The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fishing Vessel Furnishing

Gothren
Gothren
✭✭✭✭✭
How long did it take you to unlock this achievement in order to purchase this furnishing? Im slowing losing my mind on how boring fishing is. Everytime I get motivated to start fishing for this achievment it slowly fades away and I eventually quit from boredom. Any chance this item can potentially drop from the luxury furniture merchant?
Fishing-Vessel.jpg
Edited by Gothren on August 12, 2017 1:49AM
  • Slyjinxy
    Slyjinxy
    ✭✭✭
    If it does I'll be pissed. I dedicated weeks, hours per day, to getting that boat.

If you have friends that can fish with you that is supposed to give you a better chance at rare fish. I did it solo, seemingly took forever.
    Edited by Slyjinxy on August 14, 2017 1:43PM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's an achievement furnishing. No chance it will ever be sold by the luxury furnisher. You'll have to complete the achievement if you want it. Look up guides on how to quickly grind master angler.

That's not to say they won't release different boat furnishings in the future, which can be obtained via different methods.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on August 12, 2017 9:59PM
  • Gothren
    Gothren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's an achievement furnishing. No chance it will ever be sold by the luxury furnisher. You'll have to complete the achievement if you want it. Look up guides on how to quickly grind master angler.

That's not to say they won't release different boat furnishings in the future, which can be obtained via different methods.

Excuse my french but F-- that lol. Ill just wait till they make another ship / boat furnishing.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    3 weeks 4 days 3 hours of fishing a day
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of my characters I have master angler on I basically fished while waiting for a guild event or a group to form. When farming for mats if I came across a fishing hole I would cast a few times then go on my way. Once I got kinda close to being done I went ahead and concentrated on finishing. Neither of my characters who have the achievement have a home with water so the boat is dry docked. My characters have their own homes but can't use achievement furniture or trophies other characters earned.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    One of my characters I have master angler on I basically fished while waiting for a guild event or a group to form. When farming for mats if I came across a fishing hole I would cast a few times then go on my way. Once I got kinda close to being done I went ahead and concentrated on finishing. Neither of my characters who have the achievement have a home with water so the boat is dry docked. My characters have their own homes but can't use achievement furniture or trophies other characters earned.

Wait, that doesn't make sense. Houses are account wide, what's stopping your fisher characters from buying the boat and putting it in the house of your non-fisher characters? Or that's purely from rp point of view, only using achievements associated immediately with specific characters?
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »
    kargen27 wrote: »

Wait, that doesn't make sense. Houses are account wide, what's stopping your fisher characters from buying the boat and putting it in the house of your non-fisher characters? Or that's purely from rp point of view, only using achievements associated immediately with specific characters?

Just my own restriction for fun. Turns out it gave me a reason and incentive to go back and do some content I hadn't done for a while.
  • lasertooth
    lasertooth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just started this grind, on xbox na if anyone wants to join me. :)

Players running around collecting mats have seen me fishing, and some of them will stop to fish alongside me. Fishing in the same hole as another player increases your chance of getting those rare fish so I wish I had done this the past few years!! Because then it wouldn't be such a bad grind now.

I've actually really enjoyed my time fishing so far. I thought I would hate it, but it's been a nice quiet break in the game. I've found so many lore books and picked up so many mats while looking for fishing holes, it's like I've combined 3 grinds into one. And I've met some great people fishing. If you type "looking for fishing group" into area/guild chat you might be surprised how many responses you get.
    Lasertooth
    GM of ESO Grand Designs, Grand Designs Too, and Grand Designs Trinity
    Xbox/NA
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still find it funny that it's categorized as a parlor vase. It's either a weird error or somebody was thinking really, really out of the box that day.
    signing off
  • TaintedKurse
    TaintedKurse
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think the boat should be sold but, adding a new mariner style would be neat.

Like a captains wheel, ship railings, a mast, and a lookout post?

Or you could just make those a series of luxury items.

Either or would be cool but, I've seen a lot of naval style houses so I think they would be appreciated.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    oh you get that boat for master angler achievement? How many fishes do you have to catch for that achievement?
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    oh you get that boat for master angler achievement? How many fishes do you have to catch for that achievement?

Twelve specific fish in each of the original zones. It can take a long time to get the achievement. I start by fishing when waiting for a group or guild activity to start then when I get close to done grind it out. If you want the boat a friend wrote a fishing guide that can help make it a little less painful.

http://deltiasgaming.com/2015/04/27/eso-fishing-guide/
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They did 2 weeks of 'luxury' furnishings quite early on with a nautical theme - anchors and so on. Might find some being sold in stores somewhere.

GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • TaintedKurse
    TaintedKurse
    ✭✭✭
    Tavore1138 wrote: »
    They did 2 weeks of 'luxury' furnishings quite early on with a nautical theme - anchors and so on. Might find some being sold in stores somewhere.

I already have all those but, we could always use more.
  • Latonia
    Latonia
    OMG I so want that boat for the bit of river that runs through my Sleek Creek garden. I have recently started the agonisingly boring slog for Master Fisher and this gives me an extra push. Can anyone tell me who I buy it from if/when I get the achievement, please?

Thanks
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Latonia wrote: »
    OMG I so want that boat for the bit of river that runs through my Sleek Creek garden. I have recently started the agonisingly boring slog for Master Fisher and this gives me an extra push. Can anyone tell me who I buy it from if/when I get the achievement, please?

Thanks

general achievement vendor in capitol cities (or global achievement vendor in Vivec city)
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Latonia
    Latonia
    Thanks - I've a long way to go but have something to work towards now.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    the achievement for the boat " Master Angler " took me 3 weeks. 4639 fishs.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »

You'll need to catch 207 unique fish. That's 71 blues and 136 greens from across the first three starter islands, (1 blue each), and from each of the 15 regular zones, Coldharbour, and Cyrodiil, (4 blues and 8 greens each). Look up guides because some zones, too many, have less than 4 water types. Over the course of earning this achievement, I also ended up with well over 7000 fish fillets.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • platonicidealgirlfriend
    there's an argonian reed boat too
  • Sheyta
    Sheyta
    ✭✭✭

Where?
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

pretty sure the boat you are thinking of is part of the island home and its how you exit aforementioned island, rather then a decoration that can be placed
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
  • Sticky_Paws
    Sticky_Paws
    ✭✭✭
    I believe there is a craftable print called argonian skiff, which does not have the little caonpy from the islands boat... It was shown in a youtube video early on in the homestead release... its suoer awesome but seems rare :-(
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe there is a craftable print called argonian skiff, which does not have the little caonpy from the islands boat... It was shown in a youtube video early on in the homestead release... its suoer awesome but seems rare :-(

so I did some searching for it, and the only things I found were images of the pattern, not the boat itself and people on reddit looking to buy it - the pattern. I have a feeling that its one of the patterns that was data-mined but never actualy added to the game :/
    dirty worthless casual.