The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Do you like the new Telvanni Tower Tel Galen?

Gothren
Gothren
✭✭✭✭✭
Lt4VfEB.png
Edited by Gothren on June 15, 2017 9:56PM

Do you like the new Telvanni Tower Tel Galen? 176 votes

Yes it looks awesome
13%
chuck-18_ESODeadlyReclusegresiacAlienSlofkoekie1991b16_ESOkip_silverwolfaxellsladeTheTwistedRunemakeumragenetch_a_sketchJuhiz85CloudlessMasturCheefMarkusLibertyIzakimethod__01NoW_FoReVeRboggoAriotarNeetar 23 votes
Yes it looks decent
22%
WaTeR-aBuSeRGlassHalfFullSigtricKlemenziusb16_ESOsteff127b16_ESOixieJasonSilverSpringGothrenXeroxedSheezabeastTavore1138AjaxandrielElsonsoAdernathAmourvulturMrCray78ReverbpareidolonAkrasjel 40 votes
No it doesn't look that good
15%
SlurgBlackSparrowDarkstorneMattock_RomulushondelinkalsurandsalterLylithArundoTaleof2CitiesillusionarythadeMetamoncode65536Pepper8JackMalkorgaMissFairyDovahmiimf0dderHluillNateS4 27 votes
No it looks awful
48%
Karius_ImaltharGilvothAvidsparkNewBlacksmurfGreyleafRainwhisperVehlirSvenjaIruil_ESODanikatLauranaeMamaDruidbriank741Brother_NumsieAnath_QValen_BytemertustarynthLivvyIdinuse 86 votes
  • Gothren
    Gothren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it looks decent
    I would have liked a little bit room and a dungeon. Top tower is a bit small. Also a balcony connected on the upper tower is much needed.
    Edited by Gothren on June 15, 2017 9:27PM
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it looks awesome
    I'm one of those few who like the Telvanni towers and been waiting for this for some time. As soon as it appeared on the CS, I moved right in!

Then I invited Ibomez the Flesh Sculptor round to help with the decorating... ;)

*Edit: It's Tel Galen.

Edited by AlienSlof on June 15, 2017 9:51PM
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Gothren
    Gothren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it looks decent
    AlienSlof wrote: »
    I'm one of those few who like the Telvanni towers and been waiting for this for some time. As soon as it appeared on the CS, I moved right in!

Then I invited Ibomez the Flesh Sculptor round to help with the decorating... ;)

*Edit: It's Tel Galen.

sorry about that fixed the name. I haven't bought any houses or funishings yet until today. I was saving it for when they would eventually make a telvanni house. I plan to decorate it mostly with telvanni and daedric stuff. Im kinda overwhelmed with the amount of furnishings but eventually Ill get it to the way I like it.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No it looks awful
    I suspect a mushroom tower was always going to be a bit of a niche thing. I know some people have loved them since they first played Morrowind (I'm not sure Arena or Daggerfall had them), to the point where not only Morrowind but also Oblivion and Skyrim had mods to let you live in one, and an earlier Google search told me people have re-created them in Minecraft and various other games.

But ultimately you're living in a giant mushroom. In Morrowind they were dark and confusing and very brown, in ESO they kind of look like the aftermath of Akira. It's never going to be an asthetic which appeals to everyone.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it looks decent
    I'm torn over it. The teleporter is cool yes but Zos didn't even recolor the flesh antronauch flesh! Its hideous and everywhere....I want to like this, it looks nice furnished on the inside but the outside is nauseating.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • pareidolon
    pareidolon
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it looks decent
    I'm torn also. It has a charm to it, but it seems very restrictive for a notable home worth 8k-10k crowns. Considering the size I expected something more like Tel Uvirith, more winding paths and architecture to showcase the height. But it seems Telvanni architecture in ESO is much more simple and earthy. I wonder how high you can build up around the outside.
  • Ariotar
    Ariotar
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it looks awesome
    pareidolon wrote: »
    I'm torn also. It has a charm to it, but it seems very restrictive for a notable home worth 8k-10k crowns. Considering the size I expected something more like Tel Uvirith, more winding paths and architecture to showcase the height. But it seems Telvanni architecture in ESO is much more simple and earthy. I wonder how high you can build up around the outside.

While I agree it could use more space in the actual tower, there is a ton of buildable space in the "backyard." A very large portion of the water can be built upon.
    Proud AD for life
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No it looks awful
    I'm not much of a crown buyer and never buy anything from crown store except for Race change token and Horse Upgrades. These promotion popups upon login for the new items, i discard them ASAP, but this New tower somehow made me go in there, and i was standign there with my mouth open, 8-000 crwons for this pile of some attro flesh. Made me puke. I had seen this tower before in Tel-Naga but never expected it to become a house. I'm really disappointed byt the weird execution of this house design.
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it looks decent
    It looks like it would smell bad, but it's well done for what it is.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No it looks awful
    The outside seem nice, the inside looks horrible to me,
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it looks decent
    If they retextured it to a nice brown/green, it would be amazing.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • Vehlir
    Vehlir
    ✭✭✭✭
    No it looks awful
    Telvanni architecture has been long adored and anticipated and I think a lot of people, including myself were excited when we heard of it's arrival.

But I got to admit, I think they really missed an opportunity to make something special with this one. I'm not going to even harp on the whole fleshy appearance that everyone has, rightfully so, noticed,(However I do agree, it looks awful), but they really left out what would have been great additions. They should have included the seperate pods that protruded from the main root, like we all loved in TES3! Especially considering this property was one of the higher scale/higher price ones, why not give us a couple pods sprawling about the exterior for 1, a better aesthetic and 2 more rooms?

Fantastic idea, but as much as it saddens me to say it, quite poor execution. I imagine it's much too late to expect any additions now, but hopefully in the future they really put in the effort and extra attention to detail for these.
    Edited by Vehlir on June 16, 2017 6:05AM
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No it looks awful
    It looks better in the picture than it does in the game. In person, it looks like the home is made up from flesh atronach parts.
  • MercTheMage
    MercTheMage
    ✭✭✭✭
    No it looks awful
    I'm sorry, but it looks disgusting.
    The inside looks cozy, but PLZ CHANGE THE OUTSIDE.
    Edited by MercTheMage on June 16, 2017 7:10AM
    You just going to stand there like a lemon?
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No it looks awful
    golemtower

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it looks decent
    Sometimes the "disgusting" look fits well
    kyl2silithus.jpg
    (Do you remind Silithus Hives in warcraft ? how badass to have got yours !...but it's lacking these nightmarish outgrowths)

Anyway I feel the flesh coloration of the tower is a shame.
    The house deserves more brownish-greenish recolor (or even blueish alien-like). At least as a dye option ? (omg I just gave another idea to ZOS for making money :expressionless::smiley: )

TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it looks decent
    Fine with the tower itself, not super impressed with it. Love the property outside. Room up top is so small it is the big turn off for me.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vehlir wrote: »
    Telvanni architecture has been long adored and anticipated and I think a lot of people, including myself were excited when we heard of it's arrival.

But I got to admit, I think they really missed an opportunity to make something special with this one. I'm not going to even harp on the whole fleshy appearance that everyone has, rightfully so, noticed,(However I do agree, it looks awful), but they really left out what would have been great additions. They should have included the seperate pods that protruded from the main root, like we all loved in TES3! Especially considering this property was one of the higher scale/higher price ones, why not give us a couple pods sprawling about the exterior for 1, a better aesthetic and 2 more rooms?

Fantastic idea, but as much as it saddens me to say it, quite poor execution. I imagine it's much too late to expect any additions now, but hopefully in the future they really put in the effort and extra attention to detail for these.

So much this. One of the most charming things about Tels is their separate pods and multiple layers connected by tunnels. There were so many chances to do something creative with this. The teleporter is cool, but it's really just a load screen, which removes a lot of the "tower" feel.

I ended up building a bunch of walkways and sky platforms all over it. I'll probably spend most of my time in this house on the exterior, just because the interior is so underwhelming.

TG18.png

Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • MamaDruid
    MamaDruid
    ✭✭✭
    No it looks awful
    It doesn't at all meet my expectations. I would only buy it (furnished) for the Telvanni furniture and I'm not yet sold on that idea. :neutral:

And the way it's being offered comes across scammy and I'm not sure I want to support that method with my dollars.

However, after returning from a break I found many crown purchased costumes had disappeared from my collection and I have no proof of purchase... and yet I still buy/spend crowns. :neutral:

Color me undecided, about the furniture. Tel Galen is underwhelming.
    Edited by MamaDruid on June 16, 2017 6:54PM
    Most people go through life dreading they'll have a traumatic experience. Freaks were born with their trauma. They've already passed their test in life. They're aristocrats.
    ― Diane Arbus
  • Hero93277
    Hero93277
    Having came from TES3 Morrowind and seeing the size to telvanni towers, along with considering this tower a "Notable House" its too small for my taste
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No it looks awful
    hideous

Edited by Gilvoth on June 17, 2017 2:04AM
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No it looks awful
    I checked it out today because its availability is almost up. If I wanted it, now would be the time to buy it. I walked in and immediately walked right back out because it's disgusting. I don't want a house that looks like Freddy Kreuger's face, so I passed on this one.
  • Penarddun
    Penarddun
    No it looks awful
    If I had seen this thread first, I would have posted here instead. I wrote out my detailed feelings about this tower here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/353039/you-will-not-be-getting-my-crowns-for-that-horrible-telvanni-tower/p2
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    No it looks awful
    It really does look like a seven story tumor :/
    'Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.'
    T. Pratchett, 1948-2015 RIP, you are missed
  • pareidolon
    pareidolon
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it looks decent
    Ariotar wrote: »
    pareidolon wrote: »

While I agree it could use more space in the actual tower, there is a ton of buildable space in the "backyard." A very large portion of the water can be built upon.

Yeah, I'd like to walk back what I said a bit: The tower is quite large, it's just that the way the space is concentrated it's easy to overlook until you start playing around with it. In my mind I think I'm expecting the many structured rooms of Ebonheart Chateau or the vast overland of Grand Topal, but this is actually the cheapest Notable home in crowns cost and it has its own shape and style.

I bought it in the end, and I'm glad I did. The texture is "ugly" but I've come to see it as naturalistic (I mean, in a world where enormous mushrooms exist), a good fit for my Bosmer in that way. Nature can be lumpy, asymmetrical, non-uniform, and eerie at times. Maybe it's a sunk cost bias working its way in, but I think the way they've implemented the new Telvanni architecture is actually pretty remarkable, a kind of beautiful ugliness of living ecosystems.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No it looks awful
    God no
  • Arundo
    Arundo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah not really, most of the time I buy these things but this time I didnt as I really didnt like it, very confined, house near the lake is way better.

And I dont like the 5 days only crap, see this way too often recently.
  • netch_a_sketch
    netch_a_sketch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes it looks awesome
    I loved it, but I would have preferred if they took the suite and put that in the upper tower. That really needed more room.
    The price wasn't justified either. It was too small for 8000 crowns. Felt like people were mostly paying for the cool teleport stairs.
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No it looks awful
    I can make a dirt house in Minecraft, and it will still look better than that.

Looks like Stay Moist Mansion lost its "Ugliest & most overpriced house" award.