The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crown Store Research Timer Scrolls = P2w?

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Based on ZOS' thinking its all cosmetic or convenience so considering there are so many things for sale only via cash that do create advantage, even if its not PvP related or PvE end game progression, there are clear pay for advantage offerings.

This is one of them....

I can't be bothered any longer with the cash grab focus of this developer.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Nestor wrote: »

Do the crown store ones have a cool down now? On the pts they did not but the ones obtainable in game did.

I was not sure if those would make it to the live game (as the CD would hinder testing)

Still an expensive way to save time. Because even if there is no cool down, someone would have to buy a lot of scrolls:

Ignore the first 3 traits, no real benefit to the scrolls, with no passives invested and not covering the first day:

4th trait 35 scrolls
    5th trait 105 scrolls
    6th trait 245 scrolls
    7th trait 525 Scrolls
    8th Trait 1085 Scrolls
    9th Trait 2025 Scrolls

Total 4020 Scrolls.

Sure, someone might invest in the passives, but that requires leveling crafting to unlock them. So the real amount of scrolls is somewhere in the 2000 to 4000 range to reduce trait research.

How much are these things? 100 Crowns? A Buck? That would be $2000 at a minimum to make crafting take half as long.

Now, if the Scrolls reduced the research time to 0, that would be a different story. Then your looking at $180 to $210 to complete research.

400 cr each for a Blacksmithing, Clothier or Woodworking scroll that reduces research time in the category by 1 day.

I'm wondering if the crown research scrolls can be used with the MW vendor scrolls that do have a cool down.
    Edited by Tholian1 on May 22, 2017 7:08PM
    PS4 Pro NA
  • Roovin
    Roovin
    ✭✭✭
    As someone mentioned earlier, if you think these scrolls are p2w then by extension you HAVE to believe that the horse trainer from the crown store is play to win as well.

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Tholian1 wrote: »

400 cr each for a Blacksmithing, Clothier or Woodworking scroll that reduces research time in the category by 24 hours.

So, $8000 to knock research down to less than a few days?

This is Pay to Prove You Should not be trusted with a Credit Card, not Pay to Win.

Edited by Nestor on May 22, 2017 7:09PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Not pay to win. Just a catch up mechanic.

Crafting has never been alive. Everyone and their grandma has a master crafter guildy. And it's a common courtesy to only ask for mats from other guild members. And the newbies who don't have friends and guilds can just ask in zone chat and some kind soul will craft them any gear they want for free/mats only.

If you want to make crafting your profession and make money from it, it's never going to happen. Research scrolls have nothing to do with it.
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Tholian1 wrote: »

400 cr each for a Blacksmithing, Clothier or Woodworking scroll that reduces research time in the category by 24 hours.

So, $8000 to knock research down to less than a few days?

This is Pay to Prove You Should not be trusted with a Credit Card, not Pay to Win.

Yeah, that was why I said the scrolls were unnecessary and just a cash grab.

If they really wanted new players to catch up with 9 trait crafters, they could have simply lowered the research times.
    Edited by Tholian1 on May 22, 2017 7:20PM
    PS4 Pro NA
  • Vipstaakki
    Vipstaakki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    What are you winning here?
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    tonemd wrote: »
    Judging by how good some 9 trait gear is, I could see this as P2W.

If that 9-trait gear was bound to the crafter (as a "perk" of being a Master Crafter), instead of being able to buy from crafters/get cheap from a guild crafter/etc..... it might start approaching "p2w". Maybe.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes & No

It is called "Pay-2-Progress"
    It is a kind of a p2w but it does not give any significant advantage... it only makes your progress faster (just like ESO + and 10% experience bonus).
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    35% of people never really played a pay to win game.
  • Majic
    Majic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    P2W? No.

P2WLTOP?* Yes.

* P2WLTOP = Pay 2 Wait Less Than Other People. Please make a note of it.
    Epopt Of The Everspinning Logo, Church Of The Eternal Loading Screen
    And verily, verily, spaketh the Lord: "Error <<1>>"
  • theher0not
    theher0not
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    It is boarderline P2W. So I'm gonna vote yes.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Saving time is not winning in the P2W definition of the word, especially not just burning useless calendar ticks.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Another reason max crafters get screwed, another reason to add ZOS to blacklist of never to purchase products from again, another reasons subbers got screwed...

gg ZOS you are killing ESO bit by bit you greedy as hell....and do not even fix your game.

Edited by Troneon on May 22, 2017 7:28PM
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • Absolut_Turkey
    Absolut_Turkey
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Troneon wrote: »
    Another reason max crafters get screwed, another reason to add ZOS to blacklist of never to purchase products from again, another reasons subbers got screwed...

gg ZOS you are killing ESO bit by bit you greedy as hell....and do not even fix your game.

Tiny violin! Has anyone seen my tiny violin?
    Omniel Morningstar - Khajiit - Nightblade
    Veyron Galerion - Altmer - Sorcerer
    Star-Caller - Argonian - Templar
    Aradriel Nightwood - Bosmer - Warden
    Vermillion Alexander - Imperial - Dragonknight
  • manustecta
    manustecta
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    All gaming industry with they best product is going sooner or later to P2W politics.
    Is it time for Elder scroll online 2 ?
    maybe we will have in next update scroll for 2K Crowns fast advancing from level 1-50.
    Edited by manustecta on May 22, 2017 7:45PM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear."
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    How many years has the game been out?

How many master crafters are there?

All this is going to do if you use a scroll a day is half the time basically.

Most people don't even bother researching and just have other players make crafted gear for them, is that p2w?
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Its great to keep scrolls lmlimited to crown store,

I am 9 trait and had spent lot of time in reaearch. I do not want to see players use cheat code AKA scroll to grab 9 traits in shorter time!
  • alexkdd99
    alexkdd99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Can I buy vMA weapons or vMoL BoP items yet? No? Not pay to win.

Your paying to win time, seems about the same thing to me

You wanna unpack that for me? I don't speak Neanderthal.

What do you use to obtain those that you listed in game? Also what did people use to complete that research? How is it not the same?

You can't be serious. How are research scrolls different from vmol and vmsa items?

Let's see here, you can research anything with 0 skill or game experience, however you won't be getting those items with 0 skill and no game experience.

[snip] You don't see the difference between time saving items and end game bop items.

[Edit for Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on May 23, 2017 4:31PM
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

Do the crown store ones have a cool down now? On the pts they did not but the ones obtainable in game did.

I was not sure if those would make it to the live game (as the CD would hinder testing)

Still an expensive way to save time. Because even if there is no cool down, someone would have to buy a lot of scrolls:

Ignore the first 3 traits, no real benefit to the scrolls, with no passives invested and not covering the first day:

4th trait 35 scrolls
    5th trait 105 scrolls
    6th trait 245 scrolls
    7th trait 525 Scrolls
    8th Trait 1085 Scrolls
    9th Trait 2025 Scrolls

Total 4020 Scrolls.

Sure, someone might invest in the passives, but that requires leveling crafting to unlock them. So the real amount of scrolls is somewhere in the 2000 to 4000 range to reduce trait research.

How much are these things? 100 Crowns? A Buck? That would be $2000 at a minimum to make crafting take half as long.

Now, if the Scrolls reduced the research time to 0, that would be a different story. Then your looking at $180 to $210 to complete research.

These things cost 400 Crown EACH!! Yikes!
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • alexkdd99
    alexkdd99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Belidos wrote: »
    So many people don't know what pay to win means nowdays.

So many people stick to archaic definitions of P2W and think in categories "if i cant kill other player with it then its not P2W"

And so many people are to quick to call things p2w that aren't. When people call crap like this p2w it just shows they haven't played p2w games before.

NOTHING in eso is p2w. This is no different than buying bag, bank, and mount upgrades from the crown store.

You will gain 0 combat advantage from this. Gaining a combat advantage over others that can only be bought with $ is what I consider to be p2w. Since nothing like that is in eso, eso is not p2w.

All this is just my opinion, as is the opinion of most who visited this thread it seems.
  • Akimbro
    Akimbro
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    If this was a year ago then sure. We are well past the point where people who have been playing should have maxed out all research. This allows new crafters to catch up without time being much of a factor. Doesn't affect combat or trading anyway.
    ALACRITY Emperors united RIP
    LAST PRODIGIES World first SO clear RIP

The last egg in the carton.
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I can pay someone gold to craft me julianos. p2w?
  • Cocorocho
    Cocorocho
    ✭✭✭
    No
    You can buy them from writ vendor outside mournhold for 3 voucher tickets each
  • Heroeric1337
    Heroeric1337
    ✭✭✭
    No
    P2W is strongly implying that im winning something...
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    no, don't win a dang thing
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    These will be of some benefit for the impatient that just want to focus on researching for the items they are using. Still too pricey for me though. The more I think about it, it is pay to lose. A lot of money.
    PS4 Pro NA
  • Shadow_Viper_vX
    Shadow_Viper_vX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    People really need to stop accusing things of being P2W.....

[snip]

[Edit for Flaming]
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on May 23, 2017 4:33PM
  • c0rp
    c0rp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    P2W? No
    Another way to *** on master crafters? Yes.
    Force weapon swap to have priority over EVERYTHING. Close enough.
    Make stamina builds even with magicka builds.
    Disable abilities while holding block.
    Give us a REASON to do dungeons more than once.
    Remove PVP AoE CAP. It is ruining Cyrodiil.
    Fix/Remove Forward Camps. They are ruining Cyrodiil.
    Impenetrability needs to REDUCE CRIT DAMAGE. Not negate entire builds.
    Werewolf is not equal to Vamps/Bats.
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm disgusted.

There is a line between respecting vet players and making casuals happy.

[snip]

[Edit for Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on May 23, 2017 4:34PM