The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

SPONSORED STREAMER

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMar wrote: »
    A mail full of Rewards of the Worthy screams PTS btw.
    Indeed, so this is just an overreaction? If so when Gina/Jessica see my message I'm gonna look a right ass (more so than normal).
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Kay1
    Kay1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My mail gets full of Rewards of the Worthy every day tbh
    K1 The Big Monkey
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kay1 wrote: »

My mail gets full of Rewards of the Worthy every day tbh

Does it get so full that you get the message to delete mail because your inbox is full even if you delete everything in it?

If they are new players then the only way their mail is full of rewards of the worthy is if they received all that AP in one sitting as happens on the PTS. Unless there is a way to do that on Live too but that seems unlikely as the devs themselves don't do it.
    However a clarification is always welcome.

I think Jessica at some point said that the PTS was down for preparation for streaming or something but not sure when that was. There's also a banner on the PTS forums right now that says "The PTS is offline for maintenance and will be unavailable until Friday, June 16."
    Edited by LMar on June 8, 2017 11:12AM
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Turelus wrote: »

On a serious and cynical note though, what is your marketing team doing. They seem to be entirely clueless as to building any actual relationship with this community and treating it entirely as one would expect a corporate penny pincher to do.
    Please for the love of this game can you make sure marketing actually pays attention to the game side of things and not just the revenue.

My Grandma could do a better job than their marketing team and that is not even a joke. Remember the early NDA release thingy for Morrowind? They took the 2014 ESO release list and gave those ppl early access, didnt even bother to check whether they play and what new players create content for ESO to add them.

I do not mind sponsored streamers, in the end they will bring a lot of new players to the game, which is good, unless they complain about the game and say its garbage in their sponsored stream :trollface:
    Edited by Alcast on June 8, 2017 3:47PM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• SchizoidMetal
    SchizoidMetal
    ✭✭✭
    Wanna know what makes it even funnier.. These same sponsored streamers who truthfully could care less about this game and will not play this game again until paid because that is the new mold being created on twitch talked so much trash about the game while streaming. Saying it sucked, who play this garbage, ect ,ect. I know, i was watching a few of these sponsored streams. I do agree it was a slap in the face big time to the streamers who have been streaming this game simply for the love of it.

I'd like to post my favorite ESO streamers so maybe they can get some love too!

MilkViper
    Vuzion
    FranZTheMute
    AurbisDragon
    killuhhbreezee
    RubenOfTheOrder
    TESephiroth
    Deeeekie

There are more and they deserve more love than these shotty variety streamers do, just sayin!!
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear diary..

I think I've made my mind, today I'm going to complain about Zos advertising their product. Yeah, that totally seems like a valid, and serious issue that demands my unsolicited attention!

Please smh.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just to clarify, the group of players in question were indeed on the PTS using templates. @ZOS_BrianWheeler was introducing some folks from Curse to Battlegrounds. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ZirconJunkie
    ZirconJunkie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Watched a streamer yesterday that started with nearly 30k viewers. By the end of playing ESO for about 4 hours, the viewership had dropped to 11k.

I like to call it the ESO Effect.
  • speeez
    speeez
    ✭✭✭
    SanTii.92 wrote: »
    Dear diary..

I think I've made my mind, today I'm going to complain about Zos advertising their product. Yeah, that totally seems like a valid, and serious issue that demands my unsolicited attention!

Please smh.

HAHA i lol'd :D
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/speeeztv
    YouTube: www.youtube.com/speeeztv
  • Sheey
    Sheey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just to clarify, the group of players in question were indeed on the PTS using templates. @ZOS_BrianWheeler was introducing some folks from Curse to Battlegrounds. :)

I knew that.
  • qsnoopyjr
    qsnoopyjr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Watched a streamer yesterday that started with nearly 30k viewers. By the end of playing ESO for about 4 hours, the viewership had dropped to 11k.

too much horse simulator in pvp.
    the game hasnt evolved, it feels like EQ. Kill a group of monsters, and take your time to move on the next. (It's too slow, boring)

Games like League of Legends, its action action action. Very few periods in game where there is no action at all. Thats why people like to watch LoL.

Difference between League of Legends and ESO is that. In LoL, the monsters attack you, they come to you.
    In ESO, just take your time, the monsters aint moving anywhere.
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Youre just now coming to the realization that people who stream ESO get perks?

ZOS is a money making company and they are pretty good at it, of course they are helping people who help them. Straight checks? I doubt it, Crowns, and deluxe dlc box sets? Id be shocked if they didnt.

Streamers are great for entertainment purposes but dont be naive to the fact that for many of them they pull an income from these channels which is their primary and secondary incomes. Nothing wrong with that but some of the perks, like getting to break rules you cant, are mildly annoying.

If it bothers you dont watch them, BELIEVE ME they will jump ship fast if its a money maker. Only a few of here though that do it as a primary, the others are largely just pretentious hypocrites and harmless, LOL.

Edited by Malic on June 8, 2017 10:15PM
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why does ZOS think questing is interesting in the least?

They should should donating to top pvp streamers allowing them to go full time.
  • Larry78
    Larry78
    ✭✭✭
    Top 5 Streamers in ESO atm are SPONSORED Streams?!

So ZOS gave them money to stream MORROWIND?

they have vMSA staffs and fully lvled chars, do they keep this accounts ?!

WHY are u not supporting the REAL Streamers of ESO?????

Ruben
    Kodi
    Jules
    Alcast
    Kevduit
    Faso
    AND MANY MORE!!

Those people and many others are streaming this game mostly daily and FOR FREE!

They know what they are talking about. Support these streams too!! They are the real "soul of ESO-Twitch"

Link there twitch accounts to your social media or host them with your "ZenimaxOnlineStudios-Twitch" Account or the "Bethesda-Twitch" Account.

Jelly? Do it, try it and don't be jelly please...
  • DemonNinja
    DemonNinja
    ✭✭✭✭

Ruben
    Kodi
    Jules
    Alcast
    Kevduit
    Faso
    AND MANY MORE!!

They know what they are talking about. Support these streams too!! They are the real "soul of ESO-Twitch"

Link there twitch accounts to your social media or host them with your "ZenimaxOnlineStudios-Twitch" Account or the "Bethesda-Twitch" Account.

It's not uncommon at all for companies to hire high-profile streamers (those that attract a viewership of thousands of people) for launches. The people you list hardly break 100s of viewers most of the time. Not to mention half those people on your list are toxic during their streams and just trash talk other players all day long, I don't blame ZOS for not hosting them. The people that watch and stream ESO are already customers - by hiring high-profile streamers they reach new customers that may buy the game to try it and stick around. It's called marketing...
    @DemonNinja
    Aerilon Starsider - Best Sorcerer NA
    World Record Trial Team Member & Game Breaker of Days Past
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure why anyone would want to watch someone playing an MMO. There is nothing exciting about it. The only interesting streams to watch are e-sports since you can learn to better play the game from these players.

I'd rather be playing MMOs and single player games myself than watching someone else play.
  • Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭
    DemonNinja wrote: »

Ruben
    Kodi
    Jules
    Alcast
    Kevduit
    Faso
    AND MANY MORE!!

It's not uncommon at all for companies to hire high-profile streamers (those that attract a viewership of thousands of people) for launches. The people you list hardly break 100s of viewers most of the time. Not to mention half those people on your list are toxic during their streams and just trash talk other players all day long, I don't blame ZOS for not hosting them. The people that watch and stream ESO are already customers - by hiring high-profile streamers they reach new customers that may buy the game to try it and stick around. It's called marketing...

Agree. Anyone who hasn't got the game isn't going to be inspired to buy by the bulk of those mentioned, in BG's in their current state. They'll be thinking its all she wrote as far as new comers being competitive, or that they'll be able to walk on in and be competitive. Well they can walk on in.. a few would be walking right back-out again.

On the other hand a streamer with no or some eso experience doing a 'walk through' and streaming pve content will probably show the game in a more welcoming light.
  • Niaver
    Niaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sodapoppin also streamed the game, on live server.
    He ended grinding in Skyreach because Morrowind quests are all about talking and it's not interesting for streaming.
    Edited by Niaver on June 9, 2017 1:49PM
    PC EU - Daggerfall Covenant - @Niaver
    Erazar (main) - Khajit DK tank

Proud owner of Maelstrom Sharpened Bow
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure why anyone would want to watch someone playing an MMO. There is nothing exciting about it. The only interesting streams to watch are e-sports since you can learn to better play the game from these players.

I'd rather be playing MMOs and single player games myself than watching someone else play.
    This, its 3 reason for me to watch other play a game: one to learn something, like trial mechanics. Second is for fun, this tend to be fooling around, think differently geared for ESO.
    Last is previews of non published content.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • nhisso
    nhisso
    ✭✭✭✭
    Streaming is the dumbest thing ever.
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    nhisso wrote: »

I don't know. I would probably put streaming above wasting time on a video game forum.
  • Aeladiir
    Aeladiir
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ruben
    Kodi
    Jules
    Alcast
    Kevduit
    Faso
    AND MANY MORE!!

Ruben - literally who?
    Kodi - literally who?
    Jules - literally who?
    Alcast - meh
    Kevduit - relatively bad streams, okay YouTube content
    Faso - literally who?
    AND MANY MORE!! - literally who?
  • Fallen_Ray
    Fallen_Ray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this is true, then those Crown Crates really do pay for themselves, that they do.
    "Dear brother, I do not spread rumors, I create them"- Lucien Lachance
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sponsored streams, get paid and will praise the game until funding runs out.
    Normal ESO streamer will complain and expose ZOS for how buggy and broken the game is and their failure to fix long standing issues.

Which one do you think they prefer?
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I don't know. I would probably put streaming above wasting time on a video game forum.

Nah, streaming is dumb. Really don't get the appeal at all.

Only waste time on here when can't play. :p
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why does anybody give a crap about Streamers? Maybe I'm too old school but I never understood... just play the game... why watch somebody else do it?

I seem to recall a South Park episode on this... this is probably why Tamriel is full of noobs who get downed by basic enemies in PVE despite being over CP 100.

I think the only time I've ever streamed stuff was to show off my mods I'm developing... which you know, is the only way to showcase my work. I don't get why you'd stream to somebody all your builds and 'tips' - that's how you create a meta playerbase, and then developers see that and continuously nerf the crap out of everything.

Streamers are literally the bane of true gamers everywhere.
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • mikeabboudb14_ESO
    mikeabboudb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    social media is just one big ad platform. if zos wants to pay streamers to stream about the game its no different then another way to promote the game. If streamers have enough following to get the attention of a company to promote their product more power to them. Personally some of the streamers are quite entertaining.
  • Knightpanther
    Knightpanther
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have never seen the attraction of watching some self cantered, attention seeking muppet play a game that I could be playing instead of wasting my time watching them play?!?! .........

ah you get my drift anyway
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Youtube is already serious business, I know people who earn 10k a month and they arent even that popular. I personally think its very smart as Bethesda/Zen to focus on Youtube, its kind of forgotten frontier for game industry, Blizzar Entertainment has 250k follower? Ooops? Most bigger game companies have more or less their hands full, so that said Bethesda/Zen is just perfect for Youtube.
    Edited by Sausage on June 11, 2017 3:00PM
  • Sheey
    Sheey
    ✭✭✭✭
    You watch them while u play and eventually some streamsnipes for entertainment.
This discussion has been closed.