The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How are Wardens ?

vpy
vpy
✭✭✭✭
It's been like 2 days and I am sure that many would have tested the warden play style

So how are wardens ...be 100% subjective and opinionated :)
Edited by vpy on May 24, 2017 12:08PM

How are Wardens ? 202 votes

Wardens lived up to my expectations ...I found my new main
22%
SG_CelerrimusGlassHalfFullMalakorRudyardHayatoTryxusSaroussezippo_taylorb16_ESOAlienSlofUlfgardeAstraliJonnAndCoSanTii.92DelgentTheDarkRulerGedalyasollAhPook_Is_HereDrachenfierHuyen 45 votes
Hmmm...mkay..but they could have done better
20%
Imrylldrakhan2002_ESOMoiskormoimiSolarikenCaligamy_ESOMojmirZardayneDarkWombatTiitusSvenjaZentaraeserras7b16_ESOSodanTokTriumviribooksmcreaddroids097DurhamFrenkthevileandreasvdsalter 42 votes
Did not live up to my expectations
12%
Stamdenflamingspirit3_ESOJacozillaOmniDobottleofsyrupSkoomahMiseriogoldnuggetDystopia2020ShanjijriIyasAnhedoniePeekachu99Toc de MalsviVulture051IzakiBobby_V_RockitAsardesMarabornwingrionAlgraxa 25 votes
Did not buy Morrowind ...don't care
7%
kumatab14_ESOIts_AlexisyotanutEdziuMinalanVercingetorixDracindoAL16hopsPOps75pFallen_RayTheHsNVagabondLifeSinkasvpyMalic 16 votes
Can't comment on them NOW mate as I have not seen the whole aspects of the class yet
36%
thesilverball_ESOvailjohn_ESOkevlarto_ESONewBlacksmurfotis67PlagueSDWhatelse73b14_ESOaubrey.baconb16_ESOKhenarthiCazicidkjarrandub17_ESOIlmarthethiefSirCriticalsubtlezeroub17_ESOtechnohicjuha.smedsneb18_ESOralvdlindenpeb18_ESOvyndral13preub18_ESOwhiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO 74 votes
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know. Playstyle just doesn't feel very natural, and the combat is a bear to get used to.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Cloudless
    Cloudless
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know. Playstyle just doesn't feel very natural, and the combat is a bear to get used to.

Not to mention that playing without the Animal Companions ultimate really is unbearable.
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm a bit torn about the Warden... I originally expected them to be different, but got used to they play while in beta. What annoys me, is that they are so heavily focused on Vvardenfell's animals in the Animal Companions skill line and the lack of real combat pets other than the bear.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • DeadlyRecluse
      DeadlyRecluse
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      No poll option for "Exceeded my expectations, but I don't like it."
      Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
    • Knightpanther
      Knightpanther
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      My old main was a solo, heavy armour, duel sword beast with a pet (Clannfear).
      But being on AD side the nasty looking pet never suited my roleplay, now swap out that ugly bugger for a nice fluffy bear and some druid like skills.

Not had this much fun since we thrashed United 1-6 at the swamp.

Be safe
    • drakhan2002_ESO
      drakhan2002_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I am of mixed feelings about the Warden; I suppose it can be a good class as the developers intended it to be - a support class. It sure plays like a "jack of all trades" class. I just feel like I am missing something and I can't place it. I did play in beta and maybe all of the shininess went out the door now at launch.

It definitely has value to the gaming experience and I will likely play it from time to time, but I think I'll stick with my Templar as my "main".
    • idk
      idk
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Can't comment on them NOW mate as I have not seen the whole aspects of the class yet
      Few have gotten their wardens to end game and none of those have finished getting all they need leveled such as undaunted to really see how they do.

Are they fine leveling, yes but that is should be a small part of the picture.
    • Xarc
      Xarc
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Well I am playing a Stam Warden actually in PVP.
      I 'm low level, and need to unlock a lot of new skills, but... atm it is fun. Fun also maybe because it's new.

What is fun too, is how people don't know how to fight against warden, how to fight me :) They are surprised, it's pretty fun, yes.
      @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
      "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
      Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
      Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
      Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
      Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
      Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
      Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
      Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
      Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
      kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
      - since april.2014
    • flamingspirit3_ESO
      I have always played a hunter type class with animals in any game that has them, so I was SO EXCITED for the Warden.

I was having a hard time getting accustomed to play. I tend to like solo adventuring and it felt unnatural and kinda frustrating with the Warden. ESO turned them into primarily a support class. (Their first class intended to be support and not solo, if I am not mistaken... even Templars can tank and DPS is high enough to be a solo class). Perhaps in a group Wardens would fare well... I am just not feeling it.
    • Epona222
      Epona222
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      I don't feel I can vote yet as I've spent so much time respeccing existing characters that I haven't had an awful lot of play time yet on my new Wardens (I am more or less just doing horse training on them for a few days)

My Breton mag warden - level 14, very disappointing dps, maybe I'm doing it wrong - a magplar at the same level would be doing a lot better

I made a Nord stam warden who is only at level 4 so can't really comment.

ATM I feel a little disappointed - I feel like I have a support class, but there's no real room in the game for a support class and I wouldn't want to play one. Up the dps on a couple of skills to make it at least commensurate with magplar, and I'd be happy.

EDIT: Because I said she was level 11 but forgot that she gained 3 levels before the server went down.
      Edited by Epona222 on May 24, 2017 12:29PM
      GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
    • crowfl56
      crowfl56
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Each and every ESO plus member should be pissed.

Not one of us should have had to pay for this trash,

So now go have fun and wait for the next, screw job :).
    • Ulfgarde
      Ulfgarde
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Very versatile. I love the class design and all the intrinsic goodies with it. They did a great job with the summoning animations and all that beautiful buzz.

The only problem I have with it is the occasional clunky skill, like Dive, which is outclassed by Force Pulse quite easily. You often have to re-buff yourself just to be effective, but then again, you have some of the most powerful buffs in the game, so it's a give or take more or less.

But overall, they did a great job balancing it out and not making it too powerful for release. They work just like the other classes do and fit in just right, at least it feels so.
      Very athletic eso player
      PC EU
    • AlienSlof
      AlienSlof
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      My warden will never be my main, but I am enjoying the playstyle very much. I'm certainly not rushing to end-game content with it, as my main does all that.
      Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
    • Galwylin
      Galwylin
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      This 3 sec and 6 sec wait for abilities is starting to get on my nerves.
    • vyndral13preub18_ESO
      vyndral13preub18_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      All I know is everytime I run by one they have this big blue circle thingie they really really want to put down all the time.
    • bottleofsyrup
      bottleofsyrup
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Underwhelming. Everything is delayed and abilities are bugged (the Major Resolve and Ward buffs not prioritizing the caster). It tries to be a jack of all trades but isn't that good at anything. Shame.
    • NewBlacksmurf
      NewBlacksmurf
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      If you played Dark Age of Camelot...this Warden is pretty much their new class released later. Same ideas as some of the same devs are here. New class was per class there...made primarily for solo hybrid gameplay

I expect the game to follow a similar path over the next 2 years
      Edited by NewBlacksmurf on May 24, 2017 1:09PM
      -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
      ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    • thesilverball_ESO
      thesilverball_ESO
      ✭✭✭
      I just started with it so it's too new to comment about other than to say so far I love it. :)
    • ofSunhold
      ofSunhold
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Interesting synergies with Templars and Sorcs.

So far, that's my only opinion.
      Classes that don't need any class ability nerfs: Nightblades, Dragonknights, Sorcs, Templars, Wardens.
    • Epona222
      Epona222
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Ulfgarde wrote: »
      Very versatile. I love the class design and all the intrinsic goodies with it. They did a great job with the summoning animations and all that beautiful buzz.

The only problem I have with it is the occasional clunky skill, like Dive, which is outclassed by Force Pulse quite easily. You often have to re-buff yourself just to be effective, but then again, you have some of the most powerful buffs in the game, so it's a give or take more or less.

But overall, they did a great job balancing it out and not making it too powerful for release. They work just like the other classes do and fit in just right, at least it feels so.

Honestly, that is my main gameplay issue right now (at a very low level) - dive says it is instant, but there is often a delay. I appreciate the animations for the skills, but if it is an animation issue causing that delay, I'd rather just have the skill fire with a less fancy animation when I press the button, rather than wait for the pretty cliff racer to descend. It says instant, it should be instant. I shouldn't have mobs bearing down on me a couple of seconds after I pressed the button until the cliff racer has had its breakfast and preened itself. All other considerations are secondary to having skills fire in a timely manner in combat.

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
    • Epona222
      Epona222
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      good grief, somehow managed to quote myself instead of edit - the internet equivalent of disappearing up one's own backside I guess :D

(At least I can laugh at myself :) )
      Edited by Epona222 on May 24, 2017 1:26PM

• Dracindo
      Dracindo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Did not buy Morrowind ...don't care
      Didn't buy Morrowind, but I do care! Well, for the Warden, that is.

I don't know their strenghts, but the skill lines are perfect for the type of character I want to play.
      It may not be the best, but I'm willing to make a warden my main.
    • theher0not
      theher0not
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      This far I found mag warden really fun. I don't know how good it is at max level, but I really enjoy playing it.

I'll probably main it (as was the plan before Morrowind)

(I play as a magicka khajiit and for once I don't have any issues with resource sustain. So that is a big plus for me).
      Epona222 wrote: »
      good grief, somehow managed to quote myself instead of edit - the internet equivalent of disappearing up one's own backside I guess :D

(At least I can laugh at myself :) )

Been there, done that ;).
      Edited by theher0not on May 24, 2017 1:56PM
    • SydneyGrey
      SydneyGrey
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I have a stam warden that's somewhere around level 19-20. She's a lot of fun to play, but I'm finding that the ice magic seems pretty weak. Maybe it gets stronger at later levels, but right now it's not great. I love the bear except that when I morphed him, he suddenly got stupid glowing eyes.* Ugh. Why, ZOS, why? Oh hell no.

The cliff racer and shalk spells are great fun.

(*Apparently if you morph them to respawn automatically, they get glowing eyes, and if you choose the other morph, they get large glyph tattoos on their bodies. I wish they'd just left the bears alone so they continued to look like bears.)

Edited by SydneyGrey on May 24, 2017 2:19PM
    • Khenarthi
      Khenarthi
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Mine are just fresh and getting their horse training for the next few weeks. First impression on stamina warden was disappointing (weak).
      PC-EU
    • Mettaricana
      Mettaricana
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      I see 4 ppl missing the party
    • Epona222
      Epona222
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      SydneyGrey wrote: »
      I have a stam warden that's somewhere around level 19-20. She's a lot of fun to play, but I'm finding that the ice magic seems pretty weak. Maybe it gets stronger at later levels, but right now it's not great. I love the bear except that when I morphed him, he suddenly got stupid glowing eyes.* Ugh. Why, ZOS, why? Oh hell no.

The cliff racer and shalk spells are great fun.

(*Apparently if you morph them to respawn automatically, they get glowing eyes, and if you choose the other morph, they get large glyph tattoos on their bodies. I wish they'd just left the bears alone so they continued to look like bears.)

Honestly when it comes to bear appearance, a toggle right in that same menu where it has "Hide Helmet", "Hide Horse Speed Upgrade"... etc etc... just a "Hide summons upgrade" would work perfectly, and just allow people to choose whether they wanted the glowy eyes/glyph or leave it as is.

• Galwylin
      Galwylin
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      All I know is everytime I run by one they have this big blue circle thingie they really really want to put down all the time.

Well, you see there's a morph so you can get the heal now instead of waiting for 6 sec but for some reason there's still a delay. I've used it in dungeons a lot because I've never seen so many people about to die. Of course mine died due to this stupid delay crap that even when you morph to get rid of it you still have it. On the plus side, you definitely have time for heavy attacks with one.
    • Rainwhisper
      Rainwhisper
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Are they fine leveling, yes but that is should be a small part of the picture.

Many of us have played for years and never set foot in end-game content. I've played since beta, and am more than happy running overland quests.
    • rotaugen454
      rotaugen454
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      crowfl56 wrote: »
      Each and every ESO plus member should be pissed.

Not one of us should have had to pay for this trash,

So now go have fun and wait for the next, screw job :).

So we should have got a class that disappears if we let ESO plus lapse? I'm fine with buying it like everyone else. The crafting bag and double bank space are the reason I sub now.
      "Get off my lawn!"