The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

How are Wardens ?

• Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wardens lived up to my expectations ...I found my new main
    I love it; but honestly having played since beta, new classes have been long over due. I'd honestly like to see another 1 or 2 classes over the next 24 months. It really adds to the nuance of the game.
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did not live up to my expectations
    I just don't get why they had to screw over stamina Warden so badly. No effects on Cutting Dive or Wild Guardian, no stam morph for Swarm, and worst of all, they removed the 6% physical damage bonus passive.

Really disappointed.
    PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
  • Whatelse73b14_ESO
    Whatelse73b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Can't comment on them NOW mate as I have not seen the whole aspects of the class yet
    Still working on it and things seem a bit strange to work with. I have yet to launch a dive that isn't delayed at least a second or two. The 6 second delay on the scorch is still a tough one to get used to. Not really a worthwhile skill against trash mobs, but good for a group of them and for bigger mobs that take time. As long as you can keep them in front of you.

It'll be interesting to see how things work in the upper levels.
  • Potenza
    Potenza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To me its a sorc with just a completely different skill line for the class abilities.
  • Knightpanther
    Knightpanther
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    crowfl56 wrote: »
    Each and every ESO plus member should be pissed.

Not one of us should have had to pay for this trash,

So now go have fun and wait for the next, screw job :).

Speak for yourself mate, I've been playing since Beta and the Warden introduction is the playstyle I was waiting for, whole new shot in the arm for this game.

Be safe
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still working on it and things seem a bit strange to work with. I have yet to launch a dive that isn't delayed at least a second or two. The 6 second delay on the scorch is still a tough one to get used to. Not really a worthwhile skill against trash mobs, but good for a group of them and for bigger mobs that take time. As long as you can keep them in front of you.

I'm glad it's not just me having that issue with dive - it says "instant" but if that's instant then someone's having a laugh :D

If it *was* instant, instead of up to sometimes 3 seconds delay on it firing off, then maybe my dps wouldn't be so crushingly disappointing :D
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • CountEdmondDantes
    CountEdmondDantes
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like my warden, but I may have done things differently from others.

The Animal Companion line is nice but I probably won't use it once I level it up. I don't have the fascination with bears that ZOS design team has. Maybe if other animals or animal skins became availabe ... a wolf or whatever, I might be more interested.

I like the ice elements and it's that skill and the healing that I've been focusing on. The warden has some nice DoTs so I've been dropping two/three DoTs and just dual wielding everything to death. I've set up my warden like my templar/nightblade: sustainable, solo play.

It's probably not the best DPS or even the best healer, but that's not how I play.

• Talrol
    Talrol
    ✭✭✭
    I love the class so far, on PTS I played with the 630CP version and loved that one as well. I've always played a healer primarily in every game that I've played. My main has been a magplar up until now.

While I do not believe that wardens are stronger or better healers than templars, I do believe that they can hold their own in healing, plus all the added utility for the party makes them very much worth playing in my opinion.

They are not easy to play, they definately take some thought on when to cast a skill, but even being a healer build I've found that I can put out more DPS than my Templar healer build (though that may also be the CP point difference)

I'm currently waiting until I hit about level 30 before I start queuing for dungeons as I feel that anything lower level is more of a drag on a party than a help and I hate to be the person carried.
  • itehache
    itehache
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wardens lived up to my expectations ...I will keep my main :)
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't comment on them NOW mate as I have not seen the whole aspects of the class yet
    So far having fun with it, I never had high expectations so nothing to fuss about yet :)
  • Haxer
    Haxer
    ✭✭✭
    crowfl56 wrote: »
    Each and every ESO plus member should be pissed.

Not one of us should have had to pay for this trash,

So now go have fun and wait for the next, screw job :).

This. ESO Plus is supposed to be the full game. Only free to play plebs are supposed to have to buy expansions and ala carte content like this.

I bought it begrudgingly. If it doesn't end up being any better than what I'm already getting with ESO Plus it will be the last time. Hope I'm wrong and Morrowind is above and beyond and worth it. But if it's not fool me once shame on you -won't be fooled again.

www.dragontears.boards.net
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't played with them since PTS. The stam version was OP in PvP, but with the removal of their +6% physical damage passive they might be a little more balanced. Time will tell.
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cloudless wrote: »
    I don't know. Playstyle just doesn't feel very natural, and the combat is a bear to get used to.

Not to mention that playing without the Animal Companions ultimate really is unbearable.

I wouldn't say unbearable...but I do like the pun!!! I've started a stam warden and buddy playing a mag warden. So far, I have to say I'm impressed. Currently killing mobs with ease. We even managed to duo the world boss "Hunger" at level 6. Took us FOREVER to kill him though, but we did it. Currently using Hunding's 5pc and Vamp Kiss 4pc. (and 300cp points)
  • ObsidianMichi
    ObsidianMichi
    ✭✭✭
    I'm only level 16 or so, but I like it so far. :D
  • Jimbostein
    I'm quite enjoying it. I made a magicka dps, and so far (low level) I'm melting stuff as fast as my sorc.

I've seen some complaints about dive and it not actually being instant. Here's the thing about dive. It has no cast animation, so in effect, no "global cooldown". If you cast it on a single target you have to wait for the previous cliff racer to hit before another one will. But if you have 2-3 targets you can stick a cliff racer on each, so dive/dive/dive, BAM/BAM/BAM! You can use it on a target if you have a split second of downtime and weave it in faster than quick attacks. Sure, it's delayed gratification, but it does a lot of damage and can be used to quickly knock a target or 2 in the group down a peg while your aoes do the rest of the work. Or you can cast it and immediately start casting something else while it does its thing.

Another thing that made the bear pet less clunky is that they added pet commands. Hold y (on pc) and left click a target to tell the bear to attack, hold y and right click to tell the bear to disengage and return to your side.
    Edited by Jimbostein on May 24, 2017 6:53PM
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know. Playstyle just doesn't feel very natural, and the combat is a bear to get used to.

Not to mention that playing without the Animal Companions ultimate really is unbearable.
    Right, @Cloudless , and is it truly good for all content? Seems like such a netch build?

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Cloudless
    Cloudless
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Right, @Cloudless , and is it truly good for all content? Seems like such a netch build?

Hm, lotus test it some more before we give any final verdict.
  • Keldheir
    Keldheir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what I think about the Warden class. After seeing some of the skills on ESO live I completely lost interest in ever playing a Warden. I wanted a druidic class, and that really isn't it. Also the skill lines don't quite fit together. Spectral animals and healing plants, okay, I can see that. But mixed with ice magic? That doesn't fit at all. Still vexes me. I also briefly tried a Warden when testing the beta and still didn't like it. And now... since I have access to the class I felt I have to at least try it twice. Once stam, once mag. Stam I gave up quickly and I really can't turn the mag one into a good dps. Then I tried being just on the sideline, providing support. Healing and buffing. Usually not my thing but hey... it's actually pretty fun. I'll have to wait and see where it gets me.
    PC EU
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm...mkay..but they could have done better

Those shalks are useless, I actually have to stand around getting hit sometimes just to give them enough time to show up! The "instant means delayed" cliff diver is nearly as bad. I haven't got the netch yet so I can't comment on that.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • Mondini
    Mondini
    ✭✭✭✭
    Played on PTS and won't be buying live. Lame with a side of mediocre.
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well... hit 50 yesterday and solod a few pledges on a 5 light/1/1 magicka build without any real sustain problems on it, but all of the dps options feel so slow and clunky that I am debating whether or not I should just resort to the good ol' Force pulse weaves. Animal companions feels kinda boring tbh, with the exception of the netch restore and prey buff, green balance however feels pretty fun as a healer (and a tank), and then winter skill line is just excellent for tanking.

Edit: It kind of annoys me however that I can easily reach 2k+ resource regeneration with no effort via passives in identical gear my 1k resource sorc wears.
    Edited by Caligamy_ESO on May 25, 2017 10:05PM
    love is love
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Potenza wrote: »
    To me its a sorc with just a completely different skill line for the class abilities.

it's playable that way, but not nearly as fluid, and it needs a little more damage, imho.

• Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wheres my rainbow unicorn ultimate dammit?!
  • StormWylf
    StormWylf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Potenza wrote: »
    Interesting observation, this is exactly what I thought when I tried it in Beta. But for the Bear, the DPS "Pet" skills are just spells with fancy graphics. But I am enjoying so far.

• Sigma957
    Sigma957
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's good fun learning what I can and can't do also it's not OP or p2w as people were crying about months before. :smile:
  • Galwylin
    Galwylin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So we should have got a class that disappears if we let ESO plus lapse? I'm fine with buying it like everyone else. The crafting bag and double bank space are the reason I sub now.

Where did you hear that? I hope it wasn't a programmer that said that. I suppose if you let you sub lapse the craft bag dumps you stuff out in the street. Or costumes earned in Orsinium... whoops. It just doesn't sense that a character would disappear. Still, you did pay for it even if it was just through ESO+. Might not can make a new one. That's just weird and borderline stupid to me. I heard that was the reason this DLC is called a chapter is because the warden was included (so how about don't include it?) on these forums. If this is an official reasoning, it pisses me off because I don't mind someone telling me I have to buy something (as long as the price isn't too big) but don't lie to me to excuse it.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PlagueSD wrote: »
    .... I've started a stam warden and buddy playing a mag warden. So far, I have to say I'm impressed. Currently killing mobs with ease. We even managed to duo the world boss "Hunger" at level 6. Took us FOREVER to kill him though, but we did it. Currently using Hunding's 5pc and Vamp Kiss 4pc. (and 300cp points)
    Same here. I'm soloing a stam warden with a focus on animal magic + bear, and killing mobs easily, too. I'm afraid to post about it, though, because as soon as ZOS hears that wardens are playable, they'll nerf something. And now everyone who doesn't want to buy Morrowind will be screaming "nerf stam wardens!"
    *Shakes head sadly*
    You can't win. You just can't win. I'd just like to be able to play a class just once without it being nerfed.

Edited by SydneyGrey on May 26, 2017 4:10AM
  • goldnugget
    goldnugget
    ✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    PlagueSD wrote: »
    .... I've started a stam warden and buddy playing a mag warden. So far, I have to say I'm impressed. Currently killing mobs with ease. We even managed to duo the world boss "Hunger" at level 6. Took us FOREVER to kill him though, but we did it. Currently using Hunding's 5pc and Vamp Kiss 4pc. (and 300cp points)
    Same here. I'm soloing a stam warden with a focus on animal magic + bear, and killing mobs easily, too. I'm afraid to post about it, though, because as soon as ZOS hears that wardens are playable, they'll nerf something. And now everyone who doesn't want to buy Morrowind will be screaming "nerf stam wardens!"
    *Shakes head sadly*
    You can't win. You just can't win. I'd just like to be able to play a class just once without it being nerfed.

you can quest with any class and really with just about any setup. you could probably get through the game with 2k dps. stam warden isnt really even unique. it will ideally only use 3 class skills out of a possible 12 in serious content. realistically they will not even be allowed. they would need to nerf all the skills that every stam build uses to nerf stam wardens. they arent exactly desirable dps in groups though. mag warden can atleast make use of all the damage abilities.
    Edited by goldnugget on May 26, 2017 7:44AM
  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did not buy Morrowind ...don't care
    i played on PTS ...It was boring to play to me...but there are people love it.....

But the only word for WARDEN for me its BORING
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
  • Kay1
    Kay1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't played with them since PTS. The stam version was OP in PvP, but with the removal of their +6% physical damage passive they might be a little more balanced. Time will tell.

Lol
    Edited by Kay1 on May 26, 2017 7:02AM
    K1 The Big Monkey