The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Another auction house thread but, hear me out.

• Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP asks a question - gets mad when someone doesn't agree, then tries to be the forum police.

Anyway - no, an Auction House is a terrible idea for this game.
    Ok, wow I didn't realize you were a forum guru. Please give me some constructive advice and maybe use one of your threads as an example for me to study. Just to clear the air and I know you want to go through life believing you are an empath, not mad never was =). Please give an example where I was being forum police or mad or responded negative to critique.

Lets examine a little. First time posting a thread, new to these forums. Baited some trolls into bumping mythread and reported as off topic to test the moderation level while expressing my idea. The trolls toss out some recycled gifs or "content" that has nothing to do with topic however thread bumped. I did feel disappointed when the popcorn guy failed to post a gif as I quite like that one and is recycle worthy. Mission accomplished though. Usually what happens next a sympathtic post where one is told to expect it and then the popcorn guy or inb4lock. Do I have that right? I don't know my IQ is clearly lacking on these things.

Now I noticed you are nay to auction house which is fine, there are pros and cons. However, in regards to the topic it is meaningless but, I would like to thank you for attempting to contribute. Also, a suggestion, I posted a link to a poll thread where your comment would matter. It is your choice not "policing".

I wouldn't mind hearing what you think in regards to a hypothetical ah with an item cap some of the cons you view. Some people have brought up that bots would be an issue. I would have to agree as it gives them another avenue to do their thing. My suggestion would be for the developers, to use the bots. Assuming they have a way to track them and once said bot account has accumulated x amount of gold simply delete said bot account. This would provide a free gold sink service and good for the health of any mmo. Perhaps unrealistic.

Edited by Malacthulhu on July 1, 2017 12:19AM
    Xbox One Na
  • zergbase_ESO
    zergbase_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we get Auction house please... OR hear me out. Global search that shows me what is on sale at all traders so I can make my trip to said trader and buy what I need. That put all trading guilds on even level to be honest.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, if you would like a relevant comment: What did you honestly expect people to say to this?

I mean, really, I've only had the game for a short time and this is like the twentieth new thread asking for an auction house since I've been on the forum. Since release in 2014, there have been hundreds. A simple search of the forums would have shown you that.

And with all those threads, what has changed? Nothing.

The odds of Zenimax ever adding any kind of auction house are about half-way between very slim and none at all. People have proposed dozens and dozens of different ideas all of which have been ignored - again, a simple search will show you this.

So you might want to dial down the attitude a notch or two because even I'm tired of seeing these threads. As to your idea: Why would I support a mere five item limit when I can have thirty items in my current trade guild? Even if I wanted a global auction house, I wouldn't want that.

Now if you get offended, I'm going to assume you don't really want feedback, but rather just want people to tell you how good your idea is.

I have not been offended yet, nor have I expressed any emotion about this. I am aware of everything you said. I was also accused of not taking critque before any was given other then people whining about seeing another ah thread pop up. An Ah would be more fast paced for x amount of people not all, compared to traders. At least that is my thinking.

An Auction House would be faster, yes. That is true. It would also level pricing. Completely level them.

For example, look at Tamriel Trade Center: https://tamrieltradecentre.com/. This has already had an effect on prices. Now, with Tamriel One, I can find an item, always select the cheapest option, travel to that guild store by either using a wayshrine or traveling to a guild member, and buy the item.

An AH would surely be faster than going capital to capital. It would lower prices. It would benefit buyers. The current system benefits sellers and trade guilds. In the current system, a trade guild can leverage their trader position (say a good trader in Morrowind), against gold from their members (e.g. "We need money to keep up our guild ...) Is it fair? Probably not.

An Auction House benefits buyers and trade guilds go away. They would offer no service to the player. People who get the shiny McGuffins first would be the ones to sell them for the most money. Players would naturally undercut one another, forcing prices downard. There would be no market, just a slow slide of lowering prices.

Of course, all of this has been discussed in detail - as you said you knew. The only effect I can see to limiting a player to five items is that slow slide is a little slower. And if we're going to have an AH, let's just have one and be done with it.

Bots would buy and undercut the market so fast, you'd be begging for the current system.

These responses always amuse me. You act as if every other MMO doesn't have an AH or anything.

Every MMO besides ESO has a fully working AH atm, and sorry to say ESO tried something different and its failing very hard right now compared to those games with AH's.
    Edited by Cpt_Teemo on July 1, 2017 12:49AM
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OP asks a question - gets mad when someone doesn't agree, then tries to be the forum police.

Anyway - no, an Auction House is a terrible idea for this game.

Terrible? You mean the people that can barely play 2 hours a night and using those 2 hours to try and scour all the guild traders then end up quitting after a few weeks yeah, very terrible idea.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can we get Auction house please... OR hear me out. Global search that shows me what is on sale at all traders so I can make my trip to said trader and buy what I need. That put all trading guilds on even level to be honest.

Even Swg did that and it was called the bazaar where you could look up all items on the server and make a way point to that vendor instead of scouring about not knowing where everything is, and Swg launched in 2003 take a hint ZoS do it now trust me.
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Okay, if you would like a relevant comment: What did you honestly expect people to say to this?

I mean, really, I've only had the game for a short time and this is like the twentieth new thread asking for an auction house since I've been on the forum. Since release in 2014, there have been hundreds. A simple search of the forums would have shown you that.

And with all those threads, what has changed? Nothing.

The odds of Zenimax ever adding any kind of auction house are about half-way between very slim and none at all. People have proposed dozens and dozens of different ideas all of which have been ignored - again, a simple search will show you this.

So you might want to dial down the attitude a notch or two because even I'm tired of seeing these threads. As to your idea: Why would I support a mere five item limit when I can have thirty items in my current trade guild? Even if I wanted a global auction house, I wouldn't want that.

Now if you get offended, I'm going to assume you don't really want feedback, but rather just want people to tell you how good your idea is.

I have not been offended yet, nor have I expressed any emotion about this. I am aware of everything you said. I was also accused of not taking critque before any was given other then people whining about seeing another ah thread pop up. An Ah would be more fast paced for x amount of people not all, compared to traders. At least that is my thinking.

An Auction House would be faster, yes. That is true. It would also level pricing. Completely level them.

For example, look at Tamriel Trade Center: https://tamrieltradecentre.com/. This has already had an effect on prices. Now, with Tamriel One, I can find an item, always select the cheapest option, travel to that guild store by either using a wayshrine or traveling to a guild member, and buy the item.

An AH would surely be faster than going capital to capital. It would lower prices. It would benefit buyers. The current system benefits sellers and trade guilds. In the current system, a trade guild can leverage their trader position (say a good trader in Morrowind), against gold from their members (e.g. "We need money to keep up our guild trader ...) Is it fair? Probably not.

An Auction House benefits buyers and trade guilds go away. They would offer no service to the player. People who get the shiny McGuffins first would be the ones to sell them for the most money. Players would naturally undercut one another, forcing prices downard. There would be no market, just a slow slide of lowering prices.

Of course, all of this has been discussed in detail - as you said you knew. The only effect I can see to limiting a player to five items is that slow slide is a little slower. And if we're going to have an AH, let's just have one and be done with it.

That is why I suggested a cap. Say it is like 5 items a week per player etc or if not the items expire way quicker when not sold. I like the current system and yes a full blown ah system will be damaging. I think not allowing people to set a price and they get what they get for it might help get around that. Ofcourse, there will probably be a lot of threads about people constantly wanting to change the cap etc lol
    Edited by Malacthulhu on July 1, 2017 1:41AM
    Xbox One Na
  • Vipstaakki
    Vipstaakki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There will be no global auction house. Let it go.
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here lies Roger, the horse who is regularly dug up out of this grave and is then beaten senselessly over and over before being buried yet again.

giphy.gif

R.I.P. Roger
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    t
    Edited by Malacthulhu on July 1, 2017 3:01AM
    Xbox One Na
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like Game Masters to have trade guilds for the under 50 so people get a taste of what it's like so they know what to do when they get gear that is actually worth selling.

I sell in zone to resellers because I don't care about being rich in games. (In fact I used to artificially force myself to remain poor in single player games.)

I should probably make contact with someone in a trade guild and become a supplier... I just don't want to be bothered by people in guilds.... hm.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vipstaakki wrote: »
    There will be no global auction house. Let it go.

+1

I agree, there will never be an action house. ESO is not like every other MMO is why I like it. If you want an auction house like the other MMO's, maybe you should be playing them .....
  • zergbase_ESO
    zergbase_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    There will be a global auction house. Let it go.

Never you're right we need said auction house :D!

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So you quote someone, change what they actually typed to make it look like whatever?

LOL. The person you quoted was correct that there will never be a global AH. At least not for years to come. The current system is meeting expectations since it created a vibrant and robust game economy.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

So you quote someone, change what they actually typed to make it look like whatever?

LOL. The person you quoted was correct that there will never be a global AH. At least not for years to come. The current system is meeting expectations since it created a vibrant and robust game economy.

The current system is worse than an AH.
  • zergbase_ESO
    zergbase_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Agreed. Trolling and fooling around aside. Current system is utter trash. Only reason I am in trading guild that holds a main spot is just so I can move my crap. If it were not for that I would have free slot and just post my things on to the AH.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Agreed. Trolling and fooling around aside. Current system is utter trash. Only reason I am in trading guild that holds a main spot is just so I can move my crap. If it were not for that I would have free slot and just post my things on to the AH.

Only a very small percentage of the game has any means of making any currency other than spamming, and believe me spamming trade in general chat is just an excuse to have an AH, this is not Guild wars 1 anymore this is 2017 come on.
  • Raeph
    Raeph
    ✭✭✭
    How about, and hear me out here, instead of an auction house, ZOS put in an auction bungalow?!
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    They could also add an auction feature to all the world merchants on an individual basis as well. Set base price and highest bidder etc.
    Xbox One Na
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind the repetition of a topic that comes up at least once a week if your solution was in any way original or innovative, but it isn't... it's just stuff that has been suggested before and will be suggested again (possibly within the next 7 days).

The issues I have with the trading system are more to do with the bidding process and the paranoia/suspicion/stress it causes, I could suggest some changes to that end of things.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe, maybe not. It is really irrelevant since we have a guild trader system and it has proven quite successful and delivered a robust economy. It has clearly met the expectations the devs had.

After all, this is 2017. Tired of the boring and stale AH systems of the old games that are not worth playing anymore.
    Edited by idk on July 1, 2017 5:44AM
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is nothing vibrant and robust about this games economy
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is nothing vibrant and robust about this games economy

Easy to say. Considering the hundreds of millions in gold in sales that go through the guild traders, it is very vibrant and robust. As I said, they are here to stay. I think we can agree on that since there is absolutely no sign it is going to change anytime soon.
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind the repetition of a topic that comes up at least once a week if your solution was in any way original or innovative, but it isn't... it's just stuff that has been suggested before and will be suggested again (possibly within the next 7 days).

The issues I have with the trading system are more to do with the bidding process and the paranoia/suspicion/stress it causes, I could suggest some changes to that end of things.

I agree, maybe not orignal but, still in my opinion an innovative idea that an AH can be built around without damaging the current trader system. If you want to hijack for a bit by all means share your idea or suggestions. Improving the current trader system should have priority over and happen before an ah is ever implemented.
    Xbox One Na
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an "auction house" where there are actual "auctions" going on it is a bad idea. There was this problem in other MMO (WoW i think) where auctions were rigged by top, most rich guilds... so items were bought at absurdly ridiculously high prices.... and then sold for even more....

The best solution could be simply not to add an "auction" house but rather a "trading" house - so solo & small guild players could sell their stuff too - and of course with some reasonable limit like 1 - 5 items per week or something like that.

The only way the can do it now is to spam zone chat with "WTS xyz"...
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Still I agree a centralized server wide AH is the best for any type of MMO period though.
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still I agree a centralized server wide AH is the best for any type of MMO period though.

Yes, but they have to be smart about it. The current merchant system is good bc more varience in prices. It would more or less have to be amount of items per week and work with the current system. ZoS in my opinion did good with current merchant system but, it needs improvements to make it less of a time vampire. I get that they do not want to be like other mmos but, if you reinvent the wheel then make a better wheel otherwise emulate. Different does not always mean better.

The duration of the auction could dictate cost of posting. So max would be 1 week at high cost and cheap for just the day capped at 5 items a week.
    Edited by Malacthulhu on July 5, 2017 8:05AM
    Xbox One Na
  • Cardhwion
    Cardhwion
    ✭✭✭
    Given how often the Merchant search windows freeze and lag, I don't dare to imagine how laggy a global AH would be.
    "Why did I follow him...? I don't know. Why do things happen as they do in dreams? All I know is that, when he beckoned... I had to follow him. From that moment, we traveled together, East. Always... into the East."
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cardhwion wrote: »
    Given how often the Merchant search windows freeze and lag, I don't dare to imagine how laggy a global AH would be.

no kidding, if they cannot do it good then they may as well not bother.
    Xbox One Na
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a seller, the guilds work pretty good for me.

As a buyer, I hate it.
  • Crafts_Many_Boxes
    Crafts_Many_Boxes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Only a very small percentage of the game has any means of making any currency other than spamming, and believe me spamming trade in general chat is just an excuse to have an AH, this is not Guild wars 1 anymore this is 2017 come on.

This speaks to me personally. I spent about 2 hours yesterday just trying to find a few set pieces I needed for a build I was working on. The cheapest, second cheapest, third cheapest, and fourth cheapest options according to TTC were almost always taken, so I had to go to literally 5 or 6 different zones to make each purchase. TTC is a painfully inaccurate resource for certain items.

You can talk all day about a "robust and vibrant" economy, but it's still garbage if average joe players like me have to roam the 4 corners of Nirn to find a handful of gear pieces. The current system favors sellers too heavily, something needs to change, be it a global auction house or something similar.