The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Mid year crown

• malcolmhagger
    malcolmhagger
    ✭✭✭
    like i said before im not gonna cry over spilled milk but, would making the collectible obtainable without dlc achievements really be bad? or at least making it a runebox like the other event items
  • malcolmhagger
    malcolmhagger
    ✭✭✭
    [/quote]You could just play the regular PvP and earn holiday reward boxes, where 98% of the value of this event lives. Otherwise, without the additional content, you are only missing out on a title and hat.[/quote]

easier said than done lol this event is basically "how much AP can I get before i crash again"
    Edited by malcolmhagger on July 21, 2017 9:55PM
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »
    I'm surprised there wasn't this level of outrage when they had double drops in Hew's Bane during Thieves Guild anniversary.

Most people are what's called a builder personality. Missing out on 2x of something you can get a different way, not a completion issue. Inability to ever complete an achievement as a B2P player? Outrage.

I get it, even if I don't understand how someone who can afford a computer and internet access can't afford the DLCs.

Looking at it from a human psychology level, you may be on to something.

Personally, I find the reactions facinating.
    Edited by Cadbury on July 21, 2017 10:00PM
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Laurel and title have the same requirements - both require the Star-Made Knight achievement.

Worst devs i've ever seen, you made MARKETING, *** bad marketing and now you're telling me that i need to pay to get this *** crown? seriously? so i need to pay for you FOR *** ONE LITTLE COSMETIC ITEM?! [snip]

[edit for flaming]

Dude... It's Gina tho', bruh. If you were snapping at Wrobel or Matt or Rich. Fine. Fair game. But Gina and Jessica literally mean no harm. They are here to in a sense help everything be as smooth and efficient as possible. Bad call, bruh... Bad call...
  • Goobertron
    The Laurel and title have the same requirements - both require the Star-Made Knight achievement.

Worst devs i've ever seen, you made MARKETING, *** bad marketing and now you're telling me that i need to pay to get this *** crown? seriously? so i need to pay for you FOR *** ONE LITTLE COSMETIC ITEM?! [snip]

[edit for flaming]

Wow - someone needs a Snickers Bar (or maybe a Sweet Roll in this case).

So to be clear - there will be lots and lots of folks who participate in this event that will not receive very many of the Achievements - and that has nothing to do with DLCs. If you are not a regular, beefed up, PVP player then you will find it very, very difficult (if not impossible) to complete all of the achievements. I fall into that bucket and therefore I expect to not get all the achievements even though I usually do get them all in these special events.

Life is full of disappointments. Get over it.

• starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    as I probably dont feel AS strongly as the ranter above, I totally agree with them. were the other event achievements stuck behind a pay wall?(actual question, not rhetorical)

All BG/Morrowind related achievements are behind a 'paywall'.

All IC related achievements are behing a 'paywall'.

Any achievements that came with any of the other DLC, and even the achievements in the basegame are behind a 'paywall'.

Not sure why this is such a surprise or even an issue around here.

If someone want access to the content and its benefits, they need to buy the content.

idk if its just me but i thought this event was advertised for everyone.

I have morrowind but, unsubscribed to eso plus till the lag and all the issues were fixed.

seems kind of like a big F U to the ppl who dnt want to spend anymore money on them

If you don't want to spend any more money on the game, then give me one reason the devs should care about you.

"We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have Morrowind but I just realized I don't even want those rewards. It's crap.
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
  • malcolmhagger
    malcolmhagger
    ✭✭✭
    as I probably dont feel AS strongly as the ranter above, I totally agree with them. were the other event achievements stuck behind a pay wall?(actual question, not rhetorical)

Any achievements that came with any of the other DLC, and even the achievements in the basegame are behind a 'paywall'.

If someone want access to the content and its benefits, they need to buy the content.

I have morrowind but, unsubscribed to eso plus till the lag and all the issues were fixed.

seems kind of like a big F U to the ppl who dnt want to spend anymore money on them

If you don't want to spend any more money on the game, then give me one reason the devs should care about you.

uhhh because i purchased the base game along with morrowind? so unless i continuously give my money to them, my opinion doesnt matter? that an insane way of thinking...
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Achievements have been locked behind paywalls since Imperial City was released. If is right or wrong doesn't matter. Complaints now are void.
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh no... An MMO is asking people to have all of the content to participate in, well, all of the content. Golly gee... Truly this has NEVER happened in an MMO before...
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

uhhh because i purchased the base game along with morrowind? so unless i continuously give my money to them, my opinion doesnt matter? that an insane way of thinking...

This is sarcasm right?

Once I bought a jacket at Macy's and I expect them to care deeply about my opinion ever since.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want "Store-Made Knight" title ):
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American