The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PvP Healer Gear Setups

• Caza99
    Caza99
    ✭✭✭✭
    Caza99 wrote: »
    I'm done lol

You got schooled.

Didn't you know? Funnel + refreshing is > purge hot, the purge and breath smart heals.

Your a noob templar caza

ik I need to L2P :(
    PC NA - @MercerESO
  • Dakmor_Kavu
    Dakmor_Kavu
    ✭✭✭
    Well, aside from the long time addressing a question never put forth in the thread, ya'll did actually give me some good food for thought on Warden/Templar gear loadouts so that is much appreciated.

Seems like something for sustain, monster set for personal survival, and a group utility set seems to be the way to go, and yall had some great suggestions for each. Thanks!
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, aside from the long time addressing a question never put forth in the thread, ya'll did actually give me some good food for thought on Warden/Templar gear loadouts so that is much appreciated.

Seems like something for sustain, monster set for personal survival, and a group utility set seems to be the way to go, and yall had some great suggestions for each. Thanks!

Troll king gives both survival and group survival :smiley:
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Dakmor_Kavu
    Dakmor_Kavu
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, Ive been running troll king thus far. I considered chokethorn as a possible replacement, but its lack of mobility has deterred me so far.

I've also been looking at the Healing Mage set from AA for actual armor. It would seem to be a viable option for a group support role, ESPECIALLY for warden.

(2 items) Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
    (3 items) Adds 967 Max Magicka
    (4 items) Adds 2% Healing Done
    (5 items) When you use an area of effect heal ability, you reduce the Weapon Damage of all enemies within 10 meters of you by 430 for 3 seconds.

Given how many AOE heals a warden is putting out (between Springs, the Ultimate, Seeds) it would seem like a real way to reduce incoming damage for the group. The 10m radius isnt GREAT, but is it really bad enough to not be viable? Or does the reduction in weapon damage not make as big a difference?

*Edit: for open world I can see how the 10m range may inhibit the effective use of the 5 piece bonus, but for BGs it may be more viable where objectives necessitate moving to a certain area/control point?
    Edited by Dakmor_Kavu on June 26, 2017 3:31AM
  • Caza99
    Caza99
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't see it being too usefull purely because 90% of stam builds thsee days use procs so weapon dmg is irrelevant. Wizards Riposte would do a better job at reducing inc dmg to the group
    PC NA - @MercerESO
  • Dakmor_Kavu
    Dakmor_Kavu
    ✭✭✭
    I can't see it being too usefull purely because 90% of stam builds thsee days use procs so weapon dmg is irrelevant. Wizards Riposte would do a better job at reducing inc dmg to the group

Forgot about the proc set crutch. You are indeed correct on where much of the damage is coming from which does sadly mean this set will take a back seat for the time being. If/when proc sets change, I may have to re-visit it then.
  • Dakmor_Kavu
    Dakmor_Kavu
    ✭✭✭
    Cant say I knew about this set before, but is there any reason why the Meritorious Service set isnt mentioned much (I hadnt even seen it mentioned on the boards here before i dont think)

(2 items) Adds 1064 Max Health
    (4 items) Adds 129 Spell Damage
    (5 items) When you cast a Support ability, you increase the Physical and Spell Resistance of up to 4 friendly targets with 10 meters by 3010 for 2 minutes.

Is there some un-mentioned timer that isnt listed? Or is it hard to tell what counts as a "support" ability? Or is the 10m range again benefit-inhibiting?

Thanks in advance for the replies from anyone who has used/tested these sets as well!

• Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cant say I knew about this set before, but is there any reason why the Meritorious Service set isnt mentioned much (I hadnt even seen it mentioned on the boards here before i dont think)

(5 items) When you cast a Support ability, you increase the Physical and Spell Resistance of up to 4 friendly targets with 10 meters by 3010 for 2 minutes.

Is there some un-mentioned timer that isnt listed? Or is it hard to tell what counts as a "support" ability? Or is the 10m range again benefit-inhibiting?

Thanks in advance for the replies from anyone who has used/tested these sets as well!

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Support any of those. None of those skills are all that good, so that is why it not mentioned much.

3k armor is about a 5% damage reduction. Not much. If I was a healer in PvP I would wear kragernac and transmutation. Though that wizards risposte looks real good. Minor main on anyone else that crit damages you, seems good.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on June 26, 2017 5:22AM
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the smartest thing would be to take the basic info you've been given here and talk with the people you play with. Use the intimate knowledge you guys have of each others builds and playstyles to figure out the best specific setup for you and your group.

Just an example, transmutation is a very good set, but if most of your group is running impregnable you can probably offer more support with a different set.

I'll say that I feel very strongly @magic is right and BS is BiS for small group Pvp healers, though, that's group dependant again, if you have nobody else proc'ing troll king then that's at least worth a consideration especially as group size expands and resto ults limited targets starts to get beat by the shear amount of health regen troll king offers without cool down or target cap.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on June 26, 2017 5:23AM
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also theres a build editor on uesp thats quite helpful, saved me million of gold.

Lets you see stats of any potential builds your thinking of using with passives etc...
    PS4 EU DC

• Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    I think the smartest thing would be to take the basic info you've been given here and talk with the people you play with. Use the intimate knowledge you guys have of each others builds and playstyles to figure out the best specific setup for you and your group.

Just an example, transmutation is a very good set, but if most of your group is running impregnable you can probably offer more support with a different set.

I'll say that I feel very strongly @magic is right and BS is BiS for Pvp healers, though, that's groups depressant again, if you have nobody else proc'ing troll king then that's at least worth a consideration as an example

Basically three paragraphs of "it depends". No kidding.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

I'll say that I feel very strongly @magic is right and BS is BiS for small group Pvp healers, though, that's group dependant again, if you have nobody else proc'ing troll king then that's at least worth a consideration especially as group size expands and resto ults limited targets starts to get beat by the shear amount of health regen troll king offers without cool down or target cap.

In cp pvp transmutation is always useful as there no crit cap anymore, even full impen + resistant a transmutation is amazing. 4k crit resist will negate 60% crit dmg or base nb or templar crit dmg. In cp campaign its quite easy to get 20% crit dmg from the star so it'll always be useful.

But i do agree it does depend on whose is in your group, if no one is using troll king a healer will proc it so easily and its 100% worth using over bloodspawn in the situation. Group synergy is important especially if your a small man in open world.

Just having 1 person use trans and another use wizards means.

The enemies will have their base damage lowered by 15%
    Then if the skill they use crits and you have trans thats another 18% less dmg done. It makes such a different.

Say if a skill would have a non crit of 5000 and a crit modifier of 1.5x (base crit dmg for all classes), then thats 7500

With wizards that base dmg goes to 4250

Then the crit dmg goes to 1.32 so 5610...

From 7500 to 5610.

@Dakmor_Kavu Like its been suggested talk to your group, get some synergy going , your gonna be at a disadvantage as a small group because of zergs and as a healer your going to be targeted.

PS4 EU DC

• Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭

MS is for large groups where the healers already run the other PvP support sets like transmutation, gossamer and spc. The moment your group has really special roles, MS will be the goto set for the purger, who is playing high ulti and magicka regen to shield (barrier) and purge the group.
    Just like Powerful Assault, which is for the rapid bot who spams retreating maneuver to make the group move fast and impossible to root, playing high stamina and ulti regen to enable a high warhorn uptime.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Real question on the support sets: How come people seem to avoid ones like those listed below? Is providing shields just not as beneficia (or too small?)l, or is there something in the way the sets proc that makes them less advantageous?

Bands of the Imperium:
    (3 items) Adds 1064 Max Health
    (4 items) Adds 4% Healing Taken
    (5 items) When you take damage, you have a 10% chance to grant you and your allies within 8 meters a damage shield that absorbs 12040 damage for 6 seconds. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds.

or

Combat Physician:
    (2 items) Adds 967 Max Magicka
    (3 items) Adds 688 Spell Critical
    (4 items) Adds 688 Spell Critical
    (5 items) When you critically heal a friendly target, you grant them a damage shield that absorbs 8195 damage for 8 seconds. This effect can occur once every 6 seconds.

or even

Prayer Shawl:

(3 tiems) Adds 129 Spell Damage
    (4 items) Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
    (5 items) When you heal a friendly target, you have a 6% chance to grant them a damage shield that absorbs 2340 damage for 6 seconds.

I pound the drum furiously for the Combat Physician armor set...

Its the best Defensive Light Armor set out there IMHO...

Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • Caza99
    Caza99
    ✭✭✭✭
    Real question on the support sets: How come people seem to avoid ones like those listed below? Is providing shields just not as beneficia (or too small?)l, or is there something in the way the sets proc that makes them less advantageous?

Bands of the Imperium:
    (5 items) When you take damage, you have a 10% chance to grant you and your allies within 8 meters a damage shield that absorbs 12040 damage for 6 seconds. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds.

or

Combat Physician:
    (5 items) When you critically heal a friendly target, you grant them a damage shield that absorbs 8195 damage for 8 seconds. This effect can occur once every 6 seconds.

or even

Prayer Shawl:

(5 items) When you heal a friendly target, you have a 6% chance to grant them a damage shield that absorbs 2340 damage for 6 seconds.

Definitely not for PvP. The shield is cut in half. So it's really a 4.1k shield every 6 seconds. That's one Viper proc and RIP the shield.
    PC NA - @MercerESO
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jawasa wrote: »
    All shield sets are kinda weak because They are cut i half. So a 4K shield every 6 sek is not that good for example.

A 4k damage shield every 6 secs is 40k complete damage negation per minute...

That's very valuable IMHO...

1) Combat Physician Armor set...
    2) High Spell Crit...
    3) Profit...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • Caza99
    Caza99
    ✭✭✭✭
    All shield sets are kinda weak because They are cut i half. So a 4K shield every 6 sek is not that good for example.

2) High Spell Crit...
    3) Profit...

But why would you go with something like Combat Phys, when you can use Wizards Riposte which is much more effective.
    PC NA - @MercerESO
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2) High Spell Crit...
    3) Profit...

But why would you go with something like Combat Phys, when you can use Wizards Riposte which is much more effective.

Wizards Riposte is only effective against opponents that attack you directly...correct?

Combat Physician can benefit any friendly around you; its better all-round IMHO...

Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bands of the Imperium:

or

Combat Physician:

or even

Prayer Shawl:

Definitely not for PvP. The shield is cut in half. So it's really a 4.1k shield every 6 seconds. That's one Viper proc and RIP the shield.

That's ok...

That's 4.1k damage that I wont take and I will be counterattacking...

If I do 4.1k damage to my opponent in the same span that I negate 4.1k of his damage, that puts me significantly ahead of him doesn't it?

Edit: And the way I am built and how I use my abilities, the damage shield will be back every 6 secs faithfully; that 4.1k damage negation will add up...

From top to bottom I think its better than anything else available for Light...

Its good for personal use as well as group use...

Its good for both soloing in PvP and PvE...

Its far better than its given credit for...
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on June 27, 2017 12:07AM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • Caza99
    Caza99
    ✭✭✭✭

2) High Spell Crit...
    3) Profit...

Wizards Riposte is only effective against opponents that attack you directly...correct?

Combat Physician can benefit any friendly around you; its better all-round IMHO...

But as a healer in any group you will be focused...a lot. So Wizards Riposte becomes more effective. If the shield wasnt so small on combat phys it would be really good, but as far as defensive light armour sets go in PvP it's definitely outpreformed by others. (Wizards Riposte, Transmutation....even Gossamer probably)
    PC NA - @MercerESO
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2) High Spell Crit...
    3) Profit...

But as a healer in any group you will be focused...a lot. So Wizards Riposte becomes more effective. If the shield wasnt so small on combat phys it would be really good, but as far as defensive light armour sets go in PvP it's definitely outpreformed by others. (Wizards Riposte, Transmutation....even Gossamer probably)

Lets do the math on 15% damage negation with Wizards Riposte...

It would reduce a 100 point attack down to 85; saves you 15 health...

It reduces a 1000 point attack down to 850; saves you 150 health...

It reduces a 10000 point attack down to 8500; saves you 1500 health...

The Combat Physician damage shield negates 4.1k damage in a 6 sec span; someone with Wizards Riposte would have to withstand 27340 damage in a 6 sec span just to equal the damage negation you get over 6 secs from Combat Physician (which means your Wizards Riposte user absorbed 23240 damage)...

Think about that...

Combat Physician is better than Wizards Riposte...
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on June 27, 2017 12:29AM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wizard's riposte can reduce dmg taken for all allies arround (and when looking at multiple players, those 27k dmg in 6 seconds is nothing), while combat physician procs only on 1 player each time.
    Edited by Rianai on June 27, 2017 12:34AM
  • Caza99
    Caza99
    ✭✭✭✭

2) High Spell Crit...
    3) Profit...

The Combat Physician damage shield negates 4.1k damage in a 6 sec span; someone with Wizards Riposte would have to withstand 27340 damage in a 6 sec span just to equal the damage negation you get over 6 secs from Combat Physician (which means your Wizards Riposte user absorbed 23240 damage)...

Think about that...

In just 1-2sec you can get hit with a suprise attack (~4k), incap (~6k), viper(~3k) and selene (~6k, total ~19k give or take)from one person. Open world you're very rarely going to encounter just one person, so taking 30k+ damage in 6 seconds is more than likely.
    PC NA - @MercerESO
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rianai wrote: »
    Wizard's riposte can reduce dmg taken for all allies arround (and when looking at multiple players, those 27k dmg in 6 seconds is nothing), while combat physician procs only on 1 player each time.

That's definitely true...

Wizards Riposte is a good set; no question about it and there are situations where it will beat Combat Physician...

As a whole though, I think Combat Physician is better...

Lets imagine a 1 minute fight against a world boss...

I can easily get the Combat Physician damage shield to proc on me multiple times in that span; lets assume a low estimate and say I get it to proc on me 3 times in the span of a minute (and I routinely get it to proc on me more often than this)...

In that span I've negated over 24000 points of damage; how much damage would a Wizards Riposte player have to sustain in 1 minute to equal 24000 points of damage negation?

160,000 points of damage...

LoL...

IMHO Combat Physician is better than Wizards Riposte; the numbers bare this out more often than not...

Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on June 27, 2017 1:36AM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2) High Spell Crit...
    3) Profit...

Think about that...

In just 1-2sec you can get hit with a suprise attack (~4k), incap (~6k), viper(~3k) and selene (~6k, total ~19k give or take)from one person. Open world you're very rarely going to encounter just one person, so taking 30k+ damage in 6 seconds is more than likely.

In that 19k burst situation, Combat Physician is better than Wizards Riposte; Wizards Riposte will only negate 2850 damage in that span...Combat Physician will negate 4100.

If you are in 5 Light Armor and are subject to a 30k burst, you aren't surviving it without shields; Wizards Riposte isn't saving you against that...

But me with my 28.6k health + my 4.1k Combat Physician shield will...

Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wizards maim works on shields + hp.

So you lose the shield on the shield proc sets while wizards is basically always up.

You take a lot of dmg in pvp.
    PS4 EU DC

• TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wizards maim works on shields + hp.

So you lose the shield on the shield proc sets while wizards is basically always up.

You take a lot of dmg in pvp.

I realize that...

But I also realize what the numbers tell me and what I have experienced ingame...

Combat Physician is ridiculously underrated (IMHO of course); its proven its worth to me many times over...

You guys can champion whatever gear set you like, but I take Combat Physician over any Defensive Light Armor set in this game and I don't look back...

Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    But you can see yourself that it's just outclassed by all other sets that's what the numbers say. For example transmutation and wizard repost helps the entire group instead of your single target shield. So the set is on par in single player in a few cases and outclassed when in group.
  • Caza99
    Caza99
    ✭✭✭✭

2) High Spell Crit...
    3) Profit...

Think about that...

In that 19k burst situation, Combat Physician is better than Wizards Riposte; Wizards Riposte will only negate 2850 damage in that span...Combat Physician will negate 4100.

If you are in 5 Light Armor and are subject to a 30k burst, you aren't surviving it without shields; Wizards Riposte isn't saving you against that...

If you're talking solo then yeah Combat Physician will work wonders. However if you're in a group (which this thread is about), it's incredibly unreliable and will only affect one team mate every 6 seconds. However something like Wizards or Transmutation are always up and help every single player in the group.
    In the situation I described earlier with the procblade...assume you're in a 3v5 fight when this burst occurs. Combat Physician proc'd 2 seconds ago on another ally. Now it's useless for the next 4 seconds while the stamblade is bursting your ally. However other sets like Transmutation, Gossamer or Wizards could potentially save them.
    If you're solo or maybe 2 people then yeah Combat Physician is probably really good. But as far as group based pvp goes, Combat Physician isnt as good as it's alternatives.
    Edited by Caza99 on June 27, 2017 3:57AM
    PC NA - @MercerESO
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2) High Spell Crit...
    3) Profit...

Think about that...

If you're talking solo then yeah Combat Physician will work wonders. However if you're in a group (which this thread is about), it's incredibly unreliable and will only affect one team mate every 6 seconds. However something like Wizards or Transmutation are always up and help every single player in the group.
    In the situation I described earlier with the procblade...assume you're in a 3v5 fight when this burst occurs. Combat Physician proc'd 2 seconds ago on another ally. Now it's useless for the next 4 seconds while the stamblade is bursting your ally. However other sets like Transmutation, Gossamer or Wizards could potentially save them.
    If you're solo or maybe 2 people then yeah Combat Physician is probably really good. But as far as group based pvp goes, Combat Physician isnt as good as it's alternatives.

If I'm in a group, I can insure that I get the damage shield...

Afterall, there are dps abilities that proc it... ;)

That's part of the beauty with this set; I can simultaneously (and utilize it in this fashion on a regular basis) damage my opponent, heal, and proc the damage shield (all in a single button push)...

And yes, I do agree that in group PvP that some of the other sets outclass it...

But once again, as I've stated earlier, from top to bottom (in other words when factoring in every aspect of this game), Combat Physician is superior...

Transmutation (for example) is vastly inferior to Combat Physician in PvE, and so is Wizards Riposte when facing a single powerful opponent (as I demonstrated mathematically when facing a Overworld Boss)...

But to each his own...

Those other sets are good and shine in a more narrow set of circumstances than Combat Physician does...

Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on June 27, 2017 4:18AM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC