The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Another auction house thread but, hear me out.

Malacthulhu
Malacthulhu
✭✭✭✭
I think if they put a global auction in the game with a 5 item cap it would work. It is a kinda have your cake and eat it too. I like the current merchant system and would not like to lose it. However, it could be complemented with an auction house and a cap on items a player can post per week or whatever works. I play on xbox and one pro I see, is maybe it will cut down on people spaming global with trade posts to some degree. I am aware the developers have said before they have no intention to add an AH but, I still think it would work with restrictions.

Here is a link to the ah poll thread as well
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/
Edited by Malacthulhu on June 30, 2017 5:51PM
Xbox One Na
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are off the schedule man. We are still waiting for vMA RNG and nerf Sorcs threads scheduled for this weekend here.
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    You are off the schedule man. We are still waiting for vMA RNG and nerf Sorcs threads scheduled for this weekend here.

Then go post on those threads. Are you the schedule police? lol wow
    Xbox One Na
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Chill. :)
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And who are you to trample the ways our forum works? We talk about auction house every week. Same as we do with nerf Sorcs and token system threads. And now you come here and want to start a second AH thread in one week? This is unheard of! What a blasphemy!
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭

And who are you to trample the ways our forum works? We talk about auction house every week. Same as we do with nerf Sorcs and token system threads. And now you come here and want to start a second AH thread in one week? This is unheard of! What a blasphemy!

Good point I should put a link to the other thread in here. Hey, thanks for the bump =)
    Xbox One Na
  • imnotanother
    imnotanother
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fhirn wrote: »
    inb4 beating dead horse gif

edit: might aswell put in myself

WTDnnwE.gif

Please stay on topic or skip thread, I am aware that animal abuse was involved in the posting. Thank you. Also, if it is such a personal issue for you, how does bumping the thread help your cause?

Sorry OP but expect the flames.
    You brought up a topic, that literally, is brought up weekly for the last 3 years.
    ZOS made it clear that they won't add an AH.
    You wasted your time and everyone else's.

AH threads usually turn into meme threads then are closed.

Giving away insightfuls until closed
    Edited by imnotanother on June 30, 2017 5:53PM
    PS4: NA - AD PSN: imnotanother (Artell Lyeselle)
    Stamina NightBlade 810+ CP - PvP/Trials/Dungeon Ready
  • Keep_Door
    Keep_Door
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP cant take criticism very well .

*grabs popcorn*
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭

WTDnnwE.gif

Please stay on topic or skip thread, I am aware that animal abuse was involved in the posting. Thank you. Also, if it is such a personal issue for you, how does bumping the thread help your cause?

Sorry OP but expect the flames.
    You brought up a topic, that literally, is brought up weekly for the last 3 years.
    ZOS made it clear that they won't add an AH.
    You wasted your time and everyone else's.

AH threads usually turn into meme threads then are closed.

I know, I have been reading these forums forever just took a long time to get my inventation code. That was why I titled it another ah thread in hopes those people would just skip it. Makes more sense to let it die if you do not want to discuss how the idea would or would not work. They could even chose to report the thread but, thats ok I understood that when I posted. Even critque on the idea is welcome.
    Xbox One Na
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Action Horse .
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even though I'm fanatically pro AH, these threads are pointless. That's one tried and true feature that this game just isn't going to get.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that this topic comes up as constantly as it does demonstrates that it is far from being a dead horse.

Besides, the OP offers a different slant on it. Personally I prefer the idea of having a NPC trader in the main trading locations through whom anyone could list a very restricted number of items at high commission to be shared between the guilds trading in that location. It would cater for casual sellers as well as those who are either not in a trading guild or else are in a trading guild that doesn't have a trader at that time.
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even though I'm fanatically pro AH, these threads are pointless. That's one tried and true feature that this game just isn't going to get.

I have to agree with you however I still wanted to toss the idea out there. Maybe next time I will explore another avenue.
    Xbox One Na
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    The fact that this topic comes up as constantly as it does demonstrates that it is far from being a dead horse.

Besides, the OP offers a different slant on it. Personally I prefer the idea of having a NPC trader in the main trading locations through whom anyone could list a very restricted number of items at high commission to be shared between the guilds trading in that location. It would cater for casual sellers as well as those who are either not in a trading guild or else are in a trading guild that doesn't have a trader at that time.

That is actually a really good idea and offers a more stable gold sink.
    Xbox One Na
  • CountEdmondDantes
    CountEdmondDantes
    ✭✭✭✭
    Okay, if you would like a relevant comment: What did you honestly expect people to say to this?

I mean, really, I've only had the game for a short time and this is like the twentieth new thread asking for an auction house since I've been on the forum. Since release in 2014, there have been hundreds. A simple search of the forums would have shown you that.

And with all those threads, what has changed? Nothing.

The odds of Zenimax ever adding any kind of auction house are about half-way between very slim and none at all. People have proposed dozens and dozens of different ideas all of which have been ignored - again, a simple search will show you this.

So you might want to dial down the attitude a notch or two because even I'm tired of seeing these threads. As to your idea: Why would I support a mere five item limit when I can have thirty items in my current trade guild? Even if I wanted a global auction house, I wouldn't want that.

Now if you get offended, I'm going to assume you don't really want feedback, but rather just want people to tell you how good your idea is.

• Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope. It is a dead horse topic by definition.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is two basic soultions to the problem.

Basically need more traders and more reasons to leave the capitials and the system would work better... at least move the more random traders to major towns or near popular dolemns.

That is trader side issues, screw the buyers incovience having to travel around, and zone chat spammers should join a trade guild.
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Okay, if you would like a relevant comment: What did you honestly expect people to say to this?

I mean, really, I've only had the game for a short time and this is like the twentieth new thread asking for an auction house since I've been on the forum. Since release in 2014, there have been hundreds. A simple search of the forums would have shown you that.

The odds of Zenimax ever adding any kind of auction house are about half-way between very slim and none at all. People have proposed dozens and dozens of different ideas all of which have been ignored - again, a simple search will show you this.

So you might want to dial down the attitude a notch or two because even I'm tired of seeing these threads. As to your idea: Why would I support a mere five item limit when I can have thirty items in my current trade guild? Even if I wanted a global auction house, I wouldn't want that.

Now if you get offended, I'm going to assume you don't really want feedback, but rather just want people to tell you how good your idea is.

I have not been offended yet, nor have I expressed any emotion about this. I am aware of everything you said. I was also accused of not taking critque before any was given other then people whining about seeing another ah thread pop up. An Ah would be more fast paced for x amount of people not all, compared to traders. At least that is my thinking.
    Xbox One Na
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have to get back to work now, look forward to reading more ideas when I am done and would like to thank everyone that heard it out regardless.
    Xbox One Na
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

WTDnnwE.gif

Sorry dude.. you are not forum police. You started it, bask in your foolishness.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have to agree with you however I still wanted to toss the idea out there. Maybe next time I will explore another avenue.

No.. No more avenues. an Auction Hall will never happen.

no-no-no-very-bad-man-Babu-Bhatt-seinfeld-gifs-finger-wag.gif
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • CountEdmondDantes
    CountEdmondDantes
    ✭✭✭✭

I have not been offended yet, nor have I expressed any emotion about this. I am aware of everything you said. I was also accused of not taking critque before any was given other then people whining about seeing another ah thread pop up. An Ah would be more fast paced for x amount of people not all, compared to traders. At least that is my thinking.

An Auction House would be faster, yes. That is true. It would also level pricing. Completely level them.

For example, look at Tamriel Trade Center: https://tamrieltradecentre.com/. This has already had an effect on prices. Now, with Tamriel One, I can find an item, always select the cheapest option, travel to that guild store by either using a wayshrine or traveling to a guild member, and buy the item.

An AH would surely be faster than going capital to capital. It would lower prices. It would benefit buyers. The current system benefits sellers and trade guilds. In the current system, a trade guild can leverage their trader position (say a good trader in Morrowind), against gold from their members (e.g. "We need money to keep up our guild trader ...) Is it fair? Probably not.

An Auction House benefits buyers and trade guilds go away. They would offer no service to the player. People who get the shiny McGuffins first would be the ones to sell them for the most money. Players would naturally undercut one another, forcing prices downard. There would be no market, just a slow slide of lowering prices.

Of course, all of this has been discussed in detail - as you said you knew. The only effect I can see to limiting a player to five items is that slow slide is a little slower. And if we're going to have an AH, let's just have one and be done with it.

Edited by CountEdmondDantes on June 30, 2017 6:20PM
  • imnotanother
    imnotanother
    ✭✭✭✭✭

An Auction House would be faster, yes. That is true. It would also level pricing. Completely level them.

For example, look at Tamriel Trade Center: https://tamrieltradecentre.com/. This has already had an effect on prices. Now, with Tamriel One, I can find an item, always select the cheapest option, travel to that guild store by either using a wayshrine or traveling to a guild member, and buy the item.

An AH would surely be faster than going capital to capital. It would lower prices. It would benefit buyers. The current system benefits sellers and trade guilds. In the current system, a trade guild can leverage their trader position (say a good trader in Morrowind), against gold from their members (e.g. "We need money to keep up our guild ...) Is it fair? Probably not.

An Auction House benefits buyers and trade guilds go away. They would offer no service to the player. People who get the shiny McGuffins first would be the ones to sell them for the most money. Players would naturally undercut one another, forcing prices downard. There would be no market, just a slow slide of lowering prices.

Of course, all of this has been discussed in detail - as you said you knew. The only effect I can see to limiting a player to five items is that slow slide is a little slower. And if we're going to have an AH, let's just have one and be done with it.

Bots would buy and undercut the market so fast, you'd be begging for the current system.
    PS4: NA - AD PSN: imnotanother (Artell Lyeselle)
    Stamina NightBlade 810+ CP - PvP/Trials/Dungeon Ready
  • CountEdmondDantes
    CountEdmondDantes
    ✭✭✭✭

An AH would surely be faster than going capital to capital. It would lower prices. It would benefit buyers. The current system benefits sellers and trade guilds. In the current system, a trade guild can leverage their trader position (say a good trader in Morrowind), against gold from their members (e.g. "We need money to keep up our guild ...) Is it fair? Probably not.

Bots would buy and undercut the market so fast, you'd be begging for the current system.

I don't doubt that for one moment. I am personally NOT in favor of an AH of any kind. Not a huge fan of the current system, either. It is what it is.

• Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »

Nope. It is a dead horse topic by definition.

ZOS also said they weren't going to abandon their subscription model - yet look what happen.

In other words: just because ZOS says they aren't going to do something - that doesn't necessarily mean they won't do it in the future.

This game needs an auction house. It always has. It's stupid that you have to belong to a guild to sell things on the open market - especially considering most popular trading guilds kick you if you aren't profitable enough or take breaks from the game.

The OP offers a fair compromise for those worried about a saturated market by suggesting a 5 item limit. So it was a constructive post and not a dead horse.

Besides - the anti auction crowd (and ZOS for that matter) have already lost all credibility on this subject by both using and endorsing addons which allow players to price check items by comparing it to what other players have purchased them for - which renders their whole counter argument moot.

This is nothing more than a MMO cartel striving to keep the competition out - which is why they are so aggressive when it comes to suppressing this topic when ever it comes up. Because this is hardly the only topic that frequently comes up on the forums.
    Edited by Jeremy on June 30, 2017 6:28PM
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭

These responses always amuse me. You act as if every other MMO doesn't have an AH or anything.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a dead horse regardless of the slant as the devs purposely chose a system and that system has proven to bring ESO a vibrant and successful economy that fulfills the social aspect of trading the devs desired. This is what speaks loudest and speaks volumes.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a dead horse regardless of the slant as the devs purposely chose a system and that system has proven to bring ESO a vibrant and successful economy that fulfills the social aspect of trading the devs desired. This is what speaks loudest and speaks volumes.

They purposely chose a system that relied solely on guild stores, yet they responded to criticisms by adding traders in the open world. That was a pretty massive change in comparison to the modest one I'm suggesting.

I'm sure that those who make millions from the trading system regard it as a vibrant and successful economy, but the fact that it caters for such a small part of the playerbase would suggest otherwise. As for the social aspect of trading, there's nothing remotely social about belonging to several trading guilds whose members barely communicate and basing all your prices on an addon.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They purposely chose a system that relied solely on guild stores, yet they responded to criticisms by adding traders in the open world. That was a pretty massive change in comparison to the modest one I'm suggesting.

I'm sure that those who make millions from the trading system regard it as a vibrant and successful economy, but the fact that it caters for such a small part of the playerbase would suggest otherwise. As for the social aspect of trading, there's nothing remotely social about belonging to several trading guilds whose members barely communicate and basing all your prices on an addon.

Not really the oddest history since there were always traders guilds could obtain.

The altered his it was originally implemented to make it more robust.

I, myself, but far more than I sell. Basically I see both sides of it and 'it works well.

Regardless, it's here to stay which was my point and they will not be adding any sort of central kiosks system. No reason for them to manage code for two different systems.
    Edited by idk on June 30, 2017 7:27PM
  • grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP asks a question - gets mad when someone doesn't agree, then tries to be the forum police.

Anyway - no, an Auction House is a terrible idea for this game.
  • Kurkikohtaus
    Kurkikohtaus
    ✭✭✭
    I for one am intrigued by the "5 listings" idea, which would keep the current system relevant.