Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Housing Tricks, what are yours

freespirit
freespirit
✭✭✭✭✭
So I have many but a lot of them just involve sinking items into the ground to achieve the effect I want.

However something that has always bugged me is the lack of flames on fires......

I have sunk so many different braziers into the ground to get my flames.

This evening I finally became a very happy bunny.......

33vhmw6.png

Man those Daedric Table Braziers have a lot of flame!! :)
When people say to me........
"You're going to regret that in the morning"
I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your food will be overcooked. :D

SERVER: NA PLATFORM: PC OS: Windows 10 CLIENT: Steam ESO PLUS: Yes

CHAMPION POINTS: 1290+

CHARACTER #1: Dragonknight | Stamina | Nord | EP #2: Dragonknight | Magicka | Dark Elf | EP #3: Nightblade | Magicka | Dark Elf | EP #4: Sorcerer | Magicka | High Elf | AD #5: Templar | Magicka | High Elf | AD #6: Sorcerer | Stamina | Redguard | DC #7: Sorcerer | Stamina | Orc | DC #8: Nightblade | Stamina | Bosmer | AD #9: Nightblade | Stamina | Khajiit | AD #10: Warden | Magicka | Argonian | EP #11: Dragonknight | Stamina | Orc | DC #12: Necromancer | Magicka | High Elf | AD

MAIN ACHIEVEMENTS PVE
    • Grand Master Crafter, Master Angler & 4224/4334 books
    • 100% monster trophies, 100% skyshards & 1.000.000 gold sold to fences (Black Market Mogul)

TITLES TRIALS
    • Aetherian Archive: Mageslayer (HM)
    • Asylum Sanctorium: Assistant Alienist, Orderly
    • Cloudrest: Cloudrest Hero, Shadow Breaker, CR+1 (ice)
    • Halls of Fabrication: Clockwork Confounder, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    • Hel Ra Citadel: Shehai Shatterer (HM)
    • Maw of Lorkhaj: Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror
    • Sanctum Ophidia: Ophidian Overlord (HM)
    • Sunspire: Sunspire Ascendant

TITLES ARENAS
    • Blackrose Prison: Blackrose Condemner
    • Dragonstar Arena: Boethiah's Scythe, Dragonstar Arena Champion
    • Maelstrom Arena: Maelstrom Arena Champion, Stormproof, The Flawless Conqueror

TITLES DUNGEONS
    • Bane of Beastmen (vBF), Blackmarrow's Bane (vFG), Deadlands Adept, Depths of Malatar Conqueror (vDoM), Forge Breaker (vBF HM), Frostvault Conqueror (vFV), Hist-Shadow (vCoS & vRoM) Huntmaster (vMoS), Imperial City Prison Conqueror (vICP), Jarl Maker (vFH), Peak Scaler (vSP), Silver Knight (vMK), Thane of Falkreath (vFH HM) & White-Gold Tower Conqueror (vWGT)
    • Completed all hard mode, speed and no-death challenges of non-DLC dungeons and Imperial City

TITLES OVERLAND/REGULAR PVE
    • Abyssal Champion, Bane of the Gold Coast, Champion of Anequina, Champion of Vivec, Clanfriend, Covenant Hero, Daedric Lord Slayer, Dominion Hero, Emissary, Empieror, Enemy of Coldharbour, Executioner, Explorer, Fighters Guild Victor, Finder or Lost Relics, Hero of Clockwork City, Hero of Wrothgar, Hero of Murkmire, Kingmaker, Librarian, Lord of Misrule, Magnanimous, Master Thief, Master Wizard, Monster Hunter, Murkmire Prepper, Mystic, Pact Hero, Royal Jester, Savior of Morrowind, Savior of Nirn, Savior of Summerset, Silencer, Star-Made Knight, Style Master, Sun's Dusk Reaper, Tamriel Hero, Tin Soldier & Undaunted

TITLES CYRODIIL
    • Former Emperor (Haderus & Xarxes)
    • Volunteer, Recruit, Tyro, Legionary, Veteran, Corporal, Sergeant, First Sergeant, Lieutenant, Captain, Major, Centurion, Colonel, Tribune, Brigadier, Prefect, Praetorian, Palatine, August Palatine, Legate, General, Warlord, Grand Warlord, Overlord, Grand Overlord (G2)

TITLES BATTLEGROUNDS/PVP
    • Battleground Butcher, Bloodletter, Conquering Hero, Duelist, Grand Champion, Paragon, Relic Guardian, Relic Hunter, Relic Runner, Standard-Bearer, Tactician & The Merciless
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CarbonX wrote: »

Then I'll blame the wife.......... I don't cook B)
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get homesteadocd for precise furniture placement
    Zebendal- Stam Sorc, PC NA
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That fireplace looks good!

Things I do:

-Most homes with an outdoors area, I make a viewing platform with seating so that you can get a good view of the landscape beyond the walls

-Fountains and water features often look better with some lighting (either candles or crystal lighting) below the water
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Get homesteadocd for precise furniture placement

Ohh, thank you for this. This is awesome.
    == Champion Rank 1270 == (PC/NA)
    Brynjulf Wulfsbane - Lvl 50 Stamina Dragonknight - EP
    Thorvul - Lvl 50 Stamina Dragonknight - AD
    Adele Dahzeem - Lvl 50 Magicka Templar - EP
    Nico Torellius - Lvl 50 Stamina Nightblade - EP
    Selenwe - Lvl 50 Magicka Sorcerer - EP
    Adalvas Severin - Lvl 50 Magicka Dragonknight - EP
    Aaliyah al-Rihad - Lvl 50 Stamina Templar - EP
    Drago Crowley - Lvl 50 Magicka Nightblade - EP
    Durok the Thunderous - Lvl 50 Stamina Sorcerer - EP
    Catia Mara - Lvl 50 Stamina Templar - DC
    Brinthir Wolf-Blood - Lvl 50 Stamina Warden - EP
    Goh-Jeera - Lvl 50 Magicka Warden - EP
    Wulf Draconius - Lvl 50 Stamina Dragonknight - DC
    Elise Severin - Lvl 50 Magicka Nightblade - DC
    Thorzhul - Lvl 50 Stamina Templar - AD

Playing since November 2013
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    That fireplace looks good!

Things I do:

-Most homes with an outdoors area, I make a viewing platform with seating so that you can get a good view of the landscape beyond the walls

-Fountains and water features often look better with some lighting (either candles or crystal lighting) below the water

So true, in Ebonheart Chateaux the huge fountain is not moveable BUT a single candle will slot quite nicely into each of the water spouts, creating a "lit water" effect!

Can take a bit of manoeuvring but is worth it :)
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CarbonX wrote: »

Considering your name......

I would of thought overcooked would be ok?? :p
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My trick - buy a furnished house then never go back to it because the decorations cap is far too limited and the Merchant and Banker NPCs are actually a nerf once you go to a house, as you have to run all the way over to them instead of being able to summon them where you're standing.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ϟ Insightful ☺ Agree ❤ Awesome ☠ LOL
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    use orc platforms with Breton runners over them for new levels or rooms in large spaces. the amount of shock I get when people see how many rooms I made and how great the look in the overlook is its own reward ^_^
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )
    Dragonknight - You can't stop the fire, I keep burning brighter. In a blaze defying, I'm reigniting

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
  • PocketNova
    PocketNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, one thing I've loved doing with my statues is putting the dreamshards (blue crystals, stormhaven achieve vendor) inside them to give them a blue glow.

I put the wilderking braziers under ground so just the blue light is visible, going for that magical effect.

Plant a tree, use those ladders from the crown store and widest platforms from the normal vendor to build tree houses.
    PC NA
    Dressed as Wonder Woman
    Living in Hogwarts
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I really wanted to use a Redguard ceiling light(whatever they're called) but it comes with a giant chain making it impossible to use on first floor. But I wanted one on the first floor so I put it there anyway and put a divider right on top of the chain on second floor so they overlap precisely and now you can't see the chain whatsoever :) May have gotten some trial and error to get that part right.

Putting a light inside Breton corner thing where I put the dishes that were nigh invisible because it's so dark there, now everyone can see it just right.

Screenshots possibly coming in a bit ;)
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PocketNova wrote: »
    Hmm, one thing I've loved doing with my statues is putting the dreamshards (blue crystals, stormhaven achieve vendor) inside them to give them a blue glow.

I put the wilderking braziers under ground so just the blue light is visible, going for that magical effect.

Plant a tree, use those ladders from the crown store and widest platforms from the normal vendor to build tree houses.

I like to use the water troughs as planters, and put a dreamshard in them just below the plants - there are many good ways to use lighting when it comes to housing.

Love your tree house idea.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • WanderingBeithe
    WanderingBeithe
    ✭✭✭
    I used some of the stone blocks to make outside planter boxes. I also used them to make grandish fire places inside.

I have the lake lodge and used the different planks to go around the house and connect the various levels. Kinda like in Hew\s Bane.. very sneaky.

If it has a tail it is meant to be eaten.

• bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    step 1. create a sacrificial alter

step 2. dedicate the sacrificial alter to RNGeebus

step 3. profit

d3a0fbb9-b2a8-47b1-9b52-6c06e39b7230.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=YyXqKyonw1W6dkNwnXuio%2BDvNEYM8MADDFkUawNtCo0%3D
    Be?
  • Aurelle1
    Aurelle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I create interior walls using a row of stone blocks along the floor with a tapestry on top of the row. Takes far less spaces and looks decorative as well.

I also construct kitchen ranges from a base of stone blocks with a rectangular fire pit on top. (Can't remember the name of the fire pit/grill but it's in the Crown Store, quite cheap.) I finish off the look with a small platform or planks set into the wall above the range, to hang pans etc from.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The same principel as with flames also works with items like the jester trees or the butterfly bushes, to increase their effect density.
    Jo'Khaljor the bestest stam sorc (out of all 3) EU.

• freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »
    Damn ,this molag bal brazier have also lot of flames :P
    956703Screenshot20170715125654.png

Yes the Molag Bal brazier has cool flames, as does the Valenwood brazier but both are too big to fit nicely into a fireplace. ☺

I absolutely love some of the above building ideas, I have spent hours building platforms, viewing areas, a two storey Skooma den etc etc

At Serenity Falls I decided I didn't like all the stonework that is around the front of the building so I spent a lot of time(and gold) covering it with vines, topiary and bushes/hedges. It now makes me smile everytime I enter there.

Just a quick message to @ZOS please, please, please give us decorators' more slots with which to express our passion!!

Edited by freespirit on July 15, 2017 11:46AM
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also built an enchanted forest........

30ix106.png

10zmxbn.png

• freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lasertooth wrote: »
    To make a stove, use a merchant counter, 3 stones, and 6 Breton torches. If you lay the Breton torches just right, you can have a gas stove with burners you can switch on and off. :)
    u7xNSrK.jpg

That is just so clever, very impressed :)
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh another one I just thought of.......

The chain on the Lantern of Anguish is just so damn annoying!

Placing the lantern upside down but with care(to avoid odd protruding chains) allows it still to be turned on and off.....

and placed on tables, cupboards etc :)
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully this works linking the picture :# I build a fire place in my Strident Springs

[img][/img]JrGghzh.jpg
    PC ign OLYKOS
    Magicka Nightblade
    Magicka Templar
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I used 214 Stone Slabs to build a frame for a cave I wanted to make in Tel Galen. After the frame was up I added some boulders to give it texture and moulded it into the environment using the Volcanic Plug, column, and rock pieces before removinf the stone slabs.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NA

CR1000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50
    Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50
    Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50
    Jorleif the Bear-King - EP DK - 50
    Ko'Shariba-do - EP Sorc - 50
    Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50
    Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50
    More-Tail - EP Warden - 50
    Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50
    Az the Bulwark of Skål - EP Warden - 50
    Rilasi Sedas - EP Warden - 50
    Rayna Andalen - EP Templar - 50
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ixie wrote: »
    my fireplace in Tel Galen, Redguard Counter, Grill, turned on it's side, with 3 Nord Shelf, Braced, over

9qdTwBM.jpg

This is awesome! Good job :)
    PC ign OLYKOS
    Magicka Nightblade
    Magicka Templar