Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mid year crown

malcolmhagger
malcolmhagger
✭✭✭
how do i get the crown hat?
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You get all of the achievements. Spoiler alert, the battleground achievement is currently broken so until that is fixed you can't.
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
  • malcolmhagger
    malcolmhagger
    ✭✭✭
    You get all of the achievements. Spoiler alert, the battleground achievement is currently broken so until that is fixed you can't.

so you have to have dlc to get it? ):
  • Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭

so you have to have dlc to get it? ):

Yes. Check http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2017/07/18/test-your-mettle-in-the-midyear-mayhem-pvp-event in the Seize a Crown section. You need each of the (seven?) achieves to get the meta and some of those achieves require DLC.

Per another thread they are looking into a hot fix for the broken one.
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "As you participate in PvP activities (excluding Duels) during the event, you can earn a new collectible hat: the Midyear Victor's Laurel Wreath. Wear this golden laurel proudly, and let it be known that you are a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield!

To show off your prowess and style with this unique collectible, unlock the “Star-Made Knight" achievement by completing each of the seven unique Midyear Mayhem event achievements."

that wording is so unclear. It sounds like the crown and title are earned separately. should be worded as "in order to get the crown" or something similar, not "to show off show off your style with the crown" as if the crown just complements the title
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • malcolmhagger
    malcolmhagger
    ✭✭✭
    "As you participate in PvP activities (excluding Duels) during the event, you can earn a new collectible hat: the Midyear Victor's Laurel Wreath. Wear this golden laurel proudly, and let it be known that you are a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield!

To show off your prowess and style with this unique collectible, unlock the “Star-Made Knight" achievement by completing each of the seven unique Midyear Mayhem event achievements."

that wording is so unclear. It sounds like the crown and title are earned separately. should be worded as "in order to get the crown" or something similar, not "to show off show off your style with the crown" as if the crown just complements the title

exactly ^ thought they had different requirements
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    The Laurel and title have the same requirements - both require the Star-Made Knight achievement.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • PsychoROFLit
    PsychoROFLit
    ✭✭✭
    The Laurel and title have the same requirements - both require the Star-Made Knight achievement.

Worst devs i've ever seen, you made MARKETING, *** bad marketing and now you're telling me that i need to pay to get this *** crown? seriously? so i need to pay for you FOR *** ONE LITTLE COSMETIC ITEM?! [snip]

[edit for flaming]
    Edited by ZOS_CoriJ on July 21, 2017 8:05PM
  • SirGabenOfSteamia
    SirGabenOfSteamia
    ✭✭✭✭

Worst devs i've ever seen, you made MARKETING, *** bad marketing and now you're telling me that i need to pay to get this *** crown? seriously? so i need to pay for you FOR *** ONE LITTLE COSMETIC ITEM?! Die ZOS

That's a good way to get a warning or a forum ban
    And so, Akatosh revealed himself to a young Gaben, and granted him purpose.
    "Grant them Steam sales," he commanded.
    And obey, he did.
  • PsychoROFLit
    PsychoROFLit
    ✭✭✭
    FOR ONE CROWN i need to buy DLC? no, thanks, i dont need this title for moneys, what the *** are you doing ZOS? maybe next event will be like that?: you want to join to celebrate? ONLY FOR 5 EU buy access to Event and get next items:

1. Two hats
    2. Motifs
    3. Memento
    4. Exp boost

Seriously? [snip]

[edited for flaming]
    Edited by ZOS_CoriJ on July 21, 2017 7:55PM
  • Its_Alexis
    Its_Alexis
    ✭✭✭

Worst devs i've ever seen, you made MARKETING, *** bad marketing and now you're telling me that i need to pay to get this *** crown? seriously? so i need to pay for you FOR *** ONE LITTLE COSMETIC ITEM?!

Someone is very angry, but yeah I understand how he feel. Locking the achievement, title and laurel behind DLC/expansion is a bad move.
    Isn't event meant to be played by everyone? And yet people "enjoyed" the loading screen more than the event itself.
    Edited by ZOS_CoriJ on July 21, 2017 7:55PM
    PC NA

Alexis Light - Breton Templar DD
    Likes-To-Tank - Argonian Dragonknight Tank
    Pauline Storm - Altmer Sorcerer DD
    Thunder gro-Lightning - Orc Sorcerer Speedster
  • PsychoROFLit
    PsychoROFLit
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, ZOS, you have few hours to make The Golden's items from DLC able only for players who have DLC ;) HURRY! MORE MARKETING and call it like "Event".
  • AlMcFly
    AlMcFly
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Worst devs i've ever seen, you made MARKETING, *** bad marketing and now you're telling me that i need to pay to get this *** crown? seriously? so i need to pay for you FOR *** ONE LITTLE COSMETIC ITEM?! [snip]

[edit for flaming]
    FOR ONE CROWN i need to buy DLC? no, thanks, i dont need this title for moneys, what the *** are you doing ZOS? maybe next event will be like that?: you want to join to celebrate? ONLY FOR 5 EU buy access to Event and get next items:

1. Two hats
    2. Motifs
    3. Memento
    4. Exp boost

Seriously? [snip]

[edited for flaming]
    Ah, ZOS, you have few hours to make The Golden's items from DLC able only for players who have DLC ;) HURRY! MORE MARKETING and call it like "Event".

You don't "need" items or achievements from this event. They are cosmetic bits of code, held on a server that will disappear once this game closes servers in ~10 or so years. Chill out.
  • malcolmhagger
    malcolmhagger
    ✭✭✭
    as I probably dont feel AS strongly as the ranter above, I totally agree with them. were the other event achievements stuck behind a pay wall?(actual question, not rhetorical)
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    as I probably dont feel AS strongly as the ranter above, I totally agree with them. were the other event achievements stuck behind a pay wall?(actual question, not rhetorical)
    No.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raaaaaaaaaage
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Keep_Door
    Keep_Door
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow ..... no words.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All BG/Morrowind related achievements are behind a 'paywall'.

All IC related achievements are behing a 'paywall'.

Any achievements that came with any of the other DLC, and even the achievements in the basegame are behind a 'paywall'.

Not sure why this is such a surprise or even an issue around here.

If someone want access to the content and its benefits, they need to buy the content.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • malcolmhagger
    malcolmhagger
    ✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »

Any achievements that came with any of the other DLC, and even the achievements in the basegame are behind a 'paywall'.

If someone want access to the content and its benefits, they need to buy the content.

idk if its just me but i thought this event was advertised for everyone.

I have morrowind but, unsubscribed to eso plus till the lag and all the issues were fixed.

seems kind of like a big F U to the ppl who dnt want to spend anymore money on them
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How long do we have to have events tied to the same old base game? You guy's act like they are killing you. Yes you have to have dlc to get the crown and title. Oh wait you didn't buy those? Well that was your decision wasn't it? You can deal with the consequences of your decision like an adult or you can complain like an entitled little kid, either way you aren't getting that title and crown unless you buy the expansion and dlc. That is totally up to you.
  • AlMcFly
    AlMcFly
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have morrowind but, unsubscribed to eso plus till the lag and all the issues were fixed.

seems kind of like a big F U to the ppl who dnt want to spend anymore money on them

...and nobody is barred from participating, thus advertised for everyone. Saying "everyone can participate" =/= saying "everyone can earn 100% of rewards regardless of purchased content." The latter was never advertised.

It's ***, but all mmorpg's do it. ESO is not unique in this regard.
    Edited by AlMcFly on July 21, 2017 9:35PM
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The event is still available to everyone - nothing is stopping them from taking advantage of the parts of the event they have access to. If one want the benefits that come with IC and Morrowind they need IC and Morrowind.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its_Alexis wrote: »

Worst devs i've ever seen, you made MARKETING, *** bad marketing and now you're telling me that i need to pay to get this *** crown? seriously? so i need to pay for you FOR *** ONE LITTLE COSMETIC ITEM?!

Someone is very angry, but yeah I understand how he feel. Locking the achievement, title and laurel behind DLC/expansion is a bad move.
    Isn't event meant to be played by everyone? And yet people "enjoyed" the loading screen more than the event itself.

Didn't they lock achievements and titles behind every dlc? Orsinium, Imperial city, Thieves guild and Dark Brotherhood all have achievemts locked in there. The base game isn't free either so they areally locked behind a pay wall as well.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you strip away all the DLC's, a huge chunk of the game is gone. The events would be very limited, and that's a bad thing.

What ZoS should do is mate these events up with their free trial periods. People can get their achievements and a taste of the DLC at the same time. It's not like people who don't buy DLCs are suddenly going to buy one simply for an achievement and cosmetic reward. Well, not enough to justify the bad press.
    Edited by Wreuntzylla on July 21, 2017 9:36PM
  • malcolmhagger
    malcolmhagger
    ✭✭✭
    After re reading the event page, it does have a note stating

"that some achievements will require the Imperial City DLC game pack and the ESO: Morrowind Chapter to complete."

it just sucks i guess but ill get over it

playing devils advocate, would it have hurt anyone to make the collectible obtainable without the dlc achievements while keeping those achievements?
    Edited by malcolmhagger on July 21, 2017 9:40PM
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised there wasn't this level of outrage when they had double drops in Hew's Bane during Thieves Guild anniversary.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you strip away all the DLC's, a huge chunk of the game is gone. The events would be very limited, and that's a bad thing.

What ZoS should do is mate these events up with their free trial periods. People can get their achievements and a taste of the DLC at the same time. It's not like people who don't buy DLCs are suddenly going to buy one simply for an achievement and cosmetic reward. Well, not enough to justify the bad press.

Not a bad idea, but 2 weeks worth of event, most trial.periods aren't that long. I still don't understand the logic behind getting mad because they didn't buy something so they miss something. Kinda you get what you pay for thing.
  • AlMcFly
    AlMcFly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »
    I'm surprised there wasn't this level of outrage when they had double drops in Hew's Bane during Thieves Guild anniversary.

Because Thieve's Guild can be bought with Crown's (most have stockpiled), and I believe that DLC was on sale during said event. There was major uproar when announced Morrowind wasn't Crown purchasable.

That, and very few items of real endgame value drop from Hew's Bane. Most are for unique, non-meta builds, so nobody cares.
    Edited by AlMcFly on July 21, 2017 9:42PM
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »

Most people are what's called a builder personality. Missing out on 2x of something you can get a different way, not a completion issue. Inability to ever complete an achievement as a B2P player? Outrage.

I get it, even if I don't understand how someone who can afford a computer and internet access can't afford the DLCs.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

First event tied to a new chapter so past doesn't really apply. I see this more as a reward for purchasing the added content than punishment for not having it. Would be a worse move to have a PvP related event and ignore the majority of PvP content.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You could just play the regular PvP and earn holiday reward boxes, where 98% of the value of this event lives. Otherwise, without the additional content, you are only missing out on a title and hat.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●