The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Skill Respecs for Update 14 - 5/22

• Xylphan
    Xylphan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yarlenzey wrote: »
    pfft.

I just spent eight weeks and several hours, over about five separate configuration exercises on three characters (EACH); to get them exactly how I wanted them, after testing each one.

I dont read these forums until Mondays at 6PM when my online game has been rudely pulled out from under me for 'maintenance/borking' activity.

I have resolved this problem by uninstalling my game.

[/b]

And yet you remained completely ignorant that a major game update was coming? A major game update that you somehow thought wouldn't have any impact on your precious builds? In spite of many posts, pre-game releases, PTS, etc. that stated in no unspecific terms that there were major changes coming?

You have absolutely no one to blame but yourself. They announced months ago that things were going to change. In fact, you have to pretty naive to think a major game update wouldn't affect your characters in some fashion.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weird bu I feel like im naked when playing this update.

• Lirkin
    Lirkin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was talking about the attributes respec cost. I don't think that if a company makes major changes that we should have to pay anything to reconfigure my characters to adjust to it. None of the other games I have played made me pay to adjust my characters they gave free respecs.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lirkin wrote: »
    I was talking about the attributes respec cost. I don't think that if a company makes major changes that we should have to pay anything to reconfigure my characters to adjust to it. None of the other games I have played made me pay to adjust my characters they gave free respecs.

Agree it is weird and should be free
  • Zwn
    Zwn
    ✭✭
    Maybe its a complete dumb question but how can i reset same cp for one gold? if i want to set a point to another star i have to pay 3k gold.

okay stupid question. only the skill points can resetet for one gold :disappointed:
    Edited by Zwn on May 25, 2017 8:58AM
  • xbobx
    xbobx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why are you guys thanking them?

if they do major changes you should be able to log in and have full free respec available, anything else is not a smart move on their part.

• WalksonGraves
    WalksonGraves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Brunoad
    Brunoad
    ✭✭✭
    So do we have an estimate when this is over?
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brunoad wrote: »

My guess? This Tuesday with the first incremental patch.
    PC-EU
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khenarthi wrote: »

Yes so i should respec my templar, two skills i want to change.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Durnik
    Durnik
    ✭✭✭
    We want to give everyone a heads up that once Update 14 goes live on Monday, 5/22, all Champion Points will be automatically reset when you first log in. You will also have the option to respec your skill points at a reduced price of one gold per skill point spent, rather than the usual 50 gold per skill point, which will be available until the first incremental patch. Be sure and take screenshots or make notes of your current builds over the weekend as needed!

Perhaps next time when they reset the "Champion Points" the message it displays should read "Champion Points" rather than "Skill Points" like it did this time. I did have a backup screenshots of my CP's. The wording bothered me.
    Points_Reset.png
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

Correct - as mentioned in the Update 14 patch notes, the respec cost will go back to normal with patch 3.0.6 (tomorrow).
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Correct - as mentioned in the Update 14 patch notes, the respec cost will go back to normal with patch 3.0.6 (tomorrow).

what happens when those peeps who did not have early access start Morrowind on 6th June? Will we get low cost respec back again?
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

what happens when those peeps who did not have early access start Morrowind on 6th June? Will we get low cost respec back again?

Base game changes happened for everyone so your skills and CP were already changed when Early Access happened
    Edited by LMar on May 30, 2017 10:27AM
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • Zapix
    Zapix
    LMar wrote: »
    Base game changes happened for everyone so your skills and CP were already changed when Early Access happened

Actually, only CP was reset, not the skills, which was the point of the reduced cost. I for one wasn't expecting the cost to go back up until AFTER the official release date, not during "early access." Pretty weak that it didn't last until this time next week, giving people not in early access a chance. Should forcefully reset them on the 6th, but I doubt they will.
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zapix wrote: »

Actually, only CP was reset, not the skills, which was the point of the reduced cost. I for one wasn't expecting the cost to go back up until AFTER the official release date, not during "early access." Pretty weak that it didn't last until this time next week, giving people not in early access a chance. Should forcefully reset them on the 6th, but I doubt they will.

The patch was for all, has nothing to do with early access. They did say it was only going to last until the next patch which was a day later due to the holiday (?).
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rouven wrote: »

The patch was for all, has nothing to do with early access. They did say it was only going to last until the next patch which was a day later (edit: than normal, tuesday) due to the holiday (?).

Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The patch was for all, has nothing to do with early access. They did say it was only going to last until the next patch which was a day later due to the holiday (?).

Agreed. The balance changes were independent of Morrowind and everyone on PC got the Update 14 on 5/22. So, people without early access were not penalized in any way.
  • Zapix
    Zapix
    The patch was for all, has nothing to do with early access.

Er, yeah, that's a fair point XD
    Though I was mostly pointing out that skills were not reset, only CP was.
    Honestly, I wasn't expecting that update to hit until at least a day or two after the official release date. It's not game breaking though, nor am I upset or anything. A few hours and I can farm up the 13k I need to reset my skills, but I'm in no rush (less so now)
    Edited by Zapix on June 3, 2017 6:33AM