Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Magicka dragon knight secondary weapon

kmufc77b16_ESO
kmufc77b16_ESO
✭✭✭
Hello, im new to the game so i need some help please :)

Im levelling a DK and im now level 15.

Im focusing on magicka and using a destruction staff, what second weapon should i use?

Should i equip another destruction staff using other skills? or use something else?

Is it pointless to use say a sword or bow for a second weapon which use stamina? when im putting all points into magicka?

Any advice for what second weapon to use would be much appreciated.

• Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably resto staff so you have access to healing ward.
    Edited by Skinzz on June 18, 2017 10:46PM
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Either another Destro Staff on back bar, either 2 fire or one lightning one fire. Or as stated earlier Resto staff. Some PvP magicka builds do use One Handed and shield for more tankier magicka set ups.
  • kmufc77b16_ESO
    kmufc77b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the suggestions
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Level up your Restoration staff alongside destruction, leave sword and shield for the 3rd spot.
    The Flyers
  • sarbonn
    sarbonn
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, definitely resto staff.
    Clueless, but willing to learn.
  • wrapped
    wrapped
    ✭✭
    1h shield / destro staff
    Magicka DK can heal by using power leash, burning embers, coagulating blood, deepbreath and boost that heal by 25% with ignious shield.
    Burning talons, Draw essence or deep breath, coagulating blood,ignious shield on 1h shield bar
    Flame leash,Burning embers, gap closers, buffs and dots and what ever u want u can put on the destro staff bar.

• Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1h/shield and destro stick is my go to set up for most content on mag dk.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • kmufc77b16_ESO
    kmufc77b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks again for the suggestions ^
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ideally for any magicka build I would try to level up all the class skills, all three armor skills, vampire, mages guild, fighter's guild, resto, destro, sword & shield, dual wield. Then when you are max level, you have a lot of flexibility to choose a build concept.

Keep in mind as you are leveling up, you can keep swapping out various abilities from the other weapon skill lines on your bar while you are killing stuff with destro staff or turning in quests.

Edited by IcyDeadPeople on June 21, 2017 10:31PM
  • kmufc77b16_ESO
    kmufc77b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Regarding the sword and shield for a second weapon, do i "NOT" put any points in the sword and shield skills if im running a Magicka build??

And thanks to all that have helped in this thread :)
    Edited by kmufc77b16_ESO on June 22, 2017 11:39AM
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Regarding the sword and shield for a second weapon, do i "NOT" put any points in the sword and shield skills if im running a Magicka build??

Personally I would try to max out sword and shield while leveling up any magicka character, any class, but especially magikca DK builds tend to use sword and shield.

As for the skills, I would at least spend a point to unlock puncture, so you can put the skill on your bar to level up S&B while killing stuff with destro staff AOE for example. Later I would unlock Defensive Posture / Defensive stance, which is a pretty useful skill for magicka builds, and of course Shield Wall.

Edited by IcyDeadPeople on June 22, 2017 3:21PM
  • kmufc77b16_ESO
    kmufc77b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Personally I would try to max out sword and shield while leveling up any magicka character, any class, but especially magikca DK builds tend to use sword and shield.

As for the skills, I would at least spend a point to unlock puncture, so you can put the skill on your bar to level up S&B while killing stuff with destro staff AOE for example. Later I would unlock Defensive Posture / Defensive stance, which is a pretty useful skill for magicka builds, and of course Shield Wall.

Thanks, ill try this
  • Trashkan
    Trashkan
    ✭✭✭
    I rock duel wield for the bonus % damage done but you might want to learn the dance before attempting.
    Edited by Trashkan on June 23, 2017 11:00AM