The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Never Go Full Potato (NA/Vivec)

• Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to supply my own example of 'Full Potato' to this thread for education purposes:
    Sometimes it is not taking a target that is the potato but how it is taken with selected side and seige communication.
    In this case: Foward Camps!

MzP3eW5.png

It's so close to near perfect symmetry that I'm almost disappointed.

This is killing my OCD, like.....4 meters to the right, come on!!! lol
  • NaysaSimone
    NaysaSimone
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to supply my own example of 'Full Potato' to this thread for education purposes:
    Sometimes it is not taking a target that is the potato but how it is taken with selected side and seige communication.
    In this case: Foward Camps!

MzP3eW5.png

It's so close to near perfect symmetry that I'm almost disappointed.

that is brilliant LOL
    **DAGGERFALL COVENANT**
    - Yo-Hold My Poodle - Raid Healer
    - Wears-It-Like-A-Man - Healer AKA the massive pink lizard
    - Im The Bomb Dot Com - Bomb blade
    - Drop It Like Its Proc'd - Stam Blade

AUSTRALIAN
    -PC/NA Vivec
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Since I don't eat potatoes because they are pretty much a "filler" with very low nutritional bang for your buck. I can't relate here to all you starch eating fans.

However I was told the other day that Haxus imploded and splintered. Long gone are the days of Hektik and his wife Jules teaching their 12 year old son Dignified Mouse the zerg ulti-bomb life. So now the leftovers formed a new zerg ulti-bomb guild named after the dragon in Game of Thrones (my condolences to Jorah Mormont for the unfortunate forced association), led by Sneaky Pickle aka Tommy Pickles from Rugrats.

I also found out that this new dragon named guild is comprised of ex-pats from EU. Rumor has it they were tossed from their former guild for "reasons". All I really have say is did anyone check their passports?

https://youtu.be/jMEj9kQg3F8

• ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghostbane wrote: »

potato.jpg

That's one damn fine looking spud
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to actually play come to Sotha Sil. We coordinate, help each other out and generally git it dun.
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ghostbane wrote: »

potato.jpg

That's one damn fine looking spud

Armagh's finest.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is a picture of DCs Zerg, it is full of small potatoes.
    small+potatoes.jpg

DC would be so much better if they responded to zone alerts faster and have players guard front doors of keeps. To me every zone alert called out is a threat, no matter how big or small it is.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to add to one thing you said, though I do agree for the most part, I ignore a lot of 911's in zone from ppl I don't know because I got tired of porting to the so called 911 distress messages only to find 30 of my alliance fighting 5 of the other at a resource.

Too many people spam 911 when they see a small group.

This is why I call out number of siege and location. I never ever refer to the phrase 911, since it's so badly over used, plus has a growing amount of bad stigma attached to it.

If the situation is really dire, I usually say so and I my message is short and to the point.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on June 26, 2017 3:15PM
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You actually get information in zone chat? Xbox NA Vivec is mostly just back and forth misspelled infighting and threatening to beat each other up both in-game and IRL.
    It's incredible how many hardened gangster criminals spend their day playing an MMO.
  • booksmcread
    booksmcread
    ✭✭✭✭
    I identify as a yam, tyvm.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    You actually get information in zone chat? Xbox NA Vivec is mostly just back and forth misspelled infighting and threatening to beat each other up both in-game and IRL.
    It's incredible how many hardened gangster criminals spend their day playing an MMO.

That is funny. I might have a few gangster criminals on my ignore list. :)

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I re-rolled AD last summer when DC was full potatoes and gate camping others. I did it so I had more 1vX potential.
    Now I have Ruin Gaming to thank for ROFL-Stomping Vivec with their 100 man groups showing up to every single small cross swords that pop up on the map.

I sincerely apologize for AD.

If it makes you guys feel any better, I spend a lot of time blasting them in chat telling them to go back to WoW where they basically did the same thing to World PVP.
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am a kumara.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I re-rolled AD last summer when DC was full potatoes and gate camping others. I did it so I had more 1vX potential.
    Now I have Ruin Gaming to thank for ROFL-Stomping Vivec with their 100 man groups showing up to every single small cross swords that pop up on the map.

If it makes you guys feel any better, I spend a lot of time blasting them in chat telling them to go back to WoW where they basically did the same thing to World PVP.

I accept your apology.
  • Gederic
    Gederic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So their entire raid wiped to a group a quarter their size in WoW too? GG
    Ours is the Fury
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you tried leading a PUG and helping spread fights out across the map?

This is what Telel has been asking all the zone generals to do ever since the Griffs declared that any group lead by a humble khajiit was a zerg. Even if that group was just a single khajiit in size.

Especially sinde the Dumbminion never has more than a couple of group leaders at any point. Well, none trying to win anyways.

For added fun the usual answers to that question involve words this one can't use here or the zone general in question running off to hide in a red flavored zerg.
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ruin Gaming is a blessing. It's like fighting EG all over again but this time I have destro and VD.

The only trouble is they discovered how to siege.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »
    Ruin Gaming is a blessing. It's like fighting EG all over again but this time I have destro and VD.

Ruin Gaming, the guild that lives up to its name.

When you absolutely MUST have 50 people on the flags of a PVDoor keep.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

yus pls.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When will you guys just let guilds play and have fun their way without attempting to degrade them . Seeing guilds from all factions doing silly things that are not productive towards a campaign and never complaining no matter how infuriating it is for other people . Some are here to just have fun and as Telel kindly put it , if you do not like the way things are happening , feel free to take the lead and make some change .
  • Montayva
    Montayva
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is a difference between degrading someone and a constructive complaint. Whilst both are happening in this thread i know for a fact that a few of the complainers are in fact people who take the initiative to organise the faction (On EP side) to get things done.

If the way one guild plays to have fun ruins the entire experience for others they are more than entitled to speak up about it in order to reach a compromise or at the very least let others know how certain tactics and play-styles are toxic for the health of pvp
    Montayva: EP, AD, DC Magplar | Mistress Montayva: AD, DC, EP Mag DK | Rharhey: EP, AD Mag Sorccrafters
    Nirnrewt/ Nutella/Nirncrux: AD, EP, DC Stamblades+Stamdens
    ES Cosplayer wannabe

Beholder of the power to unleash the QAM HAM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love Ruin Gaming. Mmmmm... tasty AP.
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ruin Gaming, the guild that lives up to its name.

How do you know how many they have anyways?

You're supposed to be chasing this one across the map no matter where they go or what they're trying to do to an elf's face!

And after all those times Telel was like "Hey it's aggies! Let's let him chase us a bit before we let him kill one or two of us." :'(
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Montayva wrote: »
    There is a difference between degrading someone and a constructive complaint. Whilst both are happening in this thread i know for a fact that a few of the complainers are in fact people who take the initiative to organise the faction (On EP side) to get things done.

If the way one guild plays to have fun ruins the entire experience for others they are more than entitled to speak up about it in order to reach a compromise or at the very least let others know how certain tactics and play-styles are toxic for the health of pvp

Ok then let's discuss EP double and triple stacking raids to take keeps . Is that going to be constructive or a just a big bunch of denial . Let's discuss EP PvDooring the whole map at night last campaign .

In other words , like I already said , you all do it . I'm just going to respectful and leave guild names out of it . Because #1 numro uno , I don't give a flying piñata what EP does , it's not my faction to worry about . If someone in my faction does need to be asked to be more helpful , it's done in private . On the forums it's just disrespectful .
  • MrSinister213
    MrSinister213
    ✭✭✭
    OP doesn't realize many of us are here for PvP, player vs player. Some of us are looking for good fights. We don't want to roll in a 24 man ult train guild outnumbering our opponents. Some of us PvP looking for a challenge. I understand OP and his friends are the pve types that come to cyrodil to get their Grand Overlord titles, many of which never return to Cyro after they attain the achievement. You play your way and we will play ours. :)
    @TTV.BuyMoreCrowns
    Camelot Unchained Soon (ar 49 AD) high elf nb
    High Elf Slayer (ar 38 EP) dunmer dk
    Zangief (ar 37 DC) high elf sorc
    Papi Chulo (Ar 42 AD) stam sorc

wouldnt call myself a pve'er or pvper. my preferred endgame is crown crates.
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ok then let's discuss EP double and triple stacking raids to take keeps . Is that going to be constructive or a just a big bunch of denial . Let's discuss EP PvDooring the whole map at night last campaign .

In other words , like I already said , you all do it . I'm just going to respectful and leave guild names out of it . Because #1 numro uno , I don't give a flying piñata what EP does , it's not my faction to worry about . If someone in my faction does need to be asked to be more helpful , it's done in private . On the forums it's just disrespectful .

Most of the EP guild-stacking and pvdooring is in response to DC shamelessly doing it the past couple of Trueflame cycles over the course of Homestead patch.

When was the last time Aleswell was a last emp keep with no DC emp? EP have to defend Chalman as if it were a "last emp keep" against DC faction stacking at least several times a day sometimes. One of those times even allowed AD to crown, hence this thread. Another of those times helped ensure the AD Emp remained crowned for an additional 16+ hours.

I'm actually very pleased with the organization EP guilds have shown recently. Pact Militia often coordinates with Dracarys & Invictus in zone/yell chat to ensure they can split up and tackle different objectives. I use to always trash on PM, but with what I have seen the last month, they have truly improved as an organized guild.
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • Montayva
    Montayva
    ✭✭✭✭

Why have forums then if not to discuss issues such as this?
    Montayva: EP, AD, DC Magplar | Mistress Montayva: AD, DC, EP Mag DK | Rharhey: EP, AD Mag Sorccrafters
    Nirnrewt/ Nutella/Nirncrux: AD, EP, DC Stamblades+Stamdens
    ES Cosplayer wannabe

Beholder of the power to unleash the QAM HAM
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gederic wrote: »

So their entire raid wiped to a group a quarter their size in WoW too? GG

This. I get it though. When their players have the skill of about 1/8 a normal player....I get why they roll around in a ball of 100.

Also, anyone bored can do a WoW forum search I am fairly certain Ruin got a bunch of 3 day bans in WoW for intentionally lagging out the server during the launch day of an expac. It may have been Dreanor (I quit around then) but it was a quest NPC on a boat and their entire guild would just sit there spamming AOEs to lag everyone out and to kill all opposing factions that logged into that area.

The point is, there is a clear difference between a guild having fun their own way, and a guild that intentionally takes advantage of unintended mechanics (in ESO's case, the poor performance in Cyro) to grief other players. They legit did stuff in WoW to lag people out of the game. That's how they win.

Here. Took me 3 seconds to find,

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20748995876

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/13348185211

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20742694479
    Edited by Malamar1229 on June 27, 2017 3:15PM
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Telel wrote: »

Have you tried leading a PUG and helping spread fights out across the map?

This is what Telel has been asking all the zone generals to do ever since the Griffs declared that any group lead by a humble khajiit was a zerg. Even if that group was just a single khajiit in size.

Especially sinde the Dumbminion never has more than a couple of group leaders at any point. Well, none trying to win anyways.

For added fun the usual answers to that question involve words this one can't use here or the zone general in question running off to hide in a red flavored zerg.

I'm not interested in leading zergs, sorry. I have zero interest in playing the map. I admit it. I like the large open world and the "freedom" it provides me to roam and small scale.
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If it's not happening between Ales farm and Chalman mine, then it's of no interest to me.

Maybe Ash milegate to Nickel if we have Chalman already.
    Edited by Sallington on June 27, 2017 5:33PM
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||