Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

ZOS please adjust your prices on the new housing items

MornaBaine
MornaBaine
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
The books currently available for purchase via the crown store when you are in decorating mode:

dQjTLC9.png

The new decorative books available for purchase via the crown store when you are in decorating mode on PTS:

d6jtaqB.png

Or, you know, please explain to us why these new books are worth 400 crowns when the existing ones are only 25 crowns. Thank you.
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its purple, better quality but yeah 400 crowns for 9 books is a bit much
  • platonicidealgirlfriend
    The prices on PTS and live don't always correspond, some of the random nick-nack items especially are cheaper on live compared to PTS
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The prices on PTS and live don't always correspond, some of the random nick-nack items especially are cheaper on live compared to PTS

Let's hope that's the case here because that's just nuts!

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We need to complain now so this is fixed by live
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not quite cnvinced that because they decided to change the colors of the letters that they really are "bettter." I need to have it explained to me WHY they are "better."

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »

We need to complain now so this is fixed by live

I hope enough people make enough noise that it will happen.

• Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lawl to those prices
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We Need HuD prices lol
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Even the in game bookcases for 300k have like 25 books on the shelves.
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pic of the 1000 crown book please
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • Haruspex
    Haruspex
    ✭✭✭
    What's even more frustrating is that the new Ayleid bookshelves that have books included are the same price. So you can have a filled bookshelf or just a small set of books for 400 crowns.. :|

I think the prices do need some adjustment.
  • Haruspex
    Haruspex
    ✭✭✭
    bx9hB5O.png
    Edited by Haruspex on July 13, 2017 3:57AM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the prices on live are beyond my comfort level of spending . Crowns cost real cash and I can't justify spending a couple real dollars on a piece furniture that can be bought in game for gold . Bookshelf for me is 50 crown max item not 450 . That puts six book shelves at around $40 . Way too expensive for my taste .
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haruspex wrote: »
    bx9hB5O.png

Wow a 1000 crowns for that... no thanks
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah prices in general for this stuff are way out of the bounds of decency but I guess ZOS is comfortable just doing whatever the market will bear. I'd like them to prove me wrong at least once.

• menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quite happy to spend 25 Crowns, but 1,000 Crowns (about £6 in my world) is frankly ridiculous. I love books in houses... but not that much.

Come on, ZOS. Stop being silly now. Don't spoil it for us in-game bibliophiles.
    'Jobal kha'jay'
  • arpadsweb16_ESO
    arpadsweb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    This isn't just the books. A lot of things while exciting are horrifyingly priced.

When I read that we'd be getting Soul Shriven as furniture, I thought Awww yes, I will get to create my own little pocket realm in Coldharbour. SOUL SHRIVEN SLAVES MADE OF THE STOLEN SOULS OF MY VANQUISHED FOES!

cdcdd324a05b45417b73e9fc13b2d5f5.jpg

Unfortunately...

eUV0B4f.png

A single soul shriven for a thousand crowns! Five groups of four would cost me... 20K Crowns! That's insane, given that their whole introduction in the game are that there's a lot of them, toiling away in their misery!

1K for 1 Soul Shriven is way too much, especially since there's nothing practical attached to them that's unique, like being a vendor, or a target dummy.

1K should equal a small group of them, that way I'd still spend a ton of crowns, and get my ton of soul shriven!
    Example.

UBEO4cX.png

This same principle should be applied to other Crown Store furniture as well, 400 crowns for an Ayleid bookcase isn't okay either - I want to build a library, I'm going to need 30 of them! Nor are 400 crowns for a small row of books, give us quantity for our money, and we'll buy in bulk as well, instead of feeling gauged and screwed over. There's a reason that bookstacks, book rows were selling so well, at 25-50 crowns a piece they were realistic and we bought a great amount of them, best-sellers! A thousand crowns for a book with textures as poor as if they were directly imported from the original Elder Scrolls III:Morrowind game, is very cheeky too...

UJwlm86.png

So bring that attitude back, 1K crowns for a Coldharbour plant stalk isn't funny either.

gaSL1cG.png

Edited by arpadsweb16_ESO on July 13, 2017 11:49AM
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, most of the prices on the new furnishings form Morrowind and now these upcoming furnishings are badly overpriced. I just found the books to be the most glaring example. I'm of the general opinion that NOTHING should cost a thousand crowns UNLESS it is interact-able and has some sort of actual function.
    Edited by MornaBaine on July 13, 2017 11:49AM

• Hammy01
    Hammy01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Their crown pricing for anything on the crown store is all over the place!
    One thing that stuck out was the nice incense thing was way cheaper than a single incense stick.... The stick itself was 300 crowns.... Blows my mind on how they price stuff, almost like they hired a pet monkey to throw darts at a price board!
  • Urkraft
    Urkraft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why changing, it works...
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Their crown store pricing, particularly(but not only) furniture makes me really curious. There're only 2 possible options.
    1)Their greed exceeds their common sense and they'd rather end up with 10 1k crowns items sold than 1000 100 crowns ones because they can't bear the idea of lowering the price despite it possibly turning a bigger profit longterm.
    2)People actually buy this stuff sufficiently for these prices. Which...if that's the case then that's just sad.

So, which one is it?;)
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The prices on the PTS are mostly standardized according to quality. Gold items are 1k, purple are 400, blue are 100 and green are 50. Don't freak out about the PTS prices, they're not indicative of how they'll be on live.

If they are like that on live, that's a problem, though!
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to what happens when you whine about the cost of everything and go on buying refusals. Businesses need money. Entitled players cause prices to rise.

Really though, some people dont mind paying more for new things. If it bugs you that much, what blocks you from buying the old books?
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »
    Their crown store pricing, particularly(but not only) furniture makes me really curious. There're only 2 possible options.
    1)Their greed exceeds their common sense and they'd rather end up with 10 1k crowns items sold than 1000 100 crowns ones because they can't bear the idea of lowering the price despite it possibly turning a bigger profit longterm.
    2)People actually buy this stuff sufficiently for these prices. Which...if that's the case then that's just sad.

So, which one is it?;)

How other people spend their money is not for you to insult. Yea?
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

So, which one is it?;)

O_o where did you find an insult in my post? Genuinely perplexed.
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I know why that one book is priced a 1,000 crowns, it's readable. *wink* *wink*
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • arpadsweb16_ESO
    arpadsweb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

So, which one is it?;)

O_o where did you find an insult in my post? Genuinely perplexed.

He misquoted and meant to write to the scumbag above.
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GREED..

These prices are just insulting.
    Edited by Vanthras79 on July 13, 2017 5:13PM
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greed is good ?

[PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,