchemy poisons. Please if Disease's secondary effect really is Major Defile, consider changing it to Minor.

• Alchemy Poison: Vitality (Beetle Scuttle, Butterfly Wing, Fleshy Larva, Torchbug Thorax)

The in game Help system states Diseased applies Major Defile and 50% health recovery. Major/Minor defile now apply to Health recovery, and the Befouled bonus will also apply to that. I'll do some in game testing to check.

Edit* In game help now states Major, but all of the other status effects are not updated with relevant information... Talk about a mess.
    Edited by Gilliamtherogue on August 16, 2017 2:23PM
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

• paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The in game Help system states Diseased applies Minor Defile and 50% health recovery. Major/Minor defile now apply to Health recovery, and the Befouled bonus will also apply to that. I'll do some in game testing to check.

@Gilliamtherogue

The in game list on the help section is out of date, it has Concussion as Minor Maim and Chilled as just a snare, I've reported this on the forums before but it was never picked up I guess. And atm Disease does nothing but a super small 1 tick damage when proccing its secondary effect, no health recovery debuff, no healing taken debuff. Just a super tiny damage tick, its bugged. So can't test what they intent to be the correct thing since its broken.

@Wrobel Maybe since you have looked on this thread earlier maybe you will see this too, the help section in game is in need of an update.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Either Wrobel just didn't have his coffee this morning, or they made another change that didn't get put in the Patch Notes (or updated in the in-game help system). :D
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm that Disease damage proccing the Diseased status effect does not proc any form of Defile or health regen reduction. It does a pitiful amount (roughly 300) damage and that's it. Definitely needs to be fixed asap to help keep Troll King in check.

• Grumble_and_Grunt
    Grumble_and_Grunt
    ✭✭✭✭
    While we're at it can you address the disease enchant? Procs like crazy and is basically a newer and better Viper in PvP.
    PC EU
    Fix Powerful Assault
    #3Qbiken
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    While we're at it can you address the disease enchant? Procs like crazy and is basically a newer and better Viper in PvP.

Its not disease that's the big thing, its most likely Infused doing the trick. Disease enchantment is just 1 hit and that's hit, with it not procing Defile or anything that is. Poison Enchantment however can proc a nice DoT after its initial damage. But if you are seeing a lot of strong enchantments hitting you its probably a Infused user.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To people confused about Major/Minor Defile from diseased damage. It was never stated in patch notes, but it is old change. Probably Pre-Homestead.
  • Grumble_and_Grunt
    Grumble_and_Grunt
    ✭✭✭✭

Its not disease that's the big thing, its most likely Infused doing the trick. Disease enchantment is just 1 hit and that's hit, with it not procing Defile or anything that is. Poison Enchantment however can proc a nice DoT after its initial damage. But if you are seeing a lot of strong enchantments hitting you its probably a Infused user.

Yes of course it's an infused user, but I dunno man we've just gone from one proc meta to another lol. Doesn't make for healthy PvP.
    PC EU
    Fix Powerful Assault
    #3Qbiken
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. Disease damage secondary effect has been major defile for 2+ years. (that does not work on wood elves and argonians)
    Did not know it stopped working recently.
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cant even thoerycraft for the future ?

Disease (Enchantments) is suppose have a chance to grant minor defile as secondary status effect stated in.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/111840/status-effects-and-you

It procs minor defile on console tested and proven, as of our update currently. I agree with @Gilliamtherogue on having this looked at a.s.a.p hopefully before ours goes live.

Also maybe a good idea @Wrobel to update your "status effects and you" post as the community is torn bye how and what enchantments/abilities/chance/scales do for your build.

Im optimistic....
  • ZOS_Wrobel
    ZOS_Wrobel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great feedback guys. We'll be writing the Elemental Status Effects help screen to match the current in game effects. Here are the highlights from the different elements:

• Fire: Target burns for additional damage over 4 seconds.
    • Shock: Instant damage. Applies Minor Vulnerability for 4 seconds, increasing the damage taken by 8%.
    • Frost: Instant damage. Applies Minor Maim for 4 seconds, reducing target's damage by 15%.
    • Disease: Instant damage. Applies Major Defile for 4 seconds, decreasing healing taken and health recovery by 30%.
    • Poison: Deals Poison Damage over 6 seconds.
    Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on August 17, 2017 2:36PM
    Lead Combat Designer
    Eric Wrobel
    Staff Post
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great feedback guys. We'll be writing the Elemental Status Effects help screen to match the current in game effects. Here are the highlights from the different elements:

• Shock: Instant damage. Applies Minor Vulnerability for 4 seconds, increasing the damage taken by 8%.
    • Frost: Instant damage. Applies Minor Maim for 4 seconds, reducing target's damage by 15%.
    Disease: Instant damage. Applies Major Defile for 4 seconds, decreasing healing taken and health recovery by 30%.

Please consider changing to Minor Defile. Major Defile on the status effect is redundant since we have so many on-demand sources of Major.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Does it apply major defile of have a "chance"?
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Koolio
    All status effects "have a chance" to proc. Wrobel was saying this is what they do when they proc.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dpencil1 wrote: »
    @Koolio
    All status effects "have a chance" to proc. Wrobel was saying this is what they do when they proc.

Thank you. Don't want to spread false information to my guild.
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭

• Disease: Instant damage. Applies Major Defile for 4 seconds, decreasing healing taken and health recovery by 30%.

Totally underrated set of factoids. So can status effects proc as soon as they end? So theoretically there could be 100% uptime?
    Edited by Jim_Pipp on August 17, 2017 3:37PM
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »

Totally underrated set of factoids. So can status effects proc as soon as they end? So theoretically there could be 100% uptime?

As soon? They can proc before they end to refresh the duration
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anybody know what the proc chance is for status effects? I've read 20% before but I'd love to see that verified in green text.
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for clarifying it is much appreciated.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.