The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Addressing Blazing Shield changes

• GeneralSezme
    GeneralSezme
    ✭✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »
    @winterbornb14_ESO

Well like you said, you dont PVP so you obviously have no clue about what you are talking about. So let me give you a little clue cause you dont even know how the ability works and cant even do simple maths.

Blazing shield can hit for 5k - 10k+ each player. And its not every 6 seconds. It can be every 2 seconds cause the shield wont last 6 seconds so you basically spam it. So assuming 6 players you are looking at a potential 15k-30k AOE DPS. But thats not even the best part. The best part is that the dmg doesnt hit in intervals. Its burst dmg which makes it even worse. So all the dmg will always hit in the same second and that 15k-30k suddenly becomes 30-60k in that second. And thats on players with 20k-30k hp. Sounds OP to you yet?

Not true most players heal through that damage easily and don't forget AoE caps, you are incredibly lucky if you can hit anyone with a 10k shield, it would have to crit and the person has to have such low resist. The spam heals from BoL and healing springs easily outheals our dps.

And ironically half the people that you face with ur build are clueless people with low CP, low resists and no crit resisistance nightblades that ambush you and try to 1 shot you thinking this is assassins creed. Sure u wont hit good players with 10k+ but u are not fighting those anw. But whatever it doesnt have to be 10k. I said 5-10k. Even if its 6-7k which is the usual is still very high. Thats as much dmg single target spammable DPS abilities do and you are doing it in AOE while also shielding yourself.

AOE caps, BOL and healing spring heals are an issue for absolutely everyone that fights outnumbered. Not just you. The only counters to ur build are to either ignore you or zerg you from range. Thats not skillful gameplay. I know you dont like mindless zergs and i understand that. I dont like them either. But that doesnt make builds like blazing shield and bomblades any better. You cant *** on someone's foot and call it rain.

There is counter play, most the time we aren't blocking so you can easily stun us we have low stamina so we probably can't break CC. Again, we have low stamina and low mobility so if you spam encase and then negate us we instantly die. If you lay a couple destro ults even without a negate we die instantly, and half the people we encounter aren't squishy and low cp most of PvP is a bunch of dps builds with heavy armor high burst and resist.
    Edited by GeneralSezme on May 26, 2017 2:21AM
    Invictus
    Cheese Engine
    HIGH LATËNCY

My bombing videos

Notable toons:
    Pact Corsair- Breton Magblade Former Emperor BWB Prolly Stole your scroll and bombed you
    Lack of Aoe caps: Prolly bombed u
    Neraz Gulio- Stamplar- Former Empress BWB
    Paints-Her-Face - prolly painted your face
    Zealot of the Great Sun- Blazeplar, frmr Emp Vivec

• pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some info on how OP my Blazepar is.

Me: Imperial with 75,510 HP with green max health food, solo.

My gear: Gold (Divines+max health enchant) (5) green pact and (5) plague doctors with (2) endurance (Infused+Absorb mag. Sword).

My skill: My blazing Shield is 37% max health and does 48% absorbed damage back to mobs.

My DPS: 3885 (FTC w/max crit. dam of 8.6k) solo In Craglorn in group area fighting 2 trolls and 4 bad guys just casting BS then 2 Heavy attacks for regen. If you look at the combat log you see that Blazing shield does about the same DPS as my heavy attacks.

Rotation: (2) Heavy attacks gives enough regen to cast (1) Blazing Shield and all you have time for if you want to maintain BS.

So OP it hurts....................... : (

[snip] You are literally writing how the ability works. Your blazing shield is almost a 28k shield. 48% of that is 13-14k dmg. Non crit. With a crit is around 20k. [snip] You dont need an addon to tell you that.

The only way you get less than that is if the shield isnt absorbed which is most likely what happened in ur case. So like i said, you either dont know how the ability works or cant do the math.

[edited for flaming]
    Edited by ZOS_CoriJ on May 27, 2017 1:27AM
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @winterbornb14_ESO

Well like you said, you dont PVP so you obviously have no clue about what you are talking about. So let me give you a little clue cause you dont even know how the ability works and cant even do simple maths.

Blazing shield can hit for 5k - 10k+ each player. And its not every 6 seconds. It can be every 2 seconds cause the shield wont last 6 seconds so you basically spam it. So assuming 6 players you are looking at a potential 15k-30k AOE DPS. But thats not even the best part. The best part is that the dmg doesnt hit in intervals. Its burst dmg which makes it even worse. So all the dmg will always hit in the same second and that 15k-30k suddenly becomes 30-60k in that second. And thats on players with 20k-30k hp. Sounds OP to you yet?

Not true most players heal through that damage easily and don't forget AoE caps, you are incredibly lucky if you can hit anyone with a 10k shield, it would have to crit and the person has to have such low resist. The spam heals from BoL and healing springs easily outheals our dps.

And ironically half the people that you face with ur build are clueless people with low CP, low resists and no crit resisistance nightblades that ambush you and try to 1 shot you thinking this is assassins creed. Sure u wont hit good players with 10k+ but u are not fighting those anw. But whatever it doesnt have to be 10k. I said 5-10k. Even if its 6-7k which is the usual is still very high. Thats as much dmg single target spammable DPS abilities do and you are doing it in AOE while also shielding yourself.

AOE caps, BOL and healing spring heals are an issue for absolutely everyone that fights outnumbered. Not just you. The only counters to ur build are to either ignore you or zerg you from range. Thats not skillful gameplay. I know you dont like mindless zergs and i understand that. I dont like them either. But that doesnt make builds like blazing shield and bomblades any better. You cant *** on someone's foot and call it rain.

There is counter play, most the time we aren't blocking so you can easily stun us we have low stamina so we probably can't break CC. Again, we have low stamina and low mobility so if you spam encase and then negate us we instantly die. If you lay a couple destro ults even without a negate we die instantly, and half the people we encounter aren't squishy and low cp most of PvP is a bunch of dps builds with heavy armor high burst and resist.

You just literally explained how stupid the counter to ur build is. To zerg you down. Which again is not even a counter specific to ur build. Everyone die when they get zerged. Feel free to explain me what counters good players can use when they go up 1v1 against such a build or when they are outnumbered and they are fighting builds like that. Thats right, there is nothing which is why they ignore those builds. In short, you are playing a build that cant be bursted down, has a lot of healing if you know how to play and kills you when it takes dmg.
    Edited by pieratsos on May 26, 2017 10:06AM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @winterbornb14_ESO

You just literally explained how stupid the counter to ur build is. To zerg you down. Which again is not even a counter specific to ur build. Everyone die when they get zerged. Feel free to explain me what counters good players can use when they go up 1v1 against such a build or when they are outnumbered and they are fighting builds like that. Thats right, there is nothing which is why they ignore those builds. In short, you are playing a build that cant be bursted down, has a lot of healing if you know how to play and kills you when it takes dmg.

Did you miss the other part of how to counter these kind of builds or did you just simply ignore it to boost your point??
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Did you miss the other part of how to counter these kind of builds or did you just simply ignore it to boost your point??
    Did you miss the part that all of the counters that were mentioned happen only when u are outnumbered or do you just simply post random crap cause you dont know what else to say?

The two destro ults and negate? Are you *** kidding me ? Yeah because you know only healthplars cant survive that. Every other build in the game can survive that with ease.
    Running out of stamina when u are getting zerged. Cause thats only when you should run out of stamina. In a 1v1 there is a higher chance of ur opponent running out of stamina just for bashing ur vamp drain. Cause even if you miss that bash once, its basically back from the beginning.
    Root abuse? Again, happens when you are outnumbered.

Good players ignore healthplars. That fact alone should tell you enough about the counters.

[edited to remove profanity masking]
    Edited by ZOS_CoriJ on May 27, 2017 1:30AM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you miss the part that all of the counters that were mentioned happen only when u are outnumbered or do you just simply post random crap cause you dont know what else to say?

The two destro ults and negate? Are you **** kidding me ? Yeah because you know only healthplars cant survive that. Every other build in the game can survive that with ease.
    Running out of stamina when u are getting zerged. Cause thats only when you should run out of stamina. In a 1v1 there is a higher chance of ur opponent running out of stamina just for bashing ur vamp drain. Cause even if you miss that bash once, its basically back from the beginning.

Good players ignore healthplars. That fact alone should tell you enough about the counters.
    Once again you ignore the best counters and focus on negate and destroults......But you´re right that almost anyone will die to 2 destroults and a negate.

Blazeplars/healthplar are pure *** in a 1v1 situation (try one yourself and you´ll see). The healthplars excells best in a small group, solo they´re as I said: ***. Those 1vX videos you see with Healtplars are cherrypicked videos/clips to make the video entertaining for the viewer, we can only speculate how many times the rest of the "1vX situations" turned out.....(most 1vX is not in the favour for the outnumbered one)

A "good player" (whatever that´s supposed to mean) will kill a Blazeplar just by using roots/snares every 6 seconds. Also poisons are a good tool to counter healthplars since almost all skills they use cost a big % of their resourcepool.

You don´t need a zerg to root someone or drain someone stamina, that´s just pure BS. Unless some skills or itemsets are bugged or not working as intended, all builds have counters, some more obvious than others. And as far as I know the sets used by most Healthplar builds (plague doctor, green pact, orgnums scale, lich, malubeth to name a few) are not bugged, but if you have any numbers/facts that I don´t please feel free to share them.

Not being able to kill a certain build is 200% L2P issue. Learned that the hard way playing magicka DK in PvP. But the more I played the better I became to counter builds that I earlier had huge problems to kill (including healthplars).......wonder what the reason behind that was......?
    Edited by ZOS_CoriJ on May 27, 2017 1:32AM
  • JWillCHS
    JWillCHS
    ✭✭✭
    Blazing Shield shouldn't be a high DPS ability but it should help you control the flow of battle in small scale PvP as a tank.

Trust me. I've been playing a Blazing Shield Altmer with 2K+ magicka regen(Willow's Path) in No CP battlegrounds and the No CP campaign with friends at around 40K to 45K health(Plague Doctor). It's still fun. Malubeth and Pirate's Skeleton will make you more tanky. Infernal Guardian will gives your group some extra DPS. Skoria with your DoTs procs often.

But the one ability better than Blazing Shield for your built is Guard! USE IT!
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JWillCHS wrote: »
    Blazing Shield shouldn't be a high DPS ability but it should help you control the flow of battle in small scale PvP as a tank.

Trust me. I've been playing a Blazing Shield Altmer with 2K+ magicka regen(Willow's Path) in No CP battlegrounds and the No CP campaign with friends at around 40K to 45K health(Plague Doctor). It's still fun. Malubeth and Pirate's Skeleton will make you more tanky. Infernal Guardian will gives your group some extra DPS. Skoria with your DoTs procs often.

Blazing Shield isn´t a high dps (damage per second) skill. It´s a burst skill. Nothing personal but I saying something "shouldn´t work" this way without further explanaiton isn´t a very substantionall argument. In eso there´s is no "pure tank" or "pure dps" roll so there aren´t any way things "should work" just because it works a certain way in other MMO´s. The fact that you can do both is why so many people like the game.
  • JWillCHS
    JWillCHS
    ✭✭✭

Blazing Shield isn´t a high dps (damage per second) skill. It´s a burst skill. Nothing personal but I saying something "shouldn´t work" this way without further explanaiton isn´t a very substantionall argument. In eso there´s is no "pure tank" or "pure dps" roll so there aren´t any way things "should work" just because it works a certain way in other MMO´s. The fact that you can do both is why so many people like the game.

I understand and retract my statement. You're right. ESO has always been light on the holy-trinity to give more flexability. I guess having a sorcerer in 5 piece heavy armor, using stamina abilities, and dual welding is a perfect example.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I understand and retract my statement. You're right. ESO has always been light on the holy-trinity to give more flexability. I guess having a sorcerer in 5 piece heavy armor, using stamina abilities, and dual welding is a perfect example.

There´s Always stamina sorcerer :D
  • Kay1
    Kay1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, so now Blazing Shield is an anti zerg playstyle and hard to use.

You realize only zergs runs Blazing Shield? A decent player will never spam one button in middle of 50 people and expect to kill them.

No skill build got nerfed, whao, what a shame.
    K1 The Big Monkey
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @winterbornb14_ESO

The two destro ults and negate? Are you f*cking kidding me ? Do you even listen to urself? Yeah because you know only healthplars cant survive that. Every other build in the game can survive that with ease.

Once again you ignore the best counters and focus on negate and destroults......But you´re right that almost anyone will die to 2 destroults and a negate.

Blazeplars/healthplar are pure *** in a 1v1 situation (try one yourself and you´ll see). The healthplars excells best in a small group, solo they´re as I said: ***. Those 1vX videos you see with Healtplars are cherrypicked videos/clips to make the video entertaining for the viewer, we can only speculate how many times the rest of the "1vX situations" turned out.....(most 1vX is not in the favour for the outnumbered one)

A "good player" (whatever that´s supposed to mean) will kill a Blazeplar just by using roots/snares every 6 seconds. Also poisons are a good tool to counter healthplars since almost all skills they use cost a big % of their resourcepool.

You don´t need a zerg to root someone or drain someone stamina, that´s just pure BS. Unless some skills or itemsets are bugged or not working as intended, all builds have counters, some more obvious than others. And as far as I know the sets used by most Healthplar builds (plague doctor, green pact, orgnums scale, lich, malubeth to name a few) are not bugged, but if you have any numbers/facts that I don´t please feel free to share them.

Not being able to kill a certain build is 200% L2P issue. Learned that the hard way playing magicka DK in PvP. But the more I played the better I became to counter builds that I earlier had huge problems to kill (including healthplars).......wonder what the reason behind that was......?

I absolutely know that a blazing shield is useless in 1v1. I literally said that. That doesnt make it easy to kill. You have to abuse every broken mechanic in the game to do that like poisons, roots and sh*t like that to take one down and thats because sh*t like that have no counter as well and its why PVP has been so toxic.

Skillful gameplay is about playing smart and using ur brain (like meteor when it was reflectable and it promoted smart gameplay ) to take someone down and not abusing crap with no counters like poisons and roots. All the things u mentioned (poisons, roots etc) are available counters for every build. That includes the so called unkillable tanks which ironically the OP used to prove that his build is fine. You cant have it both ways. Its either a counter to everyone or its not. So yeah in that regard, every build has a counter. The issue with those counters tho is that it has nothing to do with skill.

Regardless of all that. This nerf all it did was tone down the dmg cause it was way too high and you cant argue that. Someone that plays a blazing shield admitted that in this thread and its literally the only reason why this build exists in the first place. If the dmg wasnt that high then there would be no reason to run such a build cause it would be useless. So the slight nerf to the dmg is very well justified and like i said thats really not something you can argue.
    Edited by pieratsos on May 26, 2017 2:04PM
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @pieratsos Really? So its ok if a high dmg burst skill is blockable upon cast, but a medium dmg burst skill needs to be turned down in damage when you have seconds time to just take a step backwards to avoid damage?

Please explain.
  • JWillCHS
    JWillCHS
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't tried the CP campaign because I prefer no-CP PvP. But the blazing shield templar is effective in no-CP PvP especially in group play. Having no champion points makes it hard for everyone but the sustain nerf increases the difficulty even more. I don't know how many times I've been attacked by a player while I have blazing shield up who wastes their resources attacking me or switches to an ally that I have guard on who's also receiving my heals. I drop a shard to restore my ally's resources and they take them down. Makes those 2v4 encounters pretty fun. ;)
    Edited by JWillCHS on May 26, 2017 2:44PM
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elsterchen wrote: »
    @pieratsos Really? So its ok if a high dmg burst skill is blockable upon cast, but a medium dmg burst skill needs to be turned down in damage when you have seconds time to just take a step backwards to avoid damage?

Please explain.

If you consider blazing shield a medium dmg burst skill then obviously u havent seen what its capable of. Go back a few comments. There is someone playing a blazing shield and says that he gets 14k crits. And thats AOE. And when u are outnumbered thats every second not every 6 seconds. If thats ur idea of medium burst then im afraid to ask what you consider as high. And btw that "medium burst skill" isnt actually a burst skill. Its called blazing shield. Its a shield. The dmg it does is a secondary effect and the fact that the secondary effect can be compared with actual burst dmg abilities says a lot about the skill.

So the question you should be asking is, is it ok for a shield to do as much dmg as actual dmg abilities?
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please explain.

If you consider blazing shield a medium dmg burst skill then obviously u havent seen what its capable of. Go back a few comments. There is someone playing a blazing shield and says that he gets 14k crits. And thats AOE. And when u are outnumbered thats every second not every 6 seconds. If thats ur idea of medium burst then im afraid to ask what you consider as high. And btw that "medium burst skill" isnt actually a burst skill. Its called blazing shield. Its a shield. The dmg it does is a secondary effect and the fact that the secondary effect can be compared with actual burst dmg abilities says a lot about the skill.

So the question you should be asking is, is it ok for a shield to do as much dmg as actual dmg abilities?

He gets 14k crits before resistance kicks in... so yeah, we are not talking about a high dmg ability. Adding to it, its situational (the dmg needs to be build up- if you do not hit a blazingplar NO dmg is build up) it takes 6 s before dmg is dealt, this dmg hits only if the caster isn't stunned at that moment, disorientedly send around a bit and you missed to take a step back to avoid damage ... and yeah the only reliable thing about it is a shield worth 30% max health.

To spell it out for everyone: blazing shield only deals 50% dmg back to the attacker, its easy avoidable dmg and for the caster its not reliable at all.

• pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Please explain.

He gets 14k crits before resistance kicks in... so yeah, we are not talking about a high dmg ability. Adding to it, its situational (the dmg needs to be build up- if you do not hit a blazingplar NO dmg is build up) it takes 6 s before dmg is dealt, this dmg hits only if the caster isn't stunned at that moment, disorientedly send around a bit and you missed to take a step back to avoid damage ... and yeah the only reliable thing about it is a shield worth 30% max health.

To spell it out for everyone: blazing shield only deals 50% dmg back to the attacker, its easy avoidable dmg and for the caster its not reliable at all.

You are arguing facts here. I really dont know what to say to you. He is hitting people for 14k. Period. When you hit someone and you see the number then thats the dmg you do. The resistances and all that crap are applied before that (on the tooltip) not the number you see on ur screen. And it doesnt take 6s. This shows that you dont know how the ability works. When you are outnumbered the shield is absorbed every 1-2 seconds. That means 10k+ hits every 1-2 seconds. And thats AOE. Thats more dmg than actual dmg abilities. And you get that from an ability that is also a big shield.

But you know what the funny thing is? Even if that 14k was before resistances which is not and you hit people with maxed out resistances that means 7k hits. 7k AOE every 1-2 seconds against people with maxed resistances from an ability that also gives you a shield. Do you even realise how stupid that sounds?
    Edited by pieratsos on May 26, 2017 11:54PM
  • GeneralSezme
    GeneralSezme
    ✭✭✭✭

Please explain.

You are arguing facts here. I really dont know what to say to you. He is hitting people for 14k. Period. When you hit someone and you see the number then thats the dmg you do. The resistances and all that crap are applied before that (on the tooltip) not the number you see on ur screen. And it doesnt take 6s. This shows that you dont know how the ability works. When you are outnumbered the shield is absorbed every 1-2 seconds. That means 10k+ hits every 1-2 seconds. And thats AOE. Thats more dmg than actual dmg abilities. And you get that from an ability that is also a big shield.

But you know what the funny thing is? Even if that 14k was before resistances which is not and you hit people with maxed out resistances that means 7k hits. 7k AOE every 1-2 seconds against people with maxed resistances from an ability that also gives you a shield. Do you even realise how stupid that sounds?

All damage you can out-heal, and avoid easily and again that amount of damage is not being done to most targets in Cyrodiil.
    Invictus
    Cheese Engine
    HIGH LATËNCY

My bombing videos

Notable toons:
    Pact Corsair- Breton Magblade Former Emperor BWB Prolly Stole your scroll and bombed you

• raknorok
    raknorok
    ✭✭✭
    I bet a few people in this thread have been here
    niSL5Fg.jpg
    the Rambunctious
  • winterbornb14_ESO
    winterbornb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

My gear: Gold (Divines+max health enchant) (5) green pact and (5) plague doctors with (2) endurance (Infused+Absorb mag. Sword).

My skill: My blazing Shield is 37% max health and does 48% absorbed damage back to mobs.

My DPS: 3885 (FTC w/max crit. dam of 8.6k) solo In Craglorn in group area fighting 2 trolls and 4 bad guys just casting BS then 2 Heavy attacks for regen. If you look at the combat log you see that Blazing shield does about the same DPS as my heavy attacks.

Rotation: (2) Heavy attacks gives enough regen to cast (1) Blazing Shield and all you have time for if you want to maintain BS.

You seriously cant be that dumb. You are literally writing how the ability works. Just do the maths genius. Your blazing shield is almost a 28k shield. 48% of that is 13-14k dmg. Non crit. With a crit is around 20k. Thats maths you should have learned when you were 10 years old and you dont need an addon to tell you that.
    The only way you get less than that is if the shield isnt absorbed which is most likely what happened in ur case. So like i said, you either dont know how the ability works or cant do simple maths.

You obviously don't play a Blazpar/Health tank by your inability to accept what FTC shows regardless of what you think the math should be. You can insult people and inflame or troll this thread all you want but when you measure it with FTC you will "See" (no calculator needed) how little damage it does.

When you grow up you will learn that measured is more accurate than calculated but keep on with your math and what someone said we will continue to trust FTC's parse.

• pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Please explain.

All damage you can out-heal, and avoid easily and again that amount of damage is not being done to most targets in Cyrodiil.

Seriously man. Why do you keep repeating the same things over and over again? If i had a skill that is doing 15k dmg AOE in 20 meter radius and jump in the middle of the zerg with 10 templars of course they will outheal the dmg. That doesnt mean that my dmg skill isnt good. Like is this so hard to understand?
    I know ur dmg can be outhealed by zergs. But that has nothing to do with ur skill being weak. Blazing shield can do 10k+ dmg in AOE every second. And that is the secondary effect of the skill. No other ability in the game does that much dmg. Even destro ult cant do that much dmg. Wtf do you want. Your blazing shield to do 30k dmg in AOE so no one can outheal ur dmg. I mean if this is what you want just change the title and make it "i dont like zergs so buff blazing shield to one shot everyone".
    Edited by pieratsos on May 27, 2017 12:29PM
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You seriously cant be that dumb. You are literally writing how the ability works. Just do the maths genius. Your blazing shield is almost a 28k shield. 48% of that is 13-14k dmg. Non crit. With a crit is around 20k. Thats maths you should have learned when you were 10 years old and you dont need an addon to tell you that.
    The only way you get less than that is if the shield isnt absorbed which is most likely what happened in ur case. So like i said, you either dont know how the ability works or cant do simple maths.

You obviously don't play a Blazpar/Health tank by your inability to accept what FTC shows regardless of what you think the math should be. You can insult people and inflame or troll this thread all you want but when you measure it with FTC you will "See" (no calculator needed) how little damage it does.

When you grow up you will learn that measured is more accurate than calculated but keep on with your math and what someone said we will continue to trust FTC's parse.

I may not be playing a blazing shield tank but i know how the game works. You dont PVP, u have no idea how the ability works and yet you are pretending to be an expert on it. I told you the reason FTC shows you low numbers is because the shield wasnt absorbed. To get the max amount of dmg, your shield has to be absorbed. In PVE you have no battle spirit. That means your shield is 20k+. 6 random mobs will not do that much dmg in 6 seconds. If you want to actually see how much dmg it does you are gonna have to aggro a lot more than 6 mobs. I dont need FTC to tell me how much is 30% of 70k and divide that by 2. I learnt that 20 years ago. But when you grow up and get through third grade we can talk again.

And just so you realise how stupid ur claim is read that.

Baconlad wrote: »
    With 80k health, im getting 14k+ crits. Not 10...
    What build in game can pump out those numbers AoE sustained?

So yeah i dont need to play a blazing shield build. Other people that play the build already said what it can do. Like i said. Keep embarrassing urself. No issues with me.
  • GeneralSezme
    GeneralSezme
    ✭✭✭✭

Please explain.

Seriously man. Why do you keep repeating the same things over and over again? If i had a skill that is doing 15k dmg AOE in 20 meter radius and jump in the middle of the zerg with 10 templars of course they will outheal the dmg. That doesnt mean that my dmg skill isnt good. Like is this so hard to understand?
    I know ur dmg can be outhealed by zergs. But that has nothing to do with ur skill being weak. Blazing shield can do 10k+ dmg in AOE every second. And that is the secondary effect of the skill. No other ability in the game does that much dmg. Even destro ult cant do that much dmg. Wtf do you want. Your blazing shield to do 30k dmg in AOE so no one can outheal ur dmg. I mean if this is what you want just change the title and make it "i dont like zergs so buff blazing shield to one shot everyone".

You are repeating the same nonsense over and over again, you are acting like we kill every zergling in sight, if Blazing shields were massacring hordes of zerglings everyone would be playing them, but that was not the case then and its much less now, it is way harder to get a single kill on it than running a squishy NB or sorc glass cannon, you know why I play it? Because it's fun, not because it's OP it's be cause me and a couple friends get together try to synergize with each other, run unusual sets and abilities to make the hardest playstyle in the game to work and those few moments far and between each other are more gratifying than getting any amount of kills on a different build. I've never hit a blazing shield the high, and destro ults do way more damage per second and AoE then Blazing shield that is preposterous, you forget AoE caps again and most blazing shield builds would be lucky to get an 11k crit.
    Invictus
    Cheese Engine
    HIGH LATËNCY

My bombing videos

Notable toons:

• winterbornb14_ESO
    winterbornb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Using the same character I posted previously I went solo into Skyreach catacombs (group dungeon) to pull more than 6 or so mobs at once to see how OP my DPS is. I cast Blazing Shield then Heavy attacked with my Resto staff for regen. That is all you have time for with this much damage coming at you and you have to recast Blazing shield just before it ends otherwise you die.

I pulled the first two rooms to the right until the Cursed Orator and I pulled 3044.73 DPS.
    Then I pulled until I got to the Bone Colossus and almost died many times but I pulled a 8906.68 DPS.

Anymore incoming damage and I die because you simply can not regen enough to keep BS up.

Again you can argue with FTC all you want and talk crap to other posters but until you play a PvE Health/BS tank and "See" for yourself, your opinions are incorrect.

This DPS Nerf on top of all the other Templar Nerfs have almost destroyed the class for the majority of players.

• BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Using the same character I posted previously I went solo into Skyreach catacombs (group dungeon) to pull more than 6 or so mobs at once to see how OP my DPS is. I cast Blazing Shield then Heavy attacked with my Resto staff for regen. That is all you have time for with this much damage coming at you and you have to recast Blazing shield just before it ends otherwise you die.

I pulled the first two rooms to the right until the Cursed Orator and I pulled 3044.73 DPS.
    Then I pulled until I got to the Bone Colossus and almost died many times but I pulled a 8906.68 DPS.

Anymore incoming damage and I die because you simply can not regen enough to keep BS up.

Again you can argue with FTC all you want and talk crap to other posters but until you play a PvE Health/BS tank and "See" for yourself, your opinions are incorrect.

This DPS Nerf on top of all the other Templar Nerfs have almost destroyed the class for the majority of players.

You go into a group dungeon and die and are annoyed that you die?
    Additionally blazing shield deals damage once every 3-6 sec meaning you need 60-120k dmg from each hit to have a 20k dps, that would be completely broken + no one uses 1 skill alone to reach good dps parses.

Accept that you play a damn tank build and that your dps should have increased with the last patch if you fail to do this check your cp and readjust them or just continue to cry on the forums about a build that is still useable. My meele magnb would like to have a talk with you
  • alexkdd99
    alexkdd99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paraflex wrote: »
    The shield was a bit to strong in certain situations. Good nerf ! Sorry you have to build another troll type of build.

Not a Troll build its a build that punishes zergs, something zos should be encouraging
    "Templar
    Aedric Spear
    Blazing Shield (Sun Shield morph): Reduced the amount of damage done by this morph to 33/36/39/42% of the damage absorbed by the shield, down from 50/51/52/53%.
    Developer Comments:
    Spoilerhide
    Blazing Shield builds have proven to be extremely effective due to being able to stack Health to improve both their survivability and damage done. We’ve reduced the effectiveness of this ability so that there is more of an opportunity cost to having so much Health.
    "

This is seriously the biggest problem they see in the game? It is already the hardest style to play to get any kills or AP on. The only anti-zerg skill in the game that can only kill anybody if there is no healers around. Having a lot of health does not mean you are a tank, there are a lot of unkillable tanks running around with less health, but there is no outrage there because just about everyone benefits from that, but the 1% of people who benefit from Blazing Shield builds are being made even harder to play because the 99% of zerglings on the forums complain about it.

Just about every decent players understanding of blazing shield is that it is an anti-zerg skill and people that are attacking them in large numbers should die in theory. In reality the more people on us the less damage we do because Breath of Life and Healing springs is ridiculously good even with the patch it will still be good.

If zos at least gave people attacking a blazing shield major defile or something I would be happy with that because we do zero damage with the presence of a mindless zerg healer

I also wish ZOS treated this forum like Blizzard forums, as in ignoring people who are whining and listening to those who actually have realistic changes or viewpoints of the game, people like me or Fengrush or Sypher are shunned by Zos for having their viewpoints while people crying here are winning, because if Blizzard did that to Starcraft or World of Warcraft the game would be broken because irrational people come up with irrational changes.

Yup, ZOS shunned them... right into their head quarters.

Nice strawman

How is it a strawman. Your argument is that Fengrush and Sypher are being shunned and not being listened to by ZOS. ZOS lead developers and management spent multiple days listening to and working with these guys. The solutions ZOS came up with may not be exactly with Fengrush was envisioning, but a lot of the changes and nerfs address issues that he's been complaining about for a long time(I don't think he can stream for more than 2 hours without complaining about breath of life.)

Wrobel posts on the forums what 3-5 times a year and almost never responds directly to anything anyone says, but he spent multiple days listening to those guys and responding directly to them. So yeh, compared to the rest of us, they are getting listened to much more.

Note: I don't have an issue with ZOS inviting certain community members to their headquarters. I am just pointing out that it is BS to say that they aren't being listened to just because ZOS isn't doing everything they want exactly how they want.

It's a strawman because that's not what this thread is about, big community figures didn't have any problem with Blazing shield anyway it was the zerglings who frequent the forum who got this changed.

Lol why should they be encouraging a counter to zergs when the game was designed and advertised with zergs in mind.

And how are those people not being listened to not what is being talked about? Why was it mentioned in the original post if it is not being talked about.

Zos advertised big battles. Also you have no way of knowing why zos made this change or who if anyone got them to make this change. Are you a developer for zos? If not, then why are you acting like you are.

I wouldn't call an invitation to head quartets as being shunned. Also zos is in business to please the majority, not the minority. Why wouldn't they pick the side that the majority would be happiest with.
  • winterbornb14_ESO
    winterbornb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

[/quote] You go into a group dungeon and die and are annoyed that you die?
    Additionally blazing shield deals damage once every 3-6 sec meaning you need 60-120k dmg from each hit to have a 20k dps, that would be completely broken + no one uses 1 skill alone to reach good dps parses.

Accept that you play a damn tank build and that your dps should have increased with the last patch if you fail to do this check your cp and readjust them or just continue to cry on the forums about a build that is still useable. My meele magnb would like to have a talk with you[/quote]

Nope not annoyed I don't expect to clear group dungeons solo, I went there only to find as many mobs with as much incoming damage as I could solo. I reset all my CP but my DPS is still lower and I accept that I play a Tank but loosing DPS hurts when you solo or Duo.

I just took my StamSorc into Skyreach and with only purple gear I can clear one room at a time pulling 29k easy just using ONE damage skill (crit surge and whirling blades).

So spamming just one skill can triple Blazing Shields DPS, meaning that the Nerf was not needed.

Edited by winterbornb14_ESO on May 28, 2017 11:30PM
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Please explain.

You are repeating the same nonsense over and over again, you are acting like we kill every zergling in sight, if Blazing shields were massacring hordes of zerglings everyone would be playing them, but that was not the case then and its much less now, it is way harder to get a single kill on it than running a squishy NB or sorc glass cannon, you know why I play it? Because it's fun, not because it's OP it's be cause me and a couple friends get together try to synergize with each other, run unusual sets and abilities to make the hardest playstyle in the game to work and those few moments far and between each other are more gratifying than getting any amount of kills on a different build. I've never hit a blazing shield the high, and destro ults do way more damage per second and AoE then Blazing shield that is preposterous, you forget AoE caps again and most blazing shield builds would be lucky to get an 11k crit.

[snip] If my high resistances are mitigating ur dmg by 30% then they are also mitigating everyone else's dmg by 30% as well. Not just you. But in the end you still hit harder than the rest.

You hit people regularly for 7-8k and ur crits on low resist targets can go up 14k according to someone who plays a blazing shield build. No other build can sustain that much dmg in AOE. Period. The fact that zergs can outheal ur dmg it doesnt mean that u are not hitting hard enough.
    Oh, and btw, feel free to post destro ult 10k ticks. And when you do just remember that its still an expensive ult that only does dmg and its not a spammable ability that also gives you a shield.

And stop comparing apples with oranges. Normal builds can get easier kills because they are not jumping in the middle of 20 people beating the crap out of them. Get on a normal build and try to jump into a zerg. See how many easy kills you will get. Or better yet, take ur blazing shield build and go 1v2 1v3 potatoes with light attacks as their spammable and tell me how fast you die.
    10% nerf means instead of 10k ull do 9k dmg. Its not going to kill ur build, and if it does then the problem is with you not with the build.

Blazing shield builds exist only because of that ability. Even the build got its name from the ability. Without that ability the build would be literally trash. And you are trying to convince people that it doesnt hit hard. Yeah nice try. Maybe we can ask magblades to tell us how hard their sap essesnce hit. Im sure it hits harder than blazing shield.

[Edit for Flaming]
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on May 29, 2017 8:19PM
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So its not 1k DPS as you said it is. [snip] And you cant simulate a PVP scenario by doing PVE grinding. This is obvious for anyone who has done PVP even for 10 minutes. The only reason i told you to do that is just so you can see how hard it actually hit. Not to get a feeling of how the build plays.
    [snip]

And sustain is a whole different conversation. There are a lot of ways to sustain in PVP but you dont PVP so no point starting this argument now.

[Edit for Flaming]
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on May 29, 2017 8:21PM
  • winterbornb14_ESO
    winterbornb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I think we all can conclude that Pieratos is just trolling and arguing due to some anger and educational issues he has.

Go back and read please.

Point is again, it was a undeserved sneaky Nerf to a already heavily Nerfed class that effects the larger PvE player base due to a niche situation in PvP.