The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

PvP Healer Gear Setups

• Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    At the moment I'm using earthgore, gossamer and meritorious service, and depending on mood I swap gossamer for other sets my healer has (I even used IA the other day :lol:). I like earthgore, it can literally be a life-saver, and I also like the bonus from merit service because I use purge a lot, so it's always on, and makes players much more tanky. On my teamplar I use channeled focus for the extra resistance, purifying light, sweeps, ritual, breath of life, incantantation, and repentance in terms of class skills, and I like barrier for the extra regen from passives and the damage shield.

Gossamer can only proc on one player at a time, less then useful if you ask me.
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »

Transmutation (for example) is vastly inferior to Combat Physician in PvE, and so is Wizards Riposte when facing a single powerful opponent (as I demonstrated mathematically when facing a Overworld Boss)...

You're right in this bit ...

But this is a PvP thread we are no discussing pve and any one wearing trans in pve wants shooting

Ah, but PvE is a significant part of PvP...

Especially since Summerset will bring with it buffed NPC's and buffed Seige; Riposte's nor Trans will not protect you from either of these, but Combat Physician will...

Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on April 23, 2018 1:20PM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caza99 wrote: »
    Jawasa wrote: »
    All shield sets are kinda weak because They are cut i half. So a 4K shield every 6 sek is not that good for example.

A 4k damage shield every 6 secs is 40k complete damage negation per minute...

That's very valuable IMHO...

1) Combat Physician Armor set...
    2) High Spell Crit...
    3) Profit...

But why would you go with something like Combat Phys, when you can use Wizards Riposte which is much more effective.

Wizards Riposte is only effective against opponents that attack you directly...correct?

Combat Physician can benefit any friendly around you; its better all-round IMHO...

But as a healer in any group you will be focused...a lot. So Wizards Riposte becomes more effective. If the shield wasnt so small on combat phys it would be really good, but as far as defensive light armour sets go in PvP it's definitely outpreformed by others. (Wizards Riposte, Transmutation....even Gossamer probably)

Lets do the math on 15% damage negation with Wizards Riposte...

It would reduce a 100 point attack down to 85; saves you 15 health...

It reduces a 1000 point attack down to 850; saves you 150 health...

It reduces a 10000 point attack down to 8500; saves you 1500 health...

The Combat Physician damage shield negates 4.1k damage in a 6 sec span; someone with Wizards Riposte would have to withstand 27340 damage in a 6 sec span just to equal the damage negation you get over 6 secs from Combat Physician (which means your Wizards Riposte user absorbed 23240 damage)...

Think about that...

Combat Physician is better than Wizards Riposte...

In just 1-2sec you can get hit with a suprise attack (~4k), incap (~6k), viper(~3k) and selene (~6k, total ~19k give or take)from one person. Open world you're very rarely going to encounter just one person, so taking 30k+ damage in 6 seconds is more than likely.

In that 19k burst situation, Combat Physician is better than Wizards Riposte; Wizards Riposte will only negate 2850 damage in that span...Combat Physician will negate 4100.

If you are in 5 Light Armor and are subject to a 30k burst, you aren't surviving it without shields; Wizards Riposte isn't saving you against that...

But me with my 28.6k health + my 4.1k Combat Physician shield will...

I've tried combat physician in cyrodil and I will tell you it's bad very very bad

Wizards riposte is better paired with transmutation and you have a wickedly awesome set

Add blood spawn to the mix to keep those ultimates spming and your good to go

Other options

Kags n sanctuary
    Kags n spc
    Trans and SPC

But CP has no place in cyrodil from my testing

Unless you running just two people in a group ... Then as long as your only taking unmanned resources it will be fine and better placed on a heal tank with high damage nightbkade

Disagree with you about CP having no place in Cyrodiil, but clearly we have differing experiences with the set (how much Spell Crit did you run with it? Did you stack HoT's?
    Did you take advantage of the DPS abilities that proc the Damage Shield?) ...

It has been awesome for me; I can Proc the Damage Shield as needed and over time it negates a huge amount of damage...

But to each his own...
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on April 23, 2018 1:24PM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • ascan7
    ascan7
    ✭✭✭
    Disagree with you about CP having no place in Cyrodiil, but clearly we have differing experiences with the set (how much Spell Crit did you run with it? Did you stack HoT's?

It has been awesome for me; I can Proc the Damage Shield as needed and over time it negates a huge amount of damage...

But to each his own...

I think you are just talking a different language.
    Your vampire lord build uses CP effectively, but it's some sort of frontman paladin, not a supportive healer
    Edited by ascan7 on April 23, 2018 2:25PM
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jawasa wrote: »
    All shield sets are kinda weak because They are cut i half. So a 4K shield every 6 sek is not that good for example.

A 4k damage shield every 6 secs is 40k complete damage negation per minute...

That's very valuable IMHO...

1) Combat Physician Armor set...
    2) High Spell Crit...
    3) Profit...

But why would you go with something like Combat Phys, when you can use Wizards Riposte which is much more effective.

Wizards Riposte is only effective against opponents that attack you directly...correct?

Combat Physician can benefit any friendly around you; its better all-round IMHO...

But as a healer in any group you will be focused...a lot. So Wizards Riposte becomes more effective. If the shield wasnt so small on combat phys it would be really good, but as far as defensive light armour sets go in PvP it's definitely outpreformed by others. (Wizards Riposte, Transmutation....even Gossamer probably)

Lets do the math on 15% damage negation with Wizards Riposte...

It would reduce a 100 point attack down to 85; saves you 15 health...

It reduces a 1000 point attack down to 850; saves you 150 health...

It reduces a 10000 point attack down to 8500; saves you 1500 health...

The Combat Physician damage shield negates 4.1k damage in a 6 sec span; someone with Wizards Riposte would have to withstand 27340 damage in a 6 sec span just to equal the damage negation you get over 6 secs from Combat Physician (which means your Wizards Riposte user absorbed 23240 damage)...

Think about that...

Combat Physician is better than Wizards Riposte...

In just 1-2sec you can get hit with a suprise attack (~4k), incap (~6k), viper(~3k) and selene (~6k, total ~19k give or take)from one person. Open world you're very rarely going to encounter just one person, so taking 30k+ damage in 6 seconds is more than likely.

In that 19k burst situation, Combat Physician is better than Wizards Riposte; Wizards Riposte will only negate 2850 damage in that span...Combat Physician will negate 4100.

If you are in 5 Light Armor and are subject to a 30k burst, you aren't surviving it without shields; Wizards Riposte isn't saving you against that...

But me with my 28.6k health + my 4.1k Combat Physician shield will...

I've tried combat physician in cyrodil and I will tell you it's bad very very bad

Wizards riposte is better paired with transmutation and you have a wickedly awesome set

Add blood spawn to the mix to keep those ultimates spming and your good to go

Other options

Kags n sanctuary
    Kags n spc
    Trans and SPC

But CP has no place in cyrodil from my testing

Unless you running just two people in a group ... Then as long as your only taking unmanned resources it will be fine and better placed on a heal tank with high damage nightbkade

But to each his own...
    I think the problem here is playstyle

You say continuously it's awesome for you ... Which I imagine it is ... But this is a thread about what's best for a PvP healer ... And as such we are looking at what is best for the majority of the group and combat physician does not fit a group build as well as other sets mentioned.

It may work week for you but your group are suffering by comparison to how they would if they were to run with me
  • DTAmoral
    DTAmoral
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iv been pvp healing my entire career. I run Heavy Troll King 3 Heavy 1 Light 1 Medium Kags, S&B Jewlery wizards riposte with an asylum resto.

I do not die in 1v1’s 1v2’s it takes atleast 6 people focusing me to die. I push out 20K breath of life’s mist form is our best friend. 30K health 38K Magica 16K Stam 3300 spell damage. 30K resistance 3K crit resistance.

I don’t mean to toot my own horn there are a ton of viable options it all depends on your group you role with. We have a Kags/Sanctuary/Troll we also have a Kags/Trans/Troll. Troll king is by far the most viable set for healers if you are looking for the (Can’t heal if you’re dead) solution. Earthgore is good as well as blood spawn. It all depends on your group. This is just my opinion again. I do claim to be an awesome healer I do not claim to be the best.
    Xbox NA - EP
    Team Rocket's Finest Support
    We are recruiting! Use below link for recruitment!
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/577520/team-rocket-ebonheart-pvp-guild#latest