The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Never Go Full Potato (NA/Vivec)

Agrippa_Invisus
Agrippa_Invisus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
For those that don't know, PC NA has a common term for a mindless zergling that refuses to pay attention to calls for help, to /zone requests from guild and raid leaders, to common sense even. They just click respawn at the same place over and over again run forward to die again and again. They contribute little aside from AP to the campaign. They can be found at Chalman Mine, Alessia Bridge, Ash Milegate, and Roebeck front door.

We call them "Potatoes". A mindless, brainless thing that just is. And sometimes, entire factions can go potato, leading to some ridiculous decision making. This is called "the full potato".

This map of Vivec NA PC is just.... spectacular. I don't know what else to call it.

ngaT1LG.jpg

Quick backstory -- AD had held 4/6 imperial keeps for at least an hour and had taken a couple potshots at Aleswell that failed. DC committed to a huge siege of Chalman with some of their best guilds and proceeded to have at least two back cap attempts by AD. Those failed, EP defenders get a massive D Tick (thanks for the contribution!).

Realizing what's going on, EP bumrushed BRK after Chalman was saved. DC also tried Ash, but failed. We got BRK back and were trying to close the gates when a very large AD force hit them, and we ended up battling in the open front door for a very prolonged period of time. 20+ minutes at least.

Chalman lights up with a couple DC siege on it. As that happens, Glademist turns yellow with a quick PVDoor by AD. BRK is beginning to be overrun as the EP we need for reinforcements try to make it to Chal as more and more DC start pouring into it.

BRK falls.

As we're respawning at Arrius, Chalman falls.

Aleswell is then 20/20'ed with max siege and falls within a couple minutes. DC hadn't even finished capturing all the Chalman resources when Aleswell was gone.

AD got Emp less than ten minutes later.

Never go full potato.

In short, think about what strategic issues your decisions may cause when you're just 'zerg surfing'. Don't screw your alliance mates by not working to get your home keeps back when it's sorely needed (such as during an Emperor push).

I don't care what faction you are, or what the scoreboard is. Just don't go full potato.

Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
Once a General, now a Citizen
Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to add to one thing you said, though I do agree for the most part, I ignore a lot of 911's in zone from ppl I don't know because I got tired of porting to the so called 911 distress messages only to find 30 of my alliance fighting 5 of the other at a resource.

Too many people spam 911 when they see a small group.
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just to add to one thing you said, though I do agree for the most part, I ignore a lot of 911's in zone from ppl I don't know because I got tired of porting to the so called 911 distress messages only to find 30 of my alliance fighting 5 of the other at a resource.

Understandable.

To those that scout, giving complete information is a good way to insure others listen to your calls for aid.

Don't say: "Chal!"

Say: "Chalman Front Door, sieged by 15-20 DC."

One gets people going "huh?" the other gets people to the transit shrines to start porting over to help.

• IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    About time AD crowned Emp. :p To be fair, AD had a few guilds running today.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bridge. Sejanus Hunting grounds. Milegates.

They're love, they're life.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normally I'd go solo a resource each score tick, but got tired of full raids showing up.

I'd imagine these players fight the chal/bleaks fight because of:
    - increased chance if fighting other similar players. Meaning less EoTS which means more enjoyable PvP
    - some players despise ep/DC enough to not go anywhere else. Also last cycle with EP winning means DC are going to hit EP more.
    - if DC doesn't go bottleneck the EP bleak/chal potatoes, they will reach ales and that's worse.
    - most importantly, some of us only have an hour or two to play. We are not going to ride off into the sunset to waste 30+ minutes pvd'ing a back keep. We are going to go where it's hot to make up the most time available before we log. Besides, these players make up a front that guild groups need to be offensive or defensive; you need us to potato in order to be effective.

PS: AD are snakes. They even stole Ash during an EP emp dethrone. Not much strategy except "let's hit ____ there's no one there!"
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We run 4 to 6 people in our PVP group ... OMG we take a resource we kill 4 to 5 people they comeback with 8-10 we kill them..... Then 30 show up ... I was sent a tell that you are "coward"... This was funny because this person was in a 30 man guild group... We were at BRK and nearest yellow keep was Far lol ..... LAG was horrid last night :(
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I logged before all this happened, but AD was playing well last night, splitting their forces and hitting multiple objectives. AD earned their emp. Yeah, they PvDoored a lot of empty or nearly empty keeps. Those keeps were only empty because of faction blobs elsewhere.

While I agree with the OP's premise, the Bridge or Chal mile gate is a lot more fun than trying to defend a keep with a few randoms versus a whole raid or more. Sometimes you just have to stop brawling and defend your stuff, though.

Most of my PvP friends have quit the game, and there's nothing for solo/duo/trio players to do except zerg surf. The small scale campaign was deleted. If you take a resource, 20 people show up; you need a solid 5-6 to hold a resource any length of time. Two of us took Bruma last night, killed a couple of players that came to investigate and 40 DC show up in response. The more unrewarding it is for small groups to split off and do things on their own, the more people are going to fall back to zerg surfing.

P.S. And while we're on the subject, there's a time to take your guild group to hit a remote keep that doesn't affect transit or pull enemy players off other objectives. That time is NOT when your faction is losing it's trikeeps and defending their scrolls.
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    P.S. And while we're on the subject, there's a time to take your guild group to hit a remote keep that doesn't affect transit or pull enemy players off other objectives. That time is NOT when your faction is losing it's trikeeps and defending their scrolls.

#moraleBoost

About time AD crowned Emp. :p To be fair, AD had a few guilds running today.

Very over due, well done to the Emp.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Man what time did this happen?
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of my night is running to call outs . There are times to just potato as well . The trick is to stop potatoeing when there's a call out if you are solo Zerg surfing . So yes , this is a smart thread for PVP . Never go full potatoes .
  • NACtron
    NACtron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pact Militia does not run for one day and the map implodes. Sigh.
    Pact Militia GM
    Nikolai the Nord - Stamplar

• DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Understandable.

To those that scout, giving complete information is a good way to insure others listen to your calls for aid.

Don't say: "Chal!"

Say: "Chalman Front Door, sieged by 15-20 DC."

One gets people going "huh?" the other gets people to the transit shrines to start porting over to help.

This.

I suck at pvp, and I don't seem to get better. Best thing I can do to help is essentially be a spot maid. Always remember to include rough estimation of forces, number of siege, and where they're sieging from, so your allies don't arrive in groups of three in plain view of the enemy 24 man.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NACtron wrote: »

Ali believes you should take more vacations . Go out and enjoy Tamriel . Drink mead and eat cheese or whatever you Nords do for fun . Braid each other's beards .
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Map didn't implode until the wee hours, when PM would have been signed off anyway.
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »

The time is on the screenshot.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Or....how bout this, op? Oceanic DC log on to dethrone Emp. DC takes Alesswell, Ash, Roe..while EP has Chal and BRK. Then DC moves on over to Alessia. We get the front gate down, and watch a zerg of EP come in the gate. We ignore them because we assume they are there to help dethrone. But no...they decide to attack us. We kill them. We get the inner door down, and EP come back in and attack us again. Both blue and red are now overwhelmed by AD. The attempt to dethrone is lost.

Just for those who don't seem to get it: Factions usually work together to help dethrone. After that, it's all fair game.
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yea.... I don't think there were any DC guilds on at that point.

• Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Errrrrr, VE took Chal...
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »
    Or....how bout this, op? Oceanic DC log on to dethrone Emp. DC takes Alesswell, Ash, Roe..while EP has Chal and BRK. Then DC moves on over to Alessia. We get the front gate down, and watch a zerg of EP come in the gate. We ignore them because we assume they are there to help dethrone. But no...they decide to attack us. We kill them. We get the inner door down, and EP come back in and attack us again. Both blue and red are now overwhelmed by AD. The attempt to dethrone is lost.

Just for those who don't seem to get it: Factions usually work together to help dethrone. After that, it's all fair game.
    Didn't happen last week - EP group/s determined to dethrone AD emp by taking their last keep (Ash) only to have DC take the opportunity to overrun 3 EP home keeps while they were busy.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Elong wrote: »

Errrrrr, VE took Chal...

Well dam. I didn't know we played that late! Strange times.

• Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Errrrrr, VE took Chal...

Bulb seems salty with EP
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Errrrrr, VE took Chal...

Bulb seems salty with EP

Im sure the feeling is mutual ;)

• Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Errrrrr, VE took Chal...

Bulb seems salty with EP

Im sure the feeling is mutual ;)

:D
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think I was being a potato yesterday (Kyne) but it wasn't all my fault.

I come out of BRK to head to Sejanus because we were seiging and got ganked by 2 AD NB's who then headed toward the farm. Came out again, thinking they had moved on and got ganked again by the same two.

By this time we had taken Sej, so I rez'd there. The group that had taken Sej had moved to attack Alessia - so I run out of the door at Sej to go join them and get ganked again - by the same two who had ganked me at BRK.

I had the daily to take Alessia, so wanted to get there and got smart - this time I snuck around the gankers - but I get to the bridge and there stands a DC in the middle of the bridge. Not being a good PVP'er and not wanting to die and go back to Sej, I take my time and successfully sneak past him.

Only for Alessia to turn before I could get close enough to get the tick and complete the quest. I guess it was just one of those days.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are now one step closer to being as sleek as Telel.

Sadly as you are a dirty griff your coat will never be quite as shiny but no man or mer is perfect.

Also, this one recently found out how many siege weapons it takes to capture a resource defended by a few werewolves. It was a bit more than Telel was expecting.
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Errrrrr, VE took Chal...

Yeah, VE helped take chal either before or after hitting ash a few times. Maybe after the Ash push, we called for full potato to Chal? Anyway...

The final pass we made on Ash, our 12-16 ish group at the time got swarmed by around 30-40 AD, and one of our group members got a whisper from an AD friend claiming that only "half" the AD at Ash actually pushed us, lol. That was one of the quickest and most definitive wipes I've ever seen.

We reached our usual disband time around when AD attacked glade and we were pretty well aware that AD was going to push emp... I mean what else do you do with 80 people at 3:00 AM, right?

All in all it was a fun night.
    Edited by Drummerx04 on June 26, 2017 8:04AM
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All 3 factions carried lock pop late into the night and had similar pop when it happened, AD's pop was made up of more groups though.

NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to supply my own example of 'Full Potato' to this thread for education purposes:
    Sometimes it is not taking a target that is the potato but how it is taken with selected side and seige communication.
    In this case: Foward Camps!

MzP3eW5.png

It's so close to near perfect symmetry that I'm almost disappointed.
    Edited by ellahellabella on June 26, 2017 8:44AM
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That's incredible haha
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to supply my own example of 'Full Potato' to this thread for education purposes:

potato.jpg
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons