The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PvP Healer Gear Setups

Dakmor_Kavu
Dakmor_Kavu
✭✭✭
My purpose in this thread is these 3 questions (when considering playing a healer in PvP):

1- What setups do other pvp healers like to use AND what is the thought process behind it? Do you aim for personal survival/tankiness (cant heal when youre dead), or do you sacrifice that a bit in favor of more resources/group utility? Im always curious to not just know what setups people use, but what pros/cons they considered when making the choice.

2- How do you change this (or would you change this) for Cyrodill as compared to BGs? The wide open nature of Cyrodill often conflicts greatly with BGs, but at the same time there is a good chance you will find yourself alone in either scenario, or running with a small group in either case. Do you change your setup and if so, what do you do?

3 - Templar vs Warden. How differently do you set them up? Do you even? As I stated already I have a feeling the warden doesnt need much more raw healing power, but Im not sure at this point what sets I would look to use.

Personally I've run a lot of Cyrodill in the past with both my templar and warden healers and enjoy using Kagrenac, Sanctuary, and the Troll King sets (S&B/resto weapons) which has been great for sustain/resources, raw healing power, and quick res's. Ive enjoyed the templar in the kagrenacs/sanc/troll king, but really think the warden has enough raw healing output going that I could switch it up a bit. I've been considering going with necropotence and imperium with a monster set (S&B/resto weapons again) which is what inspired this whole thread.

Having also only run 1 BG so far I am curious what folks consider when healing there as well.
Edited by Dakmor_Kavu on June 24, 2017 6:08PM
  • CMurder435
    CMurder435
    ✭✭
    Umm if u mean like to zerg heal bot..then no clue. Naked if I had to guess. However if you looking for a support role in terms of solo/small-scale and bgs then I can let you know when I get my vid uploaded. Having issues but was going to post it this morning and still trying to fix it.
  • Dakmor_Kavu
    Dakmor_Kavu
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah definitely thinking small scale. Able to run with a group of 4 primarily, with occasional groups as large as 6-10.

Stuff for organized group play, not just running with huge numbers.
    Edited by Dakmor_Kavu on June 24, 2017 7:10PM
  • Magıc
    Magıc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2x Blood Spawn/2x Regen monster sets/2x Max stat monster sets + Sustain set + support set.

Support sets: Wizard riposte, Spell power cure, Worm, Sanctuary, Gossamer, Transmutation. Probably some more I can't think of.

Sustain set is preference really.

BS is BiS imo, for the resto ult spam. Support sets I think you could put into a tier list. Trans/Riposte maybe best, SPC next, then the rest below. If you can sustain fine, then you could run two sustain sets. If you want to play blockplar, then syrabane or desert rose + 2nd set.
  • Dakmor_Kavu
    Dakmor_Kavu
    ✭✭✭
    The basic idea was a build that can stay alive (even if being focused at times), and keep dishing out the healing/support. Whether that support is in the form of shield proc sets to provide group survivability, or dps oriented ones like SPC, was what I was trying to get a handle on.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With all due respect, is there a particular reason you are singling out templar and warden exclusively here? There are 3 other very strong options you are not considering.
  • CMurder435
    CMurder435
    ✭✭
    Yeah definitely thinking small scale. Able to run with a group of 4 primarily, with occasional groups as large as 6-10.

Stuff for organized group play, not just running with huge numbers.

https://youtu.be/sWaYQwMwcCY
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pick one: Valkyn, BloodSpawn, Pirate Skeleton

Pick Two: Riposte, Impreg, SPC, Transmute, Kag, Shacklebreaker

Race: Argonian, Breton, or High Elf

Sw/Sh + <Resto / DW / Destro>
  • Dakmor_Kavu
    Dakmor_Kavu
    ✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »
    With all due respect, is there a particular reason you are singling out templar and warden exclusively here? There are 3 other very strong options you are not considering.

Because theyre generally considered to have the best healing class trees which provide healing/group buffing options aside from simply relying on restoration staff?

Yes Ive know/run with good healers of all class, but its generally pretty clear on what 2 classes sit at the top of the healing category.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Because theyre generally considered to have the best healing class trees which provide healing/group buffing options aside from simply relying on restoration staff?

Yes Ive know/run with good healers of all class, but its generally pretty clear on what 2 classes sit at the top of the healing category.

Well your assumption is wrong unfortunately.
  • Caza99
    Caza99
    ✭✭✭✭

What? lol How is he wrong
    PC NA - @MercerESO
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Caza99 wrote: »

Because fundementally for example you can achive just as much utility and raw healing output by all 5 of classes in the pvp healer role.

To assume warden and templar are the only suited healers at the top in pvp is to be both short sighted and uninformed.
    Edited by exeeter702 on June 25, 2017 6:15AM
  • Caza99
    Caza99
    ✭✭✭✭

Because fundementally for example you can achive just as much utility and raw healing output by all 5 of classes in the pvp healer role.

To assume warden and templar are the only suited healers at the top in pvp is to be both short sighted and uninformed.

You really can't. Pet Sorcs are really the only one that can compete in raw healing output to a group, but its reliant on the pet which can and will die a lot. I cannot speak about Wardens because I know little to nothing about the class, but having played all 4 others in PvP I can tell you that without a doubt magicka templar cannot be outperformed when it comes to a PvP healer. Sure the others can be *strong* but none of them can top a magplar. I really don't think I have to explain why.
    Edited by Caza99 on June 25, 2017 7:46AM
    PC NA - @MercerESO
  • ascan7
    ascan7
    ✭✭✭
    Magıc wrote: »
    Sustain set is preference really.

What are the sustain sets? thing like Lich or Seducer?
  • Dakmor_Kavu
    Dakmor_Kavu
    ✭✭✭
    Real question on the support sets: How come people seem to avoid ones like those listed below? Is providing shields just not as beneficia (or too small?)l, or is there something in the way the sets proc that makes them less advantageous?

Bands of the Imperium:
    (2 items) Adds 1064 Max Health
    (3 items) Adds 1064 Max Health
    (4 items) Adds 4% Healing Taken
    (5 items) When you take damage, you have a 10% chance to grant you and your allies within 8 meters a damage shield that absorbs 12040 damage for 6 seconds. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds.

or

Combat Physician:
    (2 items) Adds 967 Max Magicka
    (3 items) Adds 688 Spell Critical
    (4 items) Adds 688 Spell Critical
    (5 items) When you critically heal a friendly target, you grant them a damage shield that absorbs 8195 damage for 8 seconds. This effect can occur once every 6 seconds.

or even

Prayer Shawl:

(2 items) Adds 967 Max Magicka
    (3 tiems) Adds 129 Spell Damage
    (4 items) Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
    (5 items) When you heal a friendly target, you have a 6% chance to grant them a damage shield that absorbs 2340 damage for 6 seconds.
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    All shield sets are kinda weak because They are cut i half. So a 4K shield every 6 sek is not that good for example.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You really can't. Pet Sorcs are really the only one that can compete in raw healing output to a group, but its reliant on the pet which can and will die a lot. I cannot speak about Wardens because I know little to nothing about the class, but having played all 4 others in PvP I can tell you that without a doubt magicka templar cannot be outperformed when it comes to a PvP healer. Sure the others can be *strong* but none of them can top a magplar. I really don't think I have to explain why.

Well i wont turn this into a thread educating people not in the know about raw healing output between the classes and how they are objectively on par with one another all things considered. If you think bol and matriarch are what make or break pvp healing or that templar wins out in other categories such as utility, you have a great deal to learn about how the classes actually function as healers under the hood.
    Edited by exeeter702 on June 25, 2017 8:27PM
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well i wont turn this into a thread educating people not in the know about raw healing output between the classes and how they are objectively on par with one another all things considered. If you think bol and matriarch are what make or break pvp healing or that templar wins out in other categories such as utility, you have a great deal to learn about how the classes actually function as healers under the hood.

Magplar is the best healer, simple.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • wrapped
    wrapped
    ✭✭
    Id say 2x pirate skelly
    5 seducer heavy
    5 desert rose 2x 1h shields
    Ive played it vrry little but it was decent setup
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

K
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

K

Tell me a set up better than a heavy magplar with troll king/ trans/ seducer? With breath smart heals? With the ability their purge? With constant minor mending + ult heal with is also a smart heal?
    PS4 EU DC

• Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭

K

Tell me a set up better than a heavy magplar with troll king/ trans/ seducer? With breath smart heals? With the ability their purge? With constant minor mending + ult heal with is also a smart heal?

A light armor magplar. Noone in his right mind will go heavy if he can stack skeleton, transmutation and riposte in 5 light for a whooping 55-60% damage reduction on yourself and ~25% group damage reduction with high crit and perfect sustain.
    Edited by Berenhir on June 25, 2017 10:48PM
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

K

Swap seducer for an aggressive set and copy the rest. Or run wizards repost for wide minor maim coverage. Put it on a nb. 3 times the group wide hot potency plus, and twice the ult generation. Lights champion uptime > remembrance. Better application of troll king and transmutation when not immediately in range. Minor mending is off set entriely by siphoning outgoing healing increase passives and funnel health ticks even moreso if argonian. Healing ward, mutagen and lights champion is the only burst heal an intelliegent group requires unless you are playing the brain dead cyrodil zerg game.

Small scale where individual skill is paramount, nb healers are excpetional and easily compete with a templar in pvp that actually asks for performance from players.
  • Caza99
    Caza99
    ✭✭✭✭

K

Swap seducer for an aggressive set and copy the rest. Or run wizards repost for wide minor maim coverage. Put it on a nb. 3 times the group wide hot potency plus, and twice the ult generation. Lights champion uptime > remembrance. Better application of troll king and transmutation when not immediately in range. Minor mending is off set entriely by siphoning outgoing healing increase passives and funnel health ticks even moreso if argonian. Healing ward, mutagen and lights champion is the only burst heal an intelliegent group requires unless you are playing the brain dead cyrodil zerg game.

Small scale where individual skill is paramount, nb healers are excpetional and easily compete with a templar in pvp that actually asks for performance from players.

How are your heal over times going to out heal the 20k burst damage of a procblade?
    PC NA - @MercerESO
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

K

How are your heal over times going to out heal the 20k burst damage of a procblade?

They aren't. Thats barely gonna keep them alive from 1 destro ult. He's also gonna get melted if he's focused. Ward isn't enough.

K

The funnel hot is bad, it goes off your damage which is halved, then the heal iis halved again.
    The rapid regen heal isn't a nb skill.
    Resto ult isn't a nb skill.

Whats to stop a magplar using rapid regen + resto ult if needed with purge hot + utility and breath burst heal?

In fact if you was gonna go an 'ult healer' build then i'd go a mag warden.

Bloodspawn/ troll king
    5x heavy tavas
    5x trans - Because utilility

Major heroism from warden projectile absorb
    Minor for heroic slash
    3 ult/s from tavas
    3 ult/s from natural ult gen
    5 ult/s from vamp drain
    15 ult burst from bloodspawn
    4 Ult burst from warden passive - which is the same as every other class passive ult gen.
    Decisive weapons.

Should allow a large uptime on both warden aoe ult which would be better in tight situation as it heals everyone and resto ult which would be better in less closed spaces because of its smart healing.

2x regen, 1x cost reduction, witchmother + argonian. Easy 2.5k~ magicka regen, all tri glyphs. Use of rapid regen + warden other heals + debuffs such as aoe defile etc... There we go a better healer than your nb...

Though its hard to beat breath spam.
    PS4 EU DC

• Dakmor_Kavu
    Dakmor_Kavu
    ✭✭✭
    Jawasa wrote: »
    All shield sets are kinda weak because They are cut i half. So a 4K shield every 6 sek is not that good for example.

This was exactly what I was neglecting to take into account and fully explains why shield sets are not the boon I had been thinking they might be. Thanks!
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

K

The only time a procblade is unloading 20k on you is from a gank, where transmutation isnt running. To answer your question, you dont heal through it, if the gank fails you simply recover it while the procblade keels over. And if one must go into further detail humoring such a poor question, a nightblade is only doing that type of damage to a single target in which case HW will smart cast regardless. If you cant understand the healing potential of funnel health, refreshing path and mutgen ticks plus its burst tick on low health targets then i can help you.

Wether or not templars are better at healing bad players is an entirely seperate discussion.
    Edited by exeeter702 on June 25, 2017 11:45PM
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

K

The only time a procblade is unloading 20k on you is from a gank, where transmutation isnt running. To answer your question, you dont heal through it, if the gank fails you simply recover it while the procblade keels over. And if one must go into further detail humoromg such a poor question. A proc blade is only doing that type of damage to a single target in which case HW will smart cast regardless. If you cant understand the healing potential of funnel health, refreshing path and mutgen ticks plus its burst tick on low health targets then i can help you.

Wether or not templars are better at healing bad players is an entirely seperate discussion.

Bad players/ good players, templars are just better healers.

Your refreshing path isn't going to be very useful in open places, your funnel is a crap hot, mutagen is good but i prefer rapid regen but its not a nb skill.

Anyone can use HW, anyone can use resto ult.

So nb is better because of funnel and refreshing path over templar purge hot and breath with minor mending?

How exactly does this nb healer survive? Is he in light? If hes in heavy his funnel dmg will be bad and there the hot will be bad. If he's in light he'll die if he's focused.. How exactly do you manage to keep your entire team on refreshing path? The more people in your team the less effective your 5s resto ult will be, it can't heal everyone.
    PS4 EU DC

• Caza99
    Caza99
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm done lol
    PC NA - @MercerESO
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm done lol

You got schooled.

Didn't you know? Funnel + refreshing is > purge hot, the purge and breath smart heals.

Your a noob templar caza
    PS4 EU DC

• exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm done lol

As am i