Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

ZOS please adjust your prices on the new housing items

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akrasjel wrote: »
    Greed is good ?

Not so much.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »
    Their crown store pricing, particularly(but not only) furniture makes me really curious. There're only 2 possible options.
    1)Their greed exceeds their common sense and they'd rather end up with 10 1k crowns items sold than 1000 100 crowns ones because they can't bear the idea of lowering the price despite it possibly turning a bigger profit longterm.
    2)People actually buy this stuff sufficiently for these prices. Which...if that's the case then that's just sad.

So, which one is it?;)

How other people spend their money is not for you to insult. Yea?

O_o where did you find an insult in my post? Genuinely perplexed.

People buying stuff as such a price is sad, seems an insult to me
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something to add, rarity and scarcity make things feel much better for most people. In the case f digital, infinitely duplicatable, items the only way to do it is via price. There are cheap books for everyone and expensive books for those that want the uniqueness.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Their crown store pricing, particularly(but not only) furniture makes me really curious. There're only 2 possible options.
    1)Their greed exceeds their common sense and they'd rather end up with 10 1k crowns items sold than 1000 100 crowns ones because they can't bear the idea of lowering the price despite it possibly turning a bigger profit longterm.
    2)People actually buy this stuff sufficiently for these prices. Which...if that's the case then that's just sad.

So, which one is it?;)

...are you serious?

Idc about your - or anyone else's - money but I do care for the game and it is sad. Because it means Zenimax has no reason to change their current business model which is largely revolving around fast greedy cash grab rather than long term quality content. SotH cost how much, I forget...1.5k crowns I think? Or was it 2.5k? Let's assume new dlc will be 2.5k crowns even, that's 2.5 1k crown books, or less than 1 book, 1 Coldharbour fancy thing and 1 Soulshriven. Why'd Zenimax bother spending time and resources properly testing and refining a 2.5k crowns piece of content when literally 30 seconds of work copy pasting some of the already existing objects yields more crowns?

Feeding them insane amounts of money for cosmetic objects further shifts priority from actual content quality control to stamping more cosmetic objects at even more ridiculous prices and it can only get worse. Now sure someone might just play for the rp and fluff aspect of the game and have enough money to blow on it and then it's fine for them - it's just not fine for me and many others.

Also, if me voicing my concerns regarding the game we both are playing is insulting for you then sorry but not sorry.
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So, which one is it?;)

...are you serious?

Idc about your - or anyone else's - money but I do care for the game and it is sad. Because it means Zenimax has no reason to change their current business model which is largely revolving around fast greedy cash grab rather than long term quality content. SotH cost how much, I forget...1.5k crowns I think? Or was it 2.5k? Let's assume new dlc will be 2.5k crowns even, that's 2.5 1k crown books, or less than 1 book, 1 Coldharbour fancy thing and 1 Soulshriven. Why'd Zenimax bother spending time and resources properly testing and refining a 2.5k crowns piece of content when literally 30 seconds of work copy pasting some of the already existing objects yields more crowns?

Feeding them insane amounts of money for cosmetic objects further shifts priority from actual content quality control to stamping more cosmetic objects at even more ridiculous prices and it can only get worse. Now sure someone might just play for the rp and fluff aspect of the game and have enough money to blow on it and then it's fine for them - it's just not fine for me and many others.

Also, if me voicing my concerns regarding the game we both are playing is insulting for you then sorry but not sorry.

Please don't take this as me insulting you, but "sad" can also mean "pathetic". As in, you're calling people pathetic for buying them. If you meant that it's disheartening, then I see where the confusion might come in between the other poster and yourself...

And again, the prices on PTS are slapped on, they're not final. The original Homestead PTS had the standardized prices too - Recremen's "400 crowns for a cup" post comes to mind - and that didn't reflect the pricing on Live, like how all the CS items are one crown. These more than likely won't be the actual prices on Live, but if they are, then yes, we have an issue. But wait to see what happens on Live.
  • mrdiamond666
    mrdiamond666
    ✭✭✭
    ZO$ has watched WALL STREET too many times...

giphy.gif
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why I don't do anything related to housing. Saves me unbelievable amount time, effort, and money.
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
  • arpadsweb16_ESO
    arpadsweb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    You forgot the LIMITED DAY, YOU HAVE THREE DAYS TO GET THIS HIGHLY PRICED BUNDLE OF FURNITURE, OR ICONIC HOME THEN THEY'RE REMOVED FROM THE GAME!
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You forgot the LIMITED DAY, YOU HAVE THREE DAYS TO GET THIS HIGHLY PRICED BUNDLE OF FURNITURE, OR ICONIC HOME THEN THEY'RE REMOVED FROM THE GAME!

Yeah, I really hate that tactic as well. Artificial scarcity at its "finest." It smacks of contempt for customers.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Online contempt for the 'poor' or cheap players. Artificial scarcity is the only way to have any bit of uniqueness that most players love. RPers more than any should understand a desire for uniqueness