Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Why is There No Option To Kill Sun-in-Shadow?

• Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Magdalina wrote: »
    I liked her as a character but I think she ended up falling into the hole of her upbringing as a person. I thought she was well-written, though, and yeah, the parallels of someone born into slavery vs. forced into it were pretty interesting.

That choice at the end, though...
    REALLY rubbed me the wrong way. Force Eoki to stay against his will? Hello? Abusive relationship?? Who in their right mind and not deliberately RPing it that way picks this option?!

Players mashing E, who then get a horrific theater scene.

Curious - has anyone here chosen that? What happens then?

Theres a bit of extra dialogues (yes, I did the questline twice to see what happens XD)
    Spoilers ahead, obviously:
    D5e1ZDw.jpg
    0wBmvsp.jpg
    3D3y5k2.jpg

3zwEKEi.jpg
    y55wmAs.jpg
    (if you ask her about Eoki)
    TTqGePT.jpg
    q9btz6B.jpg
    Poor Eoki. :( I feel bad for doing this >.<

Thank you for this! Can you talk to Eoki himself?

Also is there a screenshot missing there? I see question "will you ever set him free?" available, but not her answer there.

Sorry to bug you with this, just really curious on this one - it's a great storyline in terms of character development, possibly best in all of the game. I don't think Sun is making the right choices, but I don't think she's a cold blooded monster either. It's more like you see her develop going down the path she chooses, doubting herself and making wrong choices yet continuing on and it's...fascinating in a way.
    Options
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked her as a character but I think she ended up falling into the hole of her upbringing as a person. I thought she was well-written, though, and yeah, the parallels of someone born into slavery vs. forced into it were pretty interesting.

REALLY rubbed me the wrong way. Force Eoki to stay against his will? Hello? Abusive relationship?? Who in their right mind and not deliberately RPing it that way picks this option?!

Theres a bit of extra dialogues (yes, I did the questline twice to see what happens XD)
    D5e1ZDw.jpg
    0wBmvsp.jpg
    3D3y5k2.jpg

3zwEKEi.jpg
    y55wmAs.jpg
    TTqGePT.jpg
    q9btz6B.jpg

Also is there a screenshot missing there? I see question "will you ever set him free?" available, but not her answer there.

Sorry to bug you with this, just really curious on this one - it's a great storyline in terms of character development, possibly best in all of the game. I don't think Sun is making the right choices, but I don't think she's a cold blooded monster either. It's more like you see her develop going down the path she chooses, doubting herself and making wrong choices yet continuing on and it's...fascinating in a way.

I think its not possible to talk him while hes chained and I couldnt find him later in Sadrith Mora. :(
    Here's her reply, I guess the picture didnt load:
    3D3y5k2.jpg
    And I absolutely agree about the questline. :) I would like to see more options (for example, to convince her that Eoki was right and reunite her with the Hist, and an option to not help her and tell Ralasa that Sun wants to kill her etc), but it was interesting nonetheless. :)
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
    Options
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »

D5e1ZDw.jpg
    0wBmvsp.jpg
    3D3y5k2.jpg

3zwEKEi.jpg
    y55wmAs.jpg
    TTqGePT.jpg
    q9btz6B.jpg

I'm so glad you posted that! I wanted to know what would happen if I made that choice but I didn't want to actually make that choice. Now I know and I will never make that choice! Thanks for doing the 'dirty work'.

Yeah, same, I kinda feel bad about it. :( But I let Eoki go on my main, and got an alternate ending on some alt character.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
    Options
  • UncannyLinderman
    UncannyLinderman
    ✭✭✭
    It was an interesting quest line at first but I had a few issues on how it ended up:
    The way I see it Sun-in-Shadow wants to become a Telvanni mage and with all the plotting, subterfuge, conniving, and betrayal she engages in she becomes exactly what she wanted (whether she actually wanted to or not, or was aware that was happening). I guess I'd like to see an additional quest outcome depending on what you do:
    1. Sun-In-Shadow and Eoki stay
    2. Sun-in-Shadow stays and Eoki leaves
    3. (new) Sun-in-Shadow and Eoki leave together

I particularly dislike the part where the game "forces" you to assassinate someone. The options given are "assassinate" or "bring cupcakes" and its patently obvious what is going on in the latter choice (um, perhaps you shouldn't eat those sent from someone trying to kill you). I feel this would have been a good time to help introduce the new third option for the quest ending here.

Interesting characters and story but a very forced story line from the character's perspective.

To be fair, I chose the cupcakes to avoid assassination outright, and was completely taken aback when I was tricked. Because, well, I was sleep deprived and the choice legitimately tricked me. At least it gave you the option to take the route where you at least think you're taking the moral high ground, but her devious actions instead pull you further in.
    Options
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This quest made me want to kill someone, I hated it, I felt it dragged on longer than it needed to
    Options
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

D5e1ZDw.jpg
    0wBmvsp.jpg
    3D3y5k2.jpg

3zwEKEi.jpg
    y55wmAs.jpg
    TTqGePT.jpg
    q9btz6B.jpg

I think its not possible to talk him while hes chained and I couldnt find him later in Sadrith Mora. :(
    Here's her reply, I guess the picture didnt load:
    3D3y5k2.jpg
    And I absolutely agree about the questline. :) I would like to see more options (for example, to convince her that Eoki was right and reunite her with the Hist, and an option to not help her and tell Ralasa that Sun wants to kill her etc), but it was interesting nonetheless. :)

Thanks again!:)

Oh boy, this lizard has big plans for sure :D
    Options
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if we will get a future quest to rectify things.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

D5e1ZDw.jpg
    0wBmvsp.jpg
    3D3y5k2.jpg

3zwEKEi.jpg
    y55wmAs.jpg
    TTqGePT.jpg
    q9btz6B.jpg

Well, that was sufficiently messed up.

Really makes me wish there were more options. Particularly ones messing with her instead.
    Options
  • Bringer
    Bringer
    ✭✭✭
    She was placed into a system she did not like, but ultimately conformed to it reasoning it is better to be moderately successful in that system than doing the harder thing of rejecting it entirely. She is able to justify it to herself by reasoning that somehow by working within the system she can do more good, because abandoning it would leave her with absolutely no clout in the world she knows, no power.

She is basically like every single person who ever criticized society and then 'grew up'. Thats probably why so many people react negatively; they are sun-in-shadow.
    Options
  • hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the worst questline in the whole game, yet it is so long and i have to finish to be able to get the juicy Telvanni personality. Here are the reasons:
    + Telvanni is a fan-favourite Great House, a lot of people were looking forward to playing Morrowind just for the Telvanni questline. Yet the story is about Argonians and you spend most of the time talking to Argonians. "I heard people like Telvanni wizards, so let's make the Telvanni questline with an Argonian main character! What? Technically she is still a Telvanni wizard." I just feel disappointed, i think many people share that feeling.
    + Sun-in-Shadow isn't a likable character, and yet she is the protagonist. Not that she isn't well written or anything, it's just that no one can like her. B**** and a**** make great antagonists, but if you have to spend most of the time communicating with an unlikable protagonist, it doesn't feel good or satisfying. Well, if you want to make a b****y protagonist, at least make her likable somehow, like what Marvel did with Jessica Jones.
    + I am forced to help her. There were many breaking points where I almost dropped the quest, but i had to continue because I wanted the personality.
    Sun: Hey friend pls kill this Dunmer wizard for me because I don't like her.
    Me: I am no assassin, I am not going to help you.
    Sun: Fine, then i have a different solution: let's bribe her with some candies. Friend, please take this candy to her.
    Me: You think i am ***? You are trying to poison her, I bet this is poison, not candy.
    Sun: <Nothing>
    Me: but but ... this cannot be ...
    Me: (no other option), Fine, for the quest rewards. <Bring the candy to Ralasa Delvi>. Please not poison please not poison
    Ralasa Delvi: <Eats the candy> <Bloats in gibberish> <Dies>
    Me: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU I **** knew it.
    Sun: <Pretends like nothing happened>
    Me: ******, **** ROEJRN#$(#)KFDFJR($#)#$ you son of a fetchering n'wah, may the cliff racers sh** on your face and your s'wit brain be eaten by a nix-ox.
    + I am forced to free slaves where slavery is perfectly legal. Why don't you give us an option to report to the guards? I mean, we have options to do things against the laws, yet we can't do something to enforce the laws?

Aldmeri Dominion Loyalist. For the Queen!
    Options
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is the worst questline in the whole game, yet it is so long and i have to finish to be able to get the juicy Telvanni personality. Here are the reasons:
    + Telvanni is a fan-favourite Great House, a lot of people were looking forward to playing Morrowind just for the Telvanni questline. Yet the story is about Argonians and you spend most of the time talking to Argonians. "I heard people like Telvanni wizards, so let's make the Telvanni questline with an Argonian main character! What? Technically she is still a Telvanni wizard." I just feel disappointed, i think many people share that feeling.
    + Sun-in-Shadow isn't a likable character, and yet she is the protagonist. Not that she isn't well written or anything, it's just that no one can like her. B**** and a**** make great antagonists, but if you have to spend most of the time communicating with an unlikable protagonist, it doesn't feel good or satisfying. Well, if you want to make a b****y protagonist, at least make her likable somehow, like what Marvel did with Jessica Jones.
    + I am forced to help her. There were many breaking points where I almost dropped the quest, but i had to continue because I wanted the personality.
    Sun: Hey friend pls kill this Dunmer wizard for me because I don't like her.
    Me: I am no assassin, I am not going to help you.
    Sun: Fine, then i have a different solution: let's bribe her with some candies. Friend, please take this candy to her.
    Me: You think i am ***? You are trying to poison her, I bet this is poison, not candy.
    Me: but but ... this cannot be ...
    Me: (no other option), Fine, for the quest rewards. <Bring the candy to Ralasa Delvi>. Please not poison please not poison
    Ralasa Delvi: <Eats the candy> <Bloats in gibberish> <Dies>
    Me: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU I **** knew it.
    Me: ******, **** ROEJRN#$(#)KFDFJR($#)#$ you son of a fetchering n'wah, may the cliff racers sh** on your face and your s'wit brain be eaten by a nix-ox.
    + I am forced to free slaves where slavery is perfectly legal. Why don't you give us an option to report to the guards? I mean, we have options to do things against the laws, yet we can't do something to enforce the laws?

And that is where I hope the story wasn't impacted by real world political culture.

Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
    Options
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish there was more option as well, like Sun-in-Shadow leaving with Eoki. it was the ending I was hoping for. :(

And I'm not gonna lie, I had a completely different opinion when it came to Ralasa, because I absolutely HATED her. When Sun-in-Shadow asked me to kill her, I felt the dialogue option didn't match my Argonian character at all. A more fitting option would have been "You're asking me to kill her? Now?...why didn't you ask me sooner?" >:)
    Edited by TonyRockaroni on June 23, 2017 5:26AM
    Options
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is actually my favorite questline in the whole game.

I actually like Sun-in-Shadow and completely disagree regarding her character. I may not be an assassin, but after what Ralasa said about the Argonians as someone who strictly plays an Argonian, I was more than happy to erect the spine of vengeance on her prejudice behind.

Sure, slavery's legal...in House Telvanni's minds. They love it so much, they chose to alienate themselves from every other great houses because of it. Even House Dres has more sense than them! And most importantly, it was a misstake that proved to be their undoing in the end. House Telvanni chose to make the Argonians slaves, and look where House Telvanni is two eras later.
    Edited by TonyRockaroni on June 23, 2017 5:43AM
    Options
  • hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I actually like Sun-in-Shadow and completely disagree regarding her character. I may not be an assassin, but after what Ralasa said about the Argonians as someone who strictly plays an Argonian, I was more than happy to erect the spine of vengeance on her prejudice behind.

Sure, slavery's legal...in House Telvanni's minds. They love it so much, they chose to alienate themselves from every other great houses because of it. Even House Dres has more sense than them! And most importantly, it was a misstake that proved to be their undoing in the end. House Telvanni chose to make the Argonians slaves, and look where House Telvanni is two eras later.

You like Sun-In-Shadow because you are a n'wah, so your opinion is invalid and completely irrelevant.

What Ralasa said about the Argonians is totally correct, Argonians are born to be n'wahs, and n'wahs should they always be. Full stop. If you have anything against it, keep in mind that I haven't whipped any n'wah with my Flame Lash for day so my hands are itchy for some whipping.

The Great House of Telvanni didn't choose to make Argonians slaves, the proud Dunmeri people of the Great and Beautiful Morrowind chose to make Argonians slaves, the Great House of Telvanni just refused to give up our rightful and glorious tradition because of some s'wit Hlaalu fetchers want to ally themselves with the filthy n'wahs and the dumb mead-drinking n'wahs to fight a s'wit war which doesn't add anything to our great library of magical knowledge. If you don't like slavery, go lick the boots of those Hlaalu fetchers, don't mess things up in Telvanni's land.

Anyway I will be back to burning stuffs in the name of science. No point arguing with a n'wah.

P/S: House Dres keeps slaves.

(P/S2: I don't mean to offend you :P Have to stay in character :P)
    Edited by hmsdragonfly on June 23, 2017 5:03PM
    Options
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You like Sun-In-Shadow because you are a n'wah, so your opinion is invalid and completely irrelevant.

What Ralasa said about the Argonians is totally correct, Argonians are born to be n'wahs, and n'wahs should they always be. Full stop. If you have anything against it, keep in mind that I haven't whipped any n'wah with my Flame Lash for day so my hands are itchy for some whipping.

The Great House of Telvanni didn't choose to make Argonians slaves, the proud Dunmeri people of the Great and Beautiful Morrowind chose to make Argonians slaves, the Great House of Telvanni just refused to give up our rightful and glorious tradition because of some s'wit Hlaalu fetchers want to ally themselves with the filthy n'wahs and the dumb mead-drinking n'wahs to fight a s'wit war which doesn't add anything to our great library of magical knowledge. If you don't like slavery, go lick the boots of those Hlaalu fetchers, don't mess things up in Telvanni's land.

Anyway I will be back to burning stuffs in the name of science. No point arguing with a n'wah.

Xuth, you're persistent! I'm irrelevant? Let me ask you a question...House Telvanni claim to be the most powerful mages of all, superior to everyone...who outside House Telvanni believes this? Or even cares? House Telvanni have done so much to distance themselves from the outside world that they no longer matter. And I would much rather be a n'wah than be non-existant.

Trust me, dyskin. My Flame Lash would hit you far quicker than yours would hit me. And if Ralasa was so wise, why is it that she wasn't able to escape her own demise?

Because some "s'wit Hlaalu fletchers" want to ally with my people? You DO realize, of course, that the "fletchers" you speak of are from every other house and not just Hlaalu, do you not? At least those four houses can see past their mistakes and realize what is truly important; unity. You and your precious Telvanni mages chose not to be part of that unity, and so you shall remain now as you will be in the future; alienated and irrelevant. Oh, and why would I mess up anything in "Telvanni's land"? After all, the only land they have in the present is, what, a small corner of the island of Solstheim? It appears that someone has not erected the spine of wisdom in quite some time.

House Dres does keep slaves, yes. But then again, the slaves they keep at the moment aren't Argonian, but Khajiit. I may be against slavery, but after what the Renrijra pirates did to my people, my sympathy has waned considerably.

(P/S: Totally fine! Not offended, just having fun. XP Also glad that you aren't offended after I myself spoke in character!)
    Edited by TonyRockaroni on June 24, 2017 5:25AM
    Options
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping she would wise up and get away from the snobby telvanni and leave with Eoki. Some argonians never learn.....:D
    Options
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was more annoyed that our char get a full load of http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/IdiotBall during the whole quest chain.
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Xuth, you're persistent! I'm irrelevant? Let me ask you a question...House Telvanni claim to be the most powerful mages of all, superior to everyone...who outside House Telvanni believes this? Or even cares? House Telvanni have done so much to distance themselves from the outside world that they no longer matter. And I would much rather be a n'wah than be non-existant.

Trust me, dyskin. My Flame Lash would hit you far quicker than yours would hit me. And if Ralasa was so wise, why is it that she wasn't able to escape her own demise?

Because some "s'wit Hlaalu fletchers" want to ally with my people? You DO realize, of course, that the "fletchers" you speak of are from every other house and not just Hlaalu, do you not? At least those four houses can see past their mistakes and realize what is truly important; unity. You and your precious Telvanni mages chose not to be part of that unity, and so you shall remain now as you will be in the future; alienated and irrelevant. Oh, and why would I mess up anything in "Telvanni's land"? After all, the only land they have in the present is, what, a small corner of the island of Solstheim? It appears that someone has not erected the spine of wisdom in quite some time.

House Dres does keep slaves, yes. But then again, the slaves they keep at the moment aren't Argonian, but Khajiit. I may be against slavery, but after what the Renrijra pirates did to my people, my sympathy has waned considerably.

(P/S: Totally fine! Not offended, just having fun. XP Also glad that you aren't offended after I myself spoke in character!)

It's ok, after the pact falls argonians will go back to work for dunmer as it should be.
    Options
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's ok, fear not oh seekers of justice, by the time of skyrim red mountain has exploded, the tribunal is destroyed and the moonlet comes crashing down, the dark elf race balances on the edge of extinction and the evil telvani are practically exterminated when the argonian war machine rolls in.

Only house redoran is able to stop the vengeful hordes but it's a pyrrhic victory and they are basicaly a spent force afterwards. So have your fun and own your slaves little telvani, your all going to hell.... sound of dark and thunderous laughter >:)
    Options
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On the plus side the telvani finally give me an excuse to murder at least some npcs and feel justified about it :D
    Options
  • hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You know that those s'wit Houses are just using you, after the war they will all jump back to make you slaves, right? We Telvannis are just frank and honest about it.

The thing about the Greatest House of all is that we don't care about some N'wah's perception of us. If you are curious about our magical power, try to *** one Telvanni mage off and see what happens to you.
    Options