Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

9 Sets getting nerfed, which one it will be?

• Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Amberplasm, and Necro will probably be nerfed.

I don´t get why everyone is expecting amber to get hit.

If they nerf amber by just 10% shacklebreaker will be outperforming it. I think it´s ok for a dropped dlc set to be marginally better than a crafted set.

I know right.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

If they nerf amber by just 10% shacklebreaker will be outperforming it. I think it´s ok for a dropped dlc set to be marginally better than a crafted set.

The fact that it gives the most stam regen in the game, and it's a magicka set irritates me. That's the only thing I think needs to be reduced.

Also I prefer Shackle since I can craft it.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any Nerf to necropotence will just make it useless, it should not perform worst than Hulk. If reduced, 5th piece bonus to 2000 / 2500 magicka then this will be garbage set like black rose (BR may be used by some but necro will be useless)

If it got nerf then surely its better to slot drstruction mastery which also not require to slot pet!

Necro nerf will mostly hit PVE mag sorc!
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on July 31, 2017 3:48AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Masel92 wrote: »
    SodanTok wrote: »
    inb4 Necro 5th bonus buff because it got relatively weaker compared to 1-4 max magicka buffs :)

I certainly wouldn't mind it for my warden. They need a huge buff, and even if it comes indirectly through a gear buff, I'll take it. It's just too bad it would benefit sorc too.

Julianos > Necro on a warden.

Twice-Fanged Serpent needs a nerf. Problem is that it's better than spriggan/spinner and therefore those would also have to be nerfed.

Necropotence is only worth it on a sorc. Pets are annoying in trials (in vHoF they annoy me more than they contribute) and stupid in the first place..

Necro does around 1-2% less damage, but the sustain you get from 5k extra magicka is huge.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on July 31, 2017 4:35AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any Nerf to necropotence will just make it useless, it should not perform worst than Hulk. If reduced, 5th piece bonus to 2000 / 2500 magicka then this will be garbage set like black rose (BR may be used by some but necro will be useless)

If it got nerf then surely its better to slot drstruction mastery which also not require to slot pet!

I'm not sure why ZOS would nerf sets, a move that affects other classes, rather than getting to the root of the issue (magsorc being overtuned).

Necro is already a niche set in PvE that allows at least a few classes an option to use something other than Julianos. If they nerf it, they further kill build diversity.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on July 31, 2017 4:38AM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't wait till they come out with the minor buffs to accommodate the adjustments

I'm gonna laugh at all these nerf herders
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gina said adjusting the 5-piece bonuses of 9 sets, nothing about sets being nerfed. They may be nerfed, buffed, or completely overhauled.

Someone had to say it. Beat me to it.
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Necro nerf will mostly hit Shield stacking sorcs in pvp,
    It's a broken set that needs to be adjusted. If not, At least make an identical stamina (Still cant be compared, cuz we cant stack shields based on stam are we?)
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• BraidasNM
    BraidasNM
    ✭✭✭✭
    more hoping some useless sets will get buffed
    Youtube

"I like to think of myself as the good cop and braidas as the bad cop. Hes the little devil on DC's shoulder, im the angel" -Subtomik
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm in agreement with alot of folks here that amberplasm will might get adjusted. It's 5pc bonus is crazy potent.

Nerfing Vicious Ophidian though? I'm not so sure considering it is quite a difficult set to acquire by many people.

As for Twice Fang Serpent well you can't really nerf it to bring it in line with spriggans/spinner as they are overland sets and as such easier to acquire. Also medium armor passives do not give penetration like light does so medium would need adjusting before sets we depend on get touched or else the gap between stamina and magicka in PvE will get wider.

• Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    revonine wrote: »
    I'm in agreement with alot of folks here that amberplasm will might get adjusted. It's 5pc bonus is crazy potent.

Nerfing Vicious Ophidian though? I'm not so sure considering it is quite a difficult set to acquire by many people.

As for Twice Fang Serpent well you can't really nerf it to bring it in line with spriggans/spinner as they are overland sets and as such easier to acquire. Also medium armor passives do not give penetration like light does so medium would need adjusting before sets we depend on get touched or else the gap between stamina and magicka in PvE will get wider.

The extra dps 2-fanged snake gives you are a little over the top in my opinion though (compared to other stamina sets). But as you say, 2-fanged snake compared to magicka DD´s isn´t over the top. I still think 2-fanged snake could receive a small nerf and still be competitive/BiS for stamina builds.

My guesses is that ZOS buff some weaker sets rather than nerfing. I would be very disappointed If they nerfed the next/prectided "BiS" sets. Sets like Julianos, hundings, spriggan, spinners etc are making somewhat of a comeback next patch. BiS =/= overperforming
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amir412 wrote: »

It's a broken set that needs to be adjusted. If not, At least make an identical stamina (Still cant be compared, cuz we cant stack shields based on stam are we?)

So then, why wouldn't they address shields themselves, instead of nerfing a set that other classes use as well?

Necro is used by wardens and sorcs in PvE. It's the only half decent alternative to using Julianos at the moment for warden.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on July 31, 2017 6:02AM
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭
    amir412 wrote: »

So then, why wouldn't they address shields themselves, instead of nerfing a set that other classes use as well?

Necro is used by wardens and sorcs in PvE. It's the only alternative to using Julianos at the moment for warden.

Think of it in this respect: You wear amberplasm you wear two mundus stones for free on top of whatever other mundus your already running. Only TBS comes close to boasting such a feat, but the other set bonuses from that are far from great.
    Edited by revonine on July 31, 2017 6:05AM
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »
    Tyrobag wrote: »
    Buffs to Traine and Shacklebreaker

Nerfs to Draugr Hulk, Necropotence, Spriggans, Spinners, Twice Fanged Snake

Minor nerf to Amberplasm.

No idea what number 9 is.

If anything is going to happen to Hulk, its a buff. Its one of the sets that had the worth of its 5pc reduced due to the 2 3 & 4pc buffs.

this one is arguable depending on your perspective. Due to the 2,3,4 all getting buffed the total stamina is increased by quite a bit from what it is on live. Sure the 5pc is lower as a percentage, but overall the set is stronger.

Hulk doesnt overperform in any aspect,
    used to be good for Stam dk but not anymore.

Battle roar scale to max? Not beyond 26k.
    Earthen stam back passive? Not anymore, 990 flat stam .
    Redguard adrenaline rush? not anymore.

I dont see any justify reason to nerf this set, i actually thinks it should get a buff to stand in line with necro = which benfit sorc / other mag classes way more than what hulk gives to stam users.
    Edited by amir412 on July 31, 2017 6:17AM

• Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    revonine wrote: »

Or they will reduce the light armor Penetration passive as well. At least they should.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    Necro and VD are the only 2 that come to mind. The rest id like to see are just monster sets.

Stamina could use some unique sets though. Id like a stam lich or some form of aoe mechanic.

I'd like a mag Vicious Ophidian as well, or mag Viper and Selene, or a mag Shieldbreaker that goes through Block and Roll Dodge. But it seems we can't have everything right...

Lol oh if we had an equally large list of abilities that go through damage shields as we currently have going through dodge Sorcs would be in tears.

As a magsorc you have no room to talk when it comes to stam vs mag imbalance. This game is essentially made for magsorcs.

No, the game is made for zergs, but that's an entirely different topic...

If the game is made for zergs why does the game not work properly when people zerg?
    Why does the game crash and lag?

It has been astonishingly stable on PC EU even during the event for me. It hardly lagged at all and I didn't have crashes, although Sotha Sil had long queues and a lot of faction stacks in one place several times. Seems NA did get all the server issues this time, it's sad for them, as everyone should be able to play fine.

I´ve played EU vivec in the evenings. Or atleast i´ve tried.

Most of the times it didn´t take more than 15 minutes to get disconnected for atleast one of hour group members resulting in a new 200+ queue and we left the campaign.

The new campaigns were stable for me aswell.
    Edited by Derra on July 31, 2017 7:28AM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The fact that it gives the most stam regen in the game, and it's a magicka set irritates me. That's the only thing I think needs to be reduced.

The fun thing about amber vs shackle on magsorc is: Amber is only better when looking at total stats provided.

If you´re valuing max magica higher (as you should on magsorc) shackle is already better than amber. You just don´t "need" the extra stamrec.
    <Noricum>

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necro and VD are the only 2 that come to mind. The rest id like to see are just monster sets.

Stamina could use some unique sets though. Id like a stam lich or some form of aoe mechanic.

I'd like a mag Vicious Ophidian as well, or mag Viper and Selene, or a mag Shieldbreaker that goes through Block and Roll Dodge. But it seems we can't have everything right...

Lol oh if we had an equally large list of abilities that go through damage shields as we currently have going through dodge Sorcs would be in tears.

As a magsorc you have no room to talk when it comes to stam vs mag imbalance. This game is essentially made for magsorcs.

No, the game is made for zergs, but that's an entirely different topic...

If the game is made for zergs why does the game not work properly when people zerg?
    Why does the game crash and lag?

It has been astonishingly stable on PC EU even during the event for me. It hardly lagged at all and I didn't have crashes, although Sotha Sil had long queues and a lot of faction stacks in one place several times. Seems NA did get all the server issues this time, it's sad for them, as everyone should be able to play fine.

I´ve played EU vivec in the evenings. Or atleast i´ve tried.

Most of the times it didn´t take more than 15 minutes to get disconnected for atleast one of hour group members resulting in a new 200+ queue and we left the campaign.

The new campaigns were stable for me aswell.

Vivec is a laggy cesspool. The idea got dismissed quickly by the community here, but given what you report and my experiences in Sotha Sil, I do wonder if CP do not contribute more to lag than we are inclined to think now...
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The fun thing about amber vs shackle on magsorc is: Amber is only better when looking at total stats provided.

If you´re valuing max magica higher (as you should on magsorc) shackle is already better than amber. You just don´t "need" the extra stamrec.

300 free stam reg is huge. Which stam Set offers that as single bonus? It makes it a real effort to run some magtoons out of stamina. If there were a stam version of this set I would slap this on my stam sorc in a Second. No brainer , so maybe reduce just the stam reg for a bit.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

300 free stam reg is huge. Which stam Set offers that as single bonus? It makes it a real effort to run some magtoons out of stamina. If there were a stam version of this set I would slap this on my stam sorc in a Second. No brainer , so maybe reduce just the stam reg for a bit.
    Amber - 300 stamina regen. But when I block I have anyway zero regen, i.e. bonus not working most of time, and as Templar I must block a lot. Alteration reduce block ability for my char in equivalent to regen is equal to 352. In addition it save 6% stamina on dodge-roll, break free, sprint. And overall makes stamina management better than Amber.
    Another bonus - 300 mana regen I rate lower than Alteration's 6% reduce mana cost+6% reduce ult cost. And for same reason - when I block with frost staff I have zero mana regen, but here Alteration grant 6% reduce mana cost to use spells + 6% reduce block cost.

Alteration is already a bit stronger than Amber for tanking classes. So if Amber will be nerfed = Alteration will be undeniable fotm.
    Edited by Cinbri on July 31, 2017 8:48AM
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe sets with 5pc bonuses that imitating minor buffs - like Healer or Vampire, must get buffed(including Slimecraw), coz minor buffs are real lacklusters.
    Edited by Cinbri on July 31, 2017 9:38AM
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That´s not how it works though.

If you nerf the stamrec by just 50 you´re just better of equipping shackle and aquiring the stamrec (if you need it in the first place which is debateable) with other means.
    <Noricum>

• Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »

Amber - 300 stamina regen. But when I block I have anyway zero regen, i.e. bonus not working most of time, and as Templar I must block a lot. Alteration reduce block ability for my char in equivalent to regen is equal to 352. In addition it save 6% stamina on dodge-roll, break free, sprint. And overall makes stamina management better than Amber.
    Another bonus - 300 mana regen I rate lower than Alteration's 6% reduce mana cost+6% reduce ult cost. And for same reason - when I block with frost staff I have zero mana regen, but here Alteration grant 6% reduce mana cost to use spells + 6% reduce block cost.

Alteration is already a bit stronger than Amber for tanking classes. So if Amber will be nerfed = Alteration will be undeniable fotm.

Solid points, I give you that. AM is really strong but I was more on to mag builds that don't block as much as you described. Usual tactic against a shield stacker is to CC them until/when they run dry to upen an burst window where they can't recast their shields, which get's a lot harder if they stack 300 regen in both resources. But there will always be a BiS and I'm no friend of the nerf hammer either.
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All SETS need a NERF
    All NEEDS a NERF
    first of all ZOS nerfed their Server, and now they nerf all other things.............
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can imagine a new meta coming towards us if necro isn't changed in any way to reduce the amount of max magicka it gives =/= nerf.
    With the changes to shadowrend every class can have a 100% uptime on one pet meaning templars and magdk can also start to stack magicka.
    At the first glance it could make light armor builds viable again on other classes than sorcs and magnb but I simply can not see the full picture and I'm scared that I missed something important which could break the meta again
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »
    I can imagine a new meta coming towards us if necro isn't changed in any way to reduce the amount of max magicka it gives =/= nerf.
    With the changes to shadowrend every class can have a 100% uptime on one pet meaning templars and magdk can also start to stack magicka.
    At the first glance it could make light armor builds viable again on other classes than sorcs and magnb but I simply can not see the full picture and I'm scared that I missed something important which could break the meta again

If Necropotence gets nerfed significantly though people will just go with Shacklebreaker and ditch the pets for more slot flexibility. There will always be a way to stack stats if it doesn't offer diminished returns. It's the same with stacking WD and stamina. Nobody really complains about that though because everyone is so fixed on Sorcs and their shields.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭

U can proc it using Guardian Engine set aswell..
    So stupid,
    x5 necro, x3 Ancient ,x1 vDSA staff .. how much max mag i will reach? 60k on altmer? lul
    Edited by amir412 on July 31, 2017 11:05AM

• Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever makes my existing build better I hope lol
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many people mentioning monster sets and the like..

You know they're adjusting the 5 piece bonus of 9 sets right? Monster sets don't fall under that category.

We've already seen what will happen to selene and tremorscale anyways through seperate notes.
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If Necropotence gets nerfed significantly though people will just go with Shacklebreaker and ditch the pets for more slot flexibility. There will always be a way to stack stats if it doesn't offer diminished returns. It's the same with stacking WD and stamina. Nobody really complains about that though because everyone is so fixed on Sorcs and their shields.

Everyone is fixated on sorcs and their shields for the obvious reason that max stamina stacking got nerfed into the ground while max magicka stacking wasn't touched.

Going to be even worse next update with all the max stat set bonuses being buffed (because why not?)
    Edited by Valencer on July 31, 2017 1:00PM