The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Skill Respecs for Update 14 - 5/22

• Xariz
    Xariz
    ✭✭
    Thanks team! Excited for early access tomorrow. Been working 16 hour days since Thursday for emergency storm work and excited to just get home and relax in Vvardenfell.
  • POps75p
    POps75p
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this pic only?
  • POps75p
    POps75p
    ✭✭✭✭
    PCc only?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC/Mac on May 22. Console on June 6.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ProfesseurFreder
    ProfesseurFreder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no characters over level 35. No champion points at all. Are basic skill points going to be reset as well?

Been playing on and off for two and a half years and don't even know what Champion Points are!
    "Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game."
    -- William Faulkner.
  • skrigger
    skrigger
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome, very much needed
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no characters over level 35. No champion points at all. Are basic skill points going to be reset as well?

Been playing on and off for two and a half years and don't even know what Champion Points are!

No, but you might some skill points returned if a passive dropped from 3 levels to 2. If you wanted to redo skill points the respec will be cheap.

Once you get level 50 champion points come into play.
  • Jusey1
    Jusey1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I might have to give the skill respec thing a go on my character then.
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Your note says cheap respecs. It does not say Skills reset, only Champion Points.

Can you please confirm whether actual skills will be reset at login?
    Edited by SpAEkus on May 22, 2017 4:49AM
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we not opt out ? I'd rather not have to go and write down what CP is where on all alts

Get Chardump at http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info940-CharDump.html. Dumps character attribute, skill, and champion points in an easy to read XML file. If you're on console, then take screenshots.
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kildayen wrote: »
    Borvath wrote: »
    Evocation: This is now a 2-point passive, originally 3-points. It now reduces the cost of your Magicka abilities by 1/2% per piece of Light Armor, down from 1/2/3%.
    Will people who already spent a skill point on the last upgrade lose a point, can somebody in the PTS check it to make sure? I know that when you cure vampirism or lycantropy you lose all of the points there, permanently.
    Should I respec before the prepatch?
    Sorry for my english.

You do not lose those points there permanently.

You need to drop all skill points first and then go get cured. If you cure before dropping the points, they are just in limbo. You don't lose them, but since you did not reset they become inaccessable until you pick up vamp or werewolf again. Dropping skills first fixes this problem.
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SpAEkus wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Your note says cheap respecs. It does not say Skills reset, only Champion Points.

Can you please confirm whether actual skills will be reset at login?

Skills will not be reset. You might get some points refunded if the passive dropped to two levels from three.
  • dovakiin5574
    dovakiin5574
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like to live dangerously no actually I forgot to take screenshots lol
    PAPSMEAR - Positively Against Paws SMEAR campaign - Say YES to crown crates
  • Joseph_Nil
    Joseph_Nil
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up! :)
  • Barbara73
    Barbara73
    ✭✭✭
    Can we not opt out ? I'd rather not have to go and write down what CP is where on all alts

Install MyBuild add-on and take screen shots.

Thanks for the information. I just now looked for this and found another addon, which looks like the replacement.

"My Build Continued" is a continuation of Eugene Aksenov's original "My Build" Add-on.

This is an all character's build information add-on in one window. With this add-on, You can take a screenshot of your build so you can share it with others or publish it to forums to show it off.

You can now adjust your equipment, stats, and skills on the fly with the new "Refresh Button". No need to relog to update your stats.

"My Build" window will be displayed with chat command /mybuild, or you can bind a hotkey to toggle it.

A link would be nice for us noobs that never heard of this before....
    Not Every Player Is a Guy FFS
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any idea where I can find the final patch notes for today's update?
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • trav2609rwb17_ESO
    trav2609rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    cyberjanet wrote: »
    Any idea where I can find the final patch notes for today's update?

They will be appearing in the Patch Notes and fixes area but usually only close to time that the final patch is ready for release as they always check for any code that went AWOL or did not pass its test. And usually will be linked to all the Natch Potes posts as soon as anyone sees them (usually even before Gina has finished loading all the pages)
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Borvath wrote: »
    Evocation: This is now a 2-point passive, originally 3-points. It now reduces the cost of your Magicka abilities by 1/2% per piece of Light Armor, down from 1/2/3%.
    Will people who already spent a skill point on the last upgrade lose a point, can somebody in the PTS check it to make sure? I know that when you cure vampirism or lycantropy you lose all of the points there, permanently.
    Should I respec before the prepatch?
    Sorry for my english.
    @Borvath , they're not lost. Should you reacquire the skill line, the points are still placed and thus respec-able. It's why it's recommended to respec before curing.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Insandros
    Insandros
    ✭✭✭✭
    POps75p wrote: »
    PCc only?

Not to be insulting man, but please read up a thread's posts before asking question in it, this exact question has been asked and clearly replied a few posts before. ;)
  • colinb100
    colinb100
    Soul Shriven
    Well... massively disappointed in ESO for not giving players a slot for the new Warden... greedy money grubbing attitude. Such a shame.
  • Joffi
    Joffi
    ✭✭✭
    Barbara73 wrote: »

Install MyBuild add-on and take screen shots.

...snip...

"My Build" window will be displayed with chat command /mybuild, or you can bind a hotkey to toggle it.

A link would be nice for us noobs that never heard of this before....

Easiest to start with Minion and search the addon name.

Direct link to My Build Continued for details and manual install.
    "Bah... This is not the way... "

PC EU
    Tempora Jof, Daggerfall Covenant, Breton, Sorcerer, Vampire: "Being good is hard..."
    Jurfi da Nord, Aldmeri Dominion, Nord,Warden, Vampire: "Serving my own needs is easy."
    Randal the Second, Ebonheart Pact, Dark Elf, Dragonknight: "I refuse to feel the ex-slaver guilt I have."
    Inos sal'Ma'Nefic, Aldmeri Dominion, Imperial, Templar: "Heals by accident count, eh? Eh?"
    Desdenada Jof, Ebonheart Pact, High Elf, Sorcerer: "Righteousness is its own edict."
    Joffi da Rat, Aldmeri Dominion, Wood Elf, Nightblade: "Bah, this is not the way..."
    Indigo sal'Ma'Nefic, Daggerfall Covenant, Redguard, Dragonknight: "For glory!"
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess I should have read this on the 19th and played this weekend.
  • Akimbro
    Akimbro
    ✭✭✭✭

You're not going to want to have the same CP allocation with the changes.
    ALACRITY Emperors united RIP
    LAST PRODIGIES World first SO clear RIP

The last egg in the carton.
  • Yarlenzey
    Yarlenzey
    ✭✭✭✭
    pfft.

I just spent eight weeks and several hours, over about five separate configuration exercises on three characters (EACH); to get them exactly how I wanted them, after testing each one.

I dont read these forums until Mondays at 6PM when my online game has been rudely pulled out from under me for 'maintenance/borking' activity.

I have resolved this problem by uninstalling my game.

For those people quoting ADDONs as the solution here, would you please revise your posts; none of the Addons that I use work anymore. So I waited 6 hours to login to a game that has been COMPLETELY and UTTERLY ruined. If I spend 3-4 hours reconfiguring each character again AND THEN wait for the Addon authors to revise their products; it will set me back several weeks.

Time I no longer have.

I have resolved this problem by uninstalling my game
    I got suspenders for saying "Testicular Mass" instead of "Balls". like, rilly.

• Artanisul
    Artanisul
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yarlenzey wrote: »
    pfft.

I just spent eight weeks and several hours, over about five separate configuration exercises on three characters (EACH); to get them exactly how I wanted them, after testing each one.

I dont read these forums until Mondays at 6PM when my online game has been rudely pulled out from under me for 'maintenance/borking' activity.

I have resolved this problem by uninstalling my game.

For those people quoting ADDONs as the solution here, would you please revise your posts; none of the Addons that I use work anymore. So I waited 6 hours to login to a game that has been COMPLETELY and UTTERLY ruined. If I spend 3-4 hours reconfiguring each character again AND THEN wait for the Addon authors to revise their products; it will set me back several weeks.

Time I no longer have.

I have resolved this problem by uninstalling my game

Which is exactly what is called for in this case...
    Steam seems to be screwing me, even with a receipt, it says no access for me....

Uninstalling away we go!
  • SilverWrought
    SilverWrought
    Soul Shriven
    So in order to play at all, I have to buy the 'upgrade'? I can't do like all previous expansions, and just not buy it?
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So in order to play at all, I have to buy the 'upgrade'? I can't do like all previous expansions, and just not buy it?

No, not at all. You can play the base game for no extra charge. Just choose continue to pay the base game.
  • Lirkin
    Lirkin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here is my problem. If skills change enough I might find I can't do what I want with my Magic spec or Stamina spec and need to change to the other spec. Why can't I get a reduced cost for respecing those points to the other as well???
  • Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lirkin wrote: »
    Here is my problem. If skills change enough I might find I can't do what I want with my Magic spec or Stamina spec and need to change to the other spec. Why can't I get a reduced cost for respecing those points to the other as well???

I may have misunderstood your question. But ... I think you DO get a reduced cost? It's a complete refund of CP on first log in, so you can respend those however you like for free. And then it's 1 gold per skill point to rework your skills, until the next incremental patch, which is presumably a week away.
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Donari wrote: »
    Lirkin wrote: »

I may have misunderstood your question. But ... I think you DO get a reduced cost? It's a complete refund of CP on first log in, so you can respend those however you like for free. And then it's 1 gold per skill point to rework your skills, until the next incremental patch, which is presumably a week away.

I think @Lirkin is referring to attributes (health, stamina and magicka). I don't believe there is a reduced cost to change those, but I don't remember it being that expensive to reallocate them.