The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why is There No Option To Kill Sun-in-Shadow?

• Tecorsuh
    Tecorsuh
    ✭✭
    I had some issues with the quest where I wish I had more options. Just felt like more than once there should have been more options, rather than blindly following everything that Sun-In-Shadow thought was best.
    During the quest Objections and Obstacles, I wish there was a way to suck up and kiss ass to Ralasa Delvi instead of trying to go over her head. I knew that going to Magister Gothren would be a bad idea, because the mouth almost always shares the views of the Magister. Also, nothing is going to *** a Magister off more than paying them an uninvited house visit.
    It was made clear that they don't like visitors, that is why they live in a guarded tower away from the city.

Also during that quest, there is no way to save the escaped slaves, making that whole adventure pointless. I know that everything can't always go my way, but I almost quit the quest at that point. It was very upsetting that I led the snobby captain and his crew to the slaves. It was made clear that the guard captain wasn't competent enough to find them on his own. he eavesdropped on my conversation with Arith, then followed me to the slaves. I almost wish I could have killed them all and doomed Sun-In-Shadow forever if it meant freeing those slaves
    When you kill Ralasa Delvi, I wish you could shift the blame to Arith when you talk to Magister Gothren. Since it technically was his idea, and not Sun-In-Shadow. I wouldn't have minded if it were a persuasion dialog option. Something Like:

Arith hired me to kill Ralasa to further his rank and his payment was a favor to Sun-In-Shadow. [Persuasion]

And Gothren wouldn't believe me, of course. Just an option like that would have made the exchange with Gathren a little more palatable
    At the end of the quest, I wish there was an option to convince Sun-In-Shadow to leave with Eoki, like she promised him she would. Just something at the end to redeem her. I don't care that I wouldn't ever have to see her or talk to her again.

Options
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was asking a different question:

Why can't I turn my Nord Warrior loose and kill all the Slavers?

The caged cats and lizards make me very sad.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
    Options
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tecorsuh wrote: »
    I had some issues with the quest where I wish I had more options. Just felt like more than once there should have been more options, rather than blindly following everything that Sun-In-Shadow thought was best.
    During the quest Objections and Obstacles, I wish there was a way to suck up and kiss ass to Ralasa Delvi instead of trying to go over her head. I knew that going to Magister Gothren would be a bad idea, because the mouth almost always shares the views of the Magister. Also, nothing is going to *** a Magister off more than paying them an uninvited house visit.
    It was made clear that they don't like visitors, that is why they live in a guarded tower away from the city.

Also during that quest, there is no way to save the escaped slaves, making that whole adventure pointless. I know that everything can't always go my way, but I almost quit the quest at that point. It was very upsetting that I led the snobby captain and his crew to the slaves. It was made clear that the guard captain wasn't competent enough to find them on his own. he eavesdropped on my conversation with Arith, then followed me to the slaves. I almost wish I could have killed them all and doomed Sun-In-Shadow forever if it meant freeing those slaves
    When you kill Ralasa Delvi, I wish you could shift the blame to Arith when you talk to Magister Gothren. Since it technically was his idea, and not Sun-In-Shadow. I wouldn't have minded if it were a persuasion dialog option. Something Like:

Arith hired me to kill Ralasa to further his rank and his payment was a favor to Sun-In-Shadow. [Persuasion]

And Gothren wouldn't believe me, of course. Just an option like that would have made the exchange with Gathren a little more palatable
    At the end of the quest, I wish there was an option to convince Sun-In-Shadow to leave with Eoki, like she promised him she would. Just something at the end to redeem her. I don't care that I wouldn't ever have to see her or talk to her again.

Those are some really good ideas. Thank you for sharing.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nifty2g , what did you think about this quest line?
    @Personofsecrets Questing in this game is pretty dull
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ugh. One quest from Vvardenfell I literally just spammed x and didn't read or listen. Was way too long for my liking..
    Options
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I'm in the minority when I say that I liked Sun-in-Shadow. I liked her character, and I didn't hate her. I felt sympathy/pity for her.

My only issues were that there was no option to free the slaves in those cages in Sadrith Mora, and like Tecorsuh said about no option for Sun-in-Shadow to leave with Eoki. That was what I was hoping would be the end of the questline. :/
    Edited by TonyRockaroni on November 21, 2017 6:55PM
    Options
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. Damn dirty argonians
    Options
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    One of the better quest characters in the game imo in terms of personality but imo certainly not a "nice person"
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked her as a character but I think she ended up falling into the hole of her upbringing as a person. I thought she was well-written, though, and yeah, the parallels of someone born into slavery vs. forced into it were pretty interesting.

That choice at the end, though...
    REALLY rubbed me the wrong way. Force Eoki to stay against his will? Hello? Abusive relationship?? Who in their right mind and not deliberately RPing it that way picks this option?!
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked her as a character but I think she ended up falling into the hole of her upbringing as a person. I thought she was well-written, though, and yeah, the parallels of someone born into slavery vs. forced into it were pretty interesting.

REALLY rubbed me the wrong way. Force Eoki to stay against his will? Hello? Abusive relationship?? Who in their right mind and not deliberately RPing it that way picks this option?!

Players mashing E, who then get a horrific theater scene.
    Options
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't want to kill her, but I did want her to be forced to leave with Eoki. She isn't different in her attitude towards slaves than the Telvanni really and she needs her eyes opened (by the Hist imho).
    Options
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There were a few NPCs pertinent to quest lines I wanted to beat with a stick until all the snarky left them. Saying something like "not bad for an outlander" should get them a whomp in the gullet with my staff.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
    Options
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about some spoiler tag? :/
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
    Options
  • Pallmor
    Pallmor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, she definitely deserves a writ with her name on it.
    Options
  • Pallmor
    Pallmor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mistress Dratha in Vos is another character who I wouldn't mind giving some Brotherhood/Morag Tong justice.
    Options
  • Pausekey
    Pausekey
    ✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »

My thoughts exactly. Having her boss my Dunmer around annoyed me, especially after having enjoyed the Telvanni questline in original Morrowind. I make it a point to kill any Argonians I see walking around, and ESO should have an option to turn her into the guards the minute she tries to recruit you to help.
    Options
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pausekey wrote: »

My thoughts exactly. Having her boss my Dunmer around annoyed me, especially after having enjoyed the Telvanni questline in original Morrowind. I make it a point to kill any Argonians I see walking around, and ESO should have an option to turn her into the guards the minute she tries to recruit you to help.

Interesting since, as someone who always plays an Argonian, that's exactly how I feel every time I see a member of House Telvanni. Ah well! Two eras later, we control the southern half of Morrowind. And House Telvanni?...well...you know. >; )
    Edited by TonyRockaroni on June 16, 2017 3:34AM
    Options
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pausekey wrote: »

This is what was missing.

I wonder if not having such an option says something about the story crafters.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
    Options
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Was there really much at all that wasn't goody two shoes in Morrowind?
    Don't tank

Options
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    Sun-in-Shadow is the embodiment of all of the awful nihilists in the world.

Maybe that is why I don't like the character at such a visceral level.

Yeah, she's a fantastically written character. I despise her, but the writing really works.

ZOS has done a really fantastic job with creating some very well written characters.

Also, if it helps to cleanse your pallet, I suggest running the Gnisis questline.

Yes, she is a well-written character but I was bothered by being forced to help her. At one point, I almost walked away from the quest but, being a completionist caused me to go back and finish it.
    I also hated how my character happily threw himself at her knees and ran these chores for her. Like seriously, in one line you tell her she is going down the wrong path and hings might backfire, and in the next line you say "Ok, what do you need me to do". Ugh... this questline took me out of the game like no other questline in ESO. I have got to give ZOS credit for such a 'not likable' character such as Sun-In-Shadow. That melodramatic voice of hers made me go mad at one point. She's sort of comparable to Veya in that she is a naive, overly dramatic and reckless youngster. Which I have to babysit... Nice ZOS. Really nice.

Options
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Tecorsuh
    @TonyRockaroni

Agree with both your posts.

More options would have made it even better.

i liked Sunni but still would have liked more options to influence the path.

What i felt was missing thru this quest and some others was... working your own angle. let me use either or both, sell them out for my own ends and advancement.

Throughout Morrow, i was looking for two things that i did not really get a sense of:
    1 - More White Knighting the slaves - AS CRIMINALS give us the ability to unlock slaves all over the place, treat it like INJUSTICE with guards and bounties - and have acheeves for how many we do. let "freeing slaves" in those areas be like stealing and let INJUSTICE get a play.

2 - More Cuthroat options in quests. Ok so like not necessarily to the extent of bringing the hammer down but let many of the side quests be won by selling out one for another but being able to choose which.

I liked most of the quests and the play was fun but when you throw me into a world of cutthroat politics and such, let me cut throats too.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

Options
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    I didn't want to kill her, but I did want her to be forced to leave with Eoki. She isn't different in her attitude towards slaves than the Telvanni really and she needs her eyes opened (by the Hist imho).

I told her about Eoki's plans because I hoped she would be caught in a crossfire of a fight with slaves and masters. I hoped she would die and Eoki would escape. Sadly it did not happen.

Maybe I should not have told her about the plans. What happens if you don't?

Can we please make her a killable NPC AFTER the quest. Just place her in her house and I will do the dirty deed. No writ required.

Edit: please fire the writer of this quest. It was the most annoying, toe curling, nail biting, eye poking, wrist slashing quest I have ever witnessed in a game. I even walked away from it when she had another chore for me. Took me some days to pick it up again.
    Edited by Knootewoot on June 16, 2017 6:26AM
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
    Options
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The worst part about it? Its that if you want the personality you absolutely have to do the quests and Sun-In-Shadow is such a b*** that these quests aren't very enjoyable. And its weird having your Dunmer Sorc in the Telvanni outfit getting told what to do by an argonian chick with some screwed up plans.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
    Options
  • HEXENWOLF
    HEXENWOLF
    ✭✭✭
    IMHO, this is the most painful quest line I have completed in any MMO. There is so much politicking that I felt I was embroiled in "fetch" Game of Thrones (Argonian Edition). Seriously, this quest line has players running all over Morrowind just to pick up a singular object. And before you know it, you're someone else's lackey and then someone else's lackey after that. And they all want you to fetch something. If anything, this quest taught me that even Argonians don't suffer as badly as my poor character does. I'm surprised Sun-in-Shadow didn't ask me to lick her boot. And while I'm no role-player, the extent to which I was forced to assist this Argonian as a Dark Elf made my inner nerd rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    Edited by HEXENWOLF on June 16, 2017 6:57AM
    Options
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Curious - has anyone here chosen that? What happens then?
    Options
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I know is she got on my very last nerve. Every time the quests for her continued I was like jc I have to continue to run around for this chic, please for the love of all that is right and good in this world, let it end. I hope her fancy new house burns down. There should have been an option to slap the crap out of her with that last question of hers. Keep in mind, everything I said should be much more colorful than the forums allow.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
    Options
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Magdalina wrote: »

Theres a bit of extra dialogues (yes, I did the questline twice to see what happens XD)
    Spoilers ahead, obviously:
    D5e1ZDw.jpg
    0wBmvsp.jpg
    3D3y5k2.jpg

3zwEKEi.jpg
    y55wmAs.jpg
    (if you ask her about Eoki)
    TTqGePT.jpg
    q9btz6B.jpg
    Poor Eoki. :( I feel bad for doing this >.<
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on June 16, 2017 9:35AM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
    Options
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Magdalina wrote: »

Theres a bit of extra dialogues (yes, I did the questline twice to see what happens XD)
    Spoilers ahead, obviously:
    D5e1ZDw.jpg
    0wBmvsp.jpg
    3D3y5k2.jpg

3zwEKEi.jpg
    y55wmAs.jpg
    (if you ask her about Eoki)
    TTqGePT.jpg
    q9btz6B.jpg
    Poor Eoki. :( I feel bad for doing this >.<

I'm so glad you posted that! I wanted to know what would happen if I made that choice but I didn't want to actually make that choice. Now I know and I will never make that choice! Thanks for doing the 'dirty work'.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
    Options
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pallmor wrote: »
    Mistress Dratha in Vos is another character who I wouldn't mind giving some Brotherhood/Morag Tong justice.

You wouldn't be able to as Dratha appears in TESIII Morrowind, 800+ years on after ESO! That would really cause a major time paradox thingywhatsit! :D
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
    Options
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather she live with her mistakes and understand that even though she has power, she can't just use it to get whatever she wants.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
    Options