The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Low FPS - unplayable game.

• uzbachchi
    uzbachchi
    ✭✭✭
    Jazzius wrote: »
    I'm on PS4 and I've never noticed an FPS problem.

I'm on PS4 and it's getting worse by the day.
  • HurkleBeast
    HurkleBeast
    Soul Shriven
    I'm on PS4 Pro and I have to say the lag is getting worse. I have a wired connection with average download above 100Mbps and upload of 11Mbps. I have always had to deal with textures not loading quickly as I ride my mount into a town but now it is taking 5-10 seconds before the textures fully load and an additional 3-5 seconds before the npcs appear on screen. That is annoying but I am also experiencing the lag in combat where skills take 3-5 seconds to respond or having to press a skill button 6-8 times before it responds. This is making the game unplayable.
  • elderianmage
    elderianmage
    ✭✭
    Developers still ignoring poor game engine performance.
    Edited by elderianmage on June 27, 2017 1:28PM
  • elderianmage
    elderianmage
    ✭✭
    Issue is still here.
  • elderianmage
    elderianmage
    ✭✭
    New day new reminder.
  • coplannb16_ESO
    coplannb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are also issues with AMD Ryzen CPUs. Game cannot handle them well. Iam not talking about optimisation but about correct core and cache handling.

Basically on a 1600X you got 6 cores of which 3 are on a die (CCX) and share their internal memory in various ways (1st, 2nd, 4rd level cache) which behaves different to an intel duo or quad-core (2 core per die). What happens is that you get 10-20 seconds of like 0 FPS and 9999+ ping whenever the game decides to switch cores from core 0,1 or 2 to 3,4 or 5. Really fun when this happends in vMA, dungeon, trial or PvP.

It gets even worse if you enable SMT (AMDs version of Hyperthreading) because now you got 12 logical cores and even more chances that you get a core switch beyond cache-limits.

Only thing I can do to prevent this is to manually set core affinity everytime I start the game and have it only use core 1-3 or 4-6. Yay, I have to AVOID using half my processing power to workaround a crappy game engine.

@ZOS
    here for your apprentice developers (so all of them): https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-ca/library/hh875062.

Also, think about upgrading to DX12 and learn from Ashes of Singularity for multicore-usage...

Edited by coplannb16_ESO on June 29, 2017 2:15PM
    max level: mDK, stamBlade, stamSorc, magPlar, mDen, stamDen, magBlade, stamCro
    ESO+
    # of mules: 4 (FULL)
    maxed bank: FULL -_-
    Stop the grind! Get rid of stupid events and daily-quest gallore. Get rid of "have a chance of 1 in a million to get a piece of 1 in 30 to get a stupid motif or pet... wtf..."
    And at this point just remove all classes and have everyone choose their set of skills. then balance accordingly to skills always used vs. skills never used.
  • elderianmage
    elderianmage
    ✭✭
    There are also issues with AMD Ryzen CPUs. Game cannot handle them well. Iam not talking about optimisation but about correct core and cache handling.

Basically on a 1600X you got 6 cores of which 3 are on a die (CCX) and share their internal memory in various ways (1st, 2nd, 4rd level cache) which behaves different to an intel duo or quad-core (2 core per die). What happens is that you get 10-20 seconds of like 0 FPS and 9999+ ping whenever the game decides to switch cores from core 0,1 or 2 to 3,4 or 5. Really fun when this happends in vMA, dungeon, trial or PvP.

It gets even worse if you enable SMT (AMDs version of Hyperthreading) because now you got 12 logical cores and even more chances that you get a core switch beyond cache-limits.

Only thing I can do to prevent this is to manually set core affinity everytime I start the game and have it only use core 1-3 or 4-6. Yay, I have to AVOID using half my processing power to workaround a crappy game engine.

@ZOS
    here for your apprentice developers (so all of them): https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-ca/library/hh875062.

Also, think about upgrading to DX12 and learn from Ashes of Singularity for multicore-usage...

Thats why I'm trying to say from the beginning. Game engine(s) Don't care about multicore. Just bruteforce with Core0.
    Edited by elderianmage on June 30, 2017 12:51PM
  • koralr33fer
    koralr33fer
    ✭✭✭
    On XBOX the fps goes right into the toilet and game freezes every 10 seconds when using activity finder
  • koralr33fer
    koralr33fer
    ✭✭✭
    This has been an issue with dungeon finder since last year, but its been especially bad since homestead launched, at least on xbox. With countless bug reports, support tickets and complaints from the customer this has yet to be fully addressed. They've released a patch a few weeks ago, it helped with the removing from area after you port to dungeon but now the ready checks constantly fail and the game bogs right down and becomes unplayable while you wait in queue. Terrible performance on ZOS's part to ignore the issue this long and then after months of complaints they half ass fix it. Ridiculous...
  • elderianmage
    elderianmage
    ✭✭
    Is not just dungeons is whole game.
  • elderianmage
    elderianmage
    ✭✭
    ZOS is still ignoring the core problem of ESO.
  • koralr33fer
    koralr33fer
    ✭✭✭
    I only see this when using dungeon finder and maybe occassionally in pvp or trials when there's alot going on.Mostly in activity finder, the game freezes every 15 seconds or so for 5 seconds at a time. Its terrible. Activity finder has been really bad since homestead back in february.
  • elderianmage
    elderianmage
    ✭✭
    ZOS is still ignoring the core problem of ESO.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit I derped never mind.
    Edited by Turelus on July 4, 2017 8:26AM
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • elderianmage
    elderianmage
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Edit I derped never mind.

Can't be worse then ZOS ignoring core issue of the game.
  • elderianmage
    elderianmage
    ✭✭
    Issue is still not resolved.
  • elderianmage
    elderianmage
    ✭✭
    Game is still unplayable.
  • elderianmage
    elderianmage
    ✭✭
    Still not fixed.
    Edited by elderianmage on July 9, 2017 6:55AM
  • elderianmage
    elderianmage
    ✭✭
    New week same old broken game engine.
  • elderianmage
    elderianmage
    ✭✭
    New patch same old issues are still here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/358541/
  • elderianmage
    elderianmage
    ✭✭
    Still no fix.
  • elderianmage
    elderianmage
    ✭✭
    Major Issue is still present.
    Edited by elderianmage on July 14, 2017 6:34AM
  • PzTnT
    PzTnT
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, lets see...
    What kind of hardware do you have?

As for the low fps in large cluttered fights i have yet to see any MMO that gets high fps in such situations. Ever one i have played have medium fps even on good hardware and in all fairness ESO is one of the ones that perform better on my rig. Star Trek Online for instance didn't go past 40fps even with a gtx1080.

In either case don't ever expect a fix for this as it would most likely need them to entirely rewrite much of the graphics engine, netcode and server code to replace replace the current stuff. I've seen it done in a couple of other MMOs but there tends to be a very long content drought before they actually finish. It's more likely they will make an entirely new game before this happens.
  • elderianmage
    elderianmage
    ✭✭
    My Actual HW specs doesn't matter. I'm not alone with this problem. I have enough computing power to run this game at least at 150fps, if game engine would work properly. Simply Game engine doesn't know how to use multi-threading... if this is not a great bottleneck... I know re-writing game engine most likely won't happen. Zenimax are a big company and have resources, if they want to do it they can! But will they? Sure they shouldn't be allow on keep releasing expansions when core of the game is broken... and this can only happen if people don't support this game anymore and this is what should happen. Same goes for any other games with poor game engine performance... ;Quake champs. How poorly was that handled I can't believe the incompetence... but it doesn't surprise me anymore, goal of any game now days is just quick cash grab from previous success. This has to stop.
    I expect some respect from "AAA" game companies and not keep on releasing *burp* and get away because of blind fans.

How every game should be based on:
    #1 game engine (with net-code)
    #2 gameplay
    #3 make-up

but things are reversed in every game.
    Edited by elderianmage on July 15, 2017 6:26AM
  • elderianmage
    elderianmage
    ✭✭
    Keep ignoring ZOS... Thats whats you do best.
    Edited by elderianmage on July 16, 2017 9:54AM
  • elderianmage
    elderianmage
    ✭✭
    One more day with broken game engine... who cares right?
  • elderianmage
    elderianmage
    ✭✭
    Still not fixed.
  • Neelanna48
    Neelanna48
    ✭✭✭
    Last two to three weeks every day when i sign in now and i try to change alts I get *timed out* hard to join groups when I have no idea when I will get back into game again , sometimes its 7 or 8 attempts to get back in, please sort this, i dont like paying for eso+ when I cant even get into the game.
  • Korinth
    Korinth
    ✭✭✭
    Same here... all 4 of my main raiding guildies and I have had issues with horrid FPS. Not so much in game normally, or in delves. But in Undaunted dailies...and especially boss fights we see FPS tank to 1-10 fps (yes...ONE to TEN fps).

Ask ZoS what is wrong and what they are doing to fix it....

Crickets ...Crickets..... OH we are releasing new CROWN CRATES, or NEW DLC...

Hey ZoS.... fix the frame rate issues please! Or at least ACKNOWLEDGE there is an issue!
    Guild Officer
    Tamriel Transport Co.

tusc.enjin.com/home
  • Gothren
    Gothren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get random fps from 20-35 fps in pve, 40 if im lucky and anywhere from 1-35 fps in cyrodill. for me anything below 20 fps and it becomes harder to play. hopefully there will be some performance fixes.
This discussion has been closed.