The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "Horns of the Reach and Update 15 Preview"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
262296f6883619caa79424ba87362878.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Horns of the Reach and Update 15 Preview. Horns of the Reach, our upcoming DLC game pack, will be available in the in-game Crown Store and as part of ESO Plus membership this August. The DLC game pack will include two new dungeons, Bloodroot Forge and Falkreath Hold, as well as a base game update that features a new Battlegrounds map and game type and a host of quality-of-life improvements. Want to know more about the DLC game pack and update? Check out our preview article!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "...put a stop to Gherig Crowblood's pans."

That man's diabolic cooking must be stopped!
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    "...put a stop to Gherig Crowblood's pans."

That man's diabolic cooking must be stopped!

Hahaha hey, metal pans can be quite deadly!

(fixing now, thanks!)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new map looks amazing. I've always loved the dark atmosphere of Imperial City, so this'll be a nice Battlegrounds map.

And depositing AP and Writ Vouchers in the bank? Hell yes!
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really looking forward to this update!
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Video trailer?

BTW @ZOS_GinaBruno - In which Map these dungeons are located?
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "an update to the currency system that allows you to deposit Alliance Points and Writ Vouchers into your bank."

This is amazing.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ToxicPAWS wrote: »
    No Video trailer?

The Reach and Falkreath are in Skyrim.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No Video trailer?

But they're not in either of the Skyrim maps in-game. Other dungeons are accessible by going to in-game zones, but these aren't located in existing zones. This raises the question of how we'll get there, and whether there's any part of The Reach or Falkreath that is accessible outside these dungeon locations.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    No Video trailer?

But they're not in either of the Skyrim maps in-game. Other dungeons are accessible by going to in-game zones, but these aren't located in existing zones. This raises the question of how we'll get there, and whether there's any part of The Reach or Falkreath that is accessible outside these dungeon locations.

Unless they're planning on opening up the area in between the Rift and the Reach (which I doubt), I suspect that we'll probably have to just port in.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been far too long since we had new 4-man content. Looking forward to these dungeons!
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come on giant mammoth head! I wanna run around Tamriel with a gigantic mammoth helm.
    No Video trailer?

Unless they're planning on opening up the area in between the Rift and the Reach (which I doubt), I suspect that we'll probably have to just port in.

Probably gonna work like Blackheart Haven and Tempest Island where you can take a transport to the dungeons proper.
    Edited by Scyantific on July 6, 2017 2:37PM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YAY PTS next week ! :smile:
    I have one question about chaosball. Will ball holder be able to pass the ball ? @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by Juhasow on July 6, 2017 2:40PM
  • argouru
    argouru
    ✭✭✭

This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Horns of the Reach and Update 15 Preview. Horns of the Reach, our upcoming DLC game pack, will be available in the in-game Crown Store and as part of ESO Plus membership this August. The DLC game pack will include two new dungeons, Bloodroot Forge and Falkreath Hold, as well as a base game update that features a new Battlegrounds map and game type and a host of quality-of-life improvements. Want to know more about the DLC game pack and update? Check out our preview article!

I have to take the day off from work to download and install the update and due to the nature of staffing at my workplace, I need to put my time off request in a few weeks before the actual day. Is there a confirmed day this will release so I can enter my day off request now? Thanks in advance.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    argouru wrote: »

I have to take the day off from work to download and install the update and due to the nature of staffing at my workplace, I need to put my time off request in a few weeks before the actual day. Is there a confirmed day this will release so I can enter my day off request now? Thanks in advance.

I'm betting on August 7 for PC. August 21-23ish for console.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new BG map looks cool, I'm look looking forward to it!
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno what exactly do you guys mean when you mention Guild Invite History? Is it going to track which guilds you've been invited to, or is it an expansion of the Guild Roster information tab accessible through the guild menu?
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Update 15 features a host of quality-of-life improvements for everybody, including the ability to cancel a research project mid-way, Guild Invite History, and an update to the currency system that allows you to deposit Alliance Points and Writ Vouchers into your bank!"

Regarding AP: THANK YOU!
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Video trailer?

I think they are both on the edges of Craglorn. I think the entrances will end up being added there to the East and Northeast side.
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CalmFury wrote: »
    No Video trailer?

I think they are both on the edges of Craglorn. I think the entrances will end up being added there to the East and Northeast side.

Good point
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This all looks great! I will toss out my two questions, though, in the vain hope that they might get answered here. ;P

1. If the Falkreath Hold dungeon is the actual city of Falkreath, does this mean we shouldn't expect to get a Falkreath zone in the future? (Or perhaps we will, with settlements that don't exist in 4e Skyrim...)

2. Will any of the new homes be available to purchase with gold? I'd love to be able to earn homes in the DLC zones, similarly to how there are homes in Vvardenfell that can be bought with gold if you have the chapter or with crowns if you don't. I'd also love to see more inn rooms, though I'd be hesitant to spend crowns on such tiny abodes. ;)
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Scyantific wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno what exactly do you guys mean when you mention Guild Invite History? Is it going to track which guilds you've been invited to, or is it an expansion of the Guild Roster information tab accessible through the guild menu?
    It essentially shows the account name of anyone who extends an invitation to a guild in your Guild History.

They're both in Craglorn!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we can bank AP now, can we please bank the bloody IC teleport stones?

I'm fed up of carrying them around with me. :(
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It essentially shows the account name of anyone who extends an invitation to a guild in your Guild History.

Ah so it's just an expansion of the roster history. That's great to know :)
  • bubbygink
    bubbygink
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chaosball seems like a really fun game type. And love that we are getting another map. But for the love of all that is holy, please fix the queue. So many great maps and game types that I haven't been able to play with friends in a group queue. I know some queue fixes are in the works so fingers crossed.
  • RoyalPink06
    RoyalPink06
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no "Reply" button on mail, though?
    NA PS4
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Finally dungeons in craglorn...Awesome.

(More lag inc in crag) :worried:
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Will there be any changes to the Orsinium loot-table? At the moment the Orsinium loot (maelstrom arena sets included) doesn´t follow the same pattern as the rest of the Overland loot (All gear can come in all traits and exists as weapon and jewels. Also that all pieces can drop in all qualities).

Any plans regarding this? :)
    Edited by Qbiken on July 6, 2017 3:55PM
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, will AP finally be trade-able?
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, will AP finally be trade-able?

No, just banked.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno is there will be new skins?