The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

vMA Endboss and beeing a vamp? (CG)

Trashs1
Trashs1
✭✭✭
hello everyone.

im in stage 9 of vma with my vampire pet sorc and have really problems vs this crematorium guards.

because of the most dmg from them is fire i can kill them only if i use:

a) my destro ult
b) a sigil or
c) gold ghost stun

thats ok until the final boss phase.

now, if i do make a mistake and get thrown off the upper ring, i have to face a new cg and dont have ghosts and want so safe my ult for the final phase of the fight.

is it significant easyer for non vampires to kill this ***?

thx
Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually remove my vampire stage for arena 8 and 9, makes it much easier

This aside you can either avoid the damage by turning/revolving around the CG or spamming your shield until is over.
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    I usually remove my vampire stage for arena 8 and 9, makes it much easier

This aside you can either avoid the damage by turning/revolving around the CG or spamming your shield until is over.

thanks. i will try it. i only hope this vamp stage reducing potions arent too expensive... :(
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The "potion" he talks about is called "Double-Bloody Mara" (a drink) that is quite expensive. If you´re stage 4 of Vampire-ism is to feed before you go into vMA. You don´t need the extra sneakspeed that you get from stage 4 anyway. I have more trouble with stage 8 (the Flame-knight hits like a truck) more than stage 9 to be honest when it comes to fire-damage.

But the best tip is just to burst the crematorial guardian before he turns into flames, same thing goes for all mobs in vma. :D
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    sorry for noob question

how can u feed up? is there another way as with the double bloody mara to get in lower vamp stages?

im not able to burst them in 2 secs before they start to spit fire :/
    Edited by Trashs1 on July 31, 2017 6:13AM
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just move to an humanoid mob from behind while crouching

Use the X button synergie when "feed" appears in the middle of the screen

Beware of the blade of woe synergie that can be activated by accident (I think blade of woe appears when you are slightly closer but the distance are very close so you need to pay attention)

Drinking blood from one mob reduces your vampire stage by 1
  • Wizball1987
    Wizball1987
    ✭✭✭
    Sneak behind a human npc and press x lol
    Also the revolving around crem guard is defo a good move...dont forget to sprint and lay your dots down :)
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    many thx for answers!
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only recently vamped up (within the past few months), and one of the worries that I had was, "How badly is this going to hurt me in vMA?!"

So the first few times I did vMA after becoming a vampire, I'd reduce my stage down to 2.

And then one day I was in a hurry and forgot to lower my vamp stage and did vMA as stage 4. And... nothing felt different. So I've been doing vMA as a stage 4 vamp ever since.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    are u maybe a dunmer or max cp? im only cp415 and im going to give it a try..
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    I only recently vamped up (within the past few months), and one of the worries that I had was, "How badly is this going to hurt me in vMA?!"

So the first few times I did vMA after becoming a vampire, I'd reduce my stage down to 2.

And then one day I was in a hurry and forgot to lower my vamp stage and did vMA as stage 4. And... nothing felt different. So I've been doing vMA as a stage 4 vamp ever since.

Maybe you're already mastering it quite well but I can sure feel the difference. If i have a harder time in arena 8, I look at my vampire stage and find the cause immediatly (I forgot to reduce its stage)

I go to stage 1 for the arena
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    or he have such high dmg that he can get them fast enough down to not feel anything ^^
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trashs1 wrote: »
    or he have such high dmg that he can get them fast enough down to not feel anything ^^

If anyone wonders what vma is all about read this quote.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being a vamp for 8&9 sucketh.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • TARAFRAKA
    TARAFRAKA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Being a vamp for 8&9 sucketh.

you get used to it. then you dont notice it again. been stage 4 on all mag chars for over a year. dont think ive ever fed for anything, vma or trial etc. key is to kill faster than you can be killed. takes practice.