Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 15 - Feedback Thread for Chaosball & Arcane University

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for Chaosball and the new Arcane University map. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Did you have fun playing this new game mode?
  • How many games did you play?
  • Did you enjoy the new map?
  • Was the portal mechanic in the map easy to understand?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Antirob
    Antirob
    ✭✭✭
    General feedback:

Still need a team vs team option. 4v4 or 5v5.

Also having a custom game option where you can set rules, team size, number of teams, sigil/no sigil, etc would be awesome. This addition should be easy to add.
    Vehemence
    Antirob - Dragonknight
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey everyone, just in case you aren't aware, Chaosball is currently the only game mode active on PTS so we can get everyone in there and testing this new game. Give it a try this weekend and let us know what you think!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • wildbear247
    wildbear247
    ✭✭✭
    Instead of Chaosball, I'd like to have what @Antirob suggested...a team vs. team matchup (e.g. 5v5, 6v6, etc.), which is something that's continually been brought up in the forums. When we get Battlegrounds content like this Chaosball, it probably leaves quite a few of us scratching our heads wondering how you decided Chaosball was a more important aspect of Battlegrounds to work on...versus well all the ideas posted in the thread below.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/349053/battlegrounds-bugs-and-lack-of-features-still-no-response-from-zos-updated-6-11/p1
    And I know the OP in that thread was a little salty, but he also listed most of the points that PvP'rs would like to see addressed in the Battlegrounds.

Overall ZOS I really wish you had fully engaged the PvP crowd during Battlegrounds development. I think we'd have a much better Battlegrounds experience now if you had done so. Now that Battlegrounds are out, here I am again with my fingers crossed posting & hoping you really try to engage us PvP'rs (all of us, not just on forums or streamers) to make Battlegrounds better. Communicate with us (surveys, polls, emails, etc.)...ask us what features we'd like to see added. We know you can't do it all, or a whole bunch at once...for now better communication and a few QoL updates based on player feedback would be awesome.
    Edited by wildbear247 on July 15, 2017 2:29AM
    PC NA
    The Ironwood Clan (all DC): Karbal Ironwood (Stamblade, PvP); Galtan Ironwood (Magblade, crafter, PvE, some PvP)

MY #1 ESO REQUEST: An overhauled way in which ZOS gathers, assesses, responds to, and incorporates player feedback on the current and future state of the game.
  • Auldjohn
    Auldjohn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just created a CP 160 Ebonheart Pact Lore-derived Dunmer Warden. He's just arrived in Stonefalls, starting the Tutorial territory. When he emerges his next adventure is Chaosball.
    @AuldjohnThe Elder Sages' GuildMaster Sage & Co-Founderfacebook.com/groups/theeldersagesguild
    "Old gamers never die; they just respawn and game on!" • Our Slogan: Have Fun!!

Moot Envoy • Tamriel Foundry Adept • Steam ID Auldjohn
    YouTube auldjohnmastersage • Twitch AuldjohnPCGamer• Steam Group TESGs
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Instead of Chaosball, I'd like to have what Antirob suggested...a team vs. team matchup (e.g. 5v5, 6v6, etc.), which is something that's continually been brought up in the forums.
    I don't see how that makes sense in the three-sided 4v4v4 setup that ESO's battlegrounds are based on. 4v4v4 is the basis that every new game mode has to be built around.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • MopeyHat
    MopeyHat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Instead of Chaosball, I'd like to have what Antirob suggested...a team vs. team matchup (e.g. 5v5, 6v6, etc.), which is something that's continually been brought up in the forums.
    I don't see how that makes sense in the three-sided 4v4v4 setup that ESO's battlegrounds are based on. 4v4v4 is the basis that every new game mode has to be built around.

But if we break it down a bit, a two team game is just a subset of three teams. Actually creating the instance and UI with two teams isn't unimaginable; but it would inevitably wreck the queuing system (again).

Personally I'd really just like a way to manually do matchmaking outside of a queue so you can pitch guild vs guild fights, for instance.
  • gootdude
    gootdude
    ✭✭✭
    Terrible, quit trying to force 3 teams.

It blows my mind that ZOS figured out a way to make instanced PVP no fun.

In your quest to be "different" all you're doing is picking the features that most games were smart enough to avoid.
  • wildbear247
    wildbear247
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »

@Enodoc

ZOS created the problem because they didn't communicate well with players throughout Battlegrounds development. They can address that now, & if they determine there is really strong player support for a 6v6 mode...they can make it happen if they want. The Battlegrounds accommodate 12 players via 4v4v4...so existing assets can be reworked to support 6v6.

It's not good business to not have a good understanding of what your players want...so I don't understand why ZOS would add Chaosball or any other major Battlegrounds feature without talking with their players first.
    PC NA
    The Ironwood Clan (all DC): Karbal Ironwood (Stamblade, PvP); Galtan Ironwood (Magblade, crafter, PvE, some PvP)

MY #1 ESO REQUEST: An overhauled way in which ZOS gathers, assesses, responds to, and incorporates player feedback on the current and future state of the game.
  • Agalloch
    Agalloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We must have an option to choose which kind of battleground to play.

• CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We must have an option to choose which kind of battleground to play.

Agreed . That way no one will ever play CTR
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone,

Just a friendly reminder that we could really use your help with testing and feedback on the new game mode (Chaosball) and map (Arcane University.) If you have general feedback and suggestions about Battlegrounds, please head on over to this forum section and post it there.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    40 min of que and no even ready check.. Seems NA not really interested in testing it.
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Queuing on the PTS is almost a lost cause due to the smaller player size and spread out log in times. Perhaps holding a dev event where the PvPteam (or anyone else there really) will be active on the PTS to also queue with players would incentivize testing? That way you could also witness a lot of the interactions first hand :) I think it would be awesome if there was an event like that, and could get a lot of attention.
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
  • br0steen
    br0steen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Queuing on the PTS is almost a lost cause due to the smaller player size and spread out log in times. Perhaps holding a dev event where the PvPteam (or anyone else there really) will be active on the PTS to also queue with players would incentivize testing? That way you could also witness a lot of the interactions first hand :) I think it would be awesome if there was an event like that, and could get a lot of attention.

I play on console but if this happened I would go buy a gaming pc, buy eso for pc, download the pts, and partake in such an event. Just saying.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Battlegrounds are best 4v4v4
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the lack of feedback speaks volumes about the state of Battlegrounds.
    PC-NA
  • Hoked_on_ponix
    Hoked_on_ponix
    ✭✭✭
    Its too late, 2 months of not being able to queue has completely killed any excitement for BGs. Still not fixed on consoles by the way. PVP is on life support in this game, ffs more people stream the elder scrolls card game than this non functioning game.
  • Falhael
    Falhael
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Just a friendly reminder that we could really use your help with testing and feedback on the new game mode (Chaosball) and map (Arcane University.) If you have general feedback and suggestions about Battlegrounds, please head on over to this forum section and post it there.

I would have liked to try, but I haven't been able to get in. Queued multiple times at different times of the day but I haven't even gotten a single ready check. And after 20mins and more waiting time, I gave up.

Maybe some kind of PTS event that includes some real player developer interaction could spark people's interest. But the queuing fiasco on live was enough. We've wasted too much time in queues. Noone has much patience for that left.
  • bubbygink
    bubbygink
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure it matters how great chaosball or the new map is since we are unable to group queue in on live anyway thanks to the broken queue...
  • Agalloch
    Agalloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bubbygink wrote: »
    Not sure it matters how great chaosball or the new map is since we are unable to group queue in on live anyway thanks to the broken queue...

Or maybe nobody wants to play ChaosBall.

Instead of making another type of battleground , Devs must focus in fixing broken queue and other bugs.
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing right off the bat: Make it so we can pass the ball.
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried to queue for quite some time with no success. Maybe you could host some kind of event Zos.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there any chance we could get Big-Head-Mode where all the character have enormous heads like in NBA Jam!....just thinking out loud since that seems to be the direction of this Battlegrounds nonsense where you can't have custom matches to really test out group builds for PvP.
    Or maybe a Sigil that turns the opponents into monkeys briefly! Can you imagine the hilarity?!
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    Is there any chance we could get Big-Head-Mode where all the character have enormous heads like in NBA Jam!....just thinking out loud since that seems to be the direction of this Battlegrounds nonsense where you can't have custom matches to really test out group builds for PvP.
    Or maybe a Sigil that turns the opponents into monkeys briefly! Can you imagine the hilarity?!

Turok? Where do I know that monkey thing from?

I came here to learn about chaos ball, seems no one can play
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • theroyalestpythonnub18_ESO
    queued for 30 minutes with no joy.
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why no CP Battlegrounds, @ZOS_GinaBruno ?
    This game is built around CP, and I just can't understand why we don't have an option.
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feedback Arcane University (tested on live):

Instantly became my favorite map. It's wide enough to allow for spread out fights with lots of LOS while still maintaining a strong focus on the central hall. Played Domination and Detahmatch on it and it was beautiful. I really like that it is more of a battleground layout and less of an arena. The first three battlegrounds feel sometimes too small and make it too easy to just ball up.

Brilliant job, I'm sure there is some finetuning that can be done (portal timings and placement), but so far I'm 100% positive about this map.

Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • kynseon
    kynseon
    ✭✭✭
    I havent tested Arcane University. But ive tried Chaos Ball, to be honest its an okay idea but with poor execution. When you have pre made teams who are tanky as hell it makes it difficult for those who are just queuing up. There are people running full heal and tank builds who are impossible to kill, even with the chaos ball.
  • Garwulf
    Garwulf
    ✭✭✭
    most of the People I play with have left ESO bored with PVP which essentially has not changed since the game began years ago. They are not interested in 4 v 4 v 4 me bro battle grounds. Must admit when I get one character to PVP level 50 I will probably be off as well. The only thing in PVP I haven't got. When you have to play with a 300 plus ping against animation cancelling low ping players that ZoS loves, it is not really 'entertainment,. Almost a chore. Only rapidly leaving friends keep me here. Not interested in mini battle grounds so why bother testing.

Really juat waiting on a better mmo to play. Must be desperate, I even play BDO... for some Interest.
    Edited by Garwulf on August 23, 2017 9:13PM
  • maxlacab16_ESO
    maxlacab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe fix issues like Grouping Tool first?

I posted this a long while ago: scrap the whole thing and write a new one, or better, buy one from another company that knows how to code a grouping tool!

Or fix other HUGE problems in PVP (Cyrodiil)...

LOADING SCREENS during gameplay, after resurrecting, taking transitus, etc.
    DISCONNECTS randomly, during combat, while riding, during transit, after said LOADING SCREEN...
    LAG...yea!

And so many other issues that are voiced by us players in the forums!

The restrictions on BG make this a no-fun thing: no choice of instance, no choice in XvX, no choices at all.