The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

An oversight when buffing 1-4 piece bonuses

Yngol
Yngol
✭✭✭
Universally adjusted the values of some 1, 2, 3, and 4-piece bonus stats for all Item Sets:
Max Health, Magicka, or Stamina has been increased by 13.3%
Weapon Critical or Spell Critical rating has been increased by 55%
Physical or Spell Resistance has been increased by 13.8%
Physical or Spell Penetration has been decreased by 22%

Willpower, endurance and agility 2pc bonuses remain unchanged though, thus losing their "competitive edge"... Please apply the buff to them as well, as they are 2-3pc bonuses as well :smile:
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yngol wrote: »
    Universally adjusted the values of some 1, 2, 3, and 4-piece bonus stats for all Item Sets:

Willpower, endurance and agility 2pc bonuses remain unchanged though, thus losing their "competitive edge"... Please apply the buff to them as well, as they are 2-3pc bonuses as well :smile:

if anything they need to have 2.5x buffed compaired to 5 sets to compensate for the lack of diversity
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Erraln
    Erraln
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh, these things were added with the Imperial City update to provide regearing pressure and economic advantage to those who shelled out for the DLC. That purpose has been claimed by Slayer sets in raiding, and zone farming overall. Their time was two years ago.
  • JarlUlfric
    JarlUlfric
    ✭✭✭✭
    Erraln wrote: »
    Eh, these things were added with the Imperial City update to provide regearing pressure and economic advantage to those who shelled out for the DLC. That purpose has been claimed by Slayer sets in raiding, and zone farming overall. Their time was two years ago.

They aren't used in Raiding. I know a lot of people who use them in PvP.
    True High King
    Member since August 2013.
    Eastmarch Trade Company | Washed Up Raiders | Order of the Bear (RIP 4.17.2015 - 5.31.2019)
    EP | Björn Járnsída | Dragonknight Tank
    EP | First-Rank Ansei | Stamina Nightblade
    EP | Advancing Yokeda | Stamina Sorceror
    EP | Immortal Yokeda | Stamina Necromancer
    EP | Resilient Yokeda | Stamina Dragonknight
    EP | Talvos Sari | Magicka Sorcerer
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JarlUlfric wrote: »

Exactly, in addition there is the Potentates and Vengeance sets that are useful outside of PVP.

Looks as if those sets I mentioned did receive a buff, though Endurance/Willpower/Agility did not.
    Edited by Sordidfairytale on July 11, 2017 5:01AM
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • Own
    Own
    ✭✭✭✭
    very insightful!
  • Anne_Firehawk
    Anne_Firehawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JarlUlfric wrote: »

They are being used. Example would be third boss in vhof on magicka Nightblade.
    Anne Firehawk | Legate | Bringer of Light | Voice of Reason | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Magicka DK forever
    GUAR SQUAD OP
    All Hardmodes done, WTB content.
    Cancercrates are ruining the game

DD | Phoenix Reborn
    GM | Tamriels Emporium

#permabanAPFlippers
  • Yngol
    Yngol
    ✭✭✭
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not really issue that would kill these sets, but wearing them will feel worse and there is no reason why they should be so weird now.
    Even more when everything got so equalized and now these sets that used to be '4piece worth on 3 piece' are something around 'less than 4 piece worth on 3 piece'

No need to kill diversity like with removal of PVP enchants. Tho I believe this is just oversight.
    Edited by SodanTok on July 11, 2017 2:22PM
  • paul_j
    paul_j
    ✭✭✭
    Nice! Good catch!
  • Glamdring
    Glamdring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agility not affected by the changes? It says All item sets?!?!?!

@Wrobel
  • Yngol
    Yngol
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno could we have an acknowledgement? :smile:
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone confirm if necro/ancient grace are affected by these changes?
  • Yngol
    Yngol
    ✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »
    Can someone confirm if necro/ancient grace are affected by these changes?

the 5pc of necro isn't (nor should it be since it's a 5pc) and since the 3pc of ancient grace is a % based thing as opposed to a flat value, it remains unaffected as well
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, i wanted to post about this too. Think these sets need the aproppiate buff too.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yes, willpower should go from 1410 to 1598

Potentates and other 3-pc sets probably need a complete overhaul. (Exception grace of the ancients, which remains competitive in certain builds.
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ishammael wrote: »
    yes, willpower should go from 1410 to 1598

Potentates and other 3-pc sets probably need a complete overhaul. (Exception grace of the ancients, which remains competitive in certain builds.

cannot agree more..some of those 3pc sets need an overhaul desperately
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Yngol I wasn't talking about the 5p and the 3p, I was talking about the 2,3,4p and 2p respectively ;)
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »

if anything they need to have 2.5x buffed compaired to 5 sets to compensate for the lack of diversity

Over-buffing willpower/agiliy will lead to less diversity. Remember when everyone just ran a 5 piece/willpower or agility/ undaunted/malestrom weapons? They should just get buffed to match the 1.5x value of the new stats.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys are crazy. I wear willpower on my sorc and agility on my DK and the changes you are proposing would be absolutely overpowering.

Take a 5 piece set.
    Then take a 3 piece set like agility and combine it with a 2 piece monster set

You will get far more stat bonuses from the 3/2 combo than the 5 piece, and the monster set proc is usually better than most 5 piece bonuses.

This allows people using a 2H or a staff to have comparable stats to a shield / DW user. Especially now that viper is nerfed.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    You guys are crazy. I wear willpower on my sorc and agility on my DK and the changes you are proposing would be absolutely overpowering.

Take a 5 piece set.

You will get far more stat bonuses from the 3/2 combo than the 5 piece, and the monster set proc is usually better than most 5 piece bonuses.

This allows people using a 2H or a staff to have comparable stats to a shield / DW user. Especially now that viper is nerfed.

We are just asking to maintain them as they currently are. 1.5x of normal set bonuses.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh man if they buffed Willpower/Agility you can damn well bet it'd be BiS for most things. Hell, quite a few magblades run Willpower + Scathing for vMA and it is hella strong.
  • Yngol
    Yngol
    ✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

Take a 5 piece set.

We just asking for willpower, agility and such to be updated in line with the other sets; not to be buffed disproportionately!
  • Yngol
    Yngol
    ✭✭✭
    Scyantific wrote: »
    Oh man if they buffed Willpower/Agility you can damn well bet it'd be BiS for most things. Hell, quite a few magblades run Willpower + Scathing for vMA and it is hella strong.

Except every other set that gives max mag/stam/health is getting buffed; except for them :(
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They would have to give it a pretty big buff to beat out minor slayer.
  • Glamdring
    Glamdring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ofc is should be buffed accordingly
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Except every other set that gives max mag/stam/health is getting buffed; except for them :(

Ok let's look at the boost those are getting.
    Stat bonuses are getting a 13.5% increase

Now we get a gold level julianos mag bonus: 967 Max Magicka
    With a 13.5% increase that is only 1097 Max Magicka at gold level. Purple Willpower still outranks it by nearly 300 magicka

Now let's say we get gold level willpower, mag bonus of 1451. A 13.5% increase would give us nearly 1700 magicka. For a 2 piece bonus. Think about that for a minute. That's over half of the Hulking Draugr 5pc bonus for Agility, and almost half of the Necropotence 5pc bonus.
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »

They would have to give it a pretty big buff to beat out minor slayer.
    I've stopped using my Moondancer in vMA on my mageblade because Z screwed up the way executes scale. Magblade 1 uses Willpower + Julianos and Magblade 2 uses Scathing + Willpower
    Edited by Scyantific on July 11, 2017 6:53PM
  • Yngol
    Yngol
    ✭✭✭
    967/1451= 0.667 1097/1700= 0.667 (roughly)... meaning it would stay CONSISTENTLY stronger than other 2set bonuses
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that willpower, endurance and agility 2pc bonuses should be increased to maintain their competitiveness (i.e., so as not to indirectly nerf them).
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just letting you all know that these were intentionally not changed.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just letting you all know that these were intentionally not changed.

Welp, time to sell it seems.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.