The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

About soul assault..

Sarato
Sarato
✭✭✭
is this skill too powerful?
Take me drunk, I'm home. Fav song: Pony - Ginuwine
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, when you don't have ressources to block/dodge/heal.

No, when you can stun the target, go out of Line-of-sight (LOS).
  • Sarato
    Sarato
    ✭✭✭
    Chufu wrote: »

ty
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Only effective at killing noobs. Therefore hardly worth the slot if you expect some knowledgable enemies.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chufu wrote: »

SA grants the caster cc immunity. So no stun.

• Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use it mainly to drain stamina or shields, however it does kill baddies often. I've used it to provide cc immunity before to haha.
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to use it...

It's excellent for killing weakened or inexperienced players...

You won't be beating the upper tier players with it however; there are just too many effective ways to counter this ability for my tastes...

I get better results by combining Devouring Swarm + Puncturing Sweeps than I did with Soul Assault...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What? No way. It's a noob cannon for sure. Aside from that it kills no one but the unaware half dead. It has SO many counters.

It needs a buff of anything, the only skill tree does
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • br0steen
    br0steen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whats the counter besides LOS or healing/warding through it? Or are those the MANY counters?
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At one point in time, Soul Assault could be Cleansed...

Nightblades can break this ability with Cloak...

Any competent Templar (as well as Strongly built Stamina characters) that's not out of Resources will heal through it without much difficulty...

Sorcs can easily shield through it...
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on July 18, 2017 6:21PM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use it mainly to drain stamina or shields, however it does kill baddies often. I've used it to provide cc immunity before to haha.

This sums it up well for me as well. It's useful against perma-rolldodge or permanent-shield builds. It won't kill them, but it gives me a chance against them that I wouldn't have otherwise. People seem to hate when their build has counters though.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Hoked_on_ponix
    Hoked_on_ponix
    ✭✭✭
    In no cp SA is debilitating to a stamina user. Only counter is to heal, block, and pray. The 70% snare makes in about impossible to LOS.
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soul Assault can also flat out be overpowered...

Me and another player once surprised each other...

He immediately hit Soul Assault...

I hit Devouring Swarm and started using Puncturing Sweeps...

I killed him easily...

Soul Assault ties you down unable to do anything else for 3+ seconds; that's just too long against the better players...

Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on July 18, 2017 6:32PM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Removing the counter to Soul Assault (interrupt) makes the skill too strong. Especially in no-CP PVP- Soul Assault outputs 10-15k DPS, and this is extremely hard to counter without CP.
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is strong, yes. But you shouldnt play on an open field against magickaplayer. Staminabuilds have there strenght in tactical fighting. This has more potencial but need more experience too. You need to make pressure and then run away to restore ressources. Go out from line of sight to reduce damage and other... Magickabuilds are much slower.. You will allways win a fight with hit and run.. Anytime you will cc and burst in right moment and kill that opponent.
    Really you should not have stress with this 1 ult..
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soul Assault is fine. Eye is too powerful because it remains active while gap closing.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't do much damage, and opens up the caster to attacks since its a channel, but it also opens you up to death by draining stam if blocking, slowing and being near uncounterable. People do it from the comfort of their group so you are pretty much screwed.

Meh in 1v1s. OP in open world.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, if in zergs, be thankful they didn't save the ult for destros!
    (^_-)
  • ChildOfLight
    ChildOfLight
    ✭✭✭
    Sarato wrote: »
    is this skill too powerful?

Yes if you cant use Streak or Cloak.

Basically if you are a Dk, you're dead.
    PC EU

Ross Campano - Imperial Dragonknight - Tanks and steals stuff from barrels
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    What? No way. It's a noob cannon for sure. Aside from that it kills no one but the unaware half dead. It has SO many counters.

Like Jesus beam/DK burst strategies, only an idiot would use this ultimate with the expectation that it's doing to bring an enemy from full health to execute range.

Much better to burn down to below 50% health and then cc+rip for that sweet sexy burn.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

Like Jesus beam/DK burst strategies, only an idiot would use this ultimate with the expectation that it's doing to bring an enemy from full health to execute range.

Much better to burn down to below 50% health and then cc+rip for that sweet sexy burn.

Sorcs and Wardens can also combo it with Curse and Shalk. However I agree with some above comments, It's mostly useful in the resource war
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is extremely powerful skill for this cost.

Just compare number at the same character (stam NB) with the same gear and buffs:
    Toxic barrage (bow ult) - 175 cost - 27k channel per 4.1 sec + 20k DOT per 8 sec. Obviously, requires a bow.
    Soul Assault - 100 cost - 32k channel* per 3.5 sec, 70% snare and 2 sec anti-stealth. No special requirements.
    * - Damage numbers from mages would be ~60k channel here.

With nearly 2 times less cost Soul Assault has nearly 1.5 times more damage. This is BS. A damage must be toned down (by ~40% and some debuff removed) or cost increased (up to 200 ult).
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SilverWF wrote: »

Just compare number at the same character (stam NB) with the same gear and buffs:
    Toxic barrage (bow ult) - 175 cost - 27k channel per 4.1 sec + 20k DOT per 8 sec. Obviously, requires a bow.
    Soul Assault - 100 cost - 32k channel* per 3.5 sec, 70% snare and 2 sec anti-stealth. No special requirements.

With nearly 2 times less cost Soul Assault has nearly 1.5 times more damage. This is BS. A damage must be toned down (by ~40% and some debuff removed) or cost increased (up to 200 ult).

Or just make the bow ult like not worthless
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Nice analysis but the solution is to buff the bow ult, not nerf soul assault.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Blocking this on a Stam character drain roughly 20k stam. Meteor 2800ish.
  • Sarato
    Sarato
    ✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »

Nice analysis but the solution is to buff the bow ult, not nerf soul assault.

Well the Bow Ult is already amazingly strong..
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its weak by it self but when 2 or more its 12k to 18k dmg per person and with only counter los or block not over powered just annoying sometime and weak and strong at the same time think it should be changed to a range single target burst ult with a short cast time and keep it like at .5 sec beam so not dodgle able but keep it block-able and remove cc immunity
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm really surprised people fond this strong. It has so many counters. When it first got buffed I ran it for ages and had some kills. Now 95% of players just block or heal thru it.

I've literally only killed the odd noob in a dual..its very far from being OP.. Unlike stamina in general and their meldly of OP proc sets
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Sarato
    Sarato
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really surprised people fond this strong. It has so many counters. When it first got buffed I ran it for ages and had some kills. Now 95% of players just block or heal thru it.

I've literally only killed the odd noob in a dual..its very far from being OP.. Unlike stamina in general and their meldly of OP proc sets

Yeah seems I'm only having trouble with it in 1vXs