Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Dropping Ultimate in non-combat situations by mistake?

• Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I accidentally do this all freaking time because I have Maneuvr on Overload Bar. Can't count how many times I casted Dawnbreaker instead of overload.
    Options
  • snackrat
    snackrat
    ✭✭✭
    I recommend rebinding, if you haven't yet. I swapped Ready Weapon and Ultimate (so Ult is Z and Ready is R), to match Skyrim's default keybindings. You're far less likely to accidentally hit Z, and it keeps weapon sheathing somewhere comfortable.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    In the old days, before console, if you didn't use your ult you lost it regardless.

Iirc. 5 minutes out of combat and your ult dropped to zero. Think of quests with a boss at the end but most of non combat before getting to that boss. Granted, the quest bosses were not a huge challenge but will more challenging than they are today.

When I was a newb I thought ultimates were precious "oh Snip" buttons that had to be saved for dire circumstance, not something you can use all the time as a part of regular rotations. I still play without ultimates or potions when I solo but I've learned that they are necessary parts of combat mechanics not "mistake fixers"

Most players solo with merely trash potions. Heck, vet dungeons I use only trash potions.

BTW, early in the game I changed the keybind for my ultimate. The default is to close to movement keys and "E" which is used for interacting with things. It does a lot to prevent accidental use of the ult.
    Options
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    CarbonX wrote: »
    Have you ever dropped your ultimate by mistake when trying to craft, picking up mats, openning chests, etc? :D

yes, the fire staff ulti, yesterday in normal dragonstar arena (my first run), I did it like 2 - 3 times :smiley: , why is it possible to fire if there are no targets?

I should put it to an another key I guess :smiley:
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worst is when ur in a tough boss fight, accidently target a rat with it Meteor and hear it squeek. Great.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That moment you accidentally Destro Ult as you to enter the door to the boss fight room.... :persevere:
    Options
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CarbonX wrote: »
    Have you ever dropped your ultimate by mistake when trying to craft, picking up mats, openning chests, etc? :D

Not too sure how you can proc off an ultimate while doing the things you've mentioned. However, I do that during a combat situation, when I didn't really want to. Particularly, with console, you have a skill slotted on R1 and L1, then when you transition in your rotation between these two slots and if you're not careful, you inadvertently and without realizing, pressed both at the same time, thus, procking off the ult. Damn it or 'doh, each time.
    Options
  • Lore_lai
    Lore_lai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I occasionally destro-ulti my house thinking I'm in decorator mode. :worried:
    Options
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    snackrat wrote: »
    I recommend rebinding, if you haven't yet. I swapped Ready Weapon and Ultimate (so Ult is Z and Ready is R), to match Skyrim's default keybindings. You're far less likely to accidentally hit Z, and it keeps weapon sheathing somewhere comfortable.

And so lose the fun of it? Nah! :D:D:D

SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
    Options
  • Chadak
    Chadak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its never accidental. I was just casting my Magic Missile at the darkness.
    Edited by Chadak on July 15, 2017 12:52PM
    Options
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chadak wrote: »
    Its never accidental. I was just casting my Magic Missile at the darkness.

I always use my magic missile in the dark. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Edited by max_only on July 15, 2017 12:58PM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
    Options
  • Tezlakipuka
    Tezlakipuka
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yeah, more than one crafting station ate my Dawnbreaker so far.
    Options