Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

New Player help

kmufc77b16_ESO
kmufc77b16_ESO
✭✭✭
Hello

Im a new player so if this is a silly question, im sorry.

Im currently levelling a Nightblade focusing on Stamina, im only low level level but im curious about something:

When you are a higher level and are fully focused into a stamina build, is there any use at all for magicka? as all my skills on bars will be for stamina, and the two weapon bars will be all stamina abilities?

Will the magicka bar be displayed on the left, and never used at all?

Hope someone gets me :)

Thanks in advance.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello

Im currently levelling a Nightblade focusing on Stamina, im only low level level but im curious about something:

When you are a higher level and are fully focused into a stamina build, is there any use at all for magicka? as all my skills on bars will be for stamina, and the two weapon bars will be all stamina abilities?

Thanks in advance.

Depends on your build. Siphoning Strikes used to cost magicka and was very important for many stamina Nightblade builds, but now it costs stamina. If you are in PvP your Cloak, if you use it, will cost magicka. If you use Agony in Maelstrom Arena that will cost magicka. There are a few other potential examples but not many. So you probably won't be using *much* magicka, but you might use some. Still, you get some of each attribute when you level up and you can get more of each attribute from food, so there is no need for a stamina Nightblade to spend attribute points on magicka. Go all-in for stamina.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • kmufc77b16_ESO
    kmufc77b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info @tinythinker
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello
    Thanks in advance.
    I have a endgame Stamblade that uses 0 magicka.

It's kind of a waste since you get about 10k base magicka anyways without spending any points in it.
    If i could only find a decent magicka skill to put into my rotation ...
    dry.gif
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Hello
    Thanks in advance.
    I have a endgame Stamblade that uses 0 magicka.

It's kind of a waste since you get about 10k base magicka anyways without spending any points in it.
    If i could only find a decent magicka skill to put into my rotation ...
    dry.gif

I usually keep concealed weapon and cloak slotted. I don't actually use concealed weapon, though. I just slot it for the speed increase. :p
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you plan to turn your character into a werewolf for some reason, there is a self-healing skill that will cost you magicka.
    Even so, don't invest in Magicka as a Stamblade.