The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

About soul assault..

• MercTheMage
    MercTheMage
    ✭✭✭✭
    No. It's useless in CP campaigns.
    You just going to stand there like a lemon?
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh its very OP

Needs its ticks reducing to 4 and its snare going at the very least.

also maybe a cost increase.

Remove the skill then. I got hit with a 13k dawn breaker and it ticked for 3k, WHILE getting surprise attacked. That hit in an instant, is aoe, stuns forcing stamina to cc break or I'm 100%dead.

My point is soul assault is balanced by the channels duration and the inability to do any thing else in the process. Sure it drains a lot of stamina to block, BUT, you should have plenty of stamina being a medium stamina player. And if your builds regen is so bad that you can't heavy attack weave once or twice and be back on your feet, then welcome to something called a counter.

My night blade, dk, and stamplar can do fine against it, so can many ppls. Sure it forces a recovery, but so does every other ultimate in the game.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    Huh?

If Meteor drained more stam, I'd rather worry about magicka builds. Meteor, unblocked, hits hard enough to be a threat even when fully shielded. And blocking is complicated for most mag builds.

Stamina builds are still specialized in stamina, so they should typically not run dry from just one Meteor. But it should be enough to put them on the defense for a while, which is my intention. As of now, you can just ani-cancel into a block when Met hits you, never losing your momentum.

Yeah, that's not how this works. With every block medium armor builds are losing more stamina than magicka builds and they are the builds that do have to block it in all situations. If you shield stack and have CC pot on hand you can allow yourself to eat it.
    Then there are magicka builds running 1h+S that do not have any problems...

SImply put the way it is now is fine. At least regarding stamina drain. More punishment in stamina pool by forcing you to block it longer would be harsher on medium than anyone else. With everything else, meteor did fall out of favor slightly, but it still very solid ultimate heavily used in PVP. You cannot say that about most of other.
    Edited by SodanTok on July 23, 2017 12:45PM
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just CC them before meteor hits?

I'm still waiting for my spam that goes through shields. Balance for the dodgers.
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on July 23, 2017 1:09PM
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm still waiting for my spam that goes through shields. Balance for the dodgers.

Seriously, it's amazing that they keep stacking up the undodgeable effects while there is no counter specifically for shields.

You could argue Oblivion damage but that cheese is too broad in scope.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »

Seriously, it's amazing that they keep stacking up the undodgeable effects while there is no counter specifically for shields.

Shields are pretty strong.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »

Shields are pretty strong.

And Oblivion damage kills Healing Ward users
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Tormy
    Tormy
    ✭✭✭
    Have never died to soul assault on any of my mag or stam classes unless out of resources or out numbered :p
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soul Assault is pretty useless in CP campaigns because healing and damage mitigation is so high but in no cp it's great if you know when to time it after you've drained their resources. I especially like it as a counter to annoying cloak spamming Nightblades.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soul Assault is pretty useless in CP campaigns because healing and damage mitigation is so high but in no cp it's great if you know when to time it after you've drained their resources. I especially like it as a counter to annoying cloak spamming Nightblades.

Puh, good thing there are only defensive cp and the blue stars are empty - what a joke. 80k tooltips are nothing special.
    Edit : cloak is the best counter to SA btw
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on July 23, 2017 9:47PM
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use this Ult and I can tell you that it actually kills 1 out of every 10 people I hit it with. Templars can heal through it, DKs and Sorcs can shield through it and Nightblades can cloak out of it. You can even run around a rock and it disconnects. Not to mention that you are not shielded through the 3.5 seconds and I have died to a templar jabbing me as I had Soul Assult on them (damaging me as they heal themselves). :D Try using it first before thinking something is OP. I can only kill noobs with it and I am a magic user with a tool tip of 60K.
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • CromulentForumID
      CromulentForumID
      ✭✭✭✭
      i b Apathy wrote: »
      To all these people saying it isn't OP , they must not pvp on xbox na because Id like any of them to post a video of them surviving a soul assault after getting Hitt with a javalin and a raidiant at the same time ... please post all your links you all mighty players.

I think your problem here is getting attacked by multiple players, not a particular attack.
    • Xvorg
      Xvorg
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      What's all this people saying SA is useless? I have some pelinal's boxes that prove the opposite (like 50)
      Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
      In the wrong house
      With the wrong ascendancy
      I took the wrong road
      That led to the wrong tendencies
      I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
      For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
      On the wrong day of the wrong week
      Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
    • Xvorg
      Xvorg
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I use this Ult and I can tell you that it actually kills 1 out of every 10 people I hit it with. Templars can heal through it, DKs and Sorcs can shield through it and Nightblades can cloak out of it. You can even run around a rock and it disconnects. Not to mention that you are not shielded through the 3.5 seconds and I have died to a templar jabbing me as I had Soul Assult on them (damaging me as they heal themselves). :D Try using it first before thinking something is OP. I can only kill noobs with it and I am a magic user with a tool tip of 60K.

Xvorg's simple steps to kill with SA (NB edition)

1- Forget about penetration, its useless for what you are going to do; 50% spell crit and Shadow mundus. Precise as trait.
      2- Blue stars: forget about direct dmg and penetration, Thaum and Elborn are what you need
      3- Flame reach is the best skill to combine with SA
      4- DoT's are your best friends. Cripple and entropy help a lot. Agony has some uses, and even soul trap can be handy.
      5- War Maiden, Julianos, Soulshine... those 3 boost your SA a lot
      6- Unskinny bop, bop, bop bop (Poison)

Rotation: (out of nowhere) Full heavy -> Flame reach -> cripple -> entropy -> SA... 3~4 dots before SA

(currently working on the templar edition, that seems quite strong)

In the wrong house
      I took the wrong road
    • Torbschka
      Torbschka
      ✭✭✭✭
      On a dual wield magicka warden I use it and pretty much all medium armor players are dead.

Fissure - cliff racer - soul assault (keep in mind, u cant Dodge deep fissure, since soul assault directly aims to target and u start it like 0,5 sec before the shalks pop up).

To quote some1 else here: it skills like 9 out of 10 people :).

Not to mention, with bloodspawn plus shimmering shields expect this combo every 15 seconds from me
      Edited by Torbschka on July 25, 2017 5:41AM
    • Brutusmax1mus
      Brutusmax1mus
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Kuramassssss!!!!!
    • Brutusmax1mus
      Brutusmax1mus
      ✭✭✭✭✭

I kill ppl all the time with it. Mostly medium stam users. But everything needs a counter. Soul assault has plenty of them. However it adds great utility in small scale too.

Nb cloaking around trying to pick off heals or dps while you're fighting? Call it out, sa, they will be able to be gap closed and mage lighted. Not long before it is toast. Mag dk thinking it can block cast forever? Sa will make them drop so you can cc and go offensive.

I had 1 critting a pver yesterday for 8.3k lol. Died before they hit the ground from my spear.
    • deepseamk20b14_ESO
      deepseamk20b14_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      as an NB I love when people waste their ult on it.
      Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
    • Waffennacht
      Waffennacht
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      @Xvorg wouldn't that build love Skoria?
      Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
      1300+ CP
      Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    • Xvorg
      Xvorg
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      @Xvorg wouldn't that build love Skoria?

yup, but it will be overkill too. I'm not for the option of giving 2 slots to 2H set pieces, but if ZoS do it, I'll go for skoria (currently I'm going with 5 war maiden + 5 juianos and 1 Iceheart for crits) as anyone else

There should be enough room for almost all playing styles IMHO.

In the wrong house
      I took the wrong road
    • Killset
      Killset
      ✭✭✭✭
      Soul Assault is over powered in CP and ridiculously over powered in non CP. This is from a medium armor wearers standpoint. And since stamina is slowly being pushed back into medium this ultimate needs addressed.
    • Baconlad
      Baconlad
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I would deal more damage than Soul assault if i just didnt use soul assault.
    • Baconlad
      Baconlad
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Soul assault is so weak...if you think it hits too hard or is too hard to counter. Than you seriously need to L2P, i dont say that often. But its true. You need to re adjust your build to mitigate it if its such a problem for you that you have to complain on forums about it.

Not a problem for any competent player ive ever hit with it. They normally just shrug it off, come at me with everything they have, causing me to have to cancel the ***.

If in 1vX scenario and your complaining about it...remember its a [snip] ultimate. If you have four guys on you and one of them get a dawnbreaker, meteor, crescent sweep, or incap without you properly mitigating it your dead anyway.

Moral of the story...counter it properly, if you cant, then learn to

Edited by ZOS_KatP on January 31, 2018 3:56PM
    • brandonv516
      brandonv516
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Xvorg wrote: »
      Ok people, couple of things:

1st, being a channeled DoT, SAs benefits from at least 50 points into thaum (18.75% extra dmg), that means you MUST use DoTs on your build

2nd, forget about penetration. Any DoT build must achieve 50% crit and that is noticed when using SA. Your crit tick of 4-5K are noticeable (50 points into spell crit)

3rd, there's no better CC support for SAs than flame reach. Period. (oh, it has a DoT too). The knockback implies an enemy not blocking... sure, they can break cc, but it means less block (did I mention that flame staff increase your single target skills like... SAs?)

4th one dot is never enough, you need at least 3. A good trick I use on my DoTblade is to put even 4 DoTs before SA:

Flame Reach -> Entropy -> degeneration (yes, degen over crip grasp) -> Soul trap (started using consuming trap last night and those 2.5k magicka back are nice) -> SAs. You must be quick puting the dots before the enemy get ups after flame reach. Did he blocked SA? No problem, the DoTs are gona do their job. Did he put a shield on him? No Problem, the DoTs are gona take the shield down in les than 3 secs. Did he survived the attack? No problem, put pressure on the enemy by using light attacks ideally a poison is required).

SA is a strong skill in the hands of those who know how to use it

Very nice. And Skoria for the cherry on top?
    • Xvorg
      Xvorg
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Xvorg wrote: »
      Ok people, couple of things:

1st, being a channeled DoT, SAs benefits from at least 50 points into thaum (18.75% extra dmg), that means you MUST use DoTs on your build

2nd, forget about penetration. Any DoT build must achieve 50% crit and that is noticed when using SA. Your crit tick of 4-5K are noticeable (50 points into spell crit)

3rd, there's no better CC support for SAs than flame reach. Period. (oh, it has a DoT too). The knockback implies an enemy not blocking... sure, they can break cc, but it means less block (did I mention that flame staff increase your single target skills like... SAs?)

4th one dot is never enough, you need at least 3. A good trick I use on my DoTblade is to put even 4 DoTs before SA:

Flame Reach -> Entropy -> degeneration (yes, degen over crip grasp) -> Soul trap (started using consuming trap last night and those 2.5k magicka back are nice) -> SAs. You must be quick puting the dots before the enemy get ups after flame reach. Did he blocked SA? No problem, the DoTs are gona do their job. Did he put a shield on him? No Problem, the DoTs are gona take the shield down in les than 3 secs. Did he survived the attack? No problem, put pressure on the enemy by using light attacks ideally a poison is required).

SA is a strong skill in the hands of those who know how to use it

Very nice. And Skoria for the cherry on top?

As I said above, that's overkill... a sexy overkill xD

(By the way, it's debilitate and not degeneration. On my dotblade I use structured entropy for the extra health)

In the wrong house
      I took the wrong road
    • AAbrigo
      AAbrigo
      ✭✭✭
      Baconlad wrote: »
      Soul assault is so weak...if you think it hits too hard or is too hard to counter. Than you seriously need to L2P, i dont say that often. But its true. You need to re adjust your build to mitigate it if its such a problem for you that you have to complain on forums about it.

Not a problem for any competent player ive ever hit with it. They normally just shrug it off, come at me with everything they have, causing me to have to cancel the ***.

If in 1vX scenario and your complaining about it...remember its a [snip] ultimate. If you have four guys on you and one of them get a dawnbreaker, meteor, crescent sweep, or incap without you properly mitigating it your dead anyway.

Moral of the story...counter it properly, if you cant, then learn to

You sounds like all the noobs who use it on an enemy who got 100% health.

It is seriously deadly if you use it at the right time and not like 90% of cyrodiil who spams it at any opponent who got full health or close to.
      Edited by ZOS_KatP on January 31, 2018 3:56PM
    • Baconlad
      Baconlad
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Why...why would i use soul assault just for an execute? I understand perfectly how to set soul assault up it typically begins with an unstable core, followed by dark flare and javelin, and pray they didnt see it comming. Its a weak ass skill.
    • SodanTok
      SodanTok
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Baconlad wrote: »
      Why...why would i use soul assault just for an execute? I understand perfectly how to set soul assault up it typically begins with an unstable core, followed by dark flare and javelin, and pray they didnt see it comming. Its a weak ass skill.

So you used your 100 cost ultimate after CC setup and they blocked it fully and healed up back to full. Now they have 20k less stamina... sure very weak lol