The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Battlegrounds should be open for everyone (Serious talk ZOS)?

alephthiago
alephthiago
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm aware of the group bug and that you guys are working to release a fix for it, but after day one of the patch what everyone was expecting to be "PVP P*RN" turned out to be very weak and disappointing.
-Big queue times (the purpose of having a few casual quick matches was not achieved as expected).
-Matches with partial teams were almost the rule, 2v3v2 , 4v3v2, 3v3v2 and etc (for all that time in queue you would expect at least full teams).
-Being matched with the same 6-7 people for HOURS.

I think everyone was expecting MUCH more since we have been dying for battlegrounds and before you blame the group bug keep in mind that this should be a fun quick experience for solo players too.

The whole rng with game modes was... hmmm less than ideal, everyone was like "oh god please, i don't want capture the flag again".

If you allow EVERYONE to participate in battlegrounds:

-Queue times will be faster.
-The possibility of creating separate queues for different game types could be implemented, resulting in more fun and better use of niche sets and strategy.
-More publicity, more people streaming and praising the new battlegrounds bringing more players and more life to ESO pvp.
-Less chances of flopping, i don't want battlegrounds to die, more players means more attention from developers, more maps, more fun in general.

What is your opinion on this subject?
Edited by alephthiago on May 23, 2017 3:40PM
Walks-in-Shadowss AD Magblade
*** kitty AD Stamblade
Paarthurnax's Will AD Magicka DK
agnar cracked skull EP Magicka DK (veteran dragonstar arena bot)
Klogi Mugdul AD Stamina DK
Savre Selranni AD Magicka Sorc (being polished)
Avenar Lolhealing AD Magicka Templar (being polished)

Battlegrounds should be open for everyone (Serious talk ZOS)? 146 votes

Keep battlegrounds *Morrowind only*
15%
MitrengaidkRinaldoGandolphistarlizard70ub17_ESOAllu07neb18_ESOGraydondrallarKerinKorLvDPrankWarsDHaleEnemy-of-ColdharbourOompuhRex-UmbraTrashkanNyladreasVipstaakkiitehacheNateS4White wabbitEvilCroc 23 votes
Open to everyone
76%
CNDTraeKalfisSoleyaSolarikenElder_Martinold_mufasaDeadlyRecluseKochDerDamonenbillywink3b14_ESOBigBraggMopeyHatQueoc0rpr.jan_emailb16_ESObunnytrixixieben__1994b16_ESONeillMcAttackbronskiSodanTok 112 votes
Keep battlegrounds *Morrowind only* with a few teaks
5%
IcyDeadPeopleAcrolasgrim_tacticsRouDeRGalenus_of_PergamonkynseonBombashamanGreensea 8 votes
I dont agree with your points, my battleground experience was very different.
2%
KrrachttDarkIntentionKupoking 3 votes
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Open to everyone
    Open for everyone. More people in queques = more fun.

I bought Morrowind just for the BG, i don't do any questing or PvE (besides farming gear), but i wouldn't mind if the open the BG for free for everyone. A matchmaking system like BG only works if you have a lot of ppl in the queque, i want BGs queques pop'ing left and right every 5 seconds, no wait time, and no facing the same players every single match
    Options
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Open to everyone
    While I understand the need to add items to it, to make you feel like you are getting an expansion and not just Orsinium for 40 bucks. Locking out the battlegrounds is a poor plan.
    Edited by vyndral13preub18_ESO on May 23, 2017 3:54PM
    Options
  • Kay1
    Kay1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Open to everyone
    Battlegrounds should be part of the game and they are already No CP so not a lot of people are playing them..

They implemented those too late in my opinion and they should have released them with CP because besides few casuals and some new players there's nothing to see there.
    K1 The Big Monkey
    Options
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree. I bought Morrowind an intend to do BG's - but want the biggest pool of players possible queuing to ensure healthy matchups.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
    Options
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They aren't going to make it free ever. They never made IC free, and they'd rather see their content fade than give it up for nothing and that's fair. If you do work you want to get paid.

However, since they did break it out as a cash transaction, that means at some point it will be eligible to go on sale and at a price you might find more attractive. The liquidity in their BG player base might be a deciding factor as to when that sale begins, so you are welcome to game the game. My guess is you won't see it on sale till after the summer, though the steam summer sale will be hitting fairly soon, it will be too soon for this.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
    Options
  • Queo
    Queo
    ✭✭✭
    Open to everyone
    Wow ... i simply assumed it was for every one. that makes me sad its not.
    Options
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Open to everyone
    As an active pvp'er, I don't even want battlegrounds to be honest, but I don't think it's a good idea to only allow some people to use battlegrounds. Making it available to only some people would eventually just make battlegrounds dead sooner. The PvP community is already relatively small, so allowing only a few people to do it would just make it worse.

Although let's be honest, splitting the already small PvP population between Cyrodiil and battlegrounds is just dumb anyway, one of them is bound to wind up dead sooner or later.
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
    Options
  • Furinol
    Furinol
    ✭✭
    Open to everyone
    Queo wrote: »
    Wow ... i simply assumed it was for every one. that makes me sad its not.

Same here. Naive on my part or terrible on theirs? Not sure which....

Both?
    Options
  • Absalon
    Absalon
    ✭✭✭
    Open to everyone
    Battlegrounds will die, not everyone is interested on Morrowind. This whole "chapter" is a big mess up. There is no excuses to not be called DLC. "Oh, but what about new class? None DLC have offered new class before." Alright then, sell Warden separely on crown store, make Battlegrounds free content as cyrodill and Morrowind content DLC. So simple.
    CP 810 (PC-NA)
    Harnak - Magplar Healer (PVE)
    Gavin - Magsorc DPS (PVE)
    Manthys - Magplar DPS (PVP)
    Adrya - Stamblade DPS (PVP)
    Targesh - Stamplar DPS (PVP)
    Options
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4v4v4 was always going to be a bad idea, and it's only going to get worse as queues thin out.

It should have been 4v4 or 3v3 so full teams could launch more quickly.
    It's, like, basic pickup sports logistics. If you have three teams, one sits out.
    signing off
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once more PvPers have got what they've been clamoring for for ages, and once again now they've got it, they don't like it.

Plus, of course, as it's the additional PvP content that people have been asking for they think they should automatically get it for nothing while new PvE content and a new class should be paid for.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say the choice is to keep BGs Morrowind only or to lock them behind ESO+ for those that don't have Morrowind.

It's just a bad idea to have PvP free. There are some players that only PvP and have zero reason for spending any money on the game after their initial purchase.

So, in the end if Those interested in BGs want further development in PvP then the only choice is to keep them locked behind a paywall.
    Options
  • Kneighbors
    Kneighbors
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think everyone was expecting MUCH more since we have been dying for battlegrounds and before you blame the group bug keep in mind that this should be a fun quick experience for solo players too.

LOL man are you for real? Why would you expect much out of it? Like look at these facts:

1) Group Finder for dungeons is bugged as hell since Homestead. Actually it wasn't ever working perfectly.
    2) Very limited player pool of Morrowind.
    3) Hungry elites waiting for n00bs to rip them apart

All these facts together left little doubt that battlegrounds going to be a wonderful experience. I can paste you my messages from before Morrowinds where I was telling it's going to be a mess.

Sorry for you, but seems you are alittle on naive side.
    Options
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Open to everyone
    But. . . but the beta testers said it was going to be awesome!!

Look at the comments in here: BGs: Dead on Arrival

There were people defending the matchmaking even AFTER i cited ZOS' shoddy track record when it comes to group finders
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

Options
  • klowdy1
    klowdy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Open to everyone
    I'm sure they will open up to everyone after the Morrowind hype dies down. Right now, it's a selling point for the expansion.
    Options
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Open to everyone
    klowdy1 wrote: »
    I'm sure they will open up to everyone after the Morrowind hype dies down. Right now, it's a selling point for the expansion.

I doubt it will ever be free, but I could see it added to the plus membership. Or a BG pass being sold.
    Options
  • MopeyHat
    MopeyHat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Open to everyone
    My biggest is gripe is not being able to do your own matchmaking. When I imagined "battlegrounds", my first thought was being able to set up a match with guildmates. Like dueling on steroids. Nope :/
    Options
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Open to everyone
    Battlefield 1 made this mistake. Latest DLC came out and within weeks you can't find a game to play cause there just isn't enough players on those new maps.

What I've seen of Morrowind so far, it's awesome enough of a zone to not need battlegrounds to help sell it.
    Options
  • alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Open to everyone
    I'd say the choice is to keep BGs Morrowind only or to lock them behind ESO+ for those that don't have Morrowind.

It's just a bad idea to have PvP free. There are some players that only PvP and have zero reason for spending any money on the game after their initial purchase.

So, in the end if Those interested in BGs want further development in PvP then the only choice is to keep them locked behind a paywall.

Having something locked behind a paywall while no one uses it cant warranty further development and investment.
    *** kitty AD Stamblade

Options
  • alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Open to everyone
    Kneighbors wrote: »

LOL man are you for real? Why would you expect much out of it? Like look at these facts:

1) Group Finder for dungeons is bugged as hell since Homestead. Actually it wasn't ever working perfectly.
    2) Very limited player pool of Morrowind.
    3) Hungry elites waiting for n00bs to rip them apart

All these facts together left little doubt that battlegrounds going to be a wonderful experience. I can paste you my messages from before Morrowinds where I was telling it's going to be a mess.

Sorry for you, but seems you are alittle on naive side.

Its not about being naive, when you launch products and have a marketing/sales team its expected you keep in mind all variables to have your product being as successfull as possible.
    Empty battlegrounds being free or paid serve no purpose, if you cant count on it for expansion sales then at least you should make use of it for marketing purposes to add to the overall experience of the game.
    *** kitty AD Stamblade

Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Having something locked behind a paywall while no one uses it cant warranty further development and investment.

@alephthiago

Your probably right and Zos should have written off PvP since it would have been stupid for Zos to give them away for free.
    Options
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd love for battlegrounds to be free for everyone and in fact I'd love for the entire game to become free to play or very cheap (under $10). Whatever it takes to get thousands more people playing, which will make it easier for the matchmaker system to result in fair matches.

However, without tying battlegrounds to Morrowind, less people would buy Morrowind, so it makes sense for these to be connected. We have been asking for new PVP related content in the DLCs for a long time. Finally we got some.

Who knows, maybe in another year or two it will go on sale very cheap or get added to ESO Plus.

Options
  • alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Open to everyone

@alephthiago

Your probably right and Zos should have written off PvP since it would have been stupid for Zos to give them away for free.

Lol you are the one who said "It's just a bad idea to have PvP free".
    Having good acessible pvp just makes the game as a whole more attractive.
    *** kitty AD Stamblade

Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bear in mind that not all who are going to be playing Morrowind at launch are doing so in the first 24 hours of Early Access. For starters, not everyone buying a physical edition could be bothered to scan their receipt and complete the necessary form just to get in a week or two early. Then there are the console players who aren't able to do so. Until everyone who plans on getting Morrowind has it up and running there isn't going to be a full discussion of BGs on this and other forums etc and it won't really take off. It's far too soon to judge these things, not least with all the base game changes which I imagine a lot of PvPers will want to get to grips with before setting foot in BGs or Cyrodiil.
    Options
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pay your money. Businesses don't run on love and kisses.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Open to everyone
    After all the problems we've dealt with in Cyrodiil this should of been a given . Paywall PVP is almost never successful in other MMO games . EA tried that an failed . At least they made them apart of a subscription plan for awhile .
    Options
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Open to everyone
    They should have given BGs to eso+ members to make up for the whole "chapter" not being included in the sub.
    PS4 Pro NA
    Options
  • victorhrpereira
    victorhrpereira
    ✭✭✭
    Open to everyone
    They had to remove the alliance barrier for group dungeons cause we didn't have enough people, now it will happen again with battlegrounds if they don't remove the morrowind barrier too. People are already complaining about the procs and poisons unbalance, it won't be long until it gets empty.
    My girls :

Cecily - Stam. DragonKnight - EP
    Valky Bladesister - Stam. Nightblade - EP
    Serah Sunspade - Stam. Templar - EP
    Cynthia Vukein - Mag. Sorcerer - EP
    Lúmina - Mag. Templar - EP
    Shauna Ivy - Mag. DragonKnight - EP
    Skyla Moon - Stam. Sorcerer- EP
    Jasmine Crystal - Mag. Nightblade - EP
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@alephthiago

Lol you are the one who said "It's just a bad idea to have PvP free".
    Having good acessible pvp just makes the game as a whole more attractive.

@alephthiago

Lol. I will keep it simple for clarity purposes.

Either Zos will place new PvP like BGs behind a paywall or they will not make anything new for PvP because it wouldn't be worth their time.

Which is exactly what I has said.

One idea Zos may want to pursue in a few weeks is permit everyone without access 5, maybe 10 BG matches for a couple weeks to encourage more to purchase the expansion.
    Edited by idk on May 23, 2017 5:38PM
    Options
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Open to everyone
    Having this locked behind a pay wall is pretty messed up.
    Edited by Strider_Roshin on May 23, 2017 5:44PM
    Options