The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How about undoing the nerf to StamSorc's Hurricane

Twohothardware
Twohothardware
✭✭✭✭✭
StamSorc's popularity in PvP has seemed to of fallen off the last few months after the prior nerfs. StamSorc's struggle to compete with the burst damage of Nightblades and MagSorcs as well as the tankiness of DK's. Most of the better players that previously ran StamSorc I now see running those other classes or StamTemplar/StamWarden, classes with higher burst damage than StamSorc.

How about reverting the prior nerf to Hurricane at least in part to put it back in a stronger place in PvP? Not asking for a full revert, but enough so that Hurricane deals more competitive damage against players again.
Edited by Twohothardware on August 8, 2017 11:01PM
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't like your hurricane, how about swapping it for inferno?
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teridaxus wrote: »

Inferno needs to be redone on the StamDK side but with MagDK Flames of Oblivion deals pretty solid damage.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :D
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as the damage scales with stamina + wep, costs magicka to cast, the tooltip changes to "amplify (magicka cost) your movements (stam base) to cause gusts of wind to shear across nearby land dealing [x] Physical Damage" gets overhauled VFX, gets the Major Expedition and damage from Boundless Storm, and Boundless Storm now becomes the one that grows in size with lower initial damage, then I'm all for it.
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on August 9, 2017 4:48AM
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hurricane isn't the reason they aren't used much in PvP...

Heavy armor meta somewhat going is what makes stamsorc harder. Which translates to meta jumpers switching.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »

Heavy armor meta somewhat going is what makes stamsorc harder. Which translates to meta jumpers switching.

Sí. Constitution nerf ensured that d/d got less frequent although it's needed more often since MW update's sustain changes. I barely see any sSorcs anymore. Run into a handfull only last weeks.

I wouldn't dare to say sS are at the bottom. And I surely wont deny that other classes need love as well.

However, I think the whole stamina side of the class needs a fine tuning (don't read as buff only).

Like OP rightfully statet, sS feels like a good-at-everything class that somehow still struggles to compete against "specialized" classes. Mobility is great, no need to discuss here. But the severe lack of class intern spam, a real gap closer, ranged damage and debuffs all together, combined really put some heavy restrictions on them since they have to build around the weapons they have to use. Also half the class passives are borderline useless on stam.

DW -> no gap closer, no burst outside of DB, no debuffs
    1hs -> no active execute, down on your luck if implosion hits.
    2h -> no instant spam, no debuffs.

See where this is going? You can't fill the drawbacks of your weapon choices with class skills like others can.

So I think there are a lot of potential things to do, like nobody uses Crystal Blast anyway...
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on August 9, 2017 8:29AM
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You mean the d/d and constitution nerfs last patch DID impact stamsorcs significantly just like I said It would..???

How bout that?

(btw, I'm running mine with med now and no dark-deal - and yeah, it feels like something is lacking).

For me, I think, I want to have the stam recov passive active without needing to sacrifice 2 skill-slots that I don't have space for. It just seems messed up that magsorcs have easier access to it, but don't get as much out of it.
    Edited by Biro123 on August 9, 2017 8:36AM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    You mean the d/d and constitution nerfs last patch DID impact stamsorcs significantly just like I said It would..???

How bout that?

(btw, I'm running mine with med now and no dark-deal - and yeah, it feels like something is lacking).

For me, I think, I want to have the stam recov passive active without needing to sacrifice 2 skill-slots that I don't have space for. It just seems messed up that magsorcs have easier access to it, but don't get as much out of it.

I remember. Anyone with an sS probably have seen this coming. The increased d/d duration + the time you can't do anything afterwards doesn't really help either.

Like I said, so many thing that could be changed to help sSorcs. The passives alone:

Rebate, Expert Summoner and Exploitation are borderline useless to stams.
    Capacitator, Blood Magic, Persistance and Daedric Protection are usefull for stams too but easier to integrate for magick toons.
    I would even say that Expert Mage is more benefical for mag Sorcs since you put far more class skills on your mS.
    Implosion... is a topic of it's own. An unfair and unreliable passive for both ends.

And the skills...There is one (1) stamina skill that actually does damage. And that one got gutted by 75% of it's max damage.

• Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Teridaxus wrote: »

Inferno needs to be redone on the StamDK side but with MagDK Flames of Oblivion deals pretty solid damage.

Obama-lol.gif
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sure the state of StamSorc in PvP is due to a range of nerfs, especially the heavy armor nerf as you mentioned. But I doubt ZoS is going to undo the nerf to Heavy just for StamSorcs so that's why I'm asking they at least look at undo'ing the nerfs to Hurricane or some other possible buffs to get this class back in a more competitive state with these OP classes Nightblade and MagSorc.
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they could at the very least improve a couple of the StamSorc's Passives. As someone else mentioned the Daedric Protection passive which gives a bonus of Health and Stamina recovery benefits MagSorcs far more than StamSorcs because you have to slot a Daedric Summoning skill to get the bonus and that skill line has nothing viable for StamSorc outside of Bound Armor which requires two skill slots and has so little value at least for PvP that noone runs in. The Daedric Protection passive should just be given with no requirement to slot a skill.
    Edited by Twohothardware on August 10, 2017 9:32PM
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sure the state of StamSorc in PvP is due to a range of nerfs, especially the heavy armor nerf as you mentioned. But I doubt ZoS is going to undo the nerf to Heavy just for StamSorcs so that's why I'm asking they at least look at undo'ing the nerfs to Hurricane or some other possible buffs to get this class back in a more competitive state with these OP classes Nightblade and MagSorc.

Your asking for a buff for a class thats not needed.

Stam sorc is still strong as a class, they don't need buffs, the don't need buffs just because the meta jumpers switched and theres been a fall in popularity.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stam sorc is still strong as a class, they don't need buffs, the don't need buffs just because the meta jumpers switched and theres been a fall in popularity.

If you read what you wrote very carefully you will realize why this statement in bold contradicts the very point you are trying to make.

Ask yourself *why* did they switch.
    Edited by Cathexis on August 13, 2017 7:28PM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cathexis wrote: »

If you read what you wrote very carefully you will realize why this statement in bold contradicts the very point you are trying to make.

Because there is stronger. Not because stamsorc is weak.

Its up there with stamDK for DPS due to passives, and surpasses it for PvP. Stamsorc doesn't need a buff, not everything has to be FOTM to be strong, stop crying.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I feel really powerful on my stam Sorc. The only limitations I feel are bar space after running bound armaments. It is by far my strongest pvp build.

Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's just meta jumpers after the heavy armour/viper/tremor nerf. Same reason your gonna see way less try hard nightblades after the nerfs hit to viper.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

hurricane completely removes any and all out of stealth.
    it is overpowered and should not be able to do that.
    please remove hurricane from the skills.

i watched a sorcerer use hurricane on a castle keep flag solo, and almost the entire Room was lit up from his hurricane.
    and not only that, he was able to keep it permanently active.
    that's just rediculas that a skill like that can even happen!
  • Balthyzar
    Balthyzar
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcerers are meant to be a magicka based class. Don't whine because you decided to spec it towards something it was never meant to do. You are stuck building around the weapons you chose to use because a sorcerer uses sorcery which is Magick and you want to use stamina. You should feel blessed that zos even decided to give you stamina morph options on what should be a purely magicka based class.
    Balthyzar,
    Heir to House Dagoth & last of the Aundae
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Balthyzar wrote: »
    Sorcerers are meant to be a magicka based class. Don't whine because you decided to spec it towards something it was never meant to do. You are stuck building around the weapons you chose to use because a sorcerer uses sorcery which is Magick and you want to use stamina. You should feel blessed that zos even decided to give you stamina morph options on what should be a purely magicka based class.

You clearly have no idea how this game works. Every class is intended to be played as both stamina and magicka and StamSorc is just as much of a thing as a Stamina Dragonknight or Nightblade. In ESO a StamSorc fills the roll of a Spellsword, armored mages who employ the use of weapons.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please buff my class :p

But seriously it s fine at the moment, does not really need a buff :)
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please nerf this thread!
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »

Its up there with stamDK for DPS due to passives, and surpasses it for PvP. Stamsorc doesn't need a buff, not everything has to be FOTM to be strong, stop crying.

Outside of 1v1s both of those are absolute garbage for pvp though.

StamDK < Stamsorc < Stamwarden are the bottomtier pvp classes for open world cyrodiil imo.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• asuzab16_ESO
    asuzab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I play a stam sorc, yes hurricane is way too op and it should be nerf, but please don't because it's fun rolling over everyone with it :#

More seriously, I don't see any reason to go back to what it was. I already feel dirty enough playing my stam sorc, not need to be even more powerful.

Edited by asuzab16_ESO on August 14, 2017 12:58PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play a stam sorc, yes hurricane is way too op and it should be nerf, but please don't because it's fun rolling over everyone with it :#

More seriously, I don't see any reason to go back to what it was. I already feel dirty enough playing my stam sorc, not need to be even more powerful.

thank you for your honesty.
    having a huge circle that brings everyone and everything out of stealth and does damage at same time with 100% uptime is truely overpowered.
    just should not be able to do that.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because other setups was easier and stronger not because stam sorc got weaker.

Also because there was new classes.

The meta jumpers would of course go on a proc nb because it's easier and more effective.

Stam sorc did not get weaker and new more easy and noob friendly setup appeared. Stack procs and use incap.
    PS4 EU DC

• leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

StamDK < Stamsorc < Stamwarden are the bottomtier pvp classes for open world cyrodiil imo.

Stam sorc? The stamina class with the best sustain and best mobility is weak?
    PS4 EU DC

• Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

Stam sorc? The stamina class with the best sustain and best mobility is weak?

Are we referring to Dark Deal with your sustain comment? I won't argue about Streak, since its a great skill. But Dark Deal just isn't something I want to be pressing a button for in this current patch.
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam sorc is fine right now. People just need to learn how to build them. Since there aren't as many public builds out there because of the meta leaving stam sorc.

I have 40k stam, 27k health, 2.4k wpn dmg in 5 heavy with all prismatic armor glyphs. Yes I have to use bound armor on both bars, but I get 20% regen buff and the extra 8% stam. Get rid of dark deal or leave it on your overload bar unless you are truly only pumping damage with no sustain.

Edit: sets are shacklebreaker/spriggans/2pc monster
    Edited by TBois on August 14, 2017 10:27PM
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBois wrote: »
    Stam sorc is fine right now. People just need to learn how to build them. Since there aren't as many public builds out there because of the meta leaving stam sorc.

I have 40k stam, 27k health, 2.4k wpn dmg in 5 heavy with all prismatic armor glyphs. Yes I have to use bound armor on both bars, but I get 20% regen buff and the extra 8% stam. Get rid of dark deal or leave it on your overload bar unless you are truly only pumping damage with no sustain.

Dark deal is half the reason to go stam sorc.
    PS4 EU DC

• TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBois wrote: »

Dark deal is half the reason to go stam sorc.

It's one reason. Personally I think many use it as a crutch. i like stacking regen as a wood elf, but I have it on my overload bar. I love interrupting other sorcs that use it.

Edit: To elaborate a little, to use dark deal most effectively you need to create space. If you are already creating space it's easy enough to switch to your overload bar.
    Edited by TBois on August 14, 2017 11:05PM
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube