The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

stamblade pvp BIS after patch

• Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    akray21 wrote: »
    Defile, outside of incap, isn't that common. Dark flare, reverberating, and lethal arrow.

It's very common actually since wardens have an AoE Major Defile that they can place 28+10 meters away.
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Defile, outside of incap, isn't that common. Dark flare, reverberating, and lethal arrow.

It's very common actually since wardens have an AoE Major Defile that they can place 28+10 meters away.

I wasn't aware... That sounds OP. Are you talking about Frozen Gate? Because that's major maim.
    Edited by akray21 on July 20, 2017 1:39AM
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I wasn't aware... That sounds OP. Are you talking about Frozen Gate? Because that's major maim.

Nope I'm talking about corrupting pollen, and yes it is OP; just like the Cliff Racer.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope I'm talking about corrupting pollen, and yes it is OP; just like the Cliff Racer.

Cliff racer is balanced what are you talking about :trollface:
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For all the 2H stamblades, do you think the 2H maul will now be preferable over the 2H sword to help get back the penetration lost to the sharpened trait? Assuming the heavy armor meta will persist...
    Ace is really good because of the bleed.
  • RazorCaltrops
    RazorCaltrops
    ✭✭✭
    For all the 2H stamblades, do you think the 2H maul will now be preferable over the 2H sword to help get back the penetration lost to the sharpened trait? Assuming the heavy armor meta will persist...

It depends on your target, but if we assume majority of the enemies wear heavy, then probably yes.

Let's say you equipped a sharpened Spriggan's maul. In this case:

%20 from 2H passive + 2752 from trait + 4000 from 5th bonus + 5280 from Surprise attack =

%20 from 2H passive + 12.032 penetration

Against a light and/or medium armor target you're already over penetrating with these values. More heavy armor enemies you encounter, more valuable maul becomes as the %20 bonus is calculated before all other penetration sources (against a 30k resist target, you'll have 6k penetration even before attacking)

Subject to change. Correct me if there's a mistake.
    PS4 EU
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm doing 5 Hunding's, 5 Bone Pirate, 1 Pirate Skeleton (Chuden works too).

2H is Nirnhoned with a weapon damage enchant.
    Bow is Infused with Oblivion enchant.

Drink is Dubious Camoran Throne.

Mundus will be Warrior for CP. Serpent for non-CP.

Any questions?
    @Strider_Roshin do you run vigor back bar or front bar?If back bar you better off using a nirn bow with weapon damage since so you wont have to switch bars every 1.1.5-2 seconds to proc obvilon.Have a infused front bar weapon and you would have a higher uptime on the enchantment.Plus use weapon damage on your back bar with the nirn will give a nice heal.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    KingJ wrote: »

Any questions?
    @Strider_Roshin do you run vigor back bar or front bar?If back bar you better off using a nirn bow with weapon damage since so you wont have to switch bars every 1.1.5-2 seconds to proc obvilon.Have a infused front bar weapon and you would have a higher uptime on the enchantment.Plus use weapon damage on your back bar with the nirn will give a nice heal.

That's not a bad idea. It seems a little cheesy but it might be more effective.

When I get 8 tempers I'll try it out, and see which I'm more successful with.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @KingJ I could also use the Master's Bow on the back for more permanent up time.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't PVP with my STAMBLADE, but I notice that the SELENE bear seems to miss a lot in PVE. I can trigger it with shrouded daggers (although day low proc), but most the time it's more a light show than a help. Sometimes the bear shows up from where I threw my dagger, being far away from the actual target.

Also, does BLOODTHIRST not trigger SELENE? Sorry for this not being about PVP.
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Any questions?

That's not a bad idea. It seems a little cheesy but it might be more effective.

When I get 8 tempers I'll try it out, and see which I'm more successful with.
    Yea that 8 temps thing is what keep me from trying certain builds.It kind of cheesy but it's works.

The master bow is also a good idea.
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bone pirates for sure. To good of a set not to use. As far as the other set either spriggans or hundings. Spriggans penetration is going down although stamina will be going up. At the moment I run 5 bone pirate, 5 spriggans, 2 Selene. Monster helms will still be fine next patch, even if there is a que Selenes is procing.

Next patch I'm going to actually test bone pirate with Selene and twice born star. I plan on 4 or 5 pieces divines instead of impen and using either weapon damage and stamina mundus or weapon damage and shadow. Because the resources on sets are being raised and so are mundus values, TBS actually could be pretty good.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • joe.smith21b14_ESO
    joe.smith21b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Selene eternal hunt and senche.
    Smiff
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Slime Claw ill be using on my stamnb. Tired of buffing up with relentless. Now i can use summon image or caltrops for group stuff.

It also looks pre bad ass. Now that is has crit ill use it for sure.

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on July 20, 2017 10:43PM
    PS4 NA DC
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    Slime Claw ill be using on my stamnb. Tired of buffing up with relentless. Now i can use summon image or caltrops for group stuff.

it only have 1k crit rating (i asumed from the patch notes a doble bonus so 2k) its not that great....
    Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Trashs1 wrote: »

it only have 1k crit rating (i asumed from the patch notes a doble bonus so 2k) its not that great....

yeah but its not cheese.
    PS4 NA DC
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB meta is going to stay the same. At least for No CP. 5 x Eternal 5 x Viper 2 x Selene. Due to the nerf, Viper might get swapped out for something else. But it will probably still be BiS since the damage output is still the same. But other than that, they are just going to change out Sharpened weapons with infused with Oblivion enchant.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    its more an equip, after the viper selene ethernal hunt meta, topic^^
    Just ignore him he hates NB.
    Personally I think spriggans with Bone pirate will be really good next patch but Hounding Bone pirate with the new bonus to crit and recovery will be really good.

Shadow walker a great open world set Combining that with a new damage set will go a long way.Go Shadow walker jewelry and front bar a damage set could be very meta.

You do know sets like Spriggan's and Spinners had their penetration values nerfed pretty significantly....they will still be decent, but not anything close to what they are on live.

I thought they weren't nerfing the 5 pieces, only 1-4 bonuses were getting nerfed for pen. Or did I miss something o:
    Edited by DisgracefulMind on July 21, 2017 7:53PM
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been messing around and theory crafting only thing I still find fun in this game.

If they fix Willow Path a nice setup could be 5 willow with a 5 piece damage set like senche could be a nice setup 1 slime claw,pirate or 1 bloodspawn.Combine that with relentless focus minor endurance you have 23% bonus to your stam recovery while in combat.On top of being a redguard or wood elf that's a big boost to recovery.

This build could be really strong If medium armor had any damn weapon damage boosting set like fury or seven legion or make automaton and swordsinger effect heals.

What is everyone thoughts on Night mothers embrace you can get the jewelry in robust and it has 2 weapon damage buffs
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think fasallas guile could be awesome too, I know it's heavy (I'm a NB in heavy, I just like heavy armor) and the rings are healthy, but with this health regen getting hit from the defile debuffs I think it could be meta, even for medium armor NB. Yes you would lose stam for health but if your solo, or no one in group using it, this could be big. Just a thought.

I currently use seventh legion and spriggans, I think it will still be good also. But maybe with hundings stats boost it would be better than seventh legion now. Idk. Any thoughts? Cheers.

For maximum troll mode add duroks bane to it. Best to apply major defile to everyone attacking u for ten sec with a one sec cooldown.

Regarding 2hand maces/hammers: their pen is added as last factor. So they are not that strong. The less pen u have via skills cp and such the more effective hammers/maces get.
    Edited by actosh on July 22, 2017 7:11AM
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    actosh wrote: »
    I think fasallas guile could be awesome too, I know it's heavy (I'm a NB in heavy, I just like heavy armor) and the rings are healthy, but with this health regen getting hit from the defile debuffs I think it could be meta, even for medium armor NB. Yes you would lose stam for health but if your solo, or no one in group using it, this could be big. Just a thought.

I currently use seventh legion and spriggans, I think it will still be good also. But maybe with hundings stats boost it would be better than seventh legion now. Idk. Any thoughts? Cheers.

For maximum troll mode add duroks bane to it. Best to apply major defile to everyone attacking u for ten sec with a one sec cooldown.

Regarding 2hand maces/hammers: their pen is added as last factor. So they are not that strong. The less pen u have via skills cp and such the more effective hammers/maces get.

wow.. some ppl say the 20% pen is added before all other pen and u say the opposite.. whats now true?
  • TheRealSniker
    TheRealSniker
    ✭✭✭✭✭

wow.. some ppl say the 20% pen is added before all other pen and u say the opposite.. whats now true?

he is right
  • TheRealSniker
    TheRealSniker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why does noone consider Draugrhulk as something that could work? Is that set worth it?
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It has been tested and confirmed by a lot of ppl.
    @Jeckll for example mentioms this as well in his nb guide @ tamrielfoundry.com.

If maces would their pen before all other sources they would be damn strong.
  • Jeckll
    Jeckll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It has been tested and confirmed by a lot of ppl.
    @Jeckll for example mentioms this as well in his nb guide @ tamrielfoundry.com.

If maces would their pen before all other sources they would be damn strong.

Mace applies like this, after armor debuffs:
    455306b9965ad480fef2b302fc54b7dd.png

Jeckll has quit the game. Thanks for the great time.
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yeah but its not cheese.

What you do is cheese bro dont kid yourself...
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    thx for clarification on maces @Jeckll @actosh @TheRealSniker

• deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I think spriggans with Bone pirate will be really good next patch but Hounding Bone pirate with the new bonus to crit and recovery will be really good.

Shadow walker a great open world set Combining that with a new damage set will go a long way.Go Shadow walker jewelry and front bar a damage set could be very meta.

You do know sets like Spriggan's and Spinners had their penetration values nerfed pretty significantly....they will still be decent, but not anything close to what they are on live.

I thought they weren't nerfing the 5 pieces, only 1-4 bonuses were getting nerfed for pen. Or did I miss something o:

I also heard from someone who was on PTS that the 5 pc bonus on spriggans is unchanged.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Umm
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I also heard from someone who was on PTS that the 5 pc bonus on spriggans is unchanged.

5piece on spriggan remains untouched.