The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Low FPS - unplayable game.

• elderianmage
    elderianmage
    ✭✭
    One more day one more broken engine / LOW FPS day.
    Edited by elderianmage on July 23, 2017 10:18AM
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The brain child's at ESO decided to have an event in an area that has been plagued with poor performance issues for over two years. What did you expect. You have ques of over 800 to get into cyrodili. Lag, crashes, constant load screens plague game play because their servers cannot handle the load. They could care less.
  • GHOST 007
    GHOST 007
    It doesn't seem to matter what platform I'm on... I've tried playing PC Xbox & PS4 & they all 3 have their performance issues. (Stand still, stuttering, unplayable lag)
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've been playing on PC NA Vivec and I'm not lagging. I've only lagged a few times since the event. Maybe I have a vip pass because every time I que when it is around 400 I get in the campaign a few minutes later.

vivic.png

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• elderianmage
    elderianmage
    ✭✭
    Palidon wrote: »
    The brain child's at ESO decided to have an event in an area that has been plagued with poor performance issues for over two years. What did you expect. You have ques of over 800 to get into cyrodili. Lag, crashes, constant load screens plague game play because their servers cannot handle the load. They could care less.
    I'm really curious what is ZOS's opinion on broken game engine? And what are they gonna do something about?
    Is not like issue is been around from game release. ;)
    Edited by elderianmage on July 24, 2017 7:04AM
  • elderianmage
    elderianmage
    ✭✭
    Still not fixed.
  • elderianmage
    elderianmage
    ✭✭
    Over a month and nothing from ZOS.
  • elderianmage
    elderianmage
    ✭✭
    Still broken game engine.
  • elderianmage
    elderianmage
    ✭✭
    One more day with broken game engine. No big deal, right?
  • GamingLass
    Searching forum for fix...Saw everyone's posts.

On PC been playing this game for well over a year. Ran fine for the most part before these last several updates for Morrowind on. Now, I'm sitting here searching forums once again because I can't log in due to Error 108/200. Got booted off multiple times yesterday. I've tried restarting computer. My computer didn't have issues running ESO until they updated. Lag - freezes - crashes - locked up - unable to log in Really frustrating. ZOS says to add exception for ESO to firewall. ESO has been added as an exception since I bought the game. For years. Checked today, yep! Still added as an exception. Shut off my antivirus. Nope STILL won't log in. On the internet with other games - my ISP seems to work just fine. Funny how it doesn't work for ESO - today - but other days it does. Didn't think 10:30 am on a Friday would be high traffic on the net.
  • elderianmage
    elderianmage
    ✭✭
    Sad to hear that. Little game: who doesn't care about your post?
    Edited by elderianmage on July 29, 2017 6:27AM
  • dengodadegen
    dengodadegen
    ✭✭
    Well, i just have to say this short thing...
    been playing since it came out on ps4 and i was really hooked, got eso+ as soon as it came out and did it all in the game.
    But once Dark Brotherhood came (i think thats when the khajit hit the fan) got so many loading screens i actually used to log in to eso and make breakfast as i usually never learned to not keep my guys in the bloddy deshan where everyone is at all times... But somehow i got through that and once one tamriel dropped i just unsubbed, deleted the game as i couldn't do the following;
    Raiding was so broken and struttering that i got sacked as first choice from my guild i was Co-Leader in as i couldn't heal without disconnect or my frames freaking out so badly... Soon that happened to all of the members and guild of 300-400 members just dissapeared!
    Those who remained i could'nt play with in activity finder or anywhere to be honest, the loading times to just go to the ogre and bosmer pick up the daily pledge was so bad i ended up quitting...
    If you need 5hours to get lorebooks for an area because of loading screens its not even fun, its a freaking job...
    It's like they pushed and pushed new crown store things to add new looks and it made the ps4 servers go fubar, but in all honesty the fps on ps4, the lag on ps4 and the horrifyingly delay on when you press and action happens is in it self gamebreaking... Maybe it's the case when you have more geared and complete characters... i really do not know but if other people on the exact same console get diffrent result i really think it will go south fast the more content gets introduced...

So i went on pc this year.... And Short story shorter; After morrowind i honestly can't que for Dungeons... which sucks as i am a new player to this platform!

But if i remove all but the 3-4 essential addons and do a raid it actually is not that bad that i want to leave or if i group with a team and teleport into the dungeons, but i play weird times for being on EU server, so i guess that could be the case?
    Anyway just to end this on a crybaby moonsugar ramble ... PVP is impossible to enjoy, it is very few players in the campaign even if it's full (expected pc to have more allowed max players)and the diffrence once you land in cyrodiil and see the freaky face of pvp and earlier smoothness of performance and pleasure in game just rapidly going from hug to slit throat.. Well, but as i said i got the pc game this year so i will not speak out on comparision to earlier but...

After Morrowind =
    If you play after morrowind, you'll not have a good time as a new player when you can play so flawlessly with better graphics, connection and pvp in sooo many other games it's remarkable how many people joined the bizarre crash and timeout fest after morrowind thou!...
    I'm not overreaching this but i admit im just home from doctor and the "moonsugar" hasn't worn off, but as in my state of mind is now i honestly think it's just sad and i also know very well i can play any other game and leave this thread but i love the game so much!...

Have a great weekend and enjoy the weather!
    - If it don't fit don't force it -
    Swedish drummer
  • dengodadegen
    dengodadegen
    ✭✭
    Holy Moly... i just wrote the most crucial part in my autobiography!
    - If it don't fit don't force it -
    Swedish drummer
  • elderianmage
    elderianmage
    ✭✭
    Still nothing was done about this major issue.
  • VycDarkshadow
    VycDarkshadow
    ✭✭✭
    ESO has been DDOS since roughly 7/27 or so. That's what's causing the lag, disconnects, login failures, and other issues.

Maybe if you spend more time researching other threads, and less time crying and complaining, you would've realized this half a week ago.
    Edited by VycDarkshadow on July 31, 2017 5:38AM
    Vyc Ðarkshådøw
  • elderianmage
    elderianmage
    ✭✭
    Edited by elderianmage on July 31, 2017 7:00AM
  • elderianmage
    elderianmage
    ✭✭
    ESO has been DDOS since roughly 7/27 or so. That's what's causing the lag, disconnects, login failures, and other issues.

Maybe if you spend more time researching other threads, and less time crying and complaining, you would've realized this half a week ago.

Check date of initial post. And topic is exclusively about broken game engine that relay on single cpu

• SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why do you keep spamming. Leave the game and return next year and it will be same or worse. If you expect some miracle patch next hour, next day, next month you will be disappointed.

My NTB is not something great but I used to play on high details and patch by patch I go lower and lower and now in PVP I have to disable everything, run textures on medium and visibility/particles on low to lowest while maintain worse FPS than year ago.
    Edited by SodanTok on July 31, 2017 12:44PM
  • elderianmage
    elderianmage
    ✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    Why do you keep spamming. Leave the game and return next year and it will be same or worse. If you expect some miracle patch next hour, next day, next month you will be disappointed.

My NTB is not something great but I used to play on high details and patch by patch I go lower and lower and now in PVP I have to disable everything, run textures on medium and visibility/particles on low to lowest while maintain worse FPS than year ago.

So by your definition we they don't have to fix broken game engine? but they can add more features that breaks system in a new ways and you have to pay for that?
    At least i expected i'd get support from fellow players and not stab in the back which makes ZOS job even easier.. divide and conquer.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On PC there is a lot of stuff you can do to improve fps. Have a look at this post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/3jjoql/are_you_having_fps_issues_wih_eso_on_a_pc_well/

If nothing works your pc specs are seriously outdated or you have too much programs running in the background. Some add-ons can also lower fps, like the mini-map for example.

Its possible to have somewhat stable fps without having the best pc specs but you cannot expect maxed out settings on an average pc.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • elderianmage
    elderianmage
    ✭✭
    On PC there is a lot of stuff you can do to improve fps. Have a look at this post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/3jjoql/are_you_having_fps_issues_wih_eso_on_a_pc_well/

If nothing works your pc specs are seriously outdated or you have too much programs running in the background. Some add-ons can also lower fps, like the mini-map for example.

Its possible to have somewhat stable fps without having the best pc specs but you cannot expect maxed out settings on an average pc.

I have 0 addons. I doesn't matter low or high settings same FPS. CPU usage CPU0 only rest cpu1-8 are there just for fun. It doesn't break 30% CPU usage and same for GPU usage.
    Edited by elderianmage on August 2, 2017 2:46PM
  • Bryong9ub17_ESO
    Bryong9ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

LOL yeah this "major" issue that maybe 1% of the players are having. please fix...

Dude, check your setting, reinstall or whatever. 99% have no idea what you're talking about and can play just fine.

Are you so sure its not something on your end?
  • elderianmage
    elderianmage
    ✭✭

LOL yeah this "major" issue that maybe 1% of the players are having. please fix...

Dude, check your setting, reinstall or whatever. 99% have no idea what you're talking about and can play just fine.

Are you so sure its not something on your end?

Yes is a major issue and is not just 1%. Many don't even know how much CPU or GPU usage they have. Thats how HW manufactures get away with selling overpriced and broken components(GTX 1060 3GB = scam graphic card) Which you will never be able to use to the max. and since you keep giving slack to software developers same things is happening here... rather release macro-transactions mechanics then fix their game engine also adding useless macro-transaction is slows down game engine. I still don't understand how someone can justify macro-transactions in full priced games. And you shouldn't be satisfied with 40-60fps and 100ms ping not latency. Thats just too slow. Normal refresh rate starts at 160fps and up
    Edited by elderianmage on August 3, 2017 7:01AM
  • Darcwolf
    Darcwolf
    ✭✭✭
    I have a hard message for all of you, ZOS can't fix your potato of a PC, I notice a lot of people complaining but no one actually mentions what their specs are. I play this game on 4+ different pcs, one at 4k at max settings, one at 1440p max settings, one at 1080p max settings and get this, even a surface pro 2 tablet at 720p. All of them run 60+ fps, except the surface, which I'm fine with because I understand it's a potato when it comes to gaming.

Also, everyone says this game only uses 1 core, ok, fair enough, maybe originally, but have you ever opened up your task manager before and after opening the game and looking at individual cores? I have checked on my 6800k and all 6 core usage jump up when I open the game, I'm not a programmer, but I would say the game or windows is somehow using those extra cores for something.

Also, lol at the guy saying normal refresh is 160 and up, yea, sure, maybe in cs go, this isn't a shooter, it's a modern AAA title. It makes NO difference, and plenty of blind tests show people can't tell a difference anyway. What makes the difference is the actual timing when you are playing competiativly online because the person may not be there anyone, or moved so slightly you miss them. If you are a pve person it makes no difference, pvp maybe, but bs if you think you can actually see a difference.
    Edited by Darcwolf on August 3, 2017 9:11AM
  • elderianmage
    elderianmage
    ✭✭
    Darcwolf wrote: »
    I have a hard message for all of you, ZOS can't fix your potato of a PC, I notice a lot of people complaining but no one actually mentions what their specs are. I play this game on 4+ different pcs, one at 4k at max settings, one at 1440p max settings, one at 1080p max settings and get this, even a surface pro 2 tablet at 720p. All of them run 60+ fps, except the surface, which I'm fine with because I understand it's a potato when it comes to gaming.

Also, everyone says this game only uses 1 core, ok, fair enough, maybe originally, but have you ever opened up your task manager before and after opening the game and looking at individual cores? I have checked on my 6800k and all 6 core usage jump up when I open the game, I'm not a programmer, but I would say the game or windows is somehow using those extra cores for something.

Also, lol at the guy saying normal refresh is 160 and up, yea, sure, maybe in cs go, this isn't a shooter, it's a modern AAA title. It makes NO difference, and plenty of blind tests show people can't tell a difference anyway. What makes the difference is the actual timing when you are playing competiativly online because the person may not be there anyone, or moved so slightly you miss them. If you are a pve person it makes no difference, pvp maybe, but bs if you think you can actually see a difference.

You have to acknowledge frame drops thats why average needs to be higher then you expect to be.
    Well i intend to post details when ZOS response but its been two months and nothing so...
    broken engine: (some frames are with VSYNC:ON so you can see both way how broken game engine behaves)
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Jmr253WXIq7H1u_onEebOid2hY0MQjO8sm1GlwCmuDs/edit?usp=drive_web&usp=sheets_home&ths=true
    Edited by elderianmage on August 4, 2017 9:31AM
  • Demolitionary
    Demolitionary
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have any issues with fps and I game on a laptop (i7 7700, 1070 8GB, 16GB ram)

The only issue I have is the random push to login screen which is due to DDoS attacks from what I have heard or it is my ISP being an ass or there could be another issue, I don't know until I investigate which you most likely need to do.

In situations and issues like this, ZOS need configuration details as ALL configurations differ on PC.
    Operating system used, whether 32bit or 64bit ect.

It could be a specific generation of processor or a specific generation of GPU, or it could be a combination, a variation of the two.

So it does matter about hardware/software details, for all ZOS know you could have a virus impacting your system performance, a PC that is not looked after or a potato ran by hamsters, giving them so little as you have won't get you any answers, nor will being abrupt help as they will just ignore the post as a butt hurt troll post.

Also, why not log a ticket? As someone who works in IT, tickets are very well needed to log time/what I was doing for x amount of minutes/hours, without a ticket they don't need to work on anything, time is money, tickets = time = money.

If you have logged a ticket lets hope they try to assist you soon.
  • elderianmage
    elderianmage
    ✭✭
    I don't have any issues with fps and I game on a laptop (i7 7700, 1070 8GB, 16GB ram)

The only issue I have is the random push to login screen which is due to DDoS attacks from what I have heard or it is my ISP being an ass or there could be another issue, I don't know until I investigate which you most likely need to do.

In situations and issues like this, ZOS need configuration details as ALL configurations differ on PC.

It could be a specific generation of processor or a specific generation of GPU, or it could be a combination, a variation of the two.

So it does matter about hardware/software details, for all ZOS know you could have a virus impacting your system performance, a PC that is not looked after or a potato ran by hamsters, giving them so little as you have won't get you any answers, nor will being abrupt help as they will just ignore the post as a butt hurt troll post.

Also, why not log a ticket? As someone who works in IT, tickets are very well needed to log time/what I was doing for x amount of minutes/hours, without a ticket they don't need to work on anything, time is money, tickets = time = money.

No viruses. I get proper usage with FEW games but many have broken unoptimized game engine. Because developers are allowed to sell DLCs... adding macro-transactions, rng/gambling mechanics etc.. when the core of the game is still broken because sadly too many naive players will buy everything despite game not working as it should. and ESO is one of them.
    Edited by elderianmage on August 4, 2017 2:04PM
  • Demolitionary
    Demolitionary
    ✭✭✭

No viruses. I get proper usage with FEW games but many have broken unoptimized game engine. Because developers are allowed to sell DLCs... adding macro-transactions, rng/gambling mechanics etc.. when the core of the game is still broken because sadly too many naive players will buy everything despite game not working as it should. and ESO is one of them.

We are not talking about other games though are we, we are on the TESO forums talking about TESO not other games.

Now, I see why ZOS has ignored this thread, waste of time, in order for anyone to help you, you need to help them and provide useful information that helps investigate an issue you are having with this game, forget CPU threads as many games DON'T use all of them.

You are here to talk about your FPS issues in TESO no? Not converse about CPU threads, thread usage or other games for that matter.

Good luck on fixing your frame issues, hopefully you find an answer.

Looks like to me that I am feeding a troll GG :*
  • ZOS_MattL
    ZOS_MattL
    ✭✭✭
    Hey there,
    We have decided to close this thread as it has become off topic. If you are still having this issue please contact help.bethesda.net for customer support to submit a ticket.
    Thanks,
    Matt
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.